shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so far I have one Legacy rep. I think I''ll be buying another one sometime in the next few weeks.

I have the EC halo.

These are the stones I''m considering setting in it . . . a 1.4ish sapphire I''ve had for a bit.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another yellow sapphire I''m thinking of setting in the EC halo setting.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the Cheapy McCheaperton - the diamonds are photographing dark but they''re pretty lively in person. This is an H&A CZ in it.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the one I bought yesterday . . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Set with this .74 ct. H SI1 diamond. I haven''t reeived the diamond yet, though.

original.aspx

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeeeee! The yellow MUST go in the EC setting, it looks gorgeous! I love it! Can you get a profile shot of that baby?

And how on earth did I miss the round bezel band? Omg I love it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the best I''ve been able to do on the profile of this setting . . . shaving it down would require some serious re-work, I think.

original.aspx

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Nuts. I think I see what you mean though - the basket meets the band on the bottom. Oh well, it was worth a try :) I guess this means I should start saving to upgrade to an asscher!
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 8:20:04 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Nuts. I think I see what you mean though - the basket meets the band on the bottom. Oh well, it was worth a try :) I guess this means I should start saving to upgrade to an asscher!
2.gif
You know, you could always email LOGR and ask if they would modify the basket of this one? I can't imagine it would be too much more than $50 - $100 to combine the two.

Or, you know, you could always just ask him to square off/rectangle up the Legacy repro?

Just thinking out loud here, I would love to see what you come up with if you upgrade to an Asscher!
31.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That''s actually a good idea...apparently they can kind of do anything for $50 lol. This won''t be a project yet though, maybe after X-mas. I can''t stop looking at asschers and my husband loves them now that he''s seen my Jeff White, so it is a very logical upgrade
31.gif

I really like your little bezel band though...hm, maybe I can start with one of those hehehe.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was only $139. It''s not a bad deal considering . . . it''s made for a 7.5 mm stone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Once I get the wedding ring sorted out, I''m thinking about seeing if they can make this to fit my Star Sapphire.
1.gif
I think she''s a 7mm, but I need to confirm that somehow. Print out rulers are proving to be less than accurate... I jus think the swirly diamond accent would be gorgeous with the star! Whaddya think?

maybesapphirehome.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:09:26 PM
Author: geckodani
Once I get the wedding ring sorted out, I''m thinking about seeing if they can make this to fit my Star Sapphire.
1.gif
I think she''s a 7mm, but I need to confirm that somehow. Print out rulers are proving to be less than accurate... I jus think the swirly diamond accent would be gorgeous with the star! Whaddya think?

That would look great with your star! I bet a jeweler could measure it for you with their little metal...things. I forget what they are called lol.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:35:51 PM

1.gif

That would look great with your star! I bet a jeweler could measure it for you with their little metal...things. I forget what they are called lol.
LOL! Calipers.
2.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:42:20 PM
Date: 9/2/2008 9:35:51 PM

1.gif

LOL! Calipers.
2.gif

That would be it, LOL.
20.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....I love all of the ideas swirling around here.....YAY!!!!!
9.gif

Lori

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I must say I really enjoy the idea of finding inexpensive, blingy settings for non-engagement rings! (or any rings for that matter!)

I haven''t bought any rings from this dealer, but it''s definitely fun to look! Keep posting the pics!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 7:51:38 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

original.aspx
36.gif
yay lauren, I''m glad a PS''er got this one - I''ve been wanting it for a while, but no can afford at the moment
7.gif

Its going to look awesome with that diamond - where did you get the stone?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 2:30:29 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 9/2/2008 7:51:38 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

original.aspx
36.gif
yay lauren, I''m glad a PS''er got this one - I''ve been wanting it for a while, but no can afford at the moment
7.gif

Its going to look awesome with that diamond - where did you get the stone?
Thanks, Jane!
1.gif

I bought it on an unchallenged auction, so paid $100 under the Buy It Now price, which was nice.

The diamond was a second hand purchase on www.diamondbistro.com - so I''m hoping it''s as nice in person as it is in pics. I got it for a song, so I''m excited to see it next week!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Did you buy the stone from LadyWolfe? It looks really nice!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow Lauren you have some cool projects going on! So where are the blue and yellow sapphire from? How did you know what size to go with and do you like the quality of the small diamonds in he settings? I have aqua that i want to set one day.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 3:25:16 PM
Author: Upgradable
Did you buy the stone from LadyWolfe? It looks really nice!
No, it was from Anozira - apparently she''s a major PS lurker. She knew my ring as my email is a bit similar to my screen name here and seems like a really nice and honest woman.

I''ve sat on it for about a month, but made an offer yesterday and she accepted, so I sent her the money last night.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 4:27:38 PM
Author: innerkitten
Wow Lauren you have some cool projects going on! So where are the blue and yellow sapphire from? How did you know what size to go with and do you like the quality of the small diamonds in he settings? I have aqua that i want to set one day.
I''ve had both the yellow and the blue sapphires for a while now, and just knew that they both would have close to matching specs of 5x7ish. The diamonds in the EC setting are pretty nice, especially considering the price. I think an Aqua would look lovely in it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Awww..... she''s my pal!! I''m sure you''ll love it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 7:13:22 PM
Author: Upgradable
Awww..... she''s my pal!! I''m sure you''ll love it!

That''s a glowing seal of approval! Thank you for saying so!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo can''t wait to see the finished projects!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are some beautiful settings Lauren! i love how the green legacy-esque ring turned out and i am sure the rest will be just as lovely. Do you mind if i ask how the quailty of the settings are once you received them? They seem so inexpensive compared to so many others i''ve seen - how are they in person?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
They all look really pretty. Do you all feel the quality of them is - good, great, etc?

Thanks.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 12:57:01 PM
Author: violet3
Those are some beautiful settings Lauren! i love how the green legacy-esque ring turned out and i am sure the rest will be just as lovely. Do you mind if i ask how the quailty of the settings are once you received them? They seem so inexpensive compared to so many others i''ve seen - how are they in person?
I''m happy with the Legacy-inspired setting, for sure - and the EC halo with it''s tiny melee.

I''m not too entirely thrilled with the cheapy one, but for $130, what can you really expect?
3.gif

I haven''t received the split shank for the round yet, but I''m guessing because of the miligrain that it''s going to be lovely, too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I was about to ask about the quality of the settings too.
1. How is the polish?
2. How secure are the prongs on those with pave?
3. Do the melees at least sparkle a little?
4. What did your local jeweller who mounted the stones in the LOGR setting say about the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results