shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 9:11:46 PM
Author: Chrono
Yes, I was about to ask about the quality of the settings too.
1. How is the polish?
2. How secure are the prongs on those with pave?
3. Do the melees at least sparkle a little?
4. What did your local jeweller who mounted the stones in the LOGR setting say about the setting?
The polish is spotty at best, under the stone - not good. I had my jeweler polish out the basket and add some miligraining to the inner bezel, which wouldn''t be necessary if I had bought a stone that was exactly 7x7 mm.

As I always do, I asked my jeweler to make sure all of the stones were tight, and he didn''t mention that anything looked awry with the melee.

My camera grossly misrepresents how lovely these settings are in person. The melee are incredibly lively, but it''s so difficult to capture on camera. I can''t even capture fire in my Asscher with my camera, and it throws it around like it''s going out of style.

He was absolutely shocked when I told him how much I paid. Shocked. The Legacy setting is surprisingly sturdy and well detailed for how little the starting price is.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, sad news.

The diamond I had bought from diamondbistro went down the drain so the seller refunded my money. I really wish I had asked her to ship it to me on Tuesday instead of holding onto it until I got back from Vegas.
8.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 7:31:08 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow, sad news.

The diamond I had bought from diamondbistro went down the drain so the seller refunded my money. I really wish I had asked her to ship it to me on Tuesday instead of holding onto it until I got back from Vegas.
8.gif
oh no..... that''s terrible news, for you and the seller too! Is she absolutely sure it''s gone? I''ve heard of others finding them in the past, crawling around under the sink and taking things apart (clearly something I know nothing about).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Well that''s just weird. What on earth was she doing with it near the sink? I''m sorry though, that sucks - I bet you could find another one really easily though.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea why she had it near the sink - seems kind of odd, but those things happen. I asked her to let me know if it turned up again.

I think I may start looking for a vintage diamond to go in the split shank. Orrrrr . . . maybe a lavender spinel?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 10:13:43 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I have no idea why she had it near the sink - seems kind of odd, but those things happen. I asked her to let me know if it turned up again.

I think I may start looking for a vintage diamond to go in the split shank. Orrrrr . . . maybe a lavender spinel?
Aw Lauren that sux! And they don''t have anything to replace it with..?

Just on the lavender spinel, by all means if thats what you''d really like then go for it, I just thought I would tell you that I have not had one option since I started looking over 3 weeks ago
7.gif
Perhaps its the shape/size I''m after, but I''ve contacted every cutter and gem site with no love..
Who ever knew it would be so hard to drop some cash on a coloured stone, lol !

btw, I love the idea of an OEC for that mount..
5.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh man! That sux!! We''ll help you keep an eye out for a replacement!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I'd post a little update, and I'm without a camera today, so please don't shoot me . . .
11.gif

I received the round halo with the split shank and miligraining, and it is GORGEOUS!!!!! I still don't have a diamond to set in it, but I think I may hold this one aside for when I can afford an actual WF ACA. I'm thrilled with it, and it looks incredibly high-class and lovely - much more expensive than it looks.

I received a cushion sapphire from Thanex, and there is a little tiny window, but it's not too obvious, and the colour is amazing! If you would like to buy from them, I'd suggest buying the higher $ gems - they're worth it.

I also, on a whim, checked on another 7x7 mm cushion setting last night, and it was still at $160 - I won it at $163.
6.gif
I am probably going to set the Thanex sapphire in it, so I should have that done in a few weeks' time.

Man, I've been lucking out lately, but I think I've got quite enough to keep me busy for at least a few more months.

Oh, and I bought a pave eternity band last night, too. I got the 2 rings, for nearly as much as I paid for the 7x7mm cushion the first time. Eek! I'm clearly addicted, which is why I'm stopping as of today.
9.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been checking this thread to see if anyone has bought any more goodies from LOGR and WOOHOOOOO Lauren, I can''t wait to see your latest purchases! In particular, that eternity band! I emailed my hubby the info just last night so he can get me one for Christmas (in rose gold
31.gif
). I''d LOVE to see a pic of yours when you get it!

Thanks for sharing LOGR with everyone, they have some beautiful stuff!!!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 5:16:47 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
I''ve been checking this thread to see if anyone has bought any more goodies from LOGR and WOOHOOOOO Lauren, I can''t wait to see your latest purchases! In particular, that eternity band! I emailed my hubby the info just last night so he can get me one for Christmas (in rose gold
31.gif
). I''d LOVE to see a pic of yours when you get it!

Thanks for sharing LOGR with everyone, they have some beautiful stuff!!!
30.gif
Absolutely, Luvmyhalo! I''ll have a photoshoot once it arrives, and will probably take pics of all of my settings together for a big group shot.

I still am looking for pretty round stones for my 7.5 mm basket, but haven''t come up with much that I love lately. It seems easier to find cushions in the right size all of a sudden.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Yay for more rings and gems Lauren! Man, I wish I had whatever job you have lol. I''d buy LOGR settings like mad.

I can''t wait to see pictures :D

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 8:51:15 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Yay for more rings and gems Lauren! Man, I wish I had whatever job you have lol. I''d buy LOGR settings like mad.

I can''t wait to see pictures :D
Ohhh, MP - thanks, but really, I have to stop buying settings. HAVE to.
11.gif

I''m just using a bit of my commission for these, but I''m trying to go to Paris in November, so I think it''s time I just work on what I have.
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lauren,
would you be kind enough to post some pics of the split shank with round halo? I have a new OEC that I need to find an inexpensive home for..
many thanks!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please excuse the horrid pics . . . it''s all I have right now. . .

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really want an OEC for this ring . . .

original.aspx

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou sweetheart!
Have you looked at Old World for an OEC? apparently they are quite reasonable..

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I had been searching for a setting for my european cut diamond from my mom because I didnt just want it sitting around loose for forever... SO.. i went on ebay and bought a LOGR setting :)

He is making it in 18K for me and is making the dimensions for my diamond :)

here is the setting I bought... I LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

017g.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 10:32:45 PM
Author: arjunajane
Thankyou sweetheart!
Have you looked at Old World for an OEC? apparently they are quite reasonable..
I have checked them out, but I''m having trouble spending over $1k for an old .75 ct. stone. I had my hands on a second-hand .74 ct. modern brilliant for $600, and ALMOST had an antique cushion GIA certified 1.11 L SI1 at $887, but my bid didn''t go through at the last minute.
8.gif

I think I''m giving up on diamonds for a little while. It''s going to take some major time to find the right one, and I''ve set my very max budget at $1,000, so I am willing to go with an L/M SI1.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Blondbunny - what a pretty setting for your diamond from your mom! :) Cannot wait to see it in the setting!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 11:12:50 AM
Author: blondebunny
I had been searching for a setting for my european cut diamond from my mom because I didnt just want it sitting around loose for forever... SO.. i went on ebay and bought a LOGR setting :)

He is making it in 18K for me and is making the dimensions for my diamond :)

here is the setting I bought... I LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ohhhhh, I like that setting! Can''t wait to see pics of it when it''s done!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay fun!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ya''ll!! I had been wanting a halo ring for a long time... but me and the FF decided it wasnt engagement-ring enough.. (well mostly him... lol) so I figured hey.... I have a nice diamond laying around... and I saw that setting and was in love! :) I asked him if he could change the surprise diamonds to aquas but he said no :( Do you think my jeweler would be able to do this?? I gotta go find a good one here in Otown... I might use my stepdads though...

Im SO excited... 15 days seems FOREVER away~!!!!

Oh and I think Im gonna get a cushion and put an aqua in it :) as you can see I really want an aqua ring... Where should I look for a nice cushion aqua??

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooohooo, I got one, I got one!
9.gif
I won a bid on the legacy-style setting, it's being made in 2 YG/WG for me as we speak! Should be here in a couple of weeks. Now I just need something to set into it!!
41.gif
I hope it turns out well, because I didn't pay much for it!!
6.gif
It's unbelievable what these settings go for.

Any suggestions for stones?? Needs to be 7x7mm cushion, but that's my only guideline right now! Probably no more than AUS$250, seeing as the setting in total cost around that!! I love purple, pink, red, blue, green - bright or pastel colours.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 3:29:34 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Wooohooo, I got one, I got one!
9.gif
I won a bid on the legacy-style setting, it''s being made in 2 YG/WG for me as we speak! Should be here in a couple of weeks. Now I just need something to set into it!!
41.gif
I hope it turns out well, because I didn''t pay much for it!!
6.gif
It''s unbelievable what these settings go for.

Any suggestions for stones?? Needs to be 7x7mm cushion, but that''s my only guideline right now! Probably no more than AUS$250, seeing as the setting in total cost around that!! I love purple, pink, red, blue, green - bright or pastel colours.
Wooooohoooooo Andi! I just won another Legacy style a couple of days back, - for $163! People are finally learning how to bid properly! Yay!

I can''t wait to see yours!

As far as finding a stone - I would email Dan Stair, Peter Torraca, Jeff White, and Barry Bridgestock immediately.
2.gif
Barry won''t have any new stock listed on his site until November, though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered this one in 14K yellow gold for my Mozambique blue copper bearing tourmaline. I special ordered it with VS diamonds ($131 extra) because I always worry about cloudy diamonds when a setting is so inexpensive. It still came out to less than $500 with all of the extra work,, ring sizing, diamond upgrade and shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320300275524

How are the standard diamonds on his settings, truly really? I might order another setting. He's also going to make the head in the correct size for my stone (my stone is more of a roval). For $50 extra, I couldn't believe how cheap that was. My Jeweler would charge AT LEAST 4 to 5 times what I paid for this.

This seems too good to be true. I was looking at his settings a long time ago, but I didn't order anything. Now that I happened upon this thread, I took the plunge. My poor stone has been sitting in a box forever.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 10:20:17 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I ordered this one in 14K yellow gold for my Mozambique blue copper bearing tourmaline. I special ordered it with VS diamonds ($131 extra) because I always worry about cloudy diamonds when a setting is so inexpensive. It still came out to less than $500 with all of the extra work,, ring sizing, diamond upgrade and shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320300275524

How are the standard diamonds on his settings, truly really? I might order another setting. He''s also going to make the head in the correct size for my stone (my stone is more of a roval). For $50 extra, I couldn''t believe how cheap that was. My Jeweler would charge AT LEAST 4 to 5 times what I paid for this.

This seems too good to be true. I was looking at his settings a long time ago, but I didn''t order anything. Now that I happened upon this thread, I took the plunge. My poor stone has been sitting in a box forever.
Woooohooooo Tourmaline_lover - can''t wait to see it done!

The standard diamonds are fine, IMO. They obviously aren''t ACA quality, and they may have some teeny inclusions, but they''re bright and sparkley, at least in the Legacy setting. The EC setting I have was less expensive, and the diamonds are much smaller, but still pretty sparkley.

If I were to be setting an important stone, I would definitely upgrade the diamonds. For sure.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the advice, Lauren!! I''ll get on it!! Although I still don''t know what colour to go for!
I know, the prices are INSANE... I won mine for $152, plus $50 for two tone, obviously converted to $AUS it came to a bit more, but not much!! Did you find another stone to replace the diamond that went walkies?

Ooooh tourmaline_lover, look forward to seeing your finished masterpiece!!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 10:20:17 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

How are the standard diamonds on his settings, truly really? I might order another setting. He's also going to make the head in the correct size for my stone (my stone is more of a roval). For $50 extra, I couldn't believe how cheap that was. My Jeweler would charge AT LEAST 4 to 5 times what I paid for this.

This seems too good to be true. I was looking at his settings a long time ago, but I didn't order anything. Now that I happened upon this thread, I took the plunge. My poor stone has been sitting in a box forever.
Hey tourmaline lover - I also purchased the legacy style, in 18k gold and with standard diamonds.
I wasn't going to post this, but seeing as you asked - I'm gonna send mine back
40.gif

Its not so much the diamonds, although they aren't as sparkly as I'd hoped - quite a few of them seemed to have dark spots, perhaps "ring of death"..
Mine just has some stodgy work around the bezel set stones.
Although, I really don't want to discourage anyone - he has been really cool about the return, and all I'll be out is a bit of shipping.
Dunno, perhaps I just got unlucky?

Also, I am actually not put off, and may consider getting the same round one as Lauren above, although I may need to upgrade to VS.

I would suggest just getting the standard first, then you can always send it back and upgrade the clarity, if need be.

hth
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results