shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 6:59:37 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 9/25/2008 6:34:09 PM

Author: blondebunny

Ok so I dunno what to do.. I was going to change out the surprise diamonds so it had my birthstone (blue topaz) but they dont make them that small.. 1.5mm...so what should I do now?? She said they could do aqua.. but im so scared that the aqua will be too light and it wouldnt make a difference and u wouldnt be able to notice?? I dont want a dark blue.. I want a pretty medium blue... what should I do?!?!? Should i keep the diamond or do the aquas??

Hmmmmmm, I would go with as dark of aquas as they can find. Maybe leave the diamonds alone until you can find the blue you like?
I think that might be what I do... PLUS..they wanted something crazy like $12 per aqua.. I thought that was a little crazy for a 1.5mm aqua....

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BB,
That''s a gorgeous setting!!
30.gif
I can''t wait to get mine now. It''s 14K yellow gold but I''m so glad I upgraded to VS diamonds after seeing yours. Now I''m even more excited, thanks for making me ever more impatient for my setting.
39.gif

Thanks for all the pictures.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to brag, I won this setting for next to nothing, and he's going to upgrade to VS diamonds and provide rose gold bezel and prongs for my pinkish diamond, and sizing for only another $129 more. He's just doing the bezel part, not the part holding the diamonds. I was told the bezel would all that would be needed to make the diamond look really pink.

I'm so happy!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280269549614

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 9:03:44 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I had to brag, I won this setting for next to nothing, and it''s only going to cost $267 for the upgrade for VS diamonds and the rose gold bezel and prongs for my pinkish diamond. He''s just doing the bezel part, not the part holding the diamonds. I was told the bezel would all that would be needed to make the diamond look really pink.

I''m so happy!!!!

HOLY BANANAS!!! you got that for an AMAZING deal!!!!!! I wish I had seen that one I love it!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 9:03:44 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I had to brag, I won this setting for next to nothing, and he''s going to upgrade to VS diamonds and provide rose gold bezel and prongs for my pinkish diamond, and sizing for only another $129 more. He''s just doing the bezel part, not the part holding the diamonds. I was told the bezel would all that would be needed to make the diamond look really pink.

I''m so happy!!!!

Congratulations! That''s such a steal!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you haven''t seen it, it''s for the diamond in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-think-this-colored-diamond-would-look-good-in-rose-gold.95858/

It''s only 5mm and the setting is very unassuming and elegant. Since he''s only doing the bezel and prongs in rose gold and he''s leaving the surrounding diamonds on the head and in the shank in white gold, it hopefully will look nice and elegant.

I bought that diamond over ten years ago, it will be nice to finally get it set.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I received my legacy-esque setting in the mail about ten minutes ago, and I must say I am thrilled with the quality, considering what I paid for it! The diamonds are white as white, and to my eye I can only pick up the odd tiny TINY greyish inclusion here and there. It''s really really pretty. Now I just need a sodding stone to put in it!!
9.gif

I can across a rather lemony looking antique cushion cut recently... way too small for the setting but how good would something like that look?!
27.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 11:19:43 PM
Author: DandiAndi
Well I received my legacy-esque setting in the mail about ten minutes ago, and I must say I am thrilled with the quality, considering what I paid for it! The diamonds are white as white, and to my eye I can only pick up the odd tiny TINY greyish inclusion here and there. It''s really really pretty. Now I just need a sodding stone to put in it!!
9.gif

I can across a rather lemony looking antique cushion cut recently... way too small for the setting but how good would something like that look?!
27.gif
I think something like that would look - AMAZING!!!!!

You have to post pics when you can!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will! Mum has my digi camera so I''ll pop on over there today and take pics of the setting! I''m still parading around with it on
41.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2008 11:36:30 PM
I will! Mum has my digi camera so I''ll pop on over there today and take pics of the setting! I''m still parading around with it on
41.gif
Hahahahaha! I did that, too!

Did you upgrade to the VS diamonds, or stay with the SI diamonds?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I stayed with the SI diamonds! And I'm really very happy with them.

I'm struggling to find anything to put into it... there was a pink Mozambique Tourmaline on acstones.com that would have been perfect, but alas it has sold. Any ideas? I think I want pink... I think
37.gif
Or purple? Or... something.
14.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know how much the difference Usually is, about, between the winning bid and the regular Buy it Now price could be?

I''m interested in this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VS-Peridot-Diamond-14k-Gold-Cocktail-Ring-Size-5-9_W0QQitemZ280268521336QQihZ018QQcategoryZ67727QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

If you win the item, can they size it or do you have to take it as it is?

Thanks.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 1:10:31 AM
Author: sonomacounty
Does anyone know how much the difference Usually is, about, between the winning bid and the regular Buy it Now price could be?

I''m interested in this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VS-Peridot-Diamond-14k-Gold-Cocktail-Ring-Size-5-9_W0QQitemZ280268521336QQihZ018QQcategoryZ67727QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

If you win the item, can they size it or do you have to take it as it is?

Thanks.
I always email him for a quote on different customizable things for a ring I''m interested in. The base customizing charge is $50, and then he charges $10 for ring sizing, and extra for 18K or VS diamonds. He doesn''t charge anything extra for switching out the color of the gold for the whole ring. You should email him to ask him for a quote on what you want done, and he will add that to the price if you win the auction, or if you use "Buy it now."

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tourmaline !

Still:

Does anyone know how much the difference usually is, about, between the winning bid and the regular Buy it Now price?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on what you want, but if you stick with the same gold and the same diamonds, the customizing charge is $50 flat. I know it can vary a great deal on upgrading to 18K or VS diamonds.

What do you want done exactly? To really know for sure, you should email him. He''s great about communicating these things, and it can''t hurt to email him.
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, you''ve definitely started something great!
3.gif

I have my eye on two settings right now - I''m trying to see what gem I can find to fit them, but I might just get them both and save them for a rainy day
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 12:00:11 AM
No, I stayed with the SI diamonds! And I''m really very happy with them.

I''m struggling to find anything to put into it... there was a pink Mozambique Tourmaline on acstones.com that would have been perfect, but alas it has sold. Any ideas? I think I want pink... I think
37.gif
Or purple? Or... something.
14.gif
Email Barry Bridgestock - I know exactly which pink tourmaline you''re talking about because I should have bought it when I got my Mozambique, but I waited too long.

Maybe he has one lying around he can cut for you.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 9:15:15 AM
Author: sonomacounty
Thanks Tourmaline !

Still:

Does anyone know how much the difference usually is, about, between the winning bid and the regular Buy it Now price?
It could be more, or it could be $150 less. There''s just no way to know unless you track the settings.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
These settings are great where does everyone get their stones from?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just bought this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cushion-7X7mm-Pave-Diamond-14k-Gold-Semi-Mount-Ring_W0QQitemZ220284749735QQihZ012QQcategoryZ67727QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Now to find a stone to go in it. And bought a much-needed jewelry box so all my pretties are well taken care of
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 2:49:49 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Just bought this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cushion-7X7mm-Pave-Diamond-14k-Gold-Semi-Mount-Ring_W0QQitemZ220284749735QQihZ012QQcategoryZ67727QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Now to find a stone to go in it. And bought a much-needed jewelry box so all my pretties are well taken care of
1.gif
Awesome, BEG!

Mine should arrive today - it''s out on the truck for delivery now, and hopefully I can get to the post office after work before they close!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 2:49:49 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Just bought this!

1.gif
That''s funny, I''m the opposite. I buy the stone, and then I look for the setting.
emsmile.gif

I can''t wait to see more pictures of everyone''s LOGR settings when they get them!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/29/2008 11:33:35 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Email Barry Bridgestock - I know exactly which pink tourmaline you''re talking about because I should have bought it when I got my Mozambique, but I waited too long.

Maybe he has one lying around he can cut for you.
Thanks Lauren! I''m awaiting a reply from him.

In the meantime, my setting arrived! The quality is lovely, and the diamonds are SO pretty and sparkly, which of course, I cannot capture on camera.

2TRingSetting01.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s 14k two tone - white gold head and yellow gold shank. I''m very pleased with it!
1.gif

2TRingSetting02.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This shows the colour contrast a tad better...

2TRingSetting03.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn''t upgrade the diamonds seeing as this is just a fun RHR, and I''m very happy with them. It''s hard to tell in the pics, but the join where the band meets the head is seamless. Verra noice!

Excuse the dry hands... the joys of life as a scrub nurse
41.gif

2TRingSetting04.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Love the setting DandiAndi!
36.gif

Scrub nuse eh? You have my utmost respect - that job is hard! (From what I hear from my nurse friends).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh, beautiful setting.
30.gif
. Those are really large diamonds as well. Thanks for the real detailed and up close pictures. I should be getting mine in about a week (hopefully). I can't wait.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 8:24:41 AM
Author: geckodani
Love the setting DandiAndi!
36.gif

Scrub nuse eh? You have my utmost respect - that job is hard! (From what I hear from my nurse friends).
Heehee thanks! I wuvs it!

ETA: I meat the job AND the ring!
9.gif

Thanks t_l! I'm very pleased with it, overall!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results