shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2008 4:11:21 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Yup, those are scratches in the polish. It''s not a big deal because it should polished after setting the center stone anwyay, but just thought I would mention it. Also there is some discoloration on the underside of the halo. Perhaps a repair or some scorched gold, though you wouldn''t see that on your finger. Overall the shape is nice.
Thanks for the pics. I have the same mount I put my chocolate diamond in, but I used the prongs to fit it (didn''t want to take a chance with a bezel setting since they have to be PERFECT in size). I posted detailed pics in this thread with the stone in it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pinkish-brown-and-coffee-brown-stones-set-in-logr-and-tacori-mounts.98283/

It''s a very pretty setting, but it looks a lot more bold in the photos, wouldn''t you agree? It''s very narrow in the shank and the bezel, and very very delicate. The diamonds are really tiny as well, the surprise diamonds are a bit larger. He''s charging a starting price of $259 for this setting. I have to tell you that with the diamond upgrade, it''s around $75 more (only 30 points of diamonds if that), and I think a bit more than I would like to spend on such a thin setting. Although very pretty, it is very very small. I also have discoloration and bumpiness on the bottom of the halo, which you cannot notice unless you take the ring off. Of course, it''s not finished on the inside like you would expect a more expensive piece of jewelry. In all, you get what you pay for.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! thanks for sharing "love in Bloom"
Thats the same setting I got and I decided to upgrade as well. Hopefully it will come in this week :)
how was shipping for you? pretty fast?
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2008 12:07:25 AM
Author: blinkydoll
Oh! thanks for sharing ''love in Bloom''
Thats the same setting I got and I decided to upgrade as well. Hopefully it will come in this week :)
how was shipping for you? pretty fast?
36.gif
I took 10 days from the time I sent payment to it being delievered to me. They were very prompt for me and I hope yours gets to you soon!

2.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hi-
i rec''d a LOGR 3 sided pave band from my DH last weekend!

he gave it to me at dinner, complete with candlelight and it sparkled immediately.

i do agree with some - that it looks a little ''blah'' under overcast skies etc. - and it certainly does not hold a candle to my facets bands. however, i have been mixing up the LOGR band with the facets bands, and i quite like the look.

i think it needs a good polish and cleaning - but overall, i am very happy with the band.

LOGRpaveeternityforviz.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
ohh craptastic picture...
lemme try here at work.

againLOGRpave.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
vizla, I''ve been eyeing that little band for weeks--it just seems like such a fun band for stacking!

How comfy is it?

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
neither picture shows the sparkle - but.. it''s sparkling as i type ;-)
i''ll try to take better pictures this afternoon.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
oh super comfy

actually, i have a prong set sapphire band that i wear with my engagement bands - and i moved that to my right hand so i could wear the LOGR ring stacked... and i found the sapphire band to be more annoying than the pave band.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vizsla, cool! It looks lovely!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
thanks.. i do like it a lot...

IMO the ring quality/diamond quality was better than expected. however, you can tell a difference between the facets bands and the LOGR band - without trying ;-)

but if you don''t want to spend $1500 on eternity band, this is a really nice option - i think the fact that the diamonds are soooooo small helps. i can''t see any inclusions just by looking at it and it sparkles most of the time.

i was waiting to receive this band before i purchased the yellow gold and rose gold bands to stack with it... i''m happy with the quality that i plan on ordering the other bands soon. i will make sure to post pictures when i get them ;-)

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
lemme try that other picture again ;-)

LOGRvizringfromDH.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 9:06:20 PM

Date: 10/25/2008 5:27:56 PM
Author: Kelli
I got my ring today, will be starting a thread momentarily. Not all that pleased though. At a glance it looks beautiful, look a little closer and well.... I guess you get what you pay for. Details coming up in my thread.
Kelli - I''m sorry you aren''t pleased...I think it looks great!
Thanks LIB. From the top down it does look pretty good, but the prongs were not put on correctly (confirmed now by THREE different jewelers) and from any other angle it was a mess! It''s being fixed now because from the side and front views it just looked way too crooked and cheaply thrown together. The jeweler is removing the prongs and re-doing them.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
BTW LIB I hope you can get your MIL''s ring to work. It looks really pretty!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visla it looks quite lovely!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 12:17:46 PM
Author: vizsla
hi-
i rec''d a LOGR 3 sided pave band from my DH last weekend!

he gave it to me at dinner, complete with candlelight and it sparkled immediately.

i do agree with some - that it looks a little ''blah'' under overcast skies etc. - and it certainly does not hold a candle to my facets bands. however, i have been mixing up the LOGR band with the facets bands, and i quite like the look.

i think it needs a good polish and cleaning - but overall, i am very happy with the band.
What is the carat weight of that band? It is very pretty and dainty.

I don''t think he uses full cut stones, so that adds to the dullness of some of the LOGR pieces, even if you upgrade. There was someone here who upgraded the diamonds in her pave eternity LOGR band, and she wasn''t quite pleased with the sparkle. In fact, I asked him that question, and he never replied back (if he uses full cut stones). Another ebay Chinese manufacturer akin to LOGR admitted they don''t use full cut stones, even for their upgrade stones, but if you want them, it costs more. At least they gave me the option.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
it''s ''supposed'' to be .61 tcw - i don''t know if it is for sure.. i''m not going to take it to a jeweler.

i''ve always found that typically you get what you pay for .. i wasn''t expecting this to be the most amazing pave band ever.. i was expecting a little sparkle for a good price - and i got it.. and for that, i''m happy with the ring.

i think if you are looking for a stand alone eternity ring that commands attention, you are better off to save save save and buy from a higher quality dealer (whiteflash, facets etc.)

i wanted something (egad) cheap that was still pretty and sparkly - and i think i got it - overall i''m happy with the $$ paid vs. the product rec''d - and that is a ''deal'' in my book ;-)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 1:51:30 PM
thanks.. i do like it a lot...

IMO the ring quality/diamond quality was better than expected. however, you can tell a difference between the facets bands and the LOGR band - without trying ;-)

but if you don''t want to spend $1500 on eternity band, this is a really nice option - i think the fact that the diamonds are soooooo small helps. i can''t see any inclusions just by looking at it and it sparkles most of the time.

i was waiting to receive this band before i purchased the yellow gold and rose gold bands to stack with it... i''m happy with the quality that i plan on ordering the other bands soon. i will make sure to post pictures when i get them ;-)
Hi vizsla how are you ?!
35.gif
congrats on the new band hon.
5.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
hola! hi hi hi!
35.gif

lemme try and sneak another pic real quick before i have to be (gasp) productive today.
bleh ;-)

vizring1blahblah.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock

vizring2blahblah.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
these pictures stink, but it''s not like i''m a photographer or anything ;-)

vizring3blahblah.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After much drama my ring is finally done.

IMG00068.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another, sorry if blurry, used cell phone.

It holds my 1.72 cushion cut sapphire cut by Michael E.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 3:25:29 PM
it''s ''supposed'' to be .61 tcw - i don''t know if it is for sure.. i''m not going to take it to a jeweler.

i''ve always found that typically you get what you pay for .. i wasn''t expecting this to be the most amazing pave band ever.. i was expecting a little sparkle for a good price - and i got it.. and for that, i''m happy with the ring.

i think if you are looking for a stand alone eternity ring that commands attention, you are better off to save save save and buy from a higher quality dealer (whiteflash, facets etc.)

i wanted something (egad) cheap that was still pretty and sparkly - and i think i got it - overall i''m happy with the $$ paid vs. the product rec''d - and that is a ''deal'' in my book ;-)
Let us know what the jeweler says about the diamond weight. Thanks!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops, here we go

IMG00072.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2008 9:47:12 AM
Author: autumngems
oops, here we go
It looks gorgeous - even in the blurry photo! Can''t wait to see more pics of it!

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
My LOGR upgraded setting is in and I FINALLY got a few shots of it for you. I''ll get some more when the sun''s out.

My Setting Closest.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 10:22:48 AM
Author: dancingflame
My LOGR upgraded setting is in and I FINALLY got a few shots of it for you. I''ll get some more when the sun''s out.
It looks lovely! Did you upgrade the diamonds AND the gold, or just the diamonds?

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I upgraded everything. Link to thread with pics.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 11:09:03 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Yup, those are scratches in the polish. It's not a big deal because it should polished after setting the center stone anwyay, but just thought I would mention it. Also there is some discoloration on the underside of the halo. Perhaps a repair or some scorched gold, though you wouldn't see that on your finger. Overall the shape is nice.
Thanks for the pics. I have the same mount I put my chocolate diamond in, but I used the prongs to fit it (didn't want to take a chance with a bezel setting since they have to be PERFECT in size). I posted detailed pics in this thread with the stone in it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pinkish-brown-and-coffee-brown-stones-set-in-logr-and-tacori-mounts.98283/

It's a very pretty setting, but it looks a lot more bold in the photos, wouldn't you agree? It's very narrow in the shank and the bezel, and very very delicate. The diamonds are really tiny as well, the surprise diamonds are a bit larger. He's charging a starting price of $259 for this setting. I have to tell you that with the diamond upgrade, it's around $75 more (only 30 points of diamonds if that), and I think a bit more than I would like to spend on such a thin setting. Although very pretty, it is very very small. I also have discoloration and bumpiness on the bottom of the halo, which you cannot notice unless you take the ring off. Of course, it's not finished on the inside like you would expect a more expensive piece of jewelry. In all, you get what you pay for.
I definitely agree. The appearance in photos can be a bit grotesque, but I feel the milgrain is represented accurately. I am accustomed to the delicate "00" guage milgrain that VC uses, so most other milgrain looks kind of scary and irregular to me. The shank does taper some towards the halo; I'm not sure if that is evident in the photos. I got my setting for a little less than $259 including the upgrade to VS diamonds. I feel I got what I paid for.

Oh, and I finally found a diamond-cut tourmaline that fits the setting perfectly. Here tis:

BKast_PinkTourm_022c.jpg

BKast_PinkTourm_024c.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 5:23:29 PM

Date: 10/25/2008 11:09:03 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Yup, those are scratches in the polish. It''s not a big deal because it should polished after setting the center stone anwyay, but just thought I would mention it. Also there is some discoloration on the underside of the halo. Perhaps a repair or some scorched gold, though you wouldn''t see that on your finger. Overall the shape is nice.
Thanks for the pics. I have the same mount I put my chocolate diamond in, but I used the prongs to fit it (didn''t want to take a chance with a bezel setting since they have to be PERFECT in size). I posted detailed pics in this thread with the stone in it.

It''s a very pretty setting, but it looks a lot more bold in the photos, wouldn''t you agree? It''s very narrow in the shank and the bezel, and very very delicate. The diamonds are really tiny as well, the surprise diamonds are a bit larger. He''s charging a starting price of $259 for this setting. I have to tell you that with the diamond upgrade, it''s around $75 more (only 30 points of diamonds if that), and I think a bit more than I would like to spend on such a thin setting. Although very pretty, it is very very small. I also have discoloration and bumpiness on the bottom of the halo, which you cannot notice unless you take the ring off. Of course, it''s not finished on the inside like you would expect a more expensive piece of jewelry. In all, you get what you pay for.
I definitely agree. The appearance in photos can be a bit grotesque, but I feel the milgrain is represented accurately. I am accustomed to the delicate ''00'' guage milgrain that VC uses, so most other milgrain looks kind of scary and irregular to me. The shank does taper some towards the halo; I''m not sure if that is evident in the photos. I got my setting for a little less than $259 including the upgrade to VS diamonds. I feel I got what I paid for.

Oh, and I finally found a diamond-cut tourmaline that fits the setting perfectly. Here tis:

BKast_PinkTourm_022c.jpg
Oh my gosh, LIB! That ring is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you find that gorgeous tourmaline?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results