shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I know I don''t really post in this thread but I too have bid on some of the LOGR settings and was outbid. It also seems to me that the prices have been higher in the past couple of weeks... maybe from so many posters and lurkers here. Or because he put Pricescope on his auctions.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.
7.gif
I was bidding on a pave band and it went up higher than I could afford. Sad Gecko.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I got my pink tourmaline from Dan! It wasn't the colour I had expected, it's not 'typical' pink, but I love it! It's so unusual. It's a deep pink in natural light and sunlight, and a deep purplish-pink bordering on brown, indoors. And it twinkles like no tomorrow!!

Dan's the Man
9.gif

Here it is with my blue topaz of unknown caratage
25.gif

TourmnAqua.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bleh. Mind the fluff in the last pic. This isn''t a very good shot but is more true to the colour outdoors.

TourmAlone.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be going into my LOGR legacy-style setting. Here she is in her future home.

TourmInSetting1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh! That''s going to look GREAT!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's beautiful, and superbly cut. The diamonds in the LOGR look so sparkley in the sunlight. I know I always as this question, but did you upgrade the diamonds? Take more pictures after it's set - please!!

It's going to make an incredible ring when the stone is set. How exciting!!
36.gif

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 5:27:01 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Date: 10/15/2008 5:20:29 PM

Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 10/15/2008 5:16:35 PM

Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 10/15/2008 3:44:06 PM

Got to agree ......... we need stats on the Sapphire please!!!

Has anybody got this setting from LOGR?

LovingDiamonds, I don''t have either of those, but I would swear someone just bought the double oval halo . . . .

Thanks LTP. Hopefully they''ll come along and tell all! I''ve actually just won the double oval and am thinking of adding the other to save on postage (which will make 3
23.gif
). Look what you''re responsible for!
2.gif

I found it! Here is the thread! It looks gorgeous too!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-bought-my-first-gem-stone-ring.97394/

Hi! Yep, that''s me! I and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ring! I didn''t upgrade the diamonds (just got them as they came, SI) and they sparkle so much! I also asked LOGR to custom make a matching double halo pendant setting, which is why we now see those for sale in his ebay store - lol! I bought the pendant from him as well and LOVE the set together. I wear them almost everyday - am a jeans and diamonds kind of girl. I am so thankful to have found LOGR and to have found Pricescope! I''m one of the ''new friends'' as I just became a member of LOGR because of the link he puts to Pricescope in his auctions. It''s great to have found you all and to have others to share a jewelry addiction with!!
3.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow those LOGR''s are gorgeous!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2008 10:37:31 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
That's beautiful, and superbly cut. The diamonds in the LOGR look so sparkley in the sunlight. I know I always as this question, but did you upgrade the diamonds? Take more pictures after it's set - please!!

It's going to make an incredible ring when the stone is set. How exciting!!
36.gif
Thanks dear!!
9.gif
No I didn't upgrade the diamonds, and I'm thrilled with them. I can't wait to have this puppy set!!!

Thanks, gecko!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 2:37:54 AM
Author: DandiAndi
This will be going into my LOGR legacy-style setting. Here she is in her future home.

Now THIS is going to make a stunnning ring!!!!! Wow! I would LOVE to see more loose pics of the stone if you can! It''s really, really pretty!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 1:55:50 PM
Author: StephCrowley

Date: 10/15/2008 5:27:01 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 10/15/2008 5:20:29 PM

Date: 10/15/2008 5:16:35 PM

Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 10/15/2008 3:44:06 PM

Got to agree ......... we need stats on the Sapphire please!!!

Has anybody got this setting from LOGR?

LovingDiamonds, I don''t have either of those, but I would swear someone just bought the double oval halo . . . .

Thanks LTP. Hopefully they''ll come along and tell all! I''ve actually just won the double oval and am thinking of adding the other to save on postage (which will make 3
23.gif
). Look what you''re responsible for!
2.gif

I found it! Here is the thread! It looks gorgeous too!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-bought-my-first-gem-stone-ring.97394/

Hi! Yep, that''s me! I and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ring! I didn''t upgrade the diamonds (just got them as they came, SI) and they sparkle so much! I also asked LOGR to custom make a matching double halo pendant setting, which is why we now see those for sale in his ebay store - lol! I bought the pendant from him as well and LOVE the set together. I wear them almost everyday - am a jeans and diamonds kind of girl. I am so thankful to have found LOGR and to have found Pricescope! I''m one of the ''new friends'' as I just became a member of LOGR because of the link he puts to Pricescope in his auctions. It''s great to have found you all and to have others to share a jewelry addiction with!!
3.gif
Steph, welcome to our little brood here.
2.gif

We''re really happy that you''ve found PS, and I have to say, your ring is just GORGEOUS!!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi that is just STUNNING!! What a beautiful stone, and we all know what a great setting that is!

Steph, your ring is just TDF, and how awesome that you have the pendant to match!

I''m so glad you ladies love your settings and didn''t upgrade your diamonds. I didn''t upgrade them on mine either, but I haven''t seen it yet. It shipped out on Saturday and I''m really looking forward to getting it. How long did it take to get your settings?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words, ladies!! I gave the stone and ring to my jeweller today to be set!!!

Kelli, ... mine was custom because I had it made in 2 tone, therefore I was told it would take 15 days. From the day I paid for it to when it landed on my doorstep, it was only 9 days to here in Australia.

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 12:54:45 AM
Author: Kelli

DandiAndi that is just STUNNING!! What a beautiful stone, and we all know what a great setting that is!

Steph, your ring is just TDF, and how awesome that you have the pendant to match!

I''m so glad you ladies love your settings and didn''t upgrade your diamonds. I didn''t upgrade them on mine either, but I haven''t seen it yet. It shipped out on Saturday and I''m really looking forward to getting it. How long did it take to get your settings?

Thank you so much! I can''t wait to see photos of your completed ring! I think mine also took a week to 10 days to arrive and I''m in California.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I paid for it last Tuesday, actually Wednesday was when I paid the $10 sizing fee, then it shipped on Saturday. I''m really excited to get it!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Lauren:

Lauren, why do you prefer the domed pave? I believe whenever I''ve tried one on it was not that comfortable. Your picture is of your three sided, correct?

Thanks for all your help.

Oh, your new garnet is awesome, btw.

---

What is fun is that I''ve looked at the pave under UV light and some flouresce blue but one or two flouresce red.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cushion sapphire is being set as we speak, however, I have sent several emails about the pave eternity ring and customizing and cannot get anyone to respond back?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It took him a couple days to respond to a question I had, but he still didn''t get back to me about my discount question. Oh well, I guess that means no way. Just to let you know, I asked him about a listing that stated that a mounting had VS diamonds in it. I asked him if that was true, and he said no, it was SI. Therefore, make sure you know that you''re definitely getting VS diamonds if the listing states it, or upgrade.

I''m looking at settings from another jeweler right now that I used to buy from on ebay. He has very reasonable prices on gemstone mounts and I have a couple of his settings, and they are definitely true well cut SI or above stones, no cloudyness or visible inclusions whatsoever. He has some rose gold mountings as well. At one point in time, his settings were a bit more expensive than LOGR, but once you upgrade the diamonds and now that the LOGR prices have gone up a bit, I think they''re comprable. At least with this dealer, I don''t have to upgrade the diamonds.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dandi, that's really pretty! We're going to be LOGR cushion triplets (you, me and Lauren - hope I'm not missing anyone else!)

Can't wait to see it when it's set!

EDIT:

So sad about the increasing prices
7.gif
Although compared to how much those settings would be from anywhere else, it's still a deal...

I'm looking at one now for my mom (Xmas present) - just bought a Dan Stair sapphire for her, and now need to set it.
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOGR rings are still good prices next to other rings their quality, but I have an issue with paying more now since I got one of the settings so cheaply, and now I see it going for a lot more than what I paid, even on auction. It''s like paying extra for gasoline, no matter - even if it goes up a dime, it makes me mad!!
face4.gif

I also wish there was some consistency to the diamond quality. I know people that are happy with the SI diamonds, and some that are not. I would order a setting with the SI diamonds, but I feel like I''m taking a chance there, so I always upgrade, and now the upgrade price went up. I''m just a cheapy mccheaperton when it comes to settings. I usually spend more on the stone.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think the truth is - we liked LOGR settings for their price point. If we had to pay more, we would go somewhere else. I got 2 settings each for under $100 and really don''t feel like spending over $300 for their settings.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m looking at halo from the other dealer I''ve purchased from with about a half carat of TRUE SI sparkley diamonds (they could be VS as well), not cloudy, with some antique engraving work on the shank, and he can do it in rose gold with free sizing charge for $399. I think this is very similar to the price I would pay for the now famous LaurenThePartier OEC halo that now starts at $298 for .29 carat diamonds. If I upgrade the diamonds and add ring sizing, we''re looking at $85 added to that according to my calculations. The workmanship on this other dealers settings also is very nice. I may just do that because I want a nice setting for my champagne diamond, but I don''t want to sacrafice diamond accent quality.

I still love LOGR, but now that his prices are higher, I think there''s more options on ebay as well.

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 12:46:58 PM
I''m looking at halo from the other dealer I''ve purchased from with about a half carat of TRUE SI sparkley diamonds (they could be VS as well), not cloudy, with some antique engraving work on the shank, and he can do it in rose gold with free sizing charge for $399. I think this is very similar to the price I would pay for the now famous LaurenThePartier OEC halo that now starts at $298 for .29 carat diamonds. If I upgrade the diamonds and add ring sizing, we''re looking at $85 added to that according to my calculations. The workmanship on this other dealers settings also is very nice. I may just do that because I want a nice setting for my champagne diamond, but I don''t want to sacrafice diamond accent quality.

I still love LOGR, but now that his prices are higher, I think there''s more options on ebay as well.

Hi Tourmaline Lover! I''d love to explore other reputable ebay options out there...is it okay to share the name/link of the other dealer you''ve purchased from in the past?

Steph

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 12:53:21 PM
Author: StephCrowley

Date: 10/22/2008 12:46:58 PM

Hi Tourmaline Lover! I''d love to explore other reputable ebay options out there...is it okay to share the name/link of the other dealer you''ve purchased from in the past?

Steph

IF you don''t mind, I am thinking several of us would like to know the ebay seller........I just hope that he doesn''t raise his prices after us PSers find out about them. Don''t worry, we won''t tell anyone!
2.gif
LOL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of his items for sale are regular mounted stones, he doesn't typically sell semi-mounts. However, I asked him if any of his diamond or gemstone rings come as semi-mounts, and he said yes. The one I'm looking at wasn't the one I thought was for $399, but it's nice (I have to ask him how much that setting truly is). The less expensive settings are not as frilly as LOGR, but the workmanship, IMO, is a bit better and the diamonds do really sparkle in all kinds of light. The rings are finished better. I have an engraved solitare ring from him with side diamonds that I LOVE. I'm thinking of changing the center stone though.

I hope the prices don't go up if I give you his name!

Let me get some questions into him first, and then I'll give you his name, I promise.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!....but I can understand if you don''t want to disclose the info for the sake of keeping the prices down. Then again, once you mention us..... he may be so racked with volume, maybe he won''t raise his prices?!
2.gif
3.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I got my oval setting today! I didn''t take pictures because I took it straight to a jeweler. I do like it! I definitely wouldn''t want it for an engagement ring, but it''s great for a fun RHR. The diamonds are ok for what I paid. I can see a few that are not as clear and bright, but I have to look pretty hard, and for $150 I can''t complain. They do have a little sparkle to them
1.gif

I had quite an experience with the first jeweler I went to though. He kind of yelled at me
38.gif
. He very rudely said some VERY horrible things about why my setting wasn''t quite right, and especially why I got it so cheap. I don''t want to repeat what he said because it was really offensive, and although I did NOT like the way he talked to me, I don''t know if there is any truth to what he said, so now I don''t feel as good about it. Has this happened to anyone else? I know jewelers can be rude when you don''t buy things from them, but I don''t know how to react to that.
33.gif
It ended up that he wouldn''t set it because the prongs weren''t right. I took it to another jeweler who said it would be ready on Saturday and it should look pretty nice.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out the thread I started today on Cheap ebay mounts in this forum (colored stones). There are several other dealers that do inexpensive mass produced Chinese made settings that people like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results