shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR Settings . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 10:10:45 PM
Author: Kelli
I got my oval setting today! I didn''t take pictures because I took it straight to a jeweler. I do like it! I definitely wouldn''t want it for an engagement ring, but it''s great for a fun RHR. The diamonds are ok for what I paid. I can see a few that are not as clear and bright, but I have to look pretty hard, and for $150 I can''t complain. They do have a little sparkle to them
1.gif

I had quite an experience with the first jeweler I went to though. He kind of yelled at me
38.gif
. He very rudely said some VERY horrible things about why my setting wasn''t quite right, and especially why I got it so cheap. I don''t want to repeat what he said because it was really offensive, and although I did NOT like the way he talked to me, I don''t know if there is any truth to what he said, so now I don''t feel as good about it. Has this happened to anyone else? I know jewelers can be rude when you don''t buy things from them, but I don''t know how to react to that.
33.gif
It ended up that he wouldn''t set it because the prongs weren''t right. I took it to another jeweler who said it would be ready on Saturday and it should look pretty nice.
Well that''s rude. I brought my LOGR into a fancy shmancy jeweler in a very upper class neighborhood to get my brown diamond set (I don''t trust maul sellers to mount stones), and he was very gracious and professional. He just said that my stone would look nice in the LOGR setting and it would be a dramatic contrast of the brown against the white gold. If these LOGR settings are so completely awful and of such bad quality, then most jewelers wouldn''t touch them for fear of cracking the gold or the stones falling out. However, there are a lot of people that have their stones set in LOGR''s without any issue.

It''s funny that he wouldn''t set it, but the other jeweler didn''t have a problem setting it. What a joke. Don''t feel bad about your setting, if you love it, than that''s all that matters. There are many people that brought their LOGR''s into jewelers that were amazed at the quality for the price. No, it''s not a Leon Mege (don''t we wish), but it''s darn good quality for the price.

What did he say, now I want to know.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Will, darn...I think I''m going blind, I can''t seem to find it!
emdgust.gif

I even did a search....

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 10:37:16 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 10/22/2008 10:10:45 PM
I got my oval setting today! I didn''t take pictures because I took it straight to a jeweler. I do like it! I definitely wouldn''t want it for an engagement ring, but it''s great for a fun RHR. The diamonds are ok for what I paid. I can see a few that are not as clear and bright, but I have to look pretty hard, and for $150 I can''t complain. They do have a little sparkle to them
1.gif

I had quite an experience with the first jeweler I went to though. He kind of yelled at me
38.gif
. He very rudely said some VERY horrible things about why my setting wasn''t quite right, and especially why I got it so cheap. I don''t want to repeat what he said because it was really offensive, and although I did NOT like the way he talked to me, I don''t know if there is any truth to what he said, so now I don''t feel as good about it. Has this happened to anyone else? I know jewelers can be rude when you don''t buy things from them, but I don''t know how to react to that.
33.gif
It ended up that he wouldn''t set it because the prongs weren''t right. I took it to another jeweler who said it would be ready on Saturday and it should look pretty nice.
Well that''s rude. I brought my LOGR into a fancy shmancy jeweler in a very upper class neighborhood to get my brown diamond set (I don''t trust maul sellers to mount stones), and he was very gracious and professional. He just said that my stone would look nice in the LOGR setting and it would be a dramatic contrast of the brown against the white gold. If these LOGR settings are so completely awful and of such bad quality, then most jewelers wouldn''t touch them for fear of cracking the gold or the stones falling out. However, there are a lot of people that have their stones set in LOGR''s without any issue.

It''s funny that he wouldn''t set it, but the other jeweler didn''t have a problem setting it. What a joke. Don''t feel bad about your setting, if you love it, than that''s all that matters. There are many people that brought their LOGR''s into jewelers that were amazed at the quality for the price. No, it''s not a Leon Mege (don''t we wish), but it''s darn good quality for the price.

What did he say, now I want to know.
I''m not sure I should say. It wasn''t all that much about the quality, it was more about the "ethics" and morals involved with buying things that were made overseas. Obviously I have NO idea what the conditions are like where me ring was made, but somehow my jeweler knew all about it. What scares me is that I don''t know if there is truth behind what he''s saying, certainly there are some pretty terrible places out there who exploit their workers. How do I know if what he said is true, or what I can even do about it if it is, short of just not buying from them again? He said some REALLY horrible things, I just don''t know how to react. I certainly didn''t expect that when I walked in.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Kelli, I would like to respond to you about products that were made in China. I will do it tomorrow. I just want to write the LOGR review today. feeling lazy.
25.gif

I received my LOGR ring couple days ago. It is very close to the picture it had on the auction. The gold is a bit thin on the underside, The diamond quality is pretty good. They were very clean and sparkle like crazy under the sun. I wouldn''t recommend it as a "wedding ring" as it was advertised (because the gold is a bit thin), but defiantly a fun ring for some people. In my case, it is going to be a fun ring for my mom. If I knew it, I would have asked to pay a little extra to have more gold to fill the inside of the shank and make the band a bit thicker. Overall, very good price for the product.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220284342475&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am not saying all factories in China are fine but many have acceptable working conditions. I go to China frequently and have many friends that own factories there. It''s not great but it isn''t that bad - we have to remember that ithe culture there is different and many of the locals find the conditions acceptable.

I have friends who moved to North America from China. Many have moved back because they enjoyed life better in China - this has nothing to do with career progression and opportunities.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you guys. Lovegem, I look forward to hearing what you have to say about China tomorrow, but I totally understnd not wanting to get into that right now! I would really appreciate ANY input on the subject!

Charmypoo thanks for your reply too. Believe me, I am not one to go around telling people what they should and shouldn''t buy. I was just soooooooooo taken aback with his comments! Naturally I would LOVE to buy from this store again without feeling like I am contributing to some horrible situation. I would love to chalk it up to him just being rude because my setting was from somewhere else, as I know many jewelers can be that way. But I didn''t want to totally dismiss what he said either, even if it was not said nicely. Sorry to bring drama to the thread, that kind of thing is not my style.
38.gif
I just have never been snipped at by a total stranger that way before and I don''t know how to feel about it!
40.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli... the issue lies more with the jeweler. He is probably ranting because you spent your money in China rather than spent it with him. If he is truly concerned about this, you would think he would be a bit more polite rather than making a potential NEW customer feel uneasy about there purchase elsewhere. His attitude is going to come back and bite him in the butt. Many people buy from overseas...... yes, we would all like to be able to buy a Leon Mege ring at an incredible price.....but at the end of the day... we go where our pocketbook takes us. If that means it is a nice-inexpensive setting from China...or the USA...... so be it. Problem is, it is hard to get an inexpensive "NEW" setting from the USA. Is that jeweler willing to sell you the same setting for the price you got it for??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I am sorry that he was so rude to you!!
8.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 9:50:55 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Kelli... the issue lies more with the jeweler. He is probably ranting because you spent your money in China rather than spent it with him. If he is truly concerned about this, you would think he would be a bit more polite rather than making a potential NEW customer feel uneasy about there purchase elsewhere. His attitude is going to come back and bite him in the butt. Many people buy from overseas...... yes, we would all like to be able to buy a Leon Mege ring at an incredible price.....but at the end of the day... we go where our pocketbook takes us. If that means it is a nice-inexpensive setting from China...or the USA...... so be it. Problem is, it is hard to get an inexpensive ''NEW'' setting from the USA. Is that jeweler willing to sell you the same setting for the price you got it for??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I am sorry that he was so rude to you!!
8.gif
Thanks cushioncutnut! I looked into the things he said to me. He clearly was trying to make me feel like a terrible person. Yes there are terrible places overseas, and there are terrible places in the US too. But he doesn''t know any more than I do what the conditions are like where my setting was made. And to tell me I shouldn''t be supporting these "terrible factories" opens up a HUGE can of worms. I''m sure he never shops at Wal-Mart, or buys sneakers or sporting goods, or takes his family to Disney. Unfortunately, all of us pretty much support overseas factories on a daily basis. It''s depressing to know that there are places like that, but it was pretty rude of him to accuse me of supporting this kind of thing, as if I''d done it intentionally. I''m not even sure if there is a way to find out what the conditions are like there, but it wouldn''t even be a drop in the bucket to solving the world''s problems. Depressing as it is, there is not a whole lot I have power over. I will be thinking about that kind of thing more carefully now, but I know I can''t know the details on everything I choose to buy. Anyway............... Sorry to bring all this up. I was just really taken aback by being yelled at!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I just re-read my above post and it sounds as though I was saying that all overseas factories are bad. I know that''s not the case, and that''s not what I meant it to sound like. I was only talking about the kinds of factories that HE was talking about.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
I've been drooling over the LOGR halo (split shank with pears) for months now, but I've been so nervous to take the plunge because it' for my e-ring and I had concerns about the quality. FI considered having a jeweler make a custom version of the ring because I love the design so much, but they quoted him at over $1800 for a "similar" setting in 18k white gold with VS clarity. Um, no. I couldn't let him do that when LOGR has them going on ebay for under $300. We didn't realize he had an upgrade policy until I caught this thread. THANK YOU LADIES!!! FI e-mailed him and upgraded to VS and 18k. It should ship withing the next 10 days... We figured with the return policy we had to try, so cross your fingers!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it DancingFlame! I hope it turns out really nice for you. Is that you in your avatar? I dance too, well at least I used to. My sister and I have a studio together.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO worries hon.... there is no way we can truly know the work conditions of every place we buy something from. Most consumer goods are from overseas..........

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 8:32:35 AM
Author: dancingflame
I''ve been drooling over the LOGR halo (split shank with pears) for months now, but I''ve been so nervous to take the plunge because it'' for my e-ring and I had concerns about the quality. FI considered having a jeweler make a custom version of the ring because I love the design so much, but they quoted him at over $1800 for a ''similar'' setting in 18k white gold with VS clarity. Um, no. I couldn''t let him do that when LOGR has them going on ebay for under $300. We didn''t realize he had an upgrade policy until I caught this thread. THANK YOU LADIES!!! FI e-mailed him and upgraded to VS and 18k. It should ship withing the next 10 days... We figured with the return policy we had to try, so cross your fingers!!!

I hope you are thrilled with it. We want to see pics!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m starting to get pretty disappointed after hearing about everyone else''s issues with LOGR, and seeing the price increases.

It''s nice to know we have options - TL, if you get that round halo, I''d love to see pics of the undercarriage.
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I was lucky and won a 14K white gold halo with a bezel sometime before the price hike. I was totally amazed and was the only person to bid! Got the VS upgrade, and the diamonds look nice and well-matched.

When I took it to a local jeweler for inspection, she confirmed the diamonds were VS. I was planning on setting it and giving it to my MIL but it turned out the intended stone was too big. The auction stated 6-6.5mm; my BB Garnet is 6.9mm. I contemplated adding prongs to the setting so I could use the garnet but the jeweler quoted me $300 to do that. Since the setting was a bit over $200 I thought that was a little silly. So I'm planning to hold out for a stone tht will fit ::cry::

I can revert with pictures later if anyone is interested.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Love in Bloom---
I would love to see pics !! I just won one and was contemplating upgrading to VS stones. But I''m waiting for them to respond back ab price.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Kelli- it's my idol Sylvie Guillem. She's astounding.
Cushioncutnut- thanks, I'll let you know how it turns out.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2008 5:30:27 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

I was lucky and won a 14K white gold halo with a bezel sometime before the price hike. I was totally amazed and was the only person to bid! Got the VS upgrade, and the diamonds look nice and well-matched.

When I took it to a local jeweler for inspection, she confirmed the diamonds were VS. I was planning on setting it and giving it to my MIL but it turned out the intended stone was too big. The auction stated 6-6.5mm; my BB Garnet is 6.9mm. I contemplated adding prongs to the setting so I could use the garnet but the jeweler quoted me $300 to do that. Since the setting was a bit over $200 I thought that was a little silly. So I''m planning to hold out for a stone tht will fit ::cry::

I can revert with pictures later if anyone is interested.
We''re ALWAYS interested in pictures - please do!!
emteeth.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here goes:

CANNON700IS 278.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
side

CANNON700IS 279r.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Yup, those are scratches in the polish. It's not a big deal because it should polished after setting the center stone anwyay, but just thought I would mention it. Also there is some discoloration on the underside of the halo. Perhaps a repair or some scorched gold, though you wouldn't see that on your finger. Overall the shape is nice.

CANNON700IS 281.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
proportions

CANNON700IS 284.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
with the stone that does not fit
40.gif

CANNON700IS 293.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Very pretty!! Thank you for posting!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mochi
2.gif
. I was planning on gifting the ring, once set, to my mother-in-law...and the search for a stone continues!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous! I can tell your diamonds are VS compared to the SI1-- (more like I1) diamonds I received in my setting. Sigh, I should have upgraded. OH well, chalk that up to experience. ....and as I look at the picture with the stone......... It looks like it fits to me! The jeweler can''t "make it " fit??

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I got my ring today, will be starting a thread momentarily. Not all that pleased though. At a glance it looks beautiful, look a little closer and well.... I guess you get what you pay for. Details coming up in my thread.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 5:16:47 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
It is gorgeous! I can tell your diamonds are VS compared to the SI1-- (more like I1) diamonds I received in my setting. Sigh, I should have upgraded. OH well, chalk that up to experience. ....and as I look at the picture with the stone......... It looks like it fits to me! The jeweler can't 'make it ' fit??
LOL, that's the same question I asked! I think regular bezel settings can be 'stretched' but since this on is a halo'd bezel, she seemed hesitant. That's when I asked if she could add prongs. I'm beating myself up now because every effort I exert for my MIL becomes a difficult one. This, it seems, is no exception!
39.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 5:27:56 PM
I got my ring today, will be starting a thread momentarily. Not all that pleased though. At a glance it looks beautiful, look a little closer and well.... I guess you get what you pay for. Details coming up in my thread.
Kelli - I''m sorry you aren''t pleased...I think it looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results