shape
carat
color
clarity

pinkish brown and coffee brown stones set in logr and tacori mounts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my pink champagne diamond set in my Tacori style mount and they replaced the white gold prings with rose gold. The stone looks very copper in the setting. My camera keeps casting a shadow on the stone so it can't sparkle.

brownishpinkring1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another pic

brownishpinkring2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my LOGR with my chocolate diamond. I chose not to remove the prongs and it sits up high instead.

coffeelogr.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic of the profile of the ring.

coffeelogr2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another pic so you could compare mounts. You can see a little bit of the undergallery of the Tacori-style mount here.

logrcoffeepink2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
side by side

logrcoffeepink3.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love that chocolate/pink and/or copper diamond!

movie zombie

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love them!! They both turned out beautifully!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!

Hand shot - you have no idea how hard it is to get photos of stones with my camera without casting a shadow on them.

pinkhandshot.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more hand shot with a twinkle from the stone. It sparkles a heck of a lot more in person (this ring looks like a Christmas tree ornament in person).

pinkbrowntwinkle.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more of the LOGR chocolate with some sparkle. I like the contrast of the white against the brown.

choclatelogrhand.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Totally regal - I love them both!
30.gif

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both!!!!!! I am partial to browns, rose tones and greens, and they look so fabulous in white gold. The halos make your diamonds look so fancy. Well done! I would love to see more pics if you could.

Lisa

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! They are both lovely...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Great hand shots too! If they are that pretty in the pics I sure wish I could see them IRL!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
They both look really pretty and your posts on these stones and setting them has convinced me that someday I''m going to HAVE to get a brown/champagne colored diamond!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, the stone in the Tacori mount looks very coppery, but I can''t capture that with my stinky camera macro mode. I can''t wait to get outside on a sunny day to see it as well since it''s been raining since I''ve picked it up. I''ll try to get more shots in the sun when I get a chance. I have another champagne (a lighter brown with heavy yellow cast) coming in the mail, and I''m going to do a solid rose gold mount for that one if it''s nice enough. Soooo excited about getting that one, it''s almost a carat in size. The copper stone is only 52 points, and the brown is 82 points.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''ve turned out really well haven''t they? I''m guessing you''re thrilled?

Good luck trying to capture the sparkle and colour - it''s a nightmare!!!

Enjoy wearing both your new rings.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh they''re beautiful!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, I DID miss a bunch this week! They both look gorgeous!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know, the pinkish champagne looks more brown in the Tacori mount, and unset it looked more pink (everyone said it was pink, and now that it''s set, they''re saying it looks "brown."). I''m thinking maybe I should have gone with a completely rose gold setting for that. Ugh!! Every stone I put in that mount looks dark because the pavillion is closed off. I think I''m going to reset it. The prongs also look kind of bulky and that bugs me. I went to a different jeweler this time, and I''m not that pleased. They also should have replated the Tacori style mount in rhodium, it looks more grayish. However, I do love the brown in the LOGR. It sparkles like crazy and I like the contrast between the brown and the white.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this picture - sorry, just had to share one more.

brownlogronemore.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
What a treat, not one but TWO! Your new rings are so pretty Tourmaline_lover
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 10:59:16 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Thanks!

Hand shot - you have no idea how hard it is to get photos of stones with my camera without casting a shadow on them.

I love the color of this stone--brownish pink goodness!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies are really sweet, but now I''m thinking of resetting the pink in full pink gold. The stone looked way more pink out of the setting than it does now. I can stick another one of my diamonds in there, or wait to get a half carat OEC for that one (shouldn''t be too expensive). I''m pricing mounts right now.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So ladies, what is the verdict (don''t worry, you won''t hurt my feelings). Should I keep this in this mount, or get a full rose gold one?

browntacori.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another picture on top of my book on fancy colored diamonds! Ha!

Do you see how it goes from a rose color to a more brownish color. I don''t think it would do that as much in rose gold with a setting that didn''t close off the pavillion.

browntacori2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what the stone looked like unset (sitting next to a larger chocolate brown). I definitely see much more rose pink in this picture, or am I fooling myself and does it look the same in the mount? I absolutely adore my Tacori style mounting (even more than real Tacoris - it has better workmanship too), but I don't know if it does anything for this stone. It looks very coppery in the mount, but not as blush pink as it did unset.

rose_unset.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results