shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! Well, apparently reading comprehension is not my strength today, because I definitely thought this picture was the small + medium:
726a1659-c6da-43a2-a97e-7742e32072c5-jpeg.628582

But now I'm seeing that's two smalls - goodness, they vary hugely! Do you feel this photo is representative of the real-world difference between them?

This is the combination my eyes keep going to, which must be the same small + medium that @Miki Moto preferred!
e2592a0a-8a90-46e0-81ca-67cd86d615a7-jpeg.628581

By the way YG looks wonderful on your skin. If I recall correctly you had a RG ring for sale at one point? I see why you've gravitated to YG :cool2:

Yes Yes Yes!!! That is a medium. When I put it on I loved it and the contrast but then second guessed if that makes sense to get instead of the second small. So glad you like that one too. Both you and @Miki Moto have great taste! You know sometimes the SAs try and convince me to do something else. Lol. I’m like hmmmm. Let me walk away and think on it.

Yes a real life rep of the two small in the pic. I kept looking at it thinking I can’t buy this one if I go small. It would bug me. So she is bringing in more for me to look at. Mine is the bottom one in the above photos which leans more towards the fatter side.

In other colors they had closer versions. But mine still being a bit fatter I think. See below.

B15BE1CF-729C-4FA4-A25D-E9531DD0D97A.jpeg

Thank you so much! Yes switched to yellow gold because it just pops more against my skin. I had a short love affair with rose and well that’s how you learn what works. Costly but at least I know. Lol.

The medium band is actually rose gold in my pics FYI. The gold and rose gold are just slightly different in these bands. They are bringing in a yellow so I hope I love it and it has fat pearls.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the contrast of the small and medium. But I also like how you sandwiched the medium between two small perlee rings.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the contrast of the small and medium. But I also like how you sandwiched the medium between two small perlee rings.

Thank you. I think you ladies have helped me decide. Going back today. Wish me luck and fingers crossed that I don’t get confused with even more options...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I think you ladies have helped me decide. Going back today. Wish me luck and fingers crossed that I don’t get confused with even more options...
Tease! :devil::mrgreen2:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the 2 sizes together @hathalove Could you please post the height off the finger of the medium one? I can’t find that info anywhere on their site.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo Good Question! I’m a bad PSer and don’t own one of the measurement things so I can’t tell you exactly. The SA was shocked when I pulled out my loupe to examine the pearl shape and compare. Lol. It is higher off the finger than the small size. It might even be closer in height to my norah. I don’t have that ring on me so I can’t check. Not that that helps any since I don’t know my norah height either. :doh:Are you thinking of picking one up?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@hathalove - yes, I’m thinking of getting something towards the tail end of this year. So far, I’ve narrowed it down to either a perlee, a trinity or a large Single Stone Lara twist band (or hopefully something similar but cheaper!).

I’d like to start getting some mixed metals into my rings - my wedding set is all platinum but this would be for a right hand stack. So the trinity would have the advantage of being an easy starter piece for mixing, whereas the other two would need a matching yellow gold band in my wedding set if I git them in yellow, which means more spending!....

I could buy one in white metal, but I definitely love the Lara in yellow!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo You really can’t go wrong with any of them. I own the Trinity and are you talking about the Twist style that Tiffany makes too? Because I have considered the Tiffany and like it much more than the SS and it’s a lot cheaper if we are talking the same ring?
This one?
F32B5584-170F-4B4C-8222-BE3ADA301430.jpeg

Trinity is a good starter in that it ties in your left hand. I don’t think you have to do that though just because it has white metal. That’s me though. Do you not feel comfortable having one hand plat and the right hand with a YG ring? Honestly I would get whichever one is really calling your name. I do say out of the three the perlee just has something so special about it. I think it’s because in a weird way the light makes the pearls sparkle. Lol. I even had a person think I was wearing diamonds. Weird I know. Are you leaning more towards one than the others?

Here are the small trinity and my perlees stacked so you can see how they relate size wise. Maybe it will help.

3FA81332-B79D-4E78-A758-9A9FC2201103.jpeg AE257A6C-B0CB-4F1D-93AD-5A2237A0D374.jpeg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @hathalove, those pictures are so helpful!

Yes, I love the Tiffany twist too but they don’t seem to carry it in the UK, at least I can’t find it online. A trip to Bond Street may be necessary to see if they carry it in store!

I was definitely leaning towards a twist band in yellow gold, but you and @LLJsmom are definitely making me reconsider the Perlee as my preference. You’re right - it definitely looks to hold a lot of presence for a comparatively small band. Plus a mixed metal stack of Perlees at some point in the future would look amazing!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings look great!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo You really can’t go wrong with any of them. I own the Trinity and are you talking about the Twist style that Tiffany makes too? Because I have considered the Tiffany and like it much more than the SS and it’s a lot cheaper if we are talking the same ring?
This one?
F32B5584-170F-4B4C-8222-BE3ADA301430.jpeg

Trinity is a good starter in that it ties in your left hand. I don’t think you have to do that though just because it has white metal. That’s me though. Do you not feel comfortable having one hand plat and the right hand with a YG ring? Honestly I would get whichever one is really calling your name. I do say out of the three the perlee just has something so special about it. I think it’s because in a weird way the light makes the pearls sparkle. Lol. I even had a person think I was wearing diamonds. Weird I know. Are you leaning more towards one than the others?

Here are the small trinity and my perlees stacked so you can see how they relate size wise. Maybe it will help.

3FA81332-B79D-4E78-A758-9A9FC2201103.jpeg AE257A6C-B0CB-4F1D-93AD-5A2237A0D374.jpeg

@hathalove You are killing me!! I got tracking confirmation that my trinity will arrive tomorrow. I’m so excited, and I’m already dreaming of visiting the VCA Chicago boutique for a perlee to stack! :lol-2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing. Saw the new collections and they are gorgeous. These will become part of their regular collection.
Rose gold and gray mother of pearl
598700B5-020B-4ACC-942F-988676378E62.jpeg D93773F9-29C8-4307-BBB1-DFE15D0E757C.jpeg

White gold and onyx with diamonds.
5BD31AAE-6978-4002-A070-E549A839D4F9.jpeg F619DEDE-9EAB-4A9A-9C4C-2D322C4BD9BF.jpeg
I’m debating between all onyx or with diamonds. I’m leaning toward all onyx cause it’s more casual and I can wear it all the time. The diamonds makes it feel too dressy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing. Saw the new collections and they are gorgeous. These will become part of their regular collection.
598700B5-020B-4ACC-942F-988676378E62.jpeg D93773F9-29C8-4307-BBB1-DFE15D0E757C.jpeg

5BD31AAE-6978-4002-A070-E549A839D4F9.jpeg F619DEDE-9EAB-4A9A-9C4C-2D322C4BD9BF.jpeg
I’m debating between all onyx or with diamonds. I’m leaning toward all onyx cause it’s more casual and I can wear it all the time. The diamonds makes it feel too dressy.

Those are soooo gorgeous!!!! The wg/onyx would be vastly more wearable for me. The fact that one could get three regular vintage bracelets for the price of one with the two diamond stations would make me lean toward the all stone bracelets.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@hathalove - I’m a 5 on my right hand so it’s too large for me, but thanks for the heads up!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for posting, LLJsmom! I especially adore the rose gold with grey mother of pearl!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my 2nd VCA piece to this thread (as part of a special occasion gift from DH)!!! :dance: I'm completely mesmerized by my new Vintage Alhambra WG diamond earrings!

IMG_6197.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And @m-2-b does it again!! Honestly, is anyone surprised!? We all knew whatever you came up with next would be spectacular! You get credit for hubby's excellent taste, of course :halo:
:kiss2:... :geek2:... :cool2:... :mrgreen2:...

That is the set of dreams. How luxe... and you wear them so well!

How do you decide between your studs and your new earclips @m-2-b? Do you find yourself reaching for the full matching set often? :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ladies! ::) I'm slowly but surely building my little VCA collection!

@yssie --Can you believe I've been wearing my VCA pave earclips more than my studs recently?! I know, I know--blasphemy! You just can't beat the sparkle coming from all of those high colored melee, especially since the size is comparable to wearing my halo on each one of my earlobes! :sun:I will probably wear the complete set together for more dressy occasions!

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got more eye candy for those VCA addicts out there!

A few more of the 50th anniversary Alhambra bracelets:

IMG_0944.jpg IMG_0935.jpg

I wish @diamondseeker2006 was here to model these pieces for me!

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I prefer the WG pave/onyx bracelet on me better:

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on the PG perlee clovers bracelet as well:

IMG_0941.jpg

I'm adding it to my wish list (in WG, of course!) for the future! :cheeky:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The matching Vintage Alhambra ring would make the perfect RHR!

IMG_0923.jpg
IMG_0926.jpg

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, ladies! ::) I'm slowly but surely building my little VCA collection!

@yssie --Can you believe I've been wearing my VCA pave earclips more than my studs recently?! I know, I know--blasphemy! You just can't beat the sparkle coming from all of those high colored melee, especially since the size is comparable to wearing my halo on each one of my earlobes! :sun:I will probably wear the complete set together for more dressy occasions!

Congratulations... your pieces are lovely! I would wear your pieces for casual wear anytime... I think they would add a nice elegant casual chic look as Alhambra can be both casual and dressy.

If you are a VCA fan, The Purse Forum is another website that has a dedicated forum to VCA with many many TPFers (as they are called) modelling their gorgeous pieces. I think you might enjoy that forum also.

Congrats again on your VCA! They are beautiful!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a second rose gold Cartier love cuff pre-loved and took the plunge. Here is a pic from when I tried it on at the store last year.
90BDFC24-D31C-4CD4-BEC5-37812F2DC4BF.jpeg

I feel slightly silly getting two of the same color. My daughter goes, “what’s the point?” But I like the thickness of two and I love that stacked it’s such a clean bold look.

I have been looking at the pre-loved Cartier bracelets on-line again, inspired by you, LLJsmom. First Dibs always has some. I do not know what size I am and if I have to do a screwdriver thing, though. I have tiny wrists, as I believe you do. What do I do to get the correct bracelet. (Ultimately I would have to have two to achieve your look, too!)

I always thought I would wear yellow gold (or maybe rose). My last purchase and the only thing I ever put on anymore, though, is Elsa Peretti sterling silver mesh earrings and a matching mesh necklace. (I am hyper-aware of this because this weekend I wore them twice. I actually had two functions for which I dressed up in a little black dress and hose!) I am wondering if I should get white gold bracelets...maybe with diamonds. I hate those open "c"'s that look like holes on the Cartier bracelets. Gemstones or diamonds look nicer. :))

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Do you wear the open cuff or do you do the screwdriver? I am afraid I would lose an open cuff, but the screwdriver seems like a big deal. I would hate to be locked into my bracelet! If the open cuff feels secure, please let me know! I found sizing instructions!

This is a photo of an open cuff bracelet. I love this one. Would two of these look like two of yours or do you have to wear two that go all around the wrist?

CartierWhiteGoldOneDiamondCuff.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results