shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just heard news about the 50th anniversary pieces. Gray MOP will be included and a new stone, rock crystal is being introduced. I think that is code for quartz.

Ugh, I read that it's pave motifs alternating with gray MOP in pink gold. That will be out of my league but seriously gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If VCA is making gray MOP a part of their regular lines, they may at some point offer it without diamonds. I am very hopeful. I think it would be very interesting to see how VCA can make quartz beautiful. I am not a huge fan of the idea of the sevres porcelain pieces but I regret not getting a piece from the Place de Vendome when I was in Paris a couple of years ago.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question for you ladies. I discovered today that the finish on my new Elizabeth Locke earrings works with my VCA yg alhambra bracelet since the clovers have textured centers. Yay! I don't want to mix too many different styles, but I also don't want to have every piece I am wearing to be from the exact same line. So I am trying to determine what kind of yg pendant would be best to combine with these two things. Any ideas?

ElizabethLockeTurquoise.jpg VCA ygVintageAlhambraBracelet3 2016-03-08.jpg

I think a YG MOP vintage piece would be gorgeous. It is distinctive yet neutral enough to let Your turquoise earrings take center stage. I would even consider a magic size worn at 16 inches. I saw one available on true facet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a YG MOP vintage piece would be gorgeous. It is distinctive yet neutral enough to let Your turquoise earrings take center stage. I would even consider a magic size worn at 16 inches. I saw one available on true facet.

Hmm, I was thinking maybe the solid gold, but I'll have to think about the MOP. I would love to have the Magic MOP regardless!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t consider the rock crystal. I couldn’t do the porcelain, either. I’d greatly prefer lapis for royal blue.

I do love the pink gold and gray MOP and am very mad with myself that I didn’t buy the holiday one!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies, I have a question regarding VCA.

I am considering getting my mother a vintage alhambra pendant for daily wear. Knowing her, it's very likely she would forget to take it off and work out / hop in the shower with it from time to time. The gold alhambra is out (she doesn't like it), but she does like the MOP, carnelian and onyx.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As was pointed out to me in another thread, the MOP can not be exposed to water. Don't know about onyx or carnelian. I just got a VCA bracelet but in all rose gold, because like your mother, I'm the type that gets in the shower with my jewelry after exercise.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no way I'd shower in any of them. I'd consider only the solid gold would be acceptable, though. The MOP cannot be in water. I guess for me, I want to take care of a $4000 bracelet and enjoy it while keeping it in great condition to hand down, since it is an iconic piece of jewelry. I do keep on a small diamond pendant most all the time, and I do shower in that. But I'd never shower in any of my fine jewelry other than that.

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I agree with the others. You should not shower with VCA pieces that have stones in them. What will happen is the stones may change color or they will separate from their edges so you see a slight gap. Ironically, the VCA SAs say they see this often and it can easily be repaired. I think if mom forgets once in a while, it may be ok. But not as a regular habit.

That said, I have heard people comment in other forums they shower with their MOP on, never take it off, and have never have issues. For me, I take off all my jewelry.

So.... thinking... would I still get mom a MOP necklace? Yes... I would. I think it’s a beautiful piece and a lovely gift from you she will treasure. Jewelry is meant to be worn and I have dinged up pieces but I love them still.

I say get it. Mom will love it!
Hope this helps.

Edit: By the way, I am sure you will not do this, but I want to mention this in case... if you do get mom the VCA, I would suggest just casually mentioning to her to take it off when she showers but if she forgets every now and then it’s ok. Don’t freak her out. I made the mistake once of telling my mom how to take care of a piece and she was so worried she would ruin it, she never wore it. She said it was too precious to wear. Sigh. Big big regret. I would have gladly have mom wear it everyday, ruin it, and I would had gotten her another one. After that, I never told my mom about the value of anything or how to take care of it. I just said mom, it’s a nice piece.., wear it however you like. It is not about the piece. It is about the love for mom and for her to enjoy. Big lesson learned for me to not say anything next time.

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@doberman ,@diamondseeker2006 and @Miki Moto , thanks so much for your replies. I agree not taking a shower with jewelry like this is for the best, but she's not the type who would remember.

Thanks @Miki Moto for the advice - it really hit home since my mom is this way. She doesn't know anything about brands or the value of stuff, so she just uses it however she likes it. The moment she knows something is expensive, she doesn't use it anymore for fear of ruining it. The value of the piece is not in preserving something to be passed down, but in her enjoyment of it. I almost forgot about that part, so thank you!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no way I'd shower in any of them. I'd consider only the solid gold would be acceptable, though. The MOP cannot be in water. I guess for me, I want to take care of a $4000 bracelet and enjoy it while keeping it in great condition to hand down, since it is an iconic piece of jewelry.

I keep looking at my wrist and thinking "this was $4,000". Sort of blows my mind, but I wanted one piece of VCA, one piece of Cartier. And all my stuff is being passed down. My mother-in-law, who always knows just the right thing to say <rolleyes> told me "Doberman daughter is going to be so lucky when you die". Okayyyy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep looking at my wrist and thinking "this was $4,000". Sort of blows my mind, but I wanted one piece of VCA, one piece of Cartier. And all my stuff is being passed down. My mother-in-law, who always knows just the right thing to say <rolleyes> told me "Doberman daughter is going to be so lucky when you die". Okayyyy.

:lol: I avoid wearing such things around my in-laws, for pretty much this reason!

My collection will be small, too. I just want a few special classic, iconic pieces!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit: By the way, I am sure you will not do this, but I want to mention this in case... if you do get mom the VCA, I would suggest just casually mentioning to her to take it off when she showers but if she forgets every now and then it’s ok. Don’t freak her out. I made the mistake once of telling my mom how to take care of a piece and she was so worried she would ruin it, she never wore it. She said it was too precious to wear. Sigh. Big big regret. I would have gladly have mom wear it everyday, ruin it, and I would had gotten her another one. After that, I never told my mom about the value of anything or how to take care of it. I just said mom, it’s a nice piece.., wear it however you like. It is not about the piece. It is about the love for mom and for her to enjoy. Big lesson learned for me to not say anything next time.

This is such a sweet post ::)

My mother is exactly this way too. She’s sentimental to an extreme - even if a piece is insured, even if she knows I’d be happy to replace it without a second thought, it’s too precious to wear and possibly lose or greviously damage because a replacement wouldn’t be the one she was gifted... Pretty much everything anyone has ever given her sits pristine in the safe :(sad

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies, I have a question regarding VCA.

I am considering getting my mother a vintage alhambra pendant for daily wear. Knowing her, it's very likely she would forget to take it off and work out / hop in the shower with it from time to time. The gold alhambra is out (she doesn't like it), but she does like the MOP, carnelian and onyx.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
I got my mom the white gold with MOP pendant. She loves it and wears it everyday. She is super careful with all her jewelry so no issues with getting it wet. She appropriated my rose gold vintage bracelet. So now I am back to wearing my Love cuff. She didn’t think much of VCA at the beginning but she is fully into it now. And she wears my carnelian vintage pendant too. The only piece I get to wear regularly is my pave vintage pendant. Bottom line is I think she will love a vintage pendant. If she is fair I would choose a YG MOP or onyx. If she leans towards a darker skin tone, I would do carnelian. But honestly they are all beautiful. Maybe you want to wait until the holiday pendant? That reveal happens in October. Or wait until all the 50thh anniversary pieces are revealed which should happen by mid-May. My store won’t have it until May 10, but I understand some other boutiques have them already.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3BBE3E16-9D55-4DD7-B635-FD1D91D416F0.jpeg I’m not even safe reading the Sunday paper - I turned over the page and this beauty jumps out at me! The grey MOP looks so stunningly sultry.

And cheap as chips at £49,900, so thankfully my bank balance will remain safe!!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom ,thanks for letting me know about the holiday and 50th anniversary pendant. Will wait it out and see what catches her eye before we decide on what she wants! All this talk of VCA makes me want a piece for myself ;)2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do we think of Tiffany's new Paper Flowers collection? ::)
http://m.tiffany.com/collections/ti...word=Tiffany+Paper+Flowers&trackbgfm=cs&tfr=1

My first thought... they’re delightful :kiss2: airy, light, and sweet. No solemnity at all - which is obviously exactly as intended!

My second thought... I really like the collection, but I feel like you’d need to wear multiple pieces at once to capture the look and feel. One piece alone might demand too much focus, shoulder too much gravitas... but they’re all such eye-catching pieces - you’d have to be okay with being noticed to wear multiple! :bigsmile:

Miki Moto

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@yssie Hi! I was looking forward to this collection, but I'm a bit disappointed now to see the actual pieces. To me, it looks like VCA's Frivole. I prefer VCA much better. I love the symmetry of the "3-hearts" to make the Frivole petals.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look Frivole-esque! Though I think my initial reaction was that they were quite Cosmos-like.

I love the bee ring ::) and Tiffany pricing is such a nice surprise after “getting used to” VCA pricing :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I look forward to seeing the new Tiffany collection on Friday. I just might wear my Cartier Orchid ring.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3BBE3E16-9D55-4DD7-B635-FD1D91D416F0.jpeg I’m not even safe reading the Sunday paper - I turned over the page and this beauty jumps out at me! The grey MOP looks so stunningly sultry.

And cheap as chips at £49,900, so thankfully my bank balance will remain safe!!

Seriously gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, yes, that newspaper photo is out of this world gorgeous!

As to the new Tiffany line, I agree they are kind of close to VCA terrritory with those pieces. I like them, and I like the prices better, but I love the VCA floral pieces.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems like such an obvious knock-off of VCA. I like their keys much more.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I look forward to seeing the new Tiffany collection on Friday. I just might wear my Cartier Orchid ring.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon
Sharon did you already share pics of your Cartier orchid ring? I would love to see it if you don’t mind sharing. :whistle: :mrgreen2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies I have a scoop! Well, kinda, maybe. My darling SA got me arm shots of the bracelet. I was pretty sure about the onyx and WG. But now I wonder if I should wait and see if I would want the onyx and pave. It looks gorgeous in pics but it definitely has a different feel to it. I just want to wait a bit before I commit. Every time I decide on a piece, and buy it, a month or two later I find another piece I want more.
87E7574B-E606-4EF9-8BB9-F30B7ED88432.jpeg B43821FE-97C1-43E4-A433-D06E382E6D88.jpeg 95E504E5-865B-4547-8572-ECECB9A78AE1.jpeg
2C45CA90-455C-4A09-BD11-A3F02DE9FC43.jpeg
C2A9F196-31A8-4D2F-8FEF-D4A3A51275A1.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do we think of Tiffany's new Paper Flowers collection? ::)
http://m.tiffany.com/collections/ti...word=Tiffany+Paper+Flowers&trackbgfm=cs&tfr=1

My first thought... they’re delightful :kiss2: airy, light, and sweet. No solemnity at all - which is obviously exactly as intended!

My second thought... I really like the collection, but I feel like you’d need to wear multiple pieces at once to capture the look and feel. One piece alone might demand too much focus, shoulder too much gravitas... but they’re all such eye-catching pieces - you’d have to be okay with being noticed to wear multiple! :bigsmile:
It’s pretty. I like it but not sure enough to buy it. It reminds me of Cartier’s orchids. I actually like the last necklace at the bottom of the page.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies I have a scoop! Well, kinda, maybe. My darling SA got me arm shots of the bracelet. I was pretty sure about the onyx and WG. But now I wonder if I should wait and see if I would want the onyx and pave. It looks gorgeous in pics but it definitely has a different feel to it. I just want to wait a bit before I commit. Every time I decide on a piece, and buy it, a month or two later I find another piece I want more.
87E7574B-E606-4EF9-8BB9-F30B7ED88432.jpeg B43821FE-97C1-43E4-A433-D06E382E6D88.jpeg 95E504E5-865B-4547-8572-ECECB9A78AE1.jpeg
2C45CA90-455C-4A09-BD11-A3F02DE9FC43.jpeg
C2A9F196-31A8-4D2F-8FEF-D4A3A51275A1.jpeg

This is GORGEOUS!!!! The only think that will hinder me from buying it will be the price. But I think it is a fabulous piece!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that I like the VCA and Cartier orchids more than the Tiffany that is kind of a modern twist.

$13,000 makes the regular Alhambra bracelets seem almost cheap. I don't think I could spend that much when I could get 3 of the others for that price.

@LLJsmom Would the custom wg onyx bracelet cost more than it would if regular stock?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results