shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom Do you wear the open cuff or do you do the screwdriver? I am afraid I would lose an open cuff, but the screwdriver seems like a big deal. I would hate to be locked into my bracelet! If the open cuff feels secure, please let me know! I found sizing instructions!

This is a photo of an open cuff bracelet. I love this one. Would two of these look like two of yours or do you have to wear two that go all around the wrist?

CartierWhiteGoldOneDiamondCuff.png

@AGBF Hi! I wear a cuff. In the picture I am wearing two cuffs of the same size, one that I own and one at the store.

To be sure I would go to the Cartier store and try one or two on to see what you like best. Color, size and look. Or order from True Facet where you can return the bracelet if it isn’t what you want.

I am still not sure that a full Love would work with my lifestyle. I do really appreciate the ease of not being required to wear it 24/7 as I would for the full bracelet. I have never had a problem with the cuff falling off, except once when I slept with it at night. I can wear it all day but I don’t wear it doing cardio exercises.

To answer your question two of the white gold cuffs in the same size would give you the look in the pic you referenced.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF Hi! I wear a cuff. In the picture I am wearing two cuffs of the same size, one that I own and one at the store.

To be sure I would go to the Cartier store and try one or two on to see what you like best. Color, size and look. Or order from True Facet where you can return the bracelet if it isn’t what you want.

I am still not sure that a full Love would work with my lifestyle. I do really appreciate the ease of not being required to wear it 24/7 as I would for the full bracelet. I have never had a problem with the cuff falling off, except once when I slept with it at night. I can wear it all day but I don’t wear it doing cardio exercises.

To answer your question two of the white gold cuffs in the same size would give you the look in the pic you referenced.

Thank you so much, LLJsmom! I almost went off the deep end and bought this on impulse for $11,000, which I do not have! I would have had to scrounge under the sofa cushions for cash! The only thing that saved me (I got so excited that they had my exact size-16 cm-for only $11,000 for the 10 diamonds in the Love cuff on First Dibbs) was that there is a Buccellati white gold cuff with ten diamonds available for $12,000 and it doesn't need a screwdriver to get it on and off!!!

TenDiamondsInWhiteGold.jpg

Sharon-If you read this: there is a Buccellati on there!!! You know how much I love Buccellati! But I used to love only the yellow gold Buccellati!

Deb :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, LLJsmom! I almost went off the deep end and bought this on impulse for $11,000, which I do not have! I would have had to scrounge under the sofa cushions for cash! The only thing that saved me (I got so excited that they had my exact size-16 cm-for only $11,000 for the 10 diamonds in the Love cuff on First Dibbs) was that there is a Buccellati white gold cuff with ten diamonds available for $12,000 and it doesn't need a screwdriver to get it on and off!!!

TenDiamondsInWhiteGold.jpg

Sharon-If you read this: there is a Buccellati on there!!! You know how much I love Buccellati! But I used to love only the yellow gold Buccellati!

Deb :wavey:

For $11k, you can get two cuffs and have money left. I definitely recommend an option where you can wear for a test run for a while. Let us know how it goes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For $11k, you can get two cuffs and have money left. I definitely recommend an option where you can wear for a test run for a while. Let us know how it goes.

I have to find the closest Cartier store! I don't even have a clue where one is. I did find some Cartier jewelry boxes (is that what one calls the boxes jewelry from the store comes in?) a few days ago. My husband and I received two Cartier gifts for our wedding. One, at least, was stolen in a burglary that took place when we were first married. (They were a necklace and a small clock. I don't know if he still has the small clock.) But the boxes are quite nice! I kept them. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to find the closest Cartier store! I don't even have a clue where one is. I did find some Cartier jewelry boxes (is that what one calls the boxes jewelry from the store comes in?) a few days ago. My husband and I received two Cartier gifts for our wedding. One, at least, was stolen in a burglary that took place when we were first married. (They were a necklace and a small clock. I don't know if he still has the small clock.) But the boxes are quite nice! I kept them. :))

LLJsmom-

There is no Cartier boutique in my state. I would have to go into New York City or drive to Short Hills, New Jersey to get to one! So I looked up local jewelry stores that service Cartier watches to see if their websites mentioned any Cartier jewelry (even though Cartier did not list them as handling Cartier jewelry). One local store appeared to have estate Cartier, but look what else it has! No, it isn't Cartier. But it is is a hinged (no screwdriver) bangle. [My hair was raised by stories I read about screws loosening on the "new" version of the Love bracelets and getting lost on the old version of the Love bracelets. And of people losing their bracelets. And of how everyone was told to check their screws every two or three days. If I wanted something to monitor constantly I'd get another dog! At least the dog cuddles!]

https://www.betteridge.com/18k-white-gold-diamond-hinged-bangle/p/11628/

AGBF

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! How unusual to see a VCA turquoise butterfly ring! Good to hear fellows auction house is reputable. I signed up with them a while back and enjoy looking at the online catalog

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to visit Betteridge today to see their version of the Cartier Love bangle, but they were only open until 5:30 PM even though most stores are open late today because it is a Thursday. So I looked up Cartier cuffs in the hopes that another local jewelry store might have one I could see today. I had no luck, but I did see these Roberto Coin bracelets which I had not known existed. One of these might be as nice as two stacked Cartier Love cuffs (although different). The store that supposedly carried them did not have them in the store, so I couldn't see them there today (if at all). I also do not know if they only come in yellow gold or if they also come in white gold. Of course, I might be able to live with one in yellow gold. ;))

RobertoCoinSatinFinishBangleWithFleurDeLisDiamonds.png

Roberto Coin Satin Finish Bangle with Fleur de Lis Diamonds
RobertoCoinWideBangleWithFleurDeLisDiamonds.png
Roberto Coin Wide bangle with Fleur de Lis Diamonds

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone home? I want a few opinions!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone home? I want a few opinions!

With an intro like that... :bigsmile:

Edit - I hope it's not out of line, but I'm rather sad to see you selling your Perlee d'Or - it's beautiful in your thin Love stack :(sad

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With an intro like that... :bigsmile:

Edit - I hope it's not out of line, but I'm rather sad to see you selling your Perlee d'Or - it's beautiful in your thin Love stack :(sad

I was super sad too. Plus loosing that kind of $$ is not fun at all. But I bought it too small. I was so enthusiastic when I purchased it I over looked that there wasn’t a whole lot of give and that it did have a tighter fit than my loves. It’s a medium and when I moved to this ultra hot valley it wouldn’t budge. I can’t handle that. Was going to buy the large and it is super large so when I moved my arm it would get stuck in that awkward oval position. Like sticking up perpendicular. Am I making sense?

Already sold to one of my dearest friends!

I wanted help with its replacement from the PS fam but it’s already done. You all of course will think I’m nuts. Lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wish VCA did more personalized sizes with their bangles instead of S M L

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish VCA did more personalized sizes with their bangles instead of S M L

Definitely. I'm right between S and M in terms of comfort. SAs always seem to urge me to err smaller... which is the opposite of my predisposition - I'd rather it loose than tight for reasons exactly like yours!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely. I'm right between S and M in terms of comfort. SAs always seem to urge me to err smaller... which is the opposite of my predisposition - I'd rather it loose than tight for reasons exactly like yours!

Yes this was exactly the problem! I can’t recommend it only because it is so expensive. Too expensive to trial. I mean if you go too small you run my risk. Too big it might turn on you and that is extremely annoying. I honestly think for the price of their gorgoeus handmade bracelets they can and should make more sizes. If you are truly inbetween sizes my recommendation might be to pass. Their oval is also a slightly different shape than my loves and I found it more uncomfortable then the shape of my love. There was more up and down space rather than side to side space. It that makes any sense.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes this was exactly the problem! I can’t recommend it only because it is so expensive. Too expensive to trial. I mean if you go too small you run my risk. Too big it might turn on you and that is extremely annoying. I honestly think for the price of their gorgoeus handmade bracelets they can and should make more sizes. If you are truly inbetween sizes my recommendation might be to pass. Their oval is also a slightly different shape than my loves and I found it more uncomfortable then the shape of my love. There was more up and down space rather than side to side space. It that makes any sense.

I'm feeling this pain and am stuck with what to do! Thankfully I have time to decide but still...I want to get the Love and I'm torn between the original and the cuff. The thin version is just too skinny for me for my first one (but I'd love to get one in the future to stack!). I was previously told I was 17 in the original but I find that too tight and uncomfortable, but the 18 is big and flops around and hangs a little on my hand which I also don't like but I suppose I'd rather that than too tight bc I hate feeling confined or sweaty on my wrists. The cuff in 18 fits rather comfortably but I don't know if I could get over that it's not the original. :confused:;( ugh #firstworldproblems

@hathalove Don't keep us in suspense on your replacement!! What did you get?!?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm feeling this pain and am stuck with what to do! Thankfully I have time to decide but still...I want to get the Love and I'm torn between the original and the cuff. The thin version is just too skinny for me for my first one (but I'd love to get one in the future to stack!). I was previously told I was 17 in the original but I find that too tight and uncomfortable, but the 18 is big and flops around and hangs a little on my hand which I also don't like but I suppose I'd rather that than too tight bc I hate feeling confined or sweaty on my wrists. The cuff in 18 fits rather comfortably but I don't know if I could get over that it's not the original. :confused:;( ugh #firstworldproblems

@hathalove Don't keep us in suspense on your replacement!! What did you get?!?

At least Cartier provides more sizing options. I too fit the 17s and 18s but 17s were definitely too tight. I went with 18s and initially thought they were a little on the big size but now feel they are perfect. I did try the 19s and I could almost pull that off my hand without opening. I definitely urge you to try them all on again and all of the possible styles you are considering. I will say cuff was not for me but I am generally not a cuff person. I also don’t like when you turn your arm how the cuff grabs. I’m probably not making any sense.

What did I end up getting you ask? :kiss2:A classic love in yellow gold. I was going in for something else entirely but when I tried it on it was well...love. Lol.:whistle: SMH. Should have just done that in the first place. But dang that perlee was just so so pretty! I thought I could make it work!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least Cartier provides more sizing options. I too fit the 17s and 18s but 17s were definitely too tight. I went with 18s and initially thought they were a little on the big size but now feel they are perfect. I did try the 19s and I could almost pull that off my hand without opening. I definitely urge you to try them all on again and all of the possible styles you are considering. I will say cuff was not for me but I am generally not a cuff person. I also don’t like when you turn your arm how the cuff grabs. I’m probably not making any sense.

What did I end up getting you ask? :kiss2:A classic love in yellow gold. I was going in for something else entirely but when I tried it on it was well...love. Lol.:whistle: SMH. Should have just done that in the first place. But dang that perlee was just so so pretty! I thought I could make it work!

Good to know what you did, thanks! Everyone says you just get used to having it on but I'm skeptical haha I totally know what you mean by the cuff grabbing - the 18 doesn't do that to me in an uncomfortable way but the 17 does so I know exactly what you mean!

Ahhhh yessssss, pics pretty please to make my decision ever more difficult!!! :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove we really do need photos of your new classic!! :cool2::kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your perlee was majorly tempting to me, @hathalove!!! I've just got too many things on my wishlist!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good to know what you did, thanks! Everyone says you just get used to having it on but I'm skeptical haha I totally know what you mean by the cuff grabbing - the 18 doesn't do that to me in an uncomfortable way but the 17 does so I know exactly what you mean!

Ahhhh yessssss, pics pretty please to make my decision ever more difficult!!! :kiss2:

Yes the cuff did that to me no matter what size. I actually think it’s the shape of my wrist maybe and not necessarily the size in my case with the cuff. It is a really hard decision and you want to be sure. I am part of the everyone crowd in that I agree you get use to having it on all the time. No seams. No clasps. No nothing to catch on anything just so easy to wear. I feel this new one (the weight being added) but it’s just because it’s new. It’s already a feeling that is going away...

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your perlee was majorly tempting to me, @hathalove!!! I've just got too many things on my wishlist!
I almost messaged you! It really is such a beautiful bangle and definitely would have fit you no problem. Your wrists are much smaller than mine I do know that just based on your pics. I figured if you had room in your collection though you would message and I didn’t want to be an enabler especially since you have been doing such fabulous projects!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@hathalove Honestly, I want too many things!! I just did the Casa ring (which I intended to sell but like too much to sell!) and am now working on a pendant with Caysie to use my family .80 diamond. I seriously did think about it. I'll probably be sorry later. My wrist is about 6" and medium normally fits me perfectly. But I have not tried that exact bangle on, and I really, really need to go to NYC and try on everything I like before I buy anything else!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For sure @diamondseeker2006 I completely understand. That casa ring is so so pretty. I can’t believe how beautiful. VCA has so many beautiful pieces. I did try on a few of the chain bracelets too. Onyx caught my eye but I think it’s not for me (at this time). I also had a terrible experience at the VCA in SF Neiman Marcus. Terrible as in I will probably never go back there again and just purchase from my SA in LA or not at all.

Anyway how about some photos. Not the greatest pics but just giving you girls an idea. @yssie @ac117 @diamondseeker2006

Oh and I still don’t know how I want to wear them.
Big and little on one wrist and little on the other wrist?
Little little big all together?
Or
Little big little all together?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just over here swoooooning right now hathalove :kiss2::love: absolutely gorgeous!!! This is exactly what I want-a big and a little. And when I put them on together the other day, I felt like I could totally do the original in 18 so long as I had the narrow one as well to keep it put. I thought I'd have a preference with how you wear them, but they look amazing in every combination!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just over here swoooooning right now hathalove :kiss2::love: absolutely gorgeous!!! This is exactly what I want-a big and a little. And when I put them on together the other day, I felt like I could totally do the original in 18 so long as I had the narrow one as well to keep it put. I thought I'd have a preference with how you wear them, but they look amazing in every combination!

Thank you @ac117 I really have been enjoying them. Super lux yet casual and tons of smiles when I look down at them. I adore the look of one big one little you can’t go wrong with that. Are you a gram person? If you type in #daretodeclare you’ll get lots of inspiration photos of many different combinations.

What arm were you thinking? Just curious if it was your left or right? Do you wear a watch?

Oh and what colors? Same? Multi?

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
45201A9A-120A-4FDE-A384-981A4B5CED4A.jpeg

Oh my goodness! :cool2:

LOVE this stack @hathalove!! The mismatched widths and the decision to stick to one metal yields such an enviably casual, easy, no-nonsense elegance :kiss2:

I really, really like the look of all three together, two thins first! And I do like that wearing all three would create even wear patterns across the board, but that’s probably just my silly hangup :mrgreen2:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
45201A9A-120A-4FDE-A384-981A4B5CED4A.jpeg

Oh my goodness! :cool2:

LOVE this stack @hathalove!! The mismatched widths and the decision to stick to one metal yields such an enviably casual, easy, no-nonsense elegance :kiss2:

I really, really like the look of all three together, two thins first! And I do like that wearing all three would create even wear patterns across the board, but that’s probably just my silly hangup :mrgreen2:

Thank you @yssie that’s exactly the vibe I am going for! I appreciate the feedback. This is exactly how I initially tried on the classic with my thins and LOVED it. I did have a little hesitation and wondered if all three was “too much” together. Glad you don’t think so. Lol. I think my least favorite option is the thins on each side. A little too uniform and I am really going for a casual, easy and relaxed vibe. Messy almost except I don’t dare get different sizing since i wouldn’t want them jumping eachother. I admit I did try on different color combinations. Went in thinking I would want white but when I tried yellow once again I was sold! Something about yellow. Something about ALL yellow! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results