shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY for the SO WG+Onyx. I love my Onyx LE earrings and have been tempted to get something else onyx. Did you put in the order?

A turquoise butterfly pendant would be lovely, would be matchy-matchy with your turquoise bracelet.

Yup I committed. Not sure when it will arrive so I must learn not to do damage between now and delivery date. I am so proud of myself that I took the leap of faith to place a SO. I would layer the turquoise pendant with my WG vintage pendant.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I be quite rude and complain about something totally unrelated to anything in this thread... in this thread only because I'm confident the object of my complaint won't read it?

I think someone just accused me of lying about one of the pieces I currently have listed on LT. This person was diplomatic about his/her questioning of its authenticity, and (I hope) I was diplomatic in return, but... it's definitely got my goat tonight.

1. I literally cannot think of a time I've lied about anything here on PS... outside of the occasional overly-enthusiastic comment to newly-engaged-newbie in SMTB. In fact, I endeavour to be completely honest about everything I list for sale - great, good, bad, ugly, and a quick search of my listing history proves that pretty well, I think.
2. It's not a pricey piece - certainly not the sort of price point that'd be worth even thinking about damaging one's reputation over!
3. I'm... y'know... me? Been 'round here forever, well-known, well-regarded?

Bleargh. :roll2:

Okay, back on topic... :appl::appl::appl::appl:@LLJsmom!!!!! I think this might be PS's first VCA SO... please keep us posted re. the process and I can't WAIT to see it!!

Has it been approved already? Any idea at all how long it will take?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie, wow!!:o

I am sorry to hear that. It's certainly unwarranted. For anyone wanting to know, I've bought from Yssie before and everything was exactly as she'd described. And as Yssie said, she's a PS veteran. It'd be utterly silly for her to try anything like that. When I list something for sale, I am also rather hoping that my long experience here on PS would help instil confidence in buyers, as would be the case here with Yssie.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Phoenix. I realize I’m probably being unreasonably stodgy about this, but goodness, it rubbed me the wrong way. It isn’t a branded piece for which I don’t have paperwork or anything like that - it’s a generic item that happens to be missing a maker’s mark that the buyer apparently expected - but I really can’t think of any reason to believe that it should have been marked given that the vendor I bought from has no brand cache whatsoever... Shrug. I’m done complaining for real now! ::)

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really crummy @yssie and I would totally feel the same way. I haven't been on here nearly as long as you have but have always found your posts and listings to be super descriptive and honest - I'm truly baffled why someone would think otherwise :confused:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I can only :roll when I read that. Seriously. As I’ve gotten older I have become more convinced than ever than many people have questionable mental states. I know that is not a joking matter in the day and age. I’m sorry that you need to deal with the ramifications of someone else’s issue. I know that you are just fine. You have always been scrupulously honest and fair. It’s unfortunate that this other person is not aware of it for whatever reason. I hope it won’t steal too much of your energy. Let us know how to goes. Don’t feel badly about needing to vent to people who understand.

My bracelet will take about 5 months and they will
ship it to My SA. She will send it out to get shortened and then it will ship to me. I am going to get the second shortest length this time. At the shortest length I realized that with the flat motifs, the bracelet barely has any space for movement. At times it sticks to my arm. That is a little crazy tight even for me. My mom on the other hand loves it and wears it 24/7, which makes me so happy.:D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY for the SO WG+Onyx. I love my Onyx LE earrings and have been tempted to get something else onyx. Did you put in the order?

A turquoise butterfly pendant would be lovely, would be matchy-matchy with your turquoise bracelet.
Hi @Phoenix I wanted to say it’s great that you are well enough to post a bit again. I hope you keep getting better. I saw another poster also called Phoenix who is based In Singapore on the other forum and was wondering if that was you. I think she bought a gold and lapis piece. :twisted2:
I do have too many VCA pieces on my list. I don’t know why my brain keeps going there. I need a new hobby.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I missed this! I'm so excited for you, your special order sounds absolutely amazinggggg!!! The itch of a new piece just never seems to go away :lol:But I do think you should hold out for something truly special/something you absolutely know you'll wear before pulling the trigger. You are getting this wg/onyx 5 motif....would you stack with the 5 motif blue agate? If not, you'd have to choose between the two and would you rather have something else more wearable/stackable instead?

I'm on a bling restriction (#adulting ;() so I need to live vicariously through others so bling it on everyone!!!:lol:
@ac117 I wish I could be as carefree as some people are about stacking cause I love the look. Unfortunately I think I will be way too paranoid about scratching the onyx to stack it. I would love to be able to stack it with my watch. And I fantasize about having the skinny white perlee bangle but that MUST be a 2019 project. :wall: MUST STOP THINKING ABOUT FUTURE PROJECTS. Argh!!! And my turquoise pieces have not been set yet. :wall: MUST PRIORITIZE. :lol-2:

And OMG what if I really like the blue agate in November. Geez. I hope it’s not available in the Hong Kong store.

Why are you on ban island?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 I wish I could be as carefree as some people are about stacking cause I love the look. Unfortunately I think I will be way too paranoid about scratching the onyx to stack it. I would love to be able to stack it with my watch. And I fantasize about having the skinny white perlee bangle but that MUST be a 2019 project. :wall: MUST STOP THINKING ABOUT FUTURE PROJECTS. Argh!!! And my turquoise pieces have not been set yet. :wall: MUST PRIORITIZE. :lol-2:

And OMG what if I really like the blue agate in November. Geez. I hope it’s not available in the Hong Kong store.

Why are you on ban island?

Must keep current projects in mind!!! Hardest thing ever I know but it seems you won't stack - in this case instead of FOMO.....FOSB (fear of scratching bling)....actually, probably both since you don't want to miss out OR scratch bling :lol: I do love the blue agate, as well, but I want to know how it compares to the blue sevres porcelain that I've lusted for and would love to get it if I find myself in Paris since it's only available there!

Our new home and endless renovations are the reason for ban island....it's a very sad and lonely island and I really hate being on it but #adulting takes priority I guess....I am saving up for a purchase that will very likely be next year but I really think it will be the Cartier Love (unless I get distracted by something else!).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Phoenix I wanted to say it’s great that you are well enough to post a bit again. I hope you keep getting better. I saw another poster also called Phoenix who is based In Singapore on the other forum and was wondering if that was you. I think she bought a gold and lapis piece. :twisted2:
I do have too many VCA pieces on my list. I don’t know why my brain keeps going there. I need a new hobby.

Thank you, @LLJsmom. I am getting better, slowly but surely.

If it's the forum which I am thinking of, it is not me. There's at least another Phoenix, Phoenix H. I am Phoenix123 on there. I wish it'd been me, hehe. I love lapis!!

I know what you mean. My VCA wishlist includes the Perlee Clover bracelet in WG (this is prob my next purchase), the Magic Alhambra earrings, Frivole earrings and Flowerlace earrings. @Boom has made me yearn the Flowerlace earrings again. Also on my wishlist are the Cartier Love in WG pave and RG pave. It's never ending!!:rolleyes: lol!

Yay for putting in the SO. Can't wait to see your WG+Onyx Alhambra bracelet.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must keep current projects in mind!!! Hardest thing ever I know but it seems you won't stack - in this case instead of FOMO.....FOSB (fear of scratching bling)....actually, probably both since you don't want to miss out OR scratch bling :lol: I do love the blue agate, as well, but I want to know how it compares to the blue sevres porcelain that I've lusted for and would love to get it if I find myself in Paris since it's only available there!

Our new home and endless renovations are the reason for ban island....it's a very sad and lonely island and I really hate being on it but #adulting takes priority I guess....I am saving up for a purchase that will very likely be next year but I really think it will be the Cartier Love (unless I get distracted by something else!).
VCA sure does make blue hard to get. Yes I saw that larger blue serves porcelain pendant and that was sooooo lovely. I would probably succumb if I saw it IRL.
You’ve been very disciplined placing yourself on ban island. Home renovations are tough and pricey and you know that estimates are at least 25% short of the final cost. At least your home will be exactly as you want it when you’re done!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @kama_s Thank you so much. A picture would be fabulous! I would love to see them together. How do you like your perlee signature bracelet?

I’ll take some pics this afternoon! So excited about your SO!

I really liked my perlee bangle until I got my Love. I did not expect to love my Love as much as I do, and it’s all I wearmost days. The problem is that I got the perlee in L and it’s too big on me. It’s fine if I wear it on its own, as I wear it pretty high up. But with the Love stacked, the size difference makes it difficult to pair together. So sometimes I add my tennis bracelet in between the two.

But other than that, it’s such a beautiful bangle. It looks so feminine but has presence - which is a tricky thing to achieve. The shape I think I have lamented before as has @yssie I believe. I would try it on several times in the store and stack it with other pieces too, before committing.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree with the others @LLJsmom but I thought you meant that you were going to get an additional piece soon! And heck yes to the perlee d’or if that’s the case and the small fit perfect! Do it! Your special order will take a while and will be amazing when you get it but why not have another in the meantime. :kiss2:

Thank you so much @kama_s I am loving my stack truly. I wear them mostly like the two ways in the pics you responded too.

Okay ladies I’ve been obsessing over new earrings. Problem is I’m just not sure if I want to get diamond studs again or something from VCA or Tiffany.

I need easy wear and super comfortable stud like earrings. Something small that won’t be a big deal if I accidentally fall asleep in them.

I’m considering. The MOP sweets in yellow gold if they exist. I think I’ve seen onyx sweets size too? Correct me if I’m wrong. Also considering the yellow gold frivole studs and Tiffany has the olive leaf branch studs and climbers in yellow gold too. Hmm there are also the graffiti XXs from Tiffany I might put on the list. Several questions. Would I be making a mistake not getting studs again first? Do any of you enjoy wearing these kinds of earrings more than your diamond studs? Which are your favorite option out of the bunch? If you own them I would love to see photos.

@diamondseeker2006
@m-2-b @AGBF @LLJsmom
@Phoenix @yssie @ac117 @kama_s

Ahhh I could go on about earrings for hours because they are my number one obsession! I have the Medium yg Frivoles and they are hands down one of the most prettiest pieces of jewelry I own. I get compliments every single time I wear them. BUT, you can’t sleep with them on as they are not flat. And I also don’t consider them ‘everyday’. Do everyday, I would prefer doing the pave sweets. Or if you’re leaning more towards quasi diamond studs, then please please please try on the four stone Tiffany Victoria earrings. Super comfortable and they look so chic! They are constantly in my top 3 earrings rotation!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just added a new VCA piece to my collection! The Magic mixed 5-motif bracelet. I’ve been playing with different stacks and this one is my fav.

A7C37EB9-A7D0-4CFC-9608-5BDE4E3AFE9C.jpeg

I tried on the Frivole BtF and am lusting over this ring majorly:

F2074A35-DCF5-4917-8C98-83E37FA92B9D.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just added a new VCA piece to my collection! The Magic mixed 5-motif bracelet. I’ve been playing with different stacks and this one is my fav.

I am IN LOVE with the magic on you!! :kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::lickout::appl::dance::wavey:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GORGEOUS Kama!!! Looks amazing on you and I really love that combination too!! :kiss2::love:

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
So the truth is I did buy diamond studs (.92 BGDs) and wore them 24/7. Loved them and then I don’t know what insanity came over me but I sold them.

I did the same. I was so excited to get diamond studs but I was underwhelmed once I had them and returned them. I realized that because my ears lie very flat against my head I couldn't see the diamonds sparkle face up, so all I saw was the side of the setting. In addition, my piercings are not even, and they accentuated my one piercing that is a little out of place.

On the other hand, VCA sweets tend to lie flat against my ears and thus I can see them in the mirror and appreciate them. I haven't taken the plunge on VCA earrings yet but I think some will be in my future.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
I placed my order today. I feel like such a big girl with my first special order.

I'm so excited for you to get this bracelet! I can't wait to see it on you! I've been lusting after it as well.

I don't know what it is about VCA but their pieces make my heart pitter patter :)

Here's my little carnelian sweet bracelet, purchased earlier this year:

And my new Tank Solo. (not sure if watches belong in this thread)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
image.jpeg Hi All,
This post could not have popped up at a better time! My mom gave a 14k gold necklace and bracelet set that my dad bought for her in the Bahamas. She does not remember the designer or brand, but only knows that it was expensive and branded. May you experts can help me identify the brand or designer. I don't really care either way, it is a lovely set and I plan to wear it very soon.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited for you to get this bracelet! I can't wait to see it on you! I've been lusting after it as well.

I don't know what it is about VCA but their pieces make my heart pitter patter :)

Here's my little carnelian sweet bracelet, purchased earlier this year:

And my new Tank Solo. (not sure if watches belong in this thread)

I love your tank! And your bezels ering is so chic with it. Love the whole look! The sweet is just so cute!! It’s so pretty and just pops on you.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg Hi All,
This post could not have popped up at a better time! My mom gave a 14k gold necklace and bracelet set that my dad bought for her in the Bahamas. She does not remember the designer or brand, but only knows that it was expensive and branded. May you experts can help me identify the brand or designer. I don't really care either way, it is a lovely set and I plan to wear it very soon.
It is a beautiful set. Are there any markings on the clasp or anywhere on the underside of the piece? I don’t recognize it but I am hardly an expert.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll take some pics this afternoon! So excited about your SO!

I really liked my perlee bangle until I got my Love. I did not expect to love my Love as much as I do, and it’s all I wearmost days. The problem is that I got the perlee in L and it’s too big on me. It’s fine if I wear it on its own, as I wear it pretty high up. But with the Love stacked, the size difference makes it difficult to pair together. So sometimes I add my tennis bracelet in between the two.

But other than that, it’s such a beautiful bangle. It looks so feminine but has presence - which is a tricky thing to achieve. The shape I think I have lamented before as has @yssie I believe. I would try it on several times in the store and stack it with other pieces too, before committing.

Do you keep your full love on all the time? I have so wanted a full bangle for a long time. But wearing a hard bangle right now is hard because of some health issues with my arm.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you keep your full love on all the time? I have so wanted a full bangle for a long time. But wearing a hard bangle right now is hard because of some health issues with my arm.

I am the type of person who gets annoyed with most jewelry. I can only wear for a few hours and then I begin removing everything one by one. I take off everything the second I get home, hate sleeping with anything on (even the smallest of studs). Many days I wear ZERO bling, not even my engagement ring.

I saw the Love bangle almost a decade ago and immediately decided it was not for me due to this. Somehow I got sucked into getting one this year (I can’t believe I just said that, let’s be real - no arms are ever twisted for bling) and I absolutely LOVE it. It is so comfortable and easy to wear. I am surprised by the fact that it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. I have a wrist injury from volleyball and can’t wear most watches, so I was concerned about the bangle. But seriously, no issues whatsoever and it’s a joy to wear. I finally get the appeal of this bangle. Never understood why everyone was obsessed until now!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am IN LOVE with the magic on you!! :kiss2::love::kiss2::love::kiss2::lickout::appl::dance::wavey:

Thank you!! I’m so obsessed with it, I even wore it while grocery shopping today!

GORGEOUS Kama!!! Looks amazing on you and I really love that combination too!! :kiss2::love:

It’s such a great combination! I almost regret getting my all onyx vintage bracelet because this one is just so versatile!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, how are you? You mentioned some health issues. Was wondering how you were holding up.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, how are you? You mentioned some health issues. Was wondering how you were holding up.
I’m getting better slowly. It’s hard being patient, to keep up spirits and to think positively as I am sure you know. Thank you for asking. I can’t find your VCA listing on LT. Was trying to email you via LT. (((Hug)))

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: Absolutely amazing! I love this. It is beautiful and looks so perfect with the other two as well. I mean this trio is just so so special!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m getting better slowly. It’s hard being patient, to keep up spirits and to think positively as I am sure you know. Thank you for asking. I can’t find your VCA listing on LT. Was trying to email you via LT. (((Hug)))

Sorry to hear that you haven’t been feeling well @LLJsmom It’s nice to know you are slowly getting better. Blessings to you and your family!

To you and yours too @Phoenix. I have read a bit of your thread and have been wondering how you are doing. Hopefully a bit better. Nice to see you posting!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s such a great combination! I almost regret getting my all onyx vintage bracelet because this one is just so versatile!

Ummm happy to give your vintage a sweet home over here! :kiss2:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@LLJsmom , glad to hear you're getting better. Yes, it sucks being sick. It's been almost a year for me now. I totally get where you're coming from. I hope you'll continue to improve and will recover completely sooooon!!

Here's my VCA listing. I'd love to hear from you. Failing that, I think @diamondseeker2006 has my email address (hope you don't mind, DS, thank you).

https://loupetroop.com/account/listings/13845

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results