shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m getting better slowly. It’s hard being patient, to keep up spirits and to think positively as I am sure you know. Thank you for asking. I can’t find your VCA listing on LT. Was trying to email you via LT. (((Hug)))

Wishing you the best of health and a speedy recovery. Hugs!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: Absolutely amazing! I love this. It is beautiful and looks so perfect with the other two as well. I mean this trio is just so so special!

Thank you so much!!!!! I am loving it! I think I will end up selling the onyx vintage because I can’t think of a situation where I wouldn’t pick the magic over the vintage!

@LLJsmom , glad to hear you're getting better. Yes, it sucks being sick. It's been almost a year for me now. I totally get where you're coming from. I hope you'll continue to improve and will recover completely sooooon!!

Here's my VCA listing. I'd love to hear from you. Failing that, I think @diamondseeker2006 has my email address (hope you don't mind, DS, thank you).

https://loupetroop.com/account/listings/13845

I must have completely missed it, didnt realize you were ill. Being ill for a year is so rough. I really hope you’re on the mend. Hugs your way!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not realize that either you, Phoenix, or you, LLJsmom, had been ill. I am very sorry to hear it and sorry to have been unaware of it. I wish both of you a quick road to to recovery, although it sounds as if "quick" may be impossible at this point! Both of you appear to have been ill for a while. I hope that from here on in, recovery will be quick! :))

Hugs to both of you,
Deb/AGBF

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not realize that either you, Phoenix, or you, LLJsmom, had been ill. I am very sorry to hear it and sorry to have been unaware of it. I wish both of you a quick road to to recovery, although it sounds as if "quick" may be impossible at this point! Both of you appear to have been ill for a while. I hope that from here on in, recovery will be quick! :))

Hugs to both of you,
Deb/AGBF
Thank you Deb! I’m healing slowly. Trying to be patient with myself.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom , glad to hear you're getting better. Yes, it sucks being sick. It's been almost a year for me now. I totally get where you're coming from. I hope you'll continue to improve and will recover completely sooooon!!

Here's my VCA listing. I'd love to hear from you. Failing that, I think @diamondseeker2006 has my email address (hope you don't mind, DS, thank you).

https://loupetroop.com/account/listings/13845
Hi Phoenix,

I tried looking for the LT listing but it says it does not exist. ☹️

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Phoenix,

I tried looking for the LT listing but it says it does not exist. ☹️

Hmmm...ok, that's weird. Lemme create another one.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear fellow VCA addicts! lol

I'm lusting after the Magic pave Alhambra earrings. Which do you think look nicer? And in the pic of me "modelling" the earrings, the WG pave is on my right and the YG pave on my left.
Lien_17th August 2018_cropped.jpg

VCA_Magic pave Alhambra earrings.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm lusting after the Magic pave Alhambra earrings. Which do you think look nicer? And in the pic of me "modelling" the earrings, the WG pave is on my right and the YG pave on my left.

I love the WG version! :love: It looks bigger in the comparison photo as well!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just added a new VCA piece to my collection! The Magic mixed 5-motif bracelet. I’ve been playing with different stacks and this one is my fav.

A7C37EB9-A7D0-4CFC-9608-5BDE4E3AFE9C.jpeg

I tried on the Frivole BtF and am lusting over this ring majorly:

F2074A35-DCF5-4917-8C98-83E37FA92B9D.jpeg

Love that stack! :love: The Frivole BTF ring would be a great next purchase for you! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this Bulgari bracelet.
E25520B3-5BAE-4D83-960D-76E30B258E87.png

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix Here it is. The magic Alhambra earrings.

Wowza, thank you, @LLJsmom and Sharon.

I'll enquire with them. Only thing is though, they don't say they have the original papers from VCA. How does one authenticate them anyway...hmm...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh I see! I think I like the white gold more because it’s bigger. You can carry that off.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I see! I think I like the white gold more because it’s bigger. You can carry that off.

Everyone seems to like the WG ones better, even my friends IRL. I actually thought the YG ones look more proportionate on me.

I'll need to go try them on again and again and maybe again, lol...to be sure.

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza, thank you, @LLJsmom and Sharon.

I'll enquire with them. Only thing is though, they don't say they have the original papers from VCA. How does one authenticate them anyway...hmm...

It does say at the bottom @Phoenix - gemmolocical report and paperwork :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahhh, the wg Magic earring looks to be a different style than the yg. The yellow gold has the shiny metal dot in the center whereas the white gold is all pave. So now I can understand why the wg is a little larger. I do kind of like the design of the yg better, though.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, the wg Magic earring looks to be a different style than the yg. The yellow gold has the shiny metal dot in the center whereas the white gold is all pave. So now I can understand why the wg is a little larger. I do kind of like the design of the yg better, though.

I too prefer the design of the YG. It looks more "3-dimensional" even though it isn't. I am quite confused though, bc all my friends IRL prefer the WG ones. The WG ones also look more substantial, "better value for money" - if you can indeed say that VCA is VFM! lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I thought I was going to be the odd person out. But I actually like the yellow gold’s design and overall look better. Even on the ear @Phoenix there is a beautiful balanced look. I mean they are both gorgoeus but I would have probably chosen the yellow gold.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, I’ve seen these as rings before but not as earrings.

I really love the yellow gold, I like that the diamonds are bigger and it sparkles differently than the white gold. They look a bit more luxe. They do look proportional on you.

But you can’t go wrong with the WG either. I feel you can definitely carry that size well.
I'm lusting after the Magic pave Alhambra earrings. Which do you think look nicer? ]

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh! Regret makes this easy - studs, no question @hathalove!! :bigsmile::love:

Your lets-talk-branded-pieces (LTBP?) friends will even routinely poll your listings and send some virtual whacks your way if we see your studs for sale again, if you'd like :lol-2:

Haha! Just read thiso_O

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Just read thiso_O

Aww, shucks. That's when you write something after a couple glasses of wine and read it several days later and it sounds wayyy more creeper than you meant it to :geek2:

@kama_s OMG!! That bracelet was the one that made me fall in love with VCA - it's just... the epitome of feminine :kiss2: and it looks AMAZING with your Perlee and your line of ACA cherubs!!! :cool2:

Do you wear it regularly? What do you think of the drop and size of the charm motif - is it comfortable?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Belladora came back and this is what they said:

With regards to the price, we take great care to price all of our jewelry on our website at the best possible price and make sure they are listed for a fair price. We like to make sure all of our clients get the best possible price and, as such, our listed prices are our usually our final selling prices. These earrings are priced for approximately 77% of retail — we typically find that Van Cleef Alhambra pieces go for 80% or more of retail on the secondhand market.

For this item, we have an insurance appraisal from the London Jewelers, where these earrings were purchased. London Jewelers, if you are not familiar, is an authorized retailer of Van Cleef & Arpels and the insurance replacement estimate includes the VCA letterhead. I have attached a copy of the appraisal.

It looks like there is no original VCA paperwork. I'll have to pass. It's a shame, bc the discount is very decent. I have, however, replied to the vendor and ask if they can get a copy, particularly of the authenticity certificate which I know for sure you can easily obtain from VCA.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, @Phoenix. There is no excuse for listing a $20k pair of earrings without VCA authentification. I mean, really, people who buy VCA throw away their paperwork?????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results