shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
Hathalove, I Think the frivole earrings are beautiful. I do feel that the white gold MOP pieces she mentioned, or even the onyx magic, will look stunning and compliment her existing pieces better. It’s just an opinion, and not meant to be offensive in any way.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006
When I think of all your pieces, your antique-inspired Asscher ring and your CVB sapphire ring, etc. they all tell the story of a classic, elegant lady. In my humble opinion, the frivole items don’t fit into that story. Have you tried on the white gold MOP vintage bracelet or magic pendant? I think those pieces would go so well with your existing pieces and would be such classic staples. I’m lusting after the white gold MOP bracelet myself.

Oh, and happy Birthday!

Thank you! What a nice thing to say! Yes, I think I'd get a lot of wear out of the wg/MOP bracelet. I think I would wear it a lot in the summer. I would also consider one of the magic pendants. They don't make the long version in wg/MOP, I don't think, so it would have to be the shorter one. I am leaning towards the long onyx if I did get one soon. I see the Frivole yg earrings being worn with the all yg vintage Alhambra bracelet, if I got those. But I do have hesitation about getting much more yg since my main pieces are all in platinum.

Can’t a classy lady have a little flirty fun? I know DS isn’t wearing all those rings all the time if any of them from what I hear. Correct me if I’m wrong @diamondseeker2006.

Very true! I usually only wear a right hand ring when I am semi-dressed up. On a normal daily basis, I wear my wedding set, a pendant I keep on most of the time, and earrings. If I am going somewhere but still casual (like out to eat or something), I'll put on a bracelet, a different pair of earrings, and maybe a different pendant.

I really don't need an entire collection of VCA. I need to buy just a few pieces that I know I'll wear. The onyx and MOP I would wear, because the white would go with almost everything in the summer, and the black, year round.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 I can totally see you wearing this pendant. I think it would look and feel FABULOUS on you. Happy Birthday!!!

Thank you!!! If I got that pendant, then I'd be coveting your bracelet! :lol: I just would love to save that piece until I make it to NYC, but I am worried about them discontinuing those just like they did the bracelets. So it's taking a chance to wait.

I really don't need the MOP until next summer, so I might lean toward the onyx now. Hmmm.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! If I got that pendant, then I'd be coveting your bracelet! :lol: I just would love to save that piece until I make it to NYC, but I am worried about them discontinuing those just like they did the bracelets. So it's taking a chance to wait.

I really don't need the MOP until next summer, so I might lean toward the onyx now. Hmmm.

I would do the onyx pendant now and see if you really like onyx and WG, because who knows what they will do with that WG and onyx line. If you do, go for the bracelet next year. It's a SO anyway so there is no rush for that.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with the person who asked if someone at VCA is drunk. What on earth are they doing?

Sure, it’s nice to see prices on pieces we’ve been eyeing drop. But really, the first thought that comes to mind is “wow, glad I didn’t buy last month”... and do they really want to put the portion of their consumer base that actually fulfills purchases off fulfilling those purchases because their pieces might devalue next month?

Well - that’s rhetorical, VCA’s waffling speaks for itself - but I cannot think of a single sound business case for this.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hathalove, I Think the frivole earrings are beautiful. I do feel that the white gold MOP pieces she mentioned, or even the onyx magic, will look stunning and compliment her existing pieces better. It’s just an opinion, and not meant to be offensive in any way.

No not at all @omd21 I was just being playful. I wasn’t offended. I hope I didn’t sound that way. Just reminding us all it’s okay to step out of the box we put ourselves in every so often. That it can be refreshing at times. What do I know really....nothing! Lol

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After all that frivole and Alhambra talk I might be getting a JUC instead. They just released a thin version and well I’m actually loving the way it looks in photos. Think I need to try it out. Flip flop. :cool2::whistle:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After all that frivole and Alhambra talk I might be getting a JUC instead. They just released a thin version and well I’m actually loving the way it looks in photos. Think I need to try it out. Flip flop. :cool2::whistle:
I think the safe solution is to get both, and avoid all “what ifs” :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My understanding about the VCA pricing is that it has to do with the strong dollar. It was recently cheaper for people in the US to buy from Europe, so they are adjusting the pricing based on that. It's just what I heard so not 100% sure, but it makes perfect sense to me.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got an email from a resale website, letting me know that the turquoise butterfly was available again (on my wishlist). Looks like they have not adjusted for the new VCA prices. Maybe I should try to negotiate! ;)2

(Website was therealreal)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got an email from a resale website, letting me know that the turquoise butterfly was available again (on my wishlist). Looks like they have not adjusted for the new VCA prices. Maybe I should try to negotiate! ;)2

(Website was therealreal)

Never hurts to ask. I wonder if they would reduce much more? Do you have it on hold?

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have two wish list items ahead of my first VCA purchase, so no—not actively looking to buy just now! I plan to buy new in a boutique so that I can try different things on and really know that what I’m getting is what I want. Since I will buy buying a “base model” (lol), it’s not worth it to me to save $200 by buying pre-loved and have to sacrifice length, etc.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh took another stroll to the Cartier boutique earlier....:cry2: One thing I've learned is that when I continuously "visit" a particular piece, I'm serious about wanting it and it's not just a phase. Sigh. Counting down the months :lol: I'm still undecided about the classic vs. cuff especially bc I'd get the one diamond version of the cuff which is still less expensive than the classic! I also slightly prefer the fit of the cuff and the fact that it's removable but don't want to regret not getting the original since everyone says you get used to having it on. Any thoughts?

IMG_0743.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh took another stroll to the Cartier boutique earlier....:cry2: One thing I've learned is that when I continuously "visit" a particular piece, I'm serious about wanting it and it's not just a phase. Sigh. Counting down the months :lol: I'm still undecided about the classic vs. cuff especially bc I'd get the one diamond version of the cuff which is still less expensive than the classic! I also slightly prefer the fit of the cuff and the fact that it's removable but don't want to regret not getting the original since everyone says you get used to having it on. Any thoughts?

IMG_0743.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG

They look gorgoeus on you! So so good and with your ring too. Werk!

Now if you love the cuff get the cuff. I’m not impressed by the one diamond though. It’s not super noticeable. Maybe if it was alternating diamonds and screw motif. So not sure if the single tiny diamond sways me to the cuff. Especially with that beautiful ring of yours! I would probably choose between plain cuff and plain bangle. I already know I am a full bangle girl. What about your other bracelets? Do you wear cuffs or bangles in general?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What do you mean by the fit of the cuff? How does it fit differently? Besides the fact that it comes off more easily.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look gorgoeus on you! So so good and with your ring too. Werk!

Now if you love the cuff get the cuff. I’m not impressed by the one diamond though. It’s not super noticeable. Maybe if it was alternating diamonds and screw motif. So not sure if the single tiny diamond sways me to the cuff. Especially with that beautiful ring of yours! I would probably choose between plain cuff and plain bangle. I already know I am a full bangle girl. What about your other bracelets? Do you wear cuffs or bangles in general?
What do you mean by the fit of the cuff? How does it fit differently? Besides the fact that it comes off more easily.

Thank you and appreciate your thoughts!! :kiss2: So you're looking at the only other bracelet I have in the pic...my tennis bracelet which was a wedding gift from DH. I've never been into bracelets or anything on my wrist which is why I like being able to take them on and off. I've actually just sent off a platinum/diamond Edwardian brooch to be converted to a cuff and will sort of use that as my test once I get it back! While I hear your point about the diamond cuff, that little bit of sparkle sets it apart and the price difference is not that much so that's why I'm considering it.

The cuff is more oval than the classic so it actually gives me a better fit. The classic is a smidge too big (next size down too small) and falls a bit past my wrist onto my hand but the cuff in the same size falls right at the end of my wrist. I hope I explained that alright....I have a picture but I don't know if it's noticeable...both are size 18
CUFF:
IMG_0649.PNG
CLASSIC:
IMG_0650.JPG

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can see how it fits differently. The cuff being a bit more snug. I think you should get the cuff if that fit is better and feels better. If I am being honest though I know a ton of cuff wearers that wish they had gotten the bracelet since they never really took it off much. So if you are on the fence give it more time and thought.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay @ac117 I just looked in the mirror at my bracelets in the same position and my bangles do the same as your classic photo. I don’t think it’s a better or worse fit. I think that you either like a cuff style fit which has to be a bit more snug so it doesn’t fall off or you like the bangle fit which has more range of motion in general depending on the shape of your wrist and wrist fat?? and it can because it’s solid. Anyway I think you can go either way but it maybe that you are a cuff person. Testing out another style cuff won’t help to know if you’re a full bangle style person. Gotta try something that is full bangle style. Just my 10 cents. Lol

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see how it fits differently. The cuff being a bit more snug. I think you should get the cuff if that fit is better and feels better. If I am being honest though I know a ton of cuff wearers that wish they had gotten the bracelet since they never really took it off much. So if you are on the fence give it more time and thought.
Okay @ac117 I just looked in the mirror at my bracelets in the same position and my bangles do the same as your classic photo. I don’t think it’s a better or worse fit. I think that you either like a cuff style fit which has to be a bit more snug so it doesn’t fall off or you like the bangle fit which has more range of motion in general depending on the shape of your wrist and wrist fat?? and it can because it’s solid. Anyway I think you can go either way but it maybe that you are a cuff person. Testing out another style cuff won’t help to know if you’re a full bangle style person. Gotta try something that is full bangle style. Just my 10 cents. Lol

This is great feedback and the exact reason I started my search early! I still have time before I pull the trigger and want to be completely certain. Thanks for testing it out with your own loves! I have heard some people wish they would've just gone with the classic and I don't want to feel that way but need to make sure it will work in my life. I do generally prefer less range of motion but not tight. My wrist bone is the culprit of why I need a bigger size :cry2:

@LLJsmom - are you still loving your cuffs or do you wish you would've gone with the classic version?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is great feedback and the exact reason I started my search early! I still have time before I pull the trigger and want to be completely certain. Thanks for testing it out with your own loves! I have heard some people wish they would've just gone with the classic and I don't want to feel that way but need to make sure it will work in my life. I do generally prefer less range of motion but not tight. My wrist bone is the culprit of why I need a bigger size :cry2:

@LLJsmom - are you still loving your cuffs or do you wish you would've gone with the classic version?
I do "want" the classic because in my head, I want to be the girl that just wears it all the time and doesn't worry about scratching the bracelet. In reality, I am NOT that person so not being able to take it off every day would not work with my OCD. And, due to medical issues, I cannot wear my cuff on my right arm now. I can't wear anything that is heavy and solid like the cuff. (Didn't plan for that.) So I am very glad I didn't buy the full. At least I can wear the cuff on my left arm. However, for now, my left arm is reserved for my watch. And I cannot wear a cuff with a watch because I don't want to scuff up my cuff. And the watch takes priority as I want to be able to tell the time without pulling out my phone. So my cuff is stashed away. I am waiting for my soft VCA 5 motif which I can wear with my watch with no issues. Sorry that was such a long story just to say the cuff works for my life.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do "want" the classic because in my head, I want to be the girl that just wears it all the time and doesn't worry about scratching the bracelet. In reality, I am NOT that person so not being able to take it off every day would not work with my OCD. And, due to medical issues, I cannot wear my cuff on my right arm now. I can't wear anything that is heavy and solid like the cuff. (Didn't plan for that.) So I am very glad I didn't buy the full. At least I can wear the cuff on my left arm. However, for now, my left arm is reserved for my watch. And I cannot wear a cuff with a watch because I don't want to scuff up my cuff. And the watch takes priority as I want to be able to tell the time without pulling out my phone. So my cuff is stashed away. I am waiting for my soft VCA 5 motif which I can wear with my watch with no issues. Sorry that was such a long story just to say the cuff works for my life.

Thank you for chiming in! Im so sorry to hear about your medical issues and really hope you get better soon. I had also never thought about them interfering with any procedures/hospital visits so I’ll add that to the list of things to ponder lol

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I do "want" the classic because in my head, I want to be the girl that just wears it all the time and doesn't worry about scratching the bracelet. In reality, I am NOT that person so not being able to take it off every day would not work with my OCD.

I got my cuff for exactly this reason. Also having to screw and unscrew the full bracelet is too cumbersome for my lifestyle. I think you should purchase the one that is right for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 Wow, your diamond bracelet and rings look fabulous in those pictures with the bracelet!

m-2-b has the white gold Love cuff. Like LLJsmom, I would have to have the cuff as well. That smooth surface would get so scratched up worn 24/7 and it would drive me nuts. So if I wanted one, I'd choose the cuff! I like the diamond in it!

However, I love the VCA perlee bangle MUCH more, and that would be my personal choice over a Love bracelet.

SylviaF

Shiny_Rock
@ac117 I can see in your photos that the cuff sits better on your wrist. If I were to get a Love, I too would go for the cuff, as I’d like to be able to remove it with ease.

Your Ering and tennis bracelet steal the show though! They are so blingy!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 Wow, your diamond bracelet and rings look fabulous in those pictures with the bracelet!

m-2-b has the white gold Love cuff. Like LLJsmom, I would have to have the cuff as well. That smooth surface would get so scratched up worn 24/7 and it would drive me nuts. So if I wanted one, I'd choose the cuff! I like the diamond in it!

However, I love the VCA perlee bangle MUCH more, and that would be my personal choice over a Love bracelet.

Aw, thanks DS! The Cartier lighting is pretty flattering :kiss2: Appreciate your input...I sometimes get wrapped up in what people I know have but no one loves or thinks about jewelry like we (PSers) do so it's tough. Everyone around me has the classic and I so want to not care but I do. I am leaning towards the cuff with the diamond...I would also 'save' $1k!

I've tried on the VCA perlee and don't prefer the branding on the bracelet or the two different textures for daily wear. Since I'm really not a big bracelet person to begin with, it has to be something smooth, classic and easy access (which is partially why I'm not going with the 5 motif Alhambra at the moment).

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 I can see in your photos that the cuff sits better on your wrist. If I were to get a Love, I too would go for the cuff, as I’d like to be able to remove it with ease.

Your Ering and tennis bracelet steal the show though! They are so blingy!

You're too kind, thank you!! I'm leaning towards the cuff for the fit and removeability (not a real word but should be a PS word :lol:)!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117: As DS mentioned, I've owned the Cartier Love cuff w/ the single diamond for quite some time now. I don't wear it as much these days but do I like the option of being able to remove it easily.
IMG_8465.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 I 100% agree about not caring to have the VC signature visible on the bracelet!!! I forgot about that factor. Of course, ideally I'd like the bangle with the diamond clovers, BUT $$$$$!

It sounds like for your purposes, the cuff with the diamond is perfect!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results