shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think I missed this one boom

It''s a beauty- love that asscher.

bacchus

Rough_Rock
So here is my story. I''ve been dating my girlfriend for almost 3 years. The time was nearing for me to make the big purchase, so I had prodded around the edges enough to know she wanted an "antique" style ring. So I surfed the web for a while and happened upon Pricescope. After reading the website for days and days, I found myself magnetically drawn towards Leon Mege''s work. I found this exact forum and saw all of the amazing work Leon has done for all of you lucky ladies. Since my wonderful lady had mentioned that she liked square stones, I set off on my search for the center stone.

My boss''s daughter works for DeBeers (I know lucky me) and her boyfriend is a diamond cutter in Antweerp Belgium. I set him on a mission to find "the most beautiful 2 carat Radiant cut in the Northern Hemisphere." A few weeks later, I receive a frantic call from Frans where he tells me he has found a special radiant cut like no other. I have to wire the money immediately. He says its deep as the ocean with the most fantastic faceting that makes almost a floating holographic star appear within the stone. I''m sure he''s gassing me up, but he''s on my team so I take his word that he has something special. Half of my bonus later, the stone arrives!

The diamond is a 2.04ct Special Radiant Cut. VS2 clarity, H color. The girdle is especially deep, so unlike most American stones that are optimized for surface area, this stone brings a deepness to it that I have never seen. And guess what? There actually is an 8 pointed star floating right within the stone that spins as I turn it in the light!

Conveniently, Leon''s shop was just 3 blocks from my office. For those of you who haven''t been in his shop, he has this very medieval shopkeeper''s quality to it. Almost Knights of the Roundtable style. He''s a great guy with a great attitude. He marvelled at the stone. "You did not get this in America," he says. "No," I tell him. I give him the backstory, and he tells me that my lady will be a very lucky woman to have a stone like this.

We pour over photographs of his. I bring several printouts of pics off of Pricescope (thanks ladies). I find the perfect setting for this stone. One that has the antique feel that she wants, but allows the stone to shine in full grandeur. In typical Leon fashion, we go over every possible customization and tailor this ring to my wildest dreams (actually more like what I hope HER wildest dreams will be).

So that was the easy part. For the past 7 weeks I have waited by the phone. Leon happily gave me progress reports each time I called, and I became quite friendly with his assistant.

So yesterday, the day arrived. I walked to his shop with an extra pep in my step. When I got there, he tells me how lucky he felt to have worked with this diamond, and how brilliant it is in the light. I politely thank him for the compliments and nearly jump out of my seat when he hands me this ring. It''s amazing! I can''t even begin to tell you all how gorgeous this ring looks in person, so I''ll do the next best thing and post these three pictures.

Our big day is next weekend, so wish me luck. Thanks ladies in the Leon forum for convincing me about Leon - he was amazing. I know she''s gonna flip out when I ask her and she sees this ring. She has no clue its coming, so I will just have to stay calm for a few more days. Yay!

bacchus

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture from straight ahead. Leon''s pictures were pretty dark so I had to play with the lighting on the picture if its not perfect - probably my fault. If you look close you can see the star in the diamond...

Bacchusfrontsmall1.jpg

bacchus

Rough_Rock
And here it is from the side. The pic makes it kind of yellow looking but I think thats because I was the one who adjusted the picture in photoshop.

Bacchussidesmall1.jpg

bacchus

Rough_Rock
And here is the ring so you can see the work he did in the setting. So ladies, what do you think?

Bacchusbacksmall1.jpg

bacchus

Rough_Rock
Oh and it probably goes without saying, but if for some crazy reason one of her friends are reading this right now (highly unlikely but nonetheless possible and you would know who you are) - please shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This hasn''t happened yet and I''d like it to be a surprise. I just couldn''t wait to share this wonderful ring with people on this board since you''re where I got the idea!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
OMG that ring is absolutely breathtaking!!! Your girlfriend will be completely speechless when she sees this. That stone is amazing and the setting is another Leon masterpiece. You did real real good! Best of luck with your proposal and don't forget to come back here and post hand shots!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2006 6:10:36 PM
Author: bacchus

So ladies, what do you think?

Rhetorical question, right?
31.gif

Wonderful ring, of course.

I have seen this sort of cut before, but only colored - a couple of largish yellow and brown diamonds. Whether it is a wide girdle or super steep crown angles or both, I sure' like the resulting crystalline depth of the heavy crown.
9.gif
GIA insists to make a note about crown angles over 40 degrees... maybe this is why such proportions are not too common. Too bad. Allegedly these stones are difficult to set in setting off the rack, but obviously this didn't matter one bit here. Glad to see such a diamond pass by any day.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It is breathtaking!! You wouldn''t by chance be my boyfriend would you?
2.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!

That is one beautiful radiant. What a find.

I love the shank. I''m saving pics of this one!!

Please post hand shots when you can.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear God!!!! If your girlfriend says no, feel free to ask me. My husband won't mind! I'm a very good cook and I won't care if you want to go golfing 5 times a week!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Holy moly!
emdgust.gif
emsmilep.gif
emsmileo.gif
If by ANY chance she says no, after KristyDarling, I will be awaiting to hear from you!
emsmiled.gif
What a dazzler!
Simply lovely...don''t be surprised if all she says--when she can talk--is "OMG!" cuz that is a gorgeous piece of bling! Congrats!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, she''s going to absolutely flip. Ya done real good
36.gif

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I don''t even like radiants - and I would give my left arm for that ring. The stone is STUNNING! Leon''s work is amazing. Best of Luck with your proposal. How exciting to surprise her with that stunner. I am sure she will be thrilled. You done good!!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I don't normally like radiants, as a lot of them have that crushed glass look, but you have something out of the ordinary there!!

Congratulations..............

36.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
It is pure fabulousity!!!! Leon is the best. I know she''ll love it! congrats!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. She is one lucky girl.

Is the pave made up of single cut diamonds?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WHOA.
6.gif
6.gif
23.gif
23.gif
10.gif
10.gif
30.gif
30.gif

(p.s. LOVEY, hi!!
35.gif
Nice to see you. How''s YOUR Leon doing?!!)

bacchus

Rough_Rock
wow thanks everyone! if her response is half as nice as y''alls, then i''ll be all smiles. i''ll let you know how it goes and share some more pics soon.

pretty_n_pink

Rough_Rock
That ring is breathtaking! Where can I find it and the price?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing stone!! I would love to see more pictures of the star you''re talking about...actually more pictures in general!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Bump for all the beautiful recent LM additions.

I was also looking on the icemine section of PS and noticed a few LM's in there too. This one is gorgous.... (didn't attach properly!! - see next post for nice pics)

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
yummy!

LM montage.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love those pictures Just Looking. I also love this one because is so non-Leon like, but a Leon nontheless..

436x375.aspx

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
that radiant is to die for. wow..and I am not usually a big diamond fan, even.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mrs. Salvo! Here''s a few more...

Leonmege1.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2006 6:10:36 PM
Author: bacchus
And here is the ring so you can see the work he did in the setting. So ladies, what do you think?

can this ring please have its own thread? Plllllllease???? Most of the other lovely Meges have too, and this deserves all the attention it can get. I LOVE that diamond.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 8:24:22 AM
Author: mrssalvo
I love those pictures Just Looking. I also love this one because is so non-Leon like, but a Leon nonetheless..

436x375.aspx
This probably my favorite LM, it is clean, sleek and suits the stone it was made for perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results