shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege months of bad service and the 5.13 carat Pear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry that you had to go through this. I was following your other thread and wondering what had happened to your pear before you sold it to the jeweler since you didn't want to talk about it. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad your mother is better.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bgray|1383008601|3546469 said:
arkieb1|1383007452|3546460 said:
bgray|1383001143|3546389 said:
I am so sorry that you are dealing with him. Leon Mege is a sociopath. He is manipulative, vindictive, and petty, a misogynist--and a LIAR. If I tried to describe my interactions with him it would take so long and be so complicated that it would impossible to do effectively. He is truly bizarre and a low person.

I really think while we are getting it all out there you should describe some of your interactions with Leon!!!! That way people who read this can see it's not an isolated event there is a LONG and consistent history of people having colourful run-ins with him.

The thought exhausts me.................but I will come back later and try to do it succinctly. The irony is that after a first mediocre experience I tried to come back to use him and that blew up, then I tried again a third time (glutton for punishment at the alter of Leon) and because of the prior incident (I suppose) he behaved like a SOCIOPATH of the first order.

I sincerely hope that you do and anyone else will as well. We are all human, if it was a one off bad day we could all go yes, that happens, but there is a long and inexcusable pattern of unacceptable behaviour going on here. In my case the perceived magically mythical piece of jewellery (which I never did get) at the end of the rainbow wasn't worth the long and torturous pathway to get there....

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Arkieb1,

Wow, what a trip you've been on! I don't know you but that does not matter here: where there is smoke there is fire....enough said.

Nothing is more stressful than a parent nearly dying--so glad she is better now! Hang in there, & thank you for having the courage to share with us here.
sarahb

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im SOOOOO glad you decided to post this on here.

him posting your personal information on the internet like that is so :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Im glad people who come here now will see that its not just random people that post on here to make him look bad, but legitimate people with legitimate concerns.

Plus, how shameful that he would post your personal conversations about a sick mother on the internet. What a scum-bag thing to do

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gregchang, Sakura & Sarahb,

I am also relieve that my mother is now doing much better. The experience with Leon is not one I would care to repeat. I am still in shock that the guy thinks it is acceptable to cut and paste my words and private information on a public forum to further his own cause. I am not sure which parallel universe he lives in where he thinks his behaviour is justified and O.K. It is NOT O.K.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1383010699|3546493 said:
Im SOOOOO glad you decided to post this on here.

him posting your personal information on the internet like that is so :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Im glad people who come here now will see that its not just random people that post on here to make him look bad, but legitimate people with legitimate concerns.

Plus, how shameful that he would post your personal conversations about a sick mother on the internet. What a scum-bag thing to do

Hi Niel, I agree that is the point where I decided to post about Leon on here. Posting my personal information and cutting and pasting my emails out of context is indeed low and totally out of line..... But that is fine, I have a whole Inbox full of emails from him that I can post and they don't show him in anything other than a very dim light.

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
arkieb1 - I am SO glad to hear that your mother is doing better. Luckily and thankfully, that is the most important part to this story. BUT, awful, awful, AWFUL treatment and service by Leon. Thanks for sharing. The world of PriceScope and anyone else this story might reach, NEEDS to know about this.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just a friendly reminder that no matter how frustrating the experience, please keep the language family-friendly.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
meganmomma|1383013762|3546515 said:
arkieb1 - I am SO glad to hear that your mother is doing better. Luckily and thankfully, that is the most important part to this story. BUT, awful, awful, AWFUL treatment and service by Leon. Thanks for sharing. The world of PriceScope and anyone else this story might reach, NEEDS to know about this.

Thanks Meganmomma I totally agree. We only get one Mum in this lifetime and I am exceedingly grateful to still have her here with us. On the flipside of that to try and exploit my personal situation for whatever reason including manipulating my words to reply to a review after the event is unacceptable on every level.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1383014427|3546519 said:
Just a friendly reminder that no matter how frustrating the experience, please keep the language family-friendly.

Hi Ella, sorry - that WAS me being polite and respectful, but I will endeavour to keep it family friendly, even though my experience was anything but.... I know that Leon advertises on here, but I also have to right to give my account of what went on.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Arkieb, that is just awful. Best wishes for your moms ongoing recovery!

I went and found the review on yelp and marked it Useful. Hopefully if enough of us do it, it will come up as one of the first when people search for Leon on yelp.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks GemFever, good suggestion. Since my initial link to Yelp has been removed by the moderators for anyone else that wants to read it go to Yelp and look up Leon Mege reviews.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Sheesh oh boy. Glad I listened to my intuition and didn't go with him. The work looked great, everything else seemed loosey goosey and not buttoned up. Yay your Momma is on the mend! Hugs all around to your family for courage, perseverance and loving each other through it all.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
And then he and Perry complain when we warn people away from working with them.

Not surprised. Will be bookmarking this

Work with a better vendor. BGD and GOG are known for great customer service. Give one of them a\call. They'd be thrilled to help you.

Steven Kirsch and Victor Canera would be happy to help you too.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Arkie, we are in no way censoring your view of the occurrences. Just asking you and others to avoid swearing and namecalling, per our policies. As well as posting personal information on the forum, which is also against the policies.

Users are welcome to tell their stories, advertiser or not.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
backwardsandinheels|1383016943|3546547 said:
Sheesh oh boy. Glad I listened to my intuition and didn't go with him. The work looked great, everything else seemed loosey goosey and not buttoned up. Yay your Momma is on the mend! Hugs all around to your family for courage, perseverance and loving each other through it all.

Thanks I appreciate everyone's support.

canadagirl

Rough_Rock
GemFever|1383015243|3546528 said:
Arkieb, that is just awful. Best wishes for your moms ongoing recovery!

I went and found the review on yelp and marked it Useful. Hopefully if enough of us do it, it will come up as one of the first when people search for Leon on yelp.

Thanks for the suggestion - I just did the same thing! Hopefully, this helps someone else from becoming involved in such a negative situation!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1383017004|3546549 said:

Not surprised. Will be book marking this

Work with a better vendor. BGD and GOG are known for great customer service. Give one of them a help. They'd be thrilled to help you.

I'd also include WF in this group, many many thrilled customers here as well.
sarahb

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1383017004|3546549 said:

Not surprised. Will be book marking this

Work with a better vendor. BGD and GOG are known for great customer service. Give one of them a help. They'd be thrilled to help you.

Hi Gypsy, I have worked with Brian Gavin, Whiteflash, JBEG a number of times, the girls are always fabulous!!!! Mark Broumand was both kind and helpful as well and Victor, who is always wonderful..... Both Jon at GOG and Adam at OWD were exceedingly helpful too in my journey looking for an OEC, but I haven't worked with either of them as yet. I can't recommend any of these people more highly myself.

I agree with bgray there is this mythically exotic lure to working with Leon, you set out to get something you think will be better than anything else. Some people get wonderful pieces from him, there is no doubting that. But in my case (and I am sure in the case of others) it was not worth the stress, drama and months of bad service in order to attain this so called "grail". All I ended up with was massive amounts of stress and a sour taste in my mouth.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if I could do it all over again the stone would have gone either to Victor for a halo or to Mike in New Zealand, and I would have been happily wearing it by now. Anyway its O.K I have a big OEC and a couple of little projects so as far as bling goes I am happy....

Victor is currently working on something for me. He by comparison is a lovely lovely guy, he and the other vendors mentioned will be getting my work in future.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your mother, so glad to hear she is doing better. LM is appalling his behavior inexcusable and based on the experiences of PSers I would never consider working with him... Why work with someone you had to hold your breath with and the cost is so high.... :nono: so sad for your experience.

leoshraeder

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting this review of Leon Mege.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1383018619|3546559 said:
So sorry about your mother, so glad to hear she is doing better. LM is appalling his behavior inexcusable and based on the experiences of PSers I would never consider working with him... Why work with someone you had to hold your breath with and the cost is so high.... :nono: so sad for your experience.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and support!!!

Mayk - I think your comments are at the heart of the matter. We shell out wads of cash in order to hopefully have a high end piece of jewellery that we will love. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect that in return for this we get spoken to in a decent manner, that our ideas are listened to as opposed to being ignored, that our projects are completed in a timely manner to a standard that we are happy with. Getting hit and miss service, lots of negative attitude and extorted when things don't go the vendors way is not acceptable on any level regardless of real or imagined creative genius.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I am so appalled. I recommend him often but can no longer do so. I am so sorry you had to go through this!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
First of all, I'm so glad your mother is recovering. You must be so happy and relieved!

I've always loved Leon's work; I feel that as a designer he can do no wrong. I've always wanted something created by Leon's bench, but because of the reviews I've read and his unprofessional behavior (such as accusing GOG of peddling bogus vintage cushions), I have decided to admire his work from afar. Hearing your story is definitely another nail in the coffin for me-- I am definitely not tempted to work with him after reading this.

I am glad that the issue is resolved now-- what a relief! The whole situation is just appalling, truly.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rosebloom & Cygnet. You see that is what I don't get. I wasn't going to post anything on here about it. Over done. I put a succinct but honest review on Yelp and Leon has suddenly noticed it & felt the need to not only reply but cut and paste a part of one of my emails and put my personal details on a public forum, to try and paint a better picture of himself. That is beyond bad taste. Trashing GOG and Jon repeatedly and a number of other high end vendors who compete with him is also undignified and uncalled for.

In the past I have admired Leon's work as well, as I know many of you do. Having said that I would never recommend him to anyone period. You cannot run a business in your own narcissistic bubble, treat customers like they are beneath you, play by your own set of rules, go around bad mouthing your competition and anyone you don't agree with and expect them not to complain or notice.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
His Yelp response to you was incredibly inappropriate and unprofessional. I read the rest of his reviews and noticed that seems to be a pattern with him. Especially in response to one of the other negative reviews-- I read this and my jaw dropped: "We wish Eric and his fiancée a wonderful and happy life together. And please remember - a marriage license is a document. Read it before you sign it."

DAYUM. Turn that sass DOWN, it's outrageously unprofessional!

Unbelievable, really.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cygnet|1383021995|3546580 said:
His Yelp response to you was incredibly inappropriate and unprofessional. I read the rest of his reviews and noticed that seems to be a pattern with him. Especially in response to one of the other negative reviews-- I read this and my jaw dropped: "We wish Eric and his fiancée a wonderful and happy life together. And please remember - a marriage license is a document. Read it before you sign it."

DAYUM. Turn that sass DOWN, it's outrageously unprofessional!

Unbelievable, really.

You might notice that I didn't post his email responses before and after that email. The level of his rude sarcasm goes up several levels in those as well.... I am not sure what he is trying to achieve but it has backfired in my case because all it has done is made me more determined that no-one else should have to put up with his rude and childish behaviour.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I marked the review useful as well, how shameful of him. I am so sorry.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
arkieb, I don't know what to say. As my two year old daughter would say "WOW."

Just Wow. I can't believe someone who acts so unprofessionally is still in business. Really. I am so sorry you had to go through that.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It takes so much courage to post this Arkieb! I know you wanted to leave this all behind you and be very discreet about it. I am glad you decided to post to warn other PS-ers who want to do business with him. The way you have been treated is beyond imagination. It's completely unacceptable what you and many others have gone through.

Now that the word is out, I hope that you can leave this behind you soon. This has taken up so much anxiety and negative energy. I am happy that a much more professional designer is creating a beautiful home for your OEC right now.

Knowing how awful the e-mail conversation was with him, I admire you for the fact that you are still handling this in a discreet as you also could have used his endless list of unprofessional replies to you to make your point.

I just read his reply on Yelp and I was shocked to see that he quoted from an email you send him. I cannot describe how low this is for a professional.

I am so glad your mum is slowly recovering. That is the most inportant thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results