shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Delivery Day - and another major milestone.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Lookinagain :wavey: How did you hold up during the snow yesterday? Wasn't it DEPRESSING! Just when I'd really decided - this is it! - This is SPRING!....nope. I really *do* think, tho, that this cool weekend will be the last of it. I just refuse to accept any more days in the 40's!!

Hey there, @oncrutchesrightnow! Is your princess cut diamond on PS? I'm off to go find it! And I'm glad you came back. And I'm *particularly* glad that your knee is better. :))

@Daisys and Diamonds - Gary and I will have to have 'words' if he cuts down Mrs B before she does her flowering thing! And thank you for your well wishes and kind words. :wavey: <3

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Lookinagain :wavey: How did you hold up during the snow yesterday? Wasn't it DEPRESSING! Just when I'd really decided - this is it! - This is SPRING!....nope. I really *do* think, tho, that this cool weekend will be the last of it. I just refuse to accept any more days in the 40's!!

@mrs-b It certainly was depressing! One day I'm looking at my magnolia in full bloom and the next day everything is covered in snow. I was really hoping that we would skip the April snowfall this year. But I agree, I'm thinking this will be the end of the cold and more warm, sunny days are on the way!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But every bit as important, altho in a totally different way, was yesterday - my 3rd 6 monthly cancer check. It's now been 23 months since my diagnosis and 21 months since my surgery, and I've had 2 6 week check ups and now 3 6 monthly check ups. Every single one so far has given me those three most glorious letters in the entire universe for any person who has had cancer....

"N.E.D."

No evidence of disease.

Wow!!! THAT'S THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!! Makes everything in life shine!!!!
So happy for you!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you! When I got the antique cluster ring (and sold my solitaire in order to get it), I thought I'd never want another diamond ring. I do wear it all the time it for long periods of time, but then I remember that there are so many tiny prongs to look out for, and thoughts of a solitaire creep in. I do have lots of colored stone rings that I love, but the antique cluster can also be a right hand ring, right? I'm actually wanting a really simple solitaire (trying to decide how many prongs), like a flush setting so I can wear a simple band with it. But, of course, I want a beautiful stone in that solitaire, and I've found it. It'll be a while, though...I still have to raise some more funds! Layaway is interesting!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
But every bit as important, altho in a totally different way, was yesterday - my 3rd 6 monthly cancer check. It's now been 23 months since my diagnosis and 21 months since my surgery, and I've had 2 6 week check ups and now 3 6 monthly check ups. Every single one so far has given me those three most glorious letters in the entire universe for any person who has had cancer....

"N.E.D."

No evidence of disease.

My bracelet was given to me by my husband some years ago, and this week DKJ permanently attached the charm given to me by my closest friend in the US when I had my first ever NED diagnosis. Pearls mean long life and tears - and they're also my birth stone - so this precious, precious charm is representative of the life I've fought for despite so many tears, and the pearl that floats bravely through all the rough waves of life.

And it still makes me cry every time I look at it.

:))

(In the photo below you can see both the bracelet and my 'wedding ring'. They don't go, as such, but that's completely irrelevant!)

20210414_153928.jpg

Happy to hear all is well. NED news is always the best!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have the most exquisite taste! Seriously. I love all your pieces and each one is unique and beautifully done. Not too many jewel boxes I covet but yours is the exception. Those blue Akoya drops are unbelievably beautiful. The choice of mounting really sets them off. thank you for sharing.

Q

Queenie60

And lastly....

Earrings!

Last year (I think? The months are bleeding together....) I bought a pair of OECs from Ivy and Rose. They're around 1.5ctw, F colored, and eye clean. I absolutely love them! As well as wearing them alone, I also wore them with a lovely pair of Sea of Cortez pearls given to me by Yssie on my birthday last year. The pearls are grey with a beautiful pink undertone.

But recently, I've been one of many people who have developed a passion for blue pearls, and when this pair of large, blue, baroque akoya pearls popped up on PearlzAustralia's Instagram site, I snavelled them up quick smart! DKJ added posts and loops, and here we are - 10.3 - 10.4mm blue pearls with OEC diamonds. What can be better than that? Actually, perfectly round, sky blue, 10mm akoyas can be better than that, but I have it on the best authority (@molinePDG ) that I'll need 5 times the budget and a fair dose of patience till *they* become a reality in my jewelry box! So in the meantime, I have these more casual but equally adored beauties to enjoy.

20210414_155854.jpg

The color in these next 2 photos is VERY washed out due to very poor lighting - and they're *very* blurry for the same reason, but I'm including them for a sense of proportion. Keep in mind, I have the largest and longest earlobes in recorded history - but even on my ears, these have lovely presence. LOVE!! :kiss2:

20210414_160352.jpg

20210414_160016.jpg

And that's it!

I love these earrings! I'm a pearl girl - stunning @mrs-b

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much - @Rubies-R-Me :)) You're dead right when you say that it makes all of life shinier to have that kind of weight lifted off one's shoulders. Hard to be happy with that kind of worry hanging over one's head. Enjoying my jewelry these days with a greater sense of joie de vivre!

@Tourmaline - I won't even bother asking for info on your new dream stone, as I'm guessing you're playing your cards close to your chest till the appropriate time. But I am DYING to see where you go with this! And I have to say, a little show and tell thread on your colored gems would be no bad thing. To say noting of a cluster photo shoot! Just saying, if you had the time.... :mrgreen: Your pieces are stellar and it's always a treat to see them.

@Dmndsr4evr11 - I'm very grateful for all the support from all the folks here on PS. Thanks so much for your kind words. :wavey:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Tourmaline - I won't even bother asking for info on your new dream stone, as I'm guessing you're playing your cards close to your chest till the appropriate time. But I am DYING to see where you go with this! And I have to say, a little show and tell thread on your colored gems would be no bad thing. To say noting of a cluster photo shoot! Just saying, if you had the time.... :mrgreen: Your pieces are stellar and it's always a treat to see them.

Actually, I did a thread about the cluster ring.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @mrs-b . Your pieces always have meaning. We all love them that much more because of it. Cheers to you and many more NEDs in the coming years.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Love it all, congratulations on your clear results, Best wishes :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing news about NED, and gorgeous pieces as always:)

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Hello Mrs-b what beautiful pieces and so happy to hear that you’re in good health....may God bless you and keep you well =)2 your jewelry is always so inspirational!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @lambskin - I'm glad they make enjoyable perusing. :))

@Queenie60 - did you finish your cluster ring? I'd love to see some photos if you're happy to share! Your collection just gets better and better!

Hi @Tourmaline - I have definitely seen your cluster thread! I'm just greedy and want more photos! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

mjea

Shiny_Rock
NED!!! :appl:That’s wonderful news- all the congratulations to you and wishing you all the treats - jewel and otherwise delicious!! I so love all your current and former pieces and these are no exception. I especially love those pearl drops on you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom - thank you for your kind words. I have to say, I'd like my pieces sometimes to be a little less potentious and rather more self indulgent! It's true, tho - they *are* hugely significant to me, and represent some major milestones - these most recent pieces no less than any others. But enough about me...how are you enjoying your new three stone? Did it scratch the itch? Do you still love it? Is it a long term keeper? And I've been meaning to ask you - do you still have your OEC ring? I wasn't sure whether you moved on from it when you had your new one made. Either way - wonderful pieces and I'd love to see a few more pictures!

Thanks so much, @Monnyjay - especially for the good health wishes. :))

Thanks so much, @lovedogs - hopefully I'm pulling my collection together for a well-rounded finish. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there, @EllenS1! How are you? :wavey: Thank you for your kind words - after a very rough couple of years, health-wise, it's wonderful to have some good news! And thank you for the kind jewelry comments; I do love these new pieces. ::) Wishing you a very happy spring!

Thank you, @mjea! And I have to say, one look at your avatar, and I was off to find all threads and/or comments on that gorgeous cluster you're wearing in your avatar!! <slurrrrp!> Delicious! :bigsmile:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey there, @EllenS1! How are you? :wavey: Thank you for your kind words - after a very rough couple of years, health-wise, it's wonderful to have some good news! And thank you for the kind jewelry comments; I do love these new pieces. ::) Wishing you a very happy spring!

Thank you, @mjea! And I have to say, one look at your avatar, and I was off to find all threads and/or comments on that gorgeous cluster you're wearing in your avatar!! <slurrrrp!> Delicious! :bigsmile:

Thank you mrs-b! =)2 Enjoy spring and stay well always!!

mjea

Shiny_Rock

Thank you, @mrs-b!! It's here where some lovely PSers helped me make the decision to have it made by DKJ!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, I am super-late in seeing this post, but I just wanted to pop in to say that I absolutely adore your pieces, as always, and I love the sentimentality that they represent every bit as much. I hope they continue to bring you every happiness!

And I just want to shout "HOORAY!!" at the top of my lungs in recognition of your N.E.D. report! You are a force to be reckoned with and I admire the way you have navigated life's challenges over the years. But I also understand how trying the suspense can be between each surveillance checkup. You have come through everything with courage and grace, and I hope you receive only N.E.D. verdicts from here on out! Heartfelt congratulations to you, and huzzah!! :dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, @carbonfan - I love this little collection of things!

And thank you so much for joining in the NED celebration! It's a very good thing, and I hope for it always to be. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I decided to bring a little more oomph to my OEC studs. I had some halos added, made with 2 point ACAs that I wasn't using, had them pulled apart and used them around my OECs for a little extra sparkle. Very white and twinkly!

With pearl drops:

20220123_154517.jpg

Without the drops (roughly 2.1ctw and 9mm across):
20220123_154139.jpg

20220123_154517.jpg

Last edited:

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful. I love the versatility.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last shot that makes the comparison a little more clear. I also like the balance between pearl and diamond stud better with the halo added.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 7.43.40 PM.png

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Multitasking is the best!

cheers--Sharon

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
So I decided to bring a little more oomph to my OEC studs. I had some halos added, made with 2 point ACAs that I wasn't using, had them pulled apart and used them around my OECs for a little extra sparkle. Very white and twinkly!

With pearl drops:

20220123_154517.jpg

Without the drops (roughly 2.1ctw and 9mm across):
20220123_154139.jpg

20220123_154517.jpg

Gorgeous!!! I adore the halo!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
One last shot that makes the comparison a little more clear. I also like the balance between pearl and diamond stud better with the halo added.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 7.43.40 PM.png

I see exactly what you mean. I like the balance better too. Love your projects mrs-b! Love seeing what you are up to! And I want to add, I know you have mentioned wearing more casual jewelry most days, but I think a very luxe look looks sublime on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results