shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry Delivery Day - and another major milestone.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Especially elegant is this new iteration! It's lovely with the soft luminous sheen of the pearls. I also like the new proportions of the earring/halo as a whole.
Ooh, it's just fancy.:love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies! <3

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, feminine and very elegant @mrs-b just that tweak has made a world of difference :kiss2:.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful @mrs-b! I completely agree that the balance is absolutely spot on between the halo and the pearl drop. Yet another example of your exquisite eye for detail and proportion.

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
So I decided to bring a little more oomph to my OEC studs. I had some halos added, made with 2 point ACAs that I wasn't using, had them pulled apart and used them around my OECs for a little extra sparkle. Very white and twinkly!

With pearl drops:

20220123_154517.jpg

Without the drops (roughly 2.1ctw and 9mm across):
20220123_154139.jpg

20220123_154517.jpg

Perfect with the halo and pearls! Just perfect!!! Love them!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, @mrs-b: What a glittering glowing perfectly proportioned pair! Your eye for design is wonderful. I’m amazed at what you are able to accomplish with all that’s going on. Hugs and sparkles and hope.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Love the changes.. GREAT idea!!:appl:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how I missed this thread the first time. Absolutely gorgeous earrings, @mrs-b, especially with your coloring!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Sparkles88 - they're a very feminine look - which I like a lot!

Hi @Dandi! :wavey: I'm glad you like the balance. I think it adds something extra to the aesthetic, as well as some extra oomph. I think I'll get a lot of wear from them!

Thanks so much, @Tigerlilyrosepetal!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @bright & shiny! Jewelry can be a lovely distraction, and it's certainly playing that role in my life at the moment! These earrings definitely contribute. :))

Thank you, @Rubies-R-Me! I tend to take 2 attempts at virtually everything before I get it right - sometimes more! I think these have hit the mark at this point. Finally! I also have a few different pearl pair drops to go with them, so that's nice, too.

Awww - thank you, @rcjtraveler! That's very kind! :))

Thank you, @DorotheaBrooke - I love the soft sheen of pearls. While I do adore diamonds (and I DO mean 'adore'!) - it's nice to have something a little...more...calm, from time to time. And pearls go perfectly with cashmere cardigans, don't you think? :bigsmile:

Last edited:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @bright & shiny! Jewelry can be a lovely distraction, and it's certainly playing that role in my life at the moment! These earrings definitely contribute. :))

Thank you, @Rubies-R-Me! I tend to take 2 attempts at virtually everything before I get it right - sometimes more! I think these have hit the mark at this point. Finally! I also have a few different pearl pair drops to go with them, so that's nice, too.

Awww - thank you, @rcjtraveler! That's very kind! :))

Thank you, @DorotheaBrooke - I love the soft sheen of pearls. While I do adore diamonds (and I DO mean 'adore'!) - it's nice to have something a little...more...calm, from time to time. And pearls go perfectly with cashmere cardigans, don't you think? :bigsmile:

Pearls + cashmere = yummmmmmmm :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just when we thought they couldn't look any better - they do! Absolutely lovely :kiss2:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
One last shot that makes the comparison a little more clear. I also like the balance between pearl and diamond stud better with the halo added.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 7.43.40 PM.png

I can't.. I just CANT with those pearls <3 <3 <3

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just when we thought they couldn't look any better - they do! Absolutely lovely :kiss2:

Thank you so much, @Austina! I just felt they needed a tad more oomph. I think I was on the money; I'm much happier with them now - and I liked them to start with! I hope all is well with you. <3

@blingmeupscotty - I'd love to go all the way with pearls, but I think gem quality is probably outside what I'm willing to spend, given the way I treat my pearls. I'm very happy with the ones I have, tho. Their luster is closer to 'gem quality' than not, without getting particularly close to those illustrious levels. They're good enough for me, tho, and I get a lot of enjoyment. from them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture that writes the story ::)

1643167129565.png

I love this incarnation. The halo adds impact and elevates proportionality with the pearls - the combination looks very “high end”!

Congratulations! :love: I call this project a resounding success - a beautiful and well-deserved celebration piece :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Yssie. :)) I'm very happy with the way they turned out and their wearability. My sized earlobes tend to cut things down to size, so 9mm for the studs isn't overpowering at all, and even with the pearl drops added, they still have a nice day-to-evening feel about them.

As well as with these blue akoya baroques, I also wear them with the lovely pair of S of C pearls you sent me. Thank you again - I love them!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most perfect change. They were stunning before, but now they just have a bit more oomph & a lovely presence :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most perfect change. They were stunning before, but now they just have a bit more oomph & a lovely presence :kiss2:

Awwww - thank you, @Ally T! I really like them. They seem to have a bit more visual interest, but also look a bit more intentional. Just a better finish all around.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last shot that makes the comparison a little more clear. I also like the balance between pearl and diamond stud better with the halo added.

Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 7.43.40 PM.png

Seriously though, that halo does make all the difference in the world. Wow, the right combo of diamonds and pearls. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: I think it still looks very casual, I think because the drop is not long. It's like a stud with a dangle. Love it. Feels like very much daily wear. @mrs-b You are giving me ideas...

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly....

Earrings!

Last year (I think? The months are bleeding together....) I bought a pair of OECs from Ivy and Rose. They're around 1.5ctw, F colored, and eye clean. I absolutely love them! As well as wearing them alone, I also wore them with a lovely pair of Sea of Cortez pearls given to me by Yssie on my birthday last year. The pearls are grey with a beautiful pink undertone.

But recently, I've been one of many people who have developed a passion for blue pearls, and when this pair of large, blue, baroque akoya pearls popped up on PearlzAustralia's Instagram site, I snavelled them up quick smart! DKJ added posts and loops, and here we are - 10.3 - 10.4mm blue pearls with OEC diamonds. What can be better than that? Actually, perfectly round, sky blue, 10mm akoyas can be better than that, but I have it on the best authority (@molinePDG ) that I'll need 5 times the budget and a fair dose of patience till *they* become a reality in my jewelry box! So in the meantime, I have these more casual but equally adored beauties to enjoy.

20210414_155854.jpg

The color in these next 2 photos is VERY washed out due to very poor lighting - and they're *very* blurry for the same reason, but I'm including them for a sense of proportion. Keep in mind, I have the largest and longest earlobes in recorded history - but even on my ears, these have lovely presence. LOVE!! :kiss2:

20210414_160352.jpg

20210414_160016.jpg

And that's it!

They’re gorgeous

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, as always, perfection! Love, love, love, love them.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
So I decided to bring a little more oomph to my OEC studs. I had some halos added, made with 2 point ACAs that I wasn't using, had them pulled apart and used them around my OECs for a little extra sparkle. Very white and twinkly!

With pearl drops:

20220123_154517.jpg

Without the drops (roughly 2.1ctw and 9mm across):
20220123_154139.jpg

20220123_154517.jpg

Oh, gosh, @mrs-b, those are beautiful! :)):)):))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom - I agree - the shorter dangle makes it more day-time appropriate, tho they're still great for night time wear. My face is quite long, so a wider visual line at ear level balances out my face a little. I'd definitely recommend a short dangle - they take you anywhere!

Thanks @Ceilimom - I'm glad you like them!

Awww - thank you, @lambskin - I do my best! :))

Thank you, @Redwoods-hiker-girl - I'm really happy with how they turned out, and I think they'll get a lot of wear!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results