shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this really a beautiful diamond!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would not count NY out just yet. While I agree that many categories purchased directly from Mumbai are a few points cheaper than NYC, there are NY dealers who can and compete...and also that certain specialty stones just aren’t being cut in India.
Lucky for us in NYC there’s very large Indian firms with a strong: presence in NY which allows me to avoid having to do the importing myself.
Brothers cousins nephews run the divisions outside India and they make a small discount plus a smalll aditional margin added to the India price.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Brothers cousins nephews run the divisions outside India and they make a small discount plus a smalll aditional margin added to the India price.
Yes- that’s my experience as well. The guys in NY are generally working for the “Mahas” in India.
Frequently you get a bunch of young Indian guys living in an apartment somewhere in Queens pushing out huge amount of goods to the NY market.
But also pertinent that, in general I’m working with the FCD cutters - and they do operate a bit differently that cutters of colorless/ near colorless goods.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Threadjack: I just saw the ring in your avatar, @stonewell. I love it. Is there a thread on it on Pricescope? If so, would you, please, post a link? I'd like to read about it.

stonewellsring.jpg

Deb/AGBF

Hi @AGBF! :wavey:

Thanks, I don't have a separate thread, but I did make a post on it in the SMTB thread on the MMD forum... https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tory-grown-version.250831/page-7#post-4782894

HTH!

I need to vent. I texted my jeweler today for an update.
Him: I lost my phone all the info. What stone are you talking about?
me: the 2.9 E Si1 we discussed
Him: sorry. Send me a pic of the certificate
Me: so you forgot what we agreed on?
him: we ordered it. I wanted to confirm that it was the correct one.

Am I right to be concerned?

Gosh @nala, I'm catching up on the developments and can understand your frustration. But I'm glad to hear you're still on track to view it irl soon... I think the video you posted shows a lot of promise and it'll put it to bed once and for all. Can't wait to hear how your viewing goes!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
@nala I love following your upgrade and reset threads- just wondering if you’ve had a chance to see this diamond in person yet. Forgive me if I missed an update somewhere!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala I love following your upgrade and reset threads- just wondering if you’ve had a chance to see this diamond in person yet. Forgive me if I missed an update somewhere!

Ugh! No! It’s not here yet! I just texted my jeweler and he said customs is taking a long time...sigh

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh! No! It’s not here yet! I just texted my jeweler and he said customs is taking a long time...sigh

Oh wow! It’s not even state side? I hope that doesn’t make you feel more pressured to do the trade in.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! It’s not even state side? I hope that doesn’t make you feel more pressured to do the trade in.

Not at all. He has tons of customers who would probably purchase it. I’m no longer feeling pressured in that regard. If he ordered it, he must know he can sell it even if I don’t pull the trigger.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it came in yesterday! And when I compared it to my 2.52, I didn’t want to leave without it! My jeweler is so awesome that he set it in one of my settings so I could try it out! I can let him know for sure by Monday but I’m pretty sold! I have to say that my eye quickly adjusted to the color E and the size! Wtf!!! The sparkle and scintillation and fire reminds me a lot of my 2.52! I’ve been scrutinizing it for 24 hours and I am leaning towards keeper! Here are some pics in different lights!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright and beautiful and big. Love it! ❤️

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to add that my one regret is not setting it in a solitaire!!! I wish would have gotten to know it better solo style!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to add that my one regret is not setting it in a solitaire!!! I wish would have gotten to know it better solo style!

It would look gorgeous in a solitaire but I think it would feel/look small to you.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing. Icy white :love:

Would you believe me if I told you that My eyes quickly adjusted to the color? When I compared the 2 it was a stark difference but the longer I wear this one, the more I don’t realize the difference...I’m kind of struggling with that. Maybe I’m not color sensitive after all?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here is the setting that stole my heart! Feel free to talk me out of it! E4833665-4411-4E59-8DA2-B067B5A53ACA.jpeg 5BAAC7D9-B615-48BF-AA72-825DD441F717.jpeg

I think it’s a pretty setting but it looks much smaller. The band detracts from it imo. Whereas with the halo you have diamonds around the stone as well as the shank so it’s proportions work. Does that make sense?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a pretty setting but it looks much smaller. The band detracts from it imo. Whereas with the halo you have diamonds around the stone as well as the shank so it’s proportions work. Does that make sense?

Absolutely! It is quite a chunky band! I don’t know why I am crushing on it. Almost like I want a whole new makeover!
But thanks for dissuading me!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Would you believe me if I told you that My eyes quickly adjusted to the color? When I compared the 2 it was a stark difference but the longer I wear this one, the more I don’t realize the difference...I’m kind of struggling with that. Maybe I’m not color sensitive after all?

I think you could pull off warm diamonds too. I really like it the setting you fell in love with. It’s such a classic look.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! Glad you had your jeweller bring it in. It’s really stunning. =)2

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
So here is the setting that stole my heart! Feel free to talk me out of it! E4833665-4411-4E59-8DA2-B067B5A53ACA.jpeg 5BAAC7D9-B615-48BF-AA72-825DD441F717.jpeg

I actually really love this setting! No talking you out here!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this stone IRL! The arrows are chunky, which is something I really like. So happy you had your jeweler show it to you in person, and that he knows you so well.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you could pull off warm diamonds too. I really like it the setting you fell in love with. It’s such a classic look.

You are not helping my wallet! Lol. And yes. I’ve only had GiA I color diamonds for the most part or lately. I think that’s why my expectations for E were so high.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone! Glad you had your jeweller bring it in. It’s really stunning. =)2

Thank you! I’m so glad everyone on this post encouraged me to give it a chance! And yes! He does know me, after all!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this stone IRL! The arrows are chunky, which is something I really like. So happy you had your jeweler show it to you in person, and that he knows you so well.

Do you really??? That means a lot!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you really??? That means a lot!

Yeah....and I'm honestly surprised because from the numbers I was skeptical. The video was promising, but I was still convinced that IRL there would probably be some darkness under the table or some other issue. But this looks amazing in your pics! Huge congrats, I'm happy for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala the new stone does look very white and bright! I will say though that I think the best way to evaluate the stone would be in a holder without the influence of the settings. Did he give you the chance to view it that way before setting it?
When you say that in comparing the new stones are you saying that the color difference isn’t real evident to you? I may be reading it wrong - just asking for clarification.
The halo and the solitaire setting are both beautiful and I don’t know if I could choose between the two. I also know that you like to change them up frequently so not sure that I could point you in a definite direction on settings except to say that they are both beautiful. I would just like you to see and know the diamond by itself before considering a setting but from your pictures it looks beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results