shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Brittany and Kaili!

B, my bf and I met in Atlanta
30.gif
good memories there!!

K, do you love being with a musician? Kind of hot to have a future rock-star bf
11.gif
10.gif
9.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Blue!
Hee hee- yep, it is fun to have a musician as a boyfriend (as I''m sure your b/f loves having a movie star for a g/f
2.gif
). I believe in him so much, I can''t wait for the major label deal! He keeps turning down small indie labels- it would be soooo nice if they had some kind of corporate backing!

Anyway, thank goodness I have PS and you girls to obsess with while he obsesses over the music!
Thanks to you all!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Kaili, thank you....although "movie star" is a BIIIIG stretch, but I think he does like it in a way--he is so amazingly supportive. When I''m in a show he always comes to way more performances than he needs to, always is so encouraging and proud of me....it''s just nice to have him be so understanding of what I love even though he doesn''t do anything like it himself. He was so sweet and excited the first time he saw me onscreen
30.gif
. I LOVE going to plays with him b/c it''s so cute to talk to him afterwards when he asks lots of questions about the characters, etc....over our years together he''s really become very theatre-saavy... (In fact, aside from his love for shirts from Thomas Pink, his affinity for Broadway recordings is enough to make some people wonder if *THAT''S* why we''re not engaged yet
2.gif
) But I figure one gay bf is plenty...my real one is just vaguely metro
9.gif

(by the way, when did I get promoted to "cut rock" YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Kalli and Brittany! We are happy to see you!

I have my intro in the LIW thread, but I wanted to join the dark side.

Me: 24, Taking a year off after a Master''s degree
11.gif
. Med student starting September 2005
Him: 26, Electrical engineer

Dating: 8 3/4 years

How we met: High school. I had a crush on him for TWO years! He was the super athlete at our school so he dated all these gorgeous girls. He didn''t even know I existed. I tried all sorts of devious ways to get introduced to him, all which failed misreably. Then two months before he was going to graduate, he looked across the hall and thought I looked "cute". So he came up to me and introduced himself. I was in shocked! And then irritated because he seemed so confident that I would fall at his feet. So I blew him off completely. He says that it hurt his ego so he was really determined to get me. Little did he know
11.gif

Expected engagement date: April 2007 (or maybe earlier, depending how I feel)
9.gif

mouton.jpg

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Blueroses: Congrats on being a cut rock! Hee hee, I had to laugh when you said, "his affinity for Broadway recordings is enough to make some people wonder if *THAT''S* why we''re not engaged yet ." I love that you converted that tall manly man into a broadway loving boy!

Allycat: Thanks. I love your halloween pic! I''ve been reading your posts, and I''m glad everything is going well for you now!
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
K, thanks--it''s very funny. It was a gradual thing, but now he has satellite radio and he''ll listen to the "broadway''s best" channel and call me to sing along (badly) ... And I will say "Hi. I love you. you''re gay." And hang up
9.gif
It is cute though, and it''s nice to have that in common!

I know, I was way too excited to get bumped up to "cut rock"....it looks like Leonid made a wide sweep and promoted all the LIWs!!

Happy Sunday girls...looks like I''ll get on my flight tomorrow--it''s cold here, but the sun is shining and the city looks so pretty
21.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Hee hee, you guys are so cute, blue! Have a safe trip tomorrow! We''ll miss you while you are travelling!
9.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
BR - HAHAHAHHA! I love that little story about your BF calling you up to sing show tunes. Such a CA boy. :)

Leonid didn''t promote everyone, I''m still a lowly rough rock, but really I don''t deserve to be any higher, so I''m ok with that. :)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
ok, FINALLY posting one of the bf - and me - he''s a lil cold in the picture
32.gif

menoniem.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Erin, you guys are ADORABLE!!!! And I love that sweater on you--you look great in those vibrant colors
1.gif

BlueChica, I''m sure you''ll get bumped up soon
2.gif
I think it''s supposed to be after 75 posts but Leonid does it when he gets time (so I was after 400 posts!) The funny thing about my show-tune singing boy is that he''s the native New Yorker who fell in love with CA, and I''m the CA girl who is already missing NY (even though I''m still STUCK here w/ 2 cancelled flights!) But he has become a bit of a broadway groupie and it''s kind of hilarious.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
I second Blueroses Erin - that sweater looks great, and you and your BF are a cute couple. :)

BR - I almost moved to LA last year. Although I''m glad I didn''t, since I can''t do long-distance relationships, I WILL SO NOT miss the weather here. I''m fairly jealous of your move. If you ever want a house guest, let me know.
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Blueroses, I thought it went rough rock, ideal rock, THEN cut rock?
33.gif

You may have gotten more of a promotion than you thought!
9.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 25, 7th grade English teacher
Him: 25, civil engineer
Started dating: Sept. 4, 1998 (WOW! That seems like a REALLY long time!)
How you met: I was a sophmore and he was a freshman at Clemson Univ. in SC. We met the first week of school that year because we lived on the same hall. I say Sept. 4th is the day we started dating because we spent the whole night talking and then watched the sunrise together. We were an item from then on.
Expected engagement date: Hopefully within the next six months
Anything else you want to add?: About 2 and a half years ago, when we left college, we were going to be living apart while I was in grad school. At the time, we both expected that we would be engaged within a few months. Then I went through a major bout of confusion. I broke up with him, which was very painful for both of us. We were apart for about 6 months, during which I was with other people and he was not. We have had a long road back from that time. I decided to change "careers" and leave grad school. Rather than move back with my parents (very far away from him), I moved to New Jersey. I''m not sure we were ready to live together at that point, but we had to for financial reasons. He bought a house last year and we live there with our two dogs. Now, marriage is a tricky subject. Sometimes he openly talks about it and his plans for our future together. Other times he gets mad at me when I bring it up. Basically, he says before the break-up that he was 100% sure that we should be together forever, but now he is scared to feel that way again. I understand his new-found fear of commitment (since I created it!), but I am sure (never would move to NJ otherwise!) and I need to know that we have a solid future. So here I am, a Lady in Waiting!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
GG, I''m pretty sure that Ideal is the next step up AFTER Cut
1.gif
There''s a thread about this on Diamond Hangout that I stumbled onto yesterday....I guess Cut is more of a numerical bump and then Ideal is as Leonid sees fit, usually bestowed up on those who offer a lot to the discussion and provide a lot of helpful info, etc.....(so not to worry, Ideal is still up there...as you should be, for all you contribute to both PS and the LIW!!!!)
36.gif
36.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rough-rock-cut-rock-ideal-rock.23992/

(FF, welcome again--I''m sure he will come around and just loves you so much he is afraid to lose you again....but I''m sure it will be coming soon and that your stay on the LIST won''t be too long!!)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2005 2:31
6.gif
5 PM
Author: goldengirl
Blueroses, I thought it went rough rock, ideal rock, THEN cut rock?
33.gif

You may have gotten more of a promotion than you thought!
9.gif
hey guys...not to hijack the Introduce yourself thread, but there is a recent thread in the Diamond Hangout forum re: Rough Rock, Cut Rock, Ideal Rock. According to Leonid, you are a rough rock until make 75 posts, then you become a Cut Rock. To get Ideal Rock you have to make significant contributions. I don't know what that means, but if you are burning to know...check out the thread I mentioned.
emsmile.gif

ETA: Blueroses you beat me to it!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Onedrop, great minds......
2.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Me: A, 29 (only until April
7.gif
)
Him: G, 30
Started dating: December 2001
How you met: Mutual friend''s party -- I was about to leave, he stopped me to talk. We ended up leaving together (to separate apartments, tyvm), been together ever since.
Expected engagement date: Sometime this year, I HOPE!!!
Anything else you want to add?: It''s so nice to talk to people who are in the same position!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been debating this: whether or not to introduce myself since I am not an LIW. But I thought I would at least say a formal "HI" to everyone! You all are such a fun group of ladies that I''ve wanted to be part of the group even though I am not headed toward marriage at this point.

SO: Hello! Wish all of you the best in your LIW status (that is will change very soon) and if I can contribute every now and then that would be great!!
emsmile.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Erin- you guys are adorable, and I love the background!

Fatafelice- Welcome!

Ammayer- Welcome!

Onedrop- I''m glad you introduced yourself. As far as I''m concerned, if you''re not married, you''re a lady in waiting. AND if you are married... the more the merrier!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2005 12:12
6.gif
4 AM
Author: Kaili
Erin- you guys are adorable, and I love the background!

Fatafelice- Welcome!

Ammayer- Welcome!

Onedrop- I''m glad you introduced yourself. As far as I''m concerned, if you''re not married, you''re a lady in waiting. AND if you are married... the more the merrier!
Kaili: I am the former. You are right I am an LIW in one form or another. I feel welcome. THANKS!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thought I'd bump this to the top so we could get to know the new LIWs.
1.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Copying Lauren and re-bumping.

New ladies? Step right up!!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
I just realized I haven''t done this survey.....so sorry. Before I do, JCJD....I was thinking about you on your birthday! Happy Blated bday! Did you have a wonderful birthday?

Me: Seraya, 30, in flux position, basically sales & research analyst at the moment.
Him: Krish, 32, North American Product Manager
Started dating: January 17, 2003

How you met: Well, we met two times before we hit it off on the third time! A mutual friend arranged a co-ed two hand touch football game by the lake on a chilly Saturday afternoon in December. I had been out of town for 3 weeks on a business trip, just returned the night before and didn''t really want to attend, but a friend dragged me along. Arrived in the middle of game, didn''t really have an opportunity to chat with everyone. Same friend organized a potluck at her place afterwards. Everyone was there, we spoke briefly, but no sparks. A week or two later same friend organized a cocktail hour, we bumped into each other, chatted a bit (he was fresh off the boat from New Zealand by way of Malaysia), discussed our mutual love of New Zealand & how cool it would be to arrange a group biking tour in NZ. Nothing. Fast Forward to January 17th...same friend needed a sub on a kickball team, I was in town, said sure. He was there. In our drunken stupor after the games we sang "The Gambler" and "With or Without You" kareoke style. Hit if off, have been together ever since. Edit to add, he thought I was a lesbian when he first met me as I have a close friend that I hang out with all of the time...LOL. Silly boys! That''s ok....I thought he had afro hair...LOL. Not really, but it was the thick, bouncy kind. LOL.

Expected engagement date: Within the next two months, depending on finding the rock & timeline of custom setting. Although I technically said I wouldn''t date for more than two years, it''s just a matter of time & I know his intentions. We could of been engaged last April, but made the decision to purchase a home while the interest rates were low.

Additional Comments: Will try to scan & post pics this week-end. BTW, My screen name is based on the name of our minature schnauzer...Nooner! LOL. Nooner & his new female companion, Mini (also a mini schnauz) are our bastard children! LOL.

esperanza

Rough_Rock
Me: Kristi 21
Him: Warren 22
Starting date: Long story we picked the day he went with me to get my tatoo. It was really sweet, so December 3.
28.gif

Expected engagment date: Hopefully soon.
33.gif
but not soon enough
Anything else: My bf is the sweetest guy which is why I am soooo anxious to say yes. And he is unlike ANYONE else I know. He persued me more than anyother guy had. For our first Christmas/Anniversary he got me a build a bear..and he had put the nicklace that he got me around the bears neck. So I didn''t see it, but the jewelry box was on the bottom of the box that the bear came in. When I opened the little box there was nothing there and he pretended to freak out. I handed him the bear so that I could look in the box and he handed me the bear grinning, necklace exposed. It was a sweet sentiment. Like I said he is unique and I love the fact that he''s mine.
30.gif

esperanza

Rough_Rock
here is a picture of us hope it works
41.gif

0085T.JPG

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to all the new and new-ish ladies... we''re glad to have you here!
1.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 28, civil engineer
Him: 26, civil engineer
Started Dating: May 7, 2002
How We Met: co-workers; He told me later that on his first day at the office, when he met me he felt that special chemistry. As it turned out, we had A LOT in common. Months later he asked me out and we''ve been tight ever since!
Expected engagement date: hopefully sometime in 2005?
Anything else?: I have close family members who are also in civil engineering and related fields, and we have a good number of friends who are civil engineers or in related fields. Naturally, work related topics come up in conversations every once in a while, even at parties. The subject can get tiresome, like I can''t get away from work, but it''s usually not too bad. Also, it''s probably not a great idea to have that may anal-retentive people together at one time!
26.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Hello to all! I love reading your posts- what a great group!

Me: 36
Him: 30
Started Dating: Nov 2003- although I say Jan 1st is the "official" anniversary date, since I was casually dating Mr Wrong at the same time but dumped him for aNew Years date with my now-BF!
How We Met: We''ve been friends since ''95 and "hooked up" once or twice over the years (sorry Mom.) I was always crazy attracted to him, he played too cool and hard to get. Once I "got over him", dated other guys and enjoyed the role of just friends he started to see the light. The things he said and wrote to me when he finally decided we were meant to be together
30.gif
sigh, I still feel butterflies when I think about it!
Expected Engagement Date: This is a tough one, he''s been unemployed for a while, working on his writing and now going to school. This will be my second marriage and I know that a gorgeous ring is wonderful but doesn''t ensure future happiness. We''ve had the marriage talk, and would like to do a "planned elopement" in the fall of 2006. He doesn''t feel right in making the engagement official w/o a ring, and although I feel horrible admitting it (how materialistic!!!) neither do I! Let''s see what happens- has anyone ever heard of a bride-to-be buying her own ring?

Lady_EK

Rough_Rock
Me: Apes, 23
Him: Ron, 23
Started dating: May 1999 .. offically became bf/gf in August of 1999
How you met: Through a friend ..
Expected engagement date: who knows? *shrugs*
Anything else? I don''t know what else to write!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Buena Girl, FountainFairFax & Lady_EK! Please feel free to grab a beverage out of the refrigerator or the wine cabinet & make yourself at home! Hopefully your stay will be a short one. Either way, enjoy yourselves & the sanity the LIW threads bring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results