shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Me: M, 26
Him: B, 29
Started Dating: 11/03
How We Met: Well, we were both part of this club and we had a meeting in Boston in July 03. Neither of us were really into the club, but a mutual friend convinced us both to go. (The funny thing was that this mutual friend was like: Oh, don''t worry, he''s not your type AT ALL.) He was dating someone else at the time and so was I, so we met in Boston and talked the entire time, but then said our goodbyes. Well, we kept hanging out through mutual friends. Well, once when we were hanging out, he was complaining that he didn''t know how to program numbers into his cell phone and so I taught him...using my number. hehehehehe. Well, he started calling all the time, but we were still dating other people. [Sorry, this is getting long.] Well, we both knew there was a mutual attraction there, but I really wanted HIM to make the first move. So, I broke up with the guy I was dating and he called me and told me that he had broken up with the girl he had been dating. I mentioned that I was planning on painting my apt the next weekend. He asked me if I wanted help. (He must have had a big crush too -- painting is AWFUL!!!!) Well, we had a great time and after we were done painting, we watched a movie and he ended up kissing me. And after he did, I said: What took you so long? (WHY do I talk sometimes?!?!?!) And we''ve been together ever since.... I guess he WAS my type afterall!! :)

Expected Engagement: WELLLLLL, it took him 5 mos. to make a move before we started dating. Maybe sometime in the next decade?!?!?
33.gif
ACTUALLY. He''s leaving for grad school in Aug. and wants me to move with him and I''ve told him that I need a major commitment (proposal) from him before I move across the country. I checked my horoscope (not that I believe in that stuff, but it''s still fun and gives me some hope MAYBE?!) I think MAYBE?!?!? towards the end of May.... I just hope it''s before Aug! Eeeek!

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
JCJD - A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!
emcake.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday JCJD!!!

jennyt

Rough_Rock
Me: Jen, 24-work in a nonprofit and in a MPA program
Him: Stephen, 23-works in a nonprofit and is in a Masters in Counseling program
Started Dating: 2/99
How We Met: High school...;-)
Expected Engagement:???:??? I''ll keep you posted!

I need to find a pic of us somewhere...

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Annie, 22, first year medical student in Houston, TX
Him: Rich, 27, PhD student (in Physics) in Waco, TX
Started Dating: June 4, 2003
How We Met: I''m originally from Texas, and I went to college at Baylor University. Rich, however, is a transplanted Texan: he is originally from the United Kingdom, and has been in Texas for 2.5 years now, getting his PhD in Physics at Baylor. (And yes, he has that SEXY British accent
2.gif
!!) Anyway, being a pre-med student, I had to take physics; Rich, as a PhD student studying physics, had to teach physics labs. Luckily, I ended up being in Rich''s physics lab class, and the rest is history! And don''t worry, we didn''t start dating until AFTER grades were posted.
2.gif

Expected Engagement: this summer, probably in July, unless he has something up his sleeve!
Wedding Date: May 2007, the weekend after he graduates with his PhD, so that when they introduce us as a married couple for the first time, they can say "Dr. and Mrs."
1.gif

Anything Else?: I''m a newbie LIW, but I can''t wait to get to know all of you!!!
1.gif

P1010041.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Welcome HOUMed!! Make sure to post on the official list thread so that our famous GoldenGirl can add you to THE LIST!!!

1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday JCJD!!!!! I'm sorry i didn't see this earlier.. Stupid working 13 hour days. I miss all the fun!!

Umm Ginger.. Your soon to be fiance is A HOTTIE! (and you're not so shabby yourself!) You're just two BEAUTIFUL people.. AND SMART too! What great genes your children will have!

Tybee - So nice to finally see a pic of you! What a cute couple you guys make!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ugggghhhh ladies today was a BEAR so it''s the first chance I''ve had to pop on...
39.gif

ginger, first pic we''ve seen of you, you''re quite the looker aren''t you!!
36.gif

Happy B-day JC!! This time next year you''ll be an old married woman!
31.gif

HOUMedGal, welcome, but I''m not adding ya to the list ''less ya post up to the list thread!!
2.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Welcome HouMed...you and your man are stunning! I love that Ginger and I have another H-town girl!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Me: K, 25, graphic designer
Him: D, 25, computer engineer
Started Dating: Jan. 26, 2001
How We Met: We were part of a group of friends at college (our dorms were next to each other). One night out at a party freshman year he kissed me. Dated for a while, mutually stopped and did our own thing for about 2 years (still friends, hanging out occasionally). One day (Jr. year) his car broke down, he walked to my house for some help, took me out to dinner that weekend as a thank you and the rest is history!
Engagement: December 11, 2004
Wedding: August 6, 2005!
Anything else?: Thanks Leonid and GG!!! Im a LIW alumnae, but still love keeping up with all the friends i made during my wait and encouraging the new ladies. I survived ring shopping, several false deadlines, and "boy soon" for a full year. I even lived in the same apartment with my ring for 3 weeks, which i found one day, but didnt peak! I know its hard, but it does get easier (until the wedding planning starts!
2.gif
)

emcake.gif
**Happy belated B-day JC!!!**
emcake.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Happy (belated) Birthday JCJD!!! Darn work, keeping me away from PS.

sparkling

Rough_Rock
Me: Sparkling 37
Him: Shining Prince 39 3/4
Started dating: Jan 2004
How you met: Match.com (keyword search dog)
Expected engagement date: I'm wait for the judge to sign my divorce decree.
29.gif

BF says it will happen shortly after I'm a free woman.
4.gif
We are going skiing in the rockies in Feb.
36.gif
Keep your fingers crossed.
Anything else you want to add?: Keep those pictures coming, Ladies!!!!
THIS engagement ring will be my last so I really want to end up with something I love.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the birthday wishes everybody!!! You''re all so sweet!!
35.gif

My birthday was pretty good, except for a meeting with my PhD advisors (see Grad School Gripes if you wanna). But I went out with some friends, my sis, the older of my 2 younger brothers, fiance, and had pizza and White Russians. I was a good girl (blueroses
2.gif
) and didn''t mix my alcohols (usually I have beer at this place), and I drank plenty of water. It''s been quite a while since I''ve had anything to drink harder than a glass of wine with dinner, so after my 2 WR''s, I was all giggly and had effectively forgotten about my lack of research progress. So overall a good day!
12.gif

I wonder where NoonersMom is right now..... I hope she had a good (and perhaps a sparkly!!) anniversary yesterday!!

OK, I feel bad for taking up a post on the Introduction thread, but...
Welcome to the newbies!!!
ginger, AKA Kathy - OMG, are you a model??? You and your bf are such gorgeous and intelligent people!!
GG - I can''t WAIT to be an old married woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s all this dang planning that gets in the way...
2.gif

travelingal - Yay Australia!!!!!
2.gif

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Me: R, 25, researcher (microbiology/biochemistry)

Him: N, 28, computer scientist

Started Dating: ? May 18th, 1998 (I think.. I''m going to get in trouble for guessing!)

How We Met: I was going to school in Cleveland, Ohio, and having horrible problems with my computer. An online friend suggested that I check out a P2P programs that, uh... ''shared'' a lot of programs, so I did. Fiance was running a server at the time, we got to talking (exchanged pics of pets before ourselves!), and I eventually went to visit him in Boston. Parents weren''t thrilled when I transferred schools and moved myself...

Engagement: October 5, 2004

Wedding: September 10, 2005!

Anything else?: Thanks Leonid and all of you gals for making this such a friendly and supportive place to be!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
can i post even though im already engaged too?! I never found PS til AFTER my engagement (which i am still sad about, bc i was going crazy!!), but I still love following the LIW threads...

Me: flopkins, 25

Him: simpotun, 27

Started dating: (officially) Jan 1, 2002

How you met: clubbing at Ruby Skye in SF (he came up to me and started dancing w/me... yes it CAN happen!! turns out we had a lot of mutual friends but had never met before)

Engagement date: Oct 29, 2004 FI took me out to a beautiful Bed & Breakfast and proposed in the garden... SOOOOoooOOOoo romantic!!!!

Anything else you want to add?: (Update) Married on 4/8/06~~!!!

And best wishes to all the LIW!!! I know I don't post much but I love reading the stories... they make me so happy!!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

TwoJs

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I''m new to PS and until now have mostly been lurking.

Me: 25
Him: 26
Dating Since: 4/1999
Expected engagement: 6/2005
How we met: College (my sophomore year, his junior year)

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Me: 29
Him: 30
Started dating: October 17th, 2003
How you met: We were both going to the same Bible Study. We started with the googly eyes from across the room.
31.gif
We went to social events as part of the Bible Study, then started flirting via email and text messages. We finally started hanging out just the two of us and the rest is history!!!
30.gif

Expected engagement date: According to my hunny, it will be "soon". Whether it''s "boy" soon or "girl" soon, we shall "soon" find out! In the meantime I am trying my very hardest not to go bonkers. Heh, heh.
37.gif

Anything else you want to add?: I am sooooo glad I found this place!
9.gif

festival.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Me: Erin, 29 - Executive Assistant, Central Illinois
Him: Mark, 31, Sales
Started Dating: I say June 2001 he says September 2001
How We Met: After college I moved up to Chicago and three years later I went out to a bar with my girlfriend. He remembers meeting me - the next weekend the girlfriend and I went to the same bar same night of the week and I asked '' who is that?!?!?'' After getting my introduction he said ''We met last week. I said no we didn''t. He said yes we did - you may not have remembered because you were a little
14.gif
Oh.... right. Anyway at the end of the night I told him goodbye and gave him my number on a prewritten piece of paper and briskly walked to the exit. I turned around just once to see how he was reacting and he was bashfully smiling - obviously waiting to see if I would ever turn around to look at him. It''s been
30.gif
every since.
Expected Engagement: it''s gotta happen sometime - kinda like waiting for Sam and Diane to kiss on Cheers
Anything Else?: I will attach my pic with the short hair I have now. I had to get a new ID made for work today so it''s ''that'' picture. Thursday I''m getting my film returned from his xmas party and hopefully will have a better pic to share then. In the meantime, I''ve had the best time getting to know you ladies and you''ve been the biggest support and strength just by sharing your own stories. I feel like I''m not going through this all by myself and it''s easier to cope that way.

Erin20842.jpg

Erin

Ideal_Rock
sorry that was uber-huge!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Love love love the pics... ladies thank you for sharing. You ladies are so photogenic. Lovely couples!!!

"Belated Happy Birthday" JCJD

NoonersMom

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
AAwwwww
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE the LIW!! Everyone is so adorable and real and warm. So nice to hear more stories!!

Erin, lol " it's gotta happen sometime - kinda like waiting for Sam and Diane to kiss on Cheers"--that's what my gayboyfriend says about my perpetual non-engagement too. Good assessment of the LIW life, I think
2.gif

TwoJs, welcome!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks blueroses - I knew I read that somewhere back on page 39 of the old jumbled mess - just couldn''t find the ''credits''

It''s been my favorite saying of late to find humor in my situation! Thanks for letting me borrow it!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the complement, Appletini!!!

So, Appletini and Ginger: you are Houston gals too??? How much fun! Ginger, didn''t you say you''re a med student? Are you at BCM or UTH? (I''m at BCM!)

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
AWWWWWWWWWWW! Aren't you guys just adorable!
face23.gif
Sweet thread. Now I have to find pics of us... dangit, this is tuff .

Me - 30.. Sr. Systems Engineer & SQL DBA
Him - 29 .. Self-Employed. Computer Service Storefront
Started Dating - June 17, 1995

How we met? At a mutual friends bbq. I had the worst crush on him but kept it to myself for 2 yrs. Every summer I'd come home fron college and we'd hang. One nite he told me to kiss him..I finally gave in after loads of harrassment..We've been a pair for 10yrs now.
30.gif
Totally my best-friend.
30.gif

Expected Engagement? Well ahh, hmmm........
33.gif

drechris.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i love looking at everyone's pics! you guys are all so cute
1.gif
i have to get clearance to post a pic of myself and my guy, maybe after the engagement...whenever that may be
19.gif

JCJD-I was just reading back thru the thread...very cool we have the same anniversary date
1.gif
and HAPPY BELATED BDAY!!!
emcake.gif
emotion-19.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I got a new picture of us tonight. I think it came out really cute so I wanted to show you girls!
I didn't put my pic with my intro post before.. but here it is!
By the way this is taken at our hopeful reception location!!
I got some new pics of it. I don't know whether to post them in Brides World Wide or here. I really still feel like I belong here more than there! lol!

mel jeff sheas resize.JPG

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock
Me: Kimberly, 23, law student
Him: Daniel, 24 next week, Asst. Manager at Sherwin Williams

Started Dating: March 21, 1998
How we met: Well...I don''t remember NOT knowing him. We grew up at the same church (actually, my mom and his dad grew up at the same church 1st), same grade, same Sunday school class. But of course he had cooties, so I ignored him. However, his dad is involved in the most embarrassing moment of my life when I was 5, lol. Anyway, grew up at same church, I kind of quit going when I was 13, he kept going b/c, well, his parents made him. When I was 16 my sis and I decided to go back to youth group and stuff, primarily b/c there were a LOT of hot guys there. So, we did, and developed crushes on a couple of boys. Then we went to a concert with the youth group (Audio Adrenaline if you care) and I don''t know, Lindsay was flirting with all of the guys, and then I saw her hanging out with Daniel with her elbow on his shoulder and chatting and something "clicked" ...she DID NOT get him. A few weeks of youth group flirting later, his brother''s girlfriend who went to my private school with me asked me if I was interested in him, and that night he called and invited me to the beach with them. (Ok, WOW that is such a "high school" story, lol!
26.gif
)

Expected Engagement Date: well, originally March 21, 2003. Now, I am hoping for "girl-soon"
Anything else you want to add?: Just that even when I don''t post on here, just reading all of the LIW posts keeps me feeling sane and normal. So thanks!
9.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Kaili, talent manager
Him: Burt, recording engineer/ aspiring rock star
2.gif

Started dating: September 13, 2001
How you met: My ex-boyfriend was the bass player in my b/f's band (we are all great friends... just sounds weird)
Expected engagement date: Soon, if we ever get the darn setting picked out!
Anything else you want to add?: If you like rock music, you can check out my sweety's band (shameless plug
31.gif
) www.hbbq.net or www.myspace.com/humanbarbeque

Brittany

Rough_Rock
Me: Brittany, 21
Him: Frank, 26
Started dating: February, 2004
How you met: Mutual friend
Expected engagement date: I have NO idea!
Anything else you want to add?: Glad I am not alone!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Brittany,
Welcome!
You are definitely NOT alone!
9.gif

I love this new forum!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results