shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Me: 26
Him: 32
Started dating: august 8, 2004
How you met: Sent big bouquet of flowers to my job. i worked in a public place
Expected engagement date: should be soon, putting deposit on ring this friday
Anything else?: was very romantic in his woo-ing. i knew on aug 22nd (2 weeks) after our first "date" that i was going to marry him. i even said it out loud! now here i am 4 years later picking out rings. am very happy
Wedding date: either aug 22 09 or sept 10 09

VMal

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies!! This is my very first post on PS though I''ve been lurking for months!! Here''s a little about me.. I''ve enjoyed reading all about you... Talk soon!! xoxo

Me: Valentina 23

Him: Vincent 29

Location: Originally... Me North NJ & Him South NJ.... But he moved up here for *us* so now we are both living in North NJ and will be moving into our very own first apartment together in November! (We went to see it last night yay!!)

Started dating: The night we met, Feb 1st 2007

How you met: To spare you all of the crazy details that I can go on and on about
37.gif
Here''s the brief version...
...I walked into a restaurant with one of my girlfriends and he was already sitting at the bar with one of his buddies and our eyes met
30.gif
We instantly found each other across the crowded room and that was it. Done! Taken! We both knew at that very moment we were meant for each other... Together ever since
30.gif

Expected engagement date: Soon I hope!! The ring is in the works...!!

Anything else you want to add?: He put a deposit down on a ring very shortly after we met! However, after window shopping with me, he realized that I was all over the place
37.gif
and still unsure of what kind of ring I wanted (so many options!!). So he stopped payment on that ring and we''ve been looking ever since (bout a year and a half!!). About two weeks ago, I found a ring that gave me that warm-tingly-instant tears-I know this is the one-feeling
21.gif
He saw it, loved it as well, and has already paid half of it!!!! Sooooo.... With my birthday next month and us moving into the new apartment in two months, I''m thinking and hoping it''ll be soon!

The ring is incredible! It''s a 2ct vintage solitaire from London during the 1850''s. Every single ring I picked out was the same type of tiff or cathedral solitaire between 1.5-2 ct but this ring just blew me away. I love that its vintage and has a story. It is in yellow gold which is not what I wanted but it was at a great price and Vince totally agreed that we can re-set it. So now my search begins again for a setting to showcase my bling
10.gif

Yay!
1.gif

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
Me: Lily, 23

Him: Patrick, 26

Started dating: Our official date is 4 june, 2005. Our un-official date is April, 2005.

How you met: Well, it''s a looong story, We met one night in Dec of 2004 when I was out partying, apparently he knew all my friends, but I''d never heard of him. Fast forward 1 week, and this random guy logs on my msn, I''d had him on my buddylist for about 6 months, but he had NEVER been online, and I had no idea who he was, and he doesn''t till this day know how we ended up on each others lists, lol. Anyway, I saw his pic on his profile and recognized him from that night a week earlier, I wrote him a message asking him if he had had fun, and he had no idea who I was. But we started talking. Became friends. I dated his best friend for a couple of wks. He stopped talking to me. I stopped dating his friend, and realized I missed him. I was miserable for 4 months, until one day he called me and asked if I wanted to go out for lunch. And the rest is history
30.gif
. Phew. I said it was a long story.

Expected engagement date: Well, I have NO idea. maybe in the next 1-2 years.

CajunKatie

Rough_Rock
Me: Katie

Him: E

Started dating: August 26, 2007

Story: We met going to the same college. We were friends and I had a horrible roommate situation, so I basically moved in with him. I''ll be with a different roommate this year, but things keep getting better for us!!

Expected Engagement Date: Who knows! We have talked about it a lot, but neither of us in a huge rush. Sometime in the next year or so probably.

Anything Else: This is one of my first posts, but I''m already spending tons of time reading PS!! Haha it seems like that''s a pretty common thing though...

eggy1024

Rough_Rock
Me: Amy, 25, ER RN and EMT
Him: Dave, 33, project manager for a nationwide cell phone company
Location: We''re both near Madison, WI. I moved out here a few months ago from near Milwaukee to be closer to Dave. He grew up in Northern Wisconsin, and I grew up in a suburb west of Milwaukee. Yes, we like beer and cheese (especially squeaky cheese curds).
Started dating: Our first date was October 12, 2007.
How you met: My cousin''s wedding was coming up in December. In October, I was in Madison for a week-long class, and jokingly asked a friend if she had any cute, single friends she could set me up with as my date for the wedding. Her husband''s college roommate (Dave) lives in Madison, so she suggested we meet while I was in town. We had dinner and drinks on our first date, and then the next morning, we met up for date number two before I left for home. Since my friend''s husband has known Dave for twelve years, I knew he was incredibly pre-screened and had no skeletons. :)
Expected engagement date: Soon, I hope! We customed-designed our ring (between the two of us, we spent hundreds of hours researching, trying on, and designing), and we get to see the wax model tomorrow. I''m so excited to see how our hard work paid off. And of course, excited to get to start wearing it. :D
Anything else you want to add?: We''ve started planning our wedding already, but we''re waffling between a small ceremony only (with just parents and siblings) in Arkansas or a big shindig in town. We went to Arkansas in June to dig for diamonds in Crater of Diamonds State Park (no, we didn''t find any diamonds). It''s beautiful there, and we loved the B & B where we stayed (which is where we will have the ceremony and stay). I''m not sure how I feel about only a ceremony (and then a fancy dinner out), versus having our entire families and friends at a ceremony and then reception. Has anyone done a ceremony without reception? Any thoughts/opinions/tips to share, please? Thanks.

And would someone be so kind as to fill me in on some of the abbreviations people use, please? FF, FI confuse me (there are others, but they are escaping me right now). DH was one too, I believe. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results