shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HisLadyLove

Rough_Rock
Me: 23

Him:

Started dating:
August 2005

How you met:
Mutual Friend/Online

Expected engagement date:
Hopefully by our 3 year anniversary!!!

Anything else you want to add?:
Been lurking around here a couple of months and decided to finally join the Ladies In Waiting!!!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 28
Him: 30
Started dating: January 2007
How you met: Through a mutual friend
Expected engagement date: possibly May
Anything else?: I left my family and life and moved to another state to be with him. now i am just waiting on that engagement!!!

26.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2008 3:30:51 PM
Author: cbs102
I left my family and life and moved to another state to be with him.

I swear that is the sweetest thing anyone can do. That's why my guy did to be with me.
4.gif

catty77

Rough_Rock
Me: 30
Him: 31
Started dating: August 2004
How you met: At work, on location. We were long distance (bi-coastal) for a year, then he moved to NY to be with me.
Expected engagement date: I thought 4/5/08 (we''re going away), now I don''t think it''s happening. At this point it''s anyone''s guess.
Anything else?: I''m so excited I found this board. I''ve been a pre-engagement anxious mess for a few months now, and reading all of your stories has helped me get over the hump and chill out a little bit. I''ve decided to enjoy the anticiation and let go of my control freak ways (at least for a little while...)

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Me: 23 (almost 24), Admin. Assistant - work for the local Govt. & Full Time Student

Him: 23 ", Real Estate Commercial Appraiser

Started dating: Summer of 2001

How you met: High School

Expected engagement date: We have talked about it and i'm waiting and hoping it will be this summer.

Anything else you want to add?: I am in love with the Tacori Platinum ring from the Contemporary Crescent Sillouette collection, style #2565RD9, but of course I would love just about anything right now! lol

aspromised22

Rough_Rock

Me: 21- aspromised22- soon to be college graduate and PhD student

Him: 21- Marine and accountant (what a combination!)

Started dating: February 2003

How you met: Mutual friend introduced us sophomore year of high school, I avoided him like the plague for a couple of months and then finally dated him!

Expected engagement date: By the end of this year! Whenever he gets back from Iraq!

Anything else you want to add?: My boyfriend and I are what they call "old" for our age. I am graduating college with a double degree in a few weeks and am currently applying to PhD programs. He is a Marine and is currently deployed and finishing up his degree while applying to Master's programs. We've been together for five years and have literally sped up everything else in our life so that we can get married. I'm in love with a princess halo diamond ring and he's already been to several jewelers looking for the perfect one. We hope to be married sometime in 2010 depending on where I am for grad school. Sometimes I feel so young to be thinking about graduate school and marriage and other times I am so ready!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
About us:

Me: 26 - Graduate Student (HR / Organizational Development)
Him: 31 - Engineer
Started dating: November 2001

How you met: While on vacation

Expected engagement date: Do-or-Die time baby...3-6 months at the most I hope!!!

Anything else?:
I love this web site. I truly need to redirect my pre-engagement neuroses--Thank God for PS.com...

37.gif

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Me: 24 (in April) soon to be lawyer in 2009

Him: 24 soon to be pharmacist in summer 2008

Started dating: july 4 2001

How you met: we were best friends in high school from 9th grade to 11th grade and starting dating the summer after junior year

Expected engagement date: hopefully this year!

Anything else you want to add?: i love PS! i really like the vatche settings (especially x-prong) :)

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Me: Annie, 23
Him: Joe, 24
Started dating: January 2006
How you met: We both used to race 4-cylinder stock cars at a local race track, and a mutual friend introduced us. We''ve been together ever since!
Expected engagement date: Hopefully within the next 3-4 months
Anything else you want to add?: I think he might have bought the diamond that I fell in love with and showed to him!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Cutiegrl84, You sound pretty close to my age, and everything! Strange how we have so much in common.
37.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2008 7:31:24 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Me: born in 81
Him: born in 81
Started dating: July 1998 and it feels like yesterday
How you met: online by accident (not on a dating site either mind you...not that there is anything wrong with that)
Expected engagement date: Oh God I dont know. My guess is within another 3-4 years?
Anything else you want to add?: Long story short - he lived in another state and then moved here a year later to be close to me. He was so sure we were meant to be, he moved here before even meeting me in person. I was sure of us myself, but thought he was crazy! It was so romantic! So, I had told him where to meet me at a park (which was at this bench under a light along a sidewalk path.) He was sitting on the bench when I got there. My mother came with me and I walked up to him and he gave me the most beautiful rose! He is my one and only, and Im his one and only as well. We have been inseparable ever since. True love!
Update:
Expected engagement date: Spoke with the boyfriend over the weekend about it. And now I know it should happen somewhere between Nov/Dec 2009-August 2010! Yay!
36.gif

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
Me: 27, Attorney

Him: 27, Reporter

Started dating: April 2007

How you met: Online - Yahoo personals. Always been skeptical of online dating, but I couldn''t have found anyone more perfect for me!

Expected engagement date: Hopefully this year!

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
ringless,

we are so much alike that''s so funny! I''m glad to know there is someone out there in the same boat as I am :)

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

35.gif

Me: A, 24 - College Student/Restaurant Hostess

Him: K, 25 - Computer, IT, & Electronics Guru/Army Reservist

Started dating: December of 2005

How you met: On MySpace
2.gif
Things were pretty rocky at the beginning though. He wasn''t looking for a serious relationship, and shortly after having met, he started a job that totally consumed his life; therefore, we casually dated for 7 months, but I didn''t get to see him that often
7.gif
We then ended up breaking up; however, a month or so later, he quit that particular job and decided that he wanted to give the relationship another go. We''ve been inseparable ever since
4.gif

Expected engagement date: I''m hoping that we''ll get engaged by our third anniversary. If not, sometime next year would suffice
1.gif

Anything else you want to add? I love my boy to pieces and can''t wait to spend the rest of my life with him, but lately I''ve been plagued by very strong rumors that his unit will be getting deployed within the next year or two
39.gif
That, coupled with the whole LIW issue.. well, hopefully y''all will help me stay sane
3.gif

P.S. Sorry for the overuse of smilies! They''re just too cute

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone!

Me: 29, government affairs
Him: 29, investment manager
Started dating: March 2006
How you met: In college/through friends
Expected engagement date: Sometime this summer, hopefully sooner rather than later!
Anything else you want to add?: We''ve been long-distance for our two years together and I''m planning to move to CA at the end of the summer/early fall, and I''d really like to be engaged before I move. I love reading about everyone''s engagement stories and seeing everyone''s sparklies!!
9.gif

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Me: 23
Him: 24
Started Dating: 2003
Engaged: 2006
Married: 2007

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Me: 21 college student (graduating December 08)

Him: almost 22 college student

Started dating: March 9, 2006

How you met: in the laundry room of our co-ed dorm :)

Expected engagement date: hopefully sometime after summer

Anything else you want to add?: I love pricescope, it''s the first thing I check in the morning lol.

someoneelse

Rough_Rock
Me: 27
Him: 29
Started dating: July 2005
How you met: through friends
Expected engagement date: Hopefully soon! He''s not a big anniversary person, so I''m not expecting it then... I really have no idea!

Garnet

Rough_Rock
Me: Julie, 21
Him: Ansley, 25
Started dating: September 25, 2004
How you met: Match.com
Expected engagement date: When Hell freezes over
29.gif

Anything else you want to add?: We''ve been happily living together since October 2007

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Me: 24, soon-to-be lawyer (just have to pass the Bar!)

Him: 27, lawyer

Started dating: June 2004

How you met: At my internship after my first year of law school--he was a staff attorney for the judge I worked for.

Expected engagement date: "Soon"--haha. I''m hoping that means in the next three months or so.

sarsena

Rough_Rock
US-Cutie: 31, PhD Chemical Engineer (+MBA)
UK-Sexy: 38, PhD Chemist
39.gif

How you met: Met last November when he came over from the UK (yes- he''s got a very sexy accent!). He was being transferred to the US because his research location was closing down. After meeting during an uncomfortable work dinner, I talked friends into going out for "drinks" on Friday so that I could invite him. That started the e-mail communication on a 2x daily basis. Note: I had recently had a broken engagement and certainly wasn''t expecting to meet someone.

Started dating: December 28th was our first kiss (we met in Madrid for New Years- how romantic!). He did not make it to the US until February due to all of the visa paperwork. We were getting desperate to see each other by then!

Expected engagement date: Sometime before August (as I''ll be moving out of state for a new job - I accepted it prior to meeting him)

Anything else you want to add?: I never believed in "love at first sight", but this is just amazing! Also, It''s strange to have him pushing me to pick out a e-ring (the ex-f told me that I pressured him into proposing after 3 years of dating). UK-Sexy and I are spending every possible moment together now before I move and have plans for the future. After he obtains his green card, we will look for jobs at my new company... The long distance will be tough, but I think that we are going into it with our eyes open.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the LIW club! (are we a club ladies?)
33.gif

Anyway, nice to have you here!!!!
35.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
LOL - Maybe we can be the Ladies In Waiting Nation ;-)

We should get membership cards that entitle us to unlimited ice cream when we get frustrated waiting. Also, as members of LIWN we do not gain any weight at all...no matter how many sundaes we have!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2008 12:52:14 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
LOL - Maybe we can be the Ladies In Waiting Nation ;-)

We should get membership cards that entitle us to unlimited ice cream when we get frustrated waiting. Also, as members of LIWN we do not gain any weight at all...no matter how many sundaes we have!
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

YES!!! I love that idea. All the ice cream we want and never gain an ounce...we just look more gorgeous the more we eat!
31.gif

And LIWN members never have frizzy hair no matter how humid it is outside!!! Just perfect locks, whenever...wherever!!!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahah, the LIW Nation, I love it.

Ok, sounds good to me! Sundaes all around!
18.gif

sundae06-sm.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
So I stumbed across this thread which is over a month old and I decided to revive it! Hope that''s okay!

Him - 41
Me - 35
Location - San Diego
Started Dating - Oct 2006
How we met - Through mutual friends at a party with a little added help from Myspace.
Expected engagement - hopefully sometime this year. I thought the ring process was just about deciding that you were going to do it...but after discovering this wonderful place, I see that there''s a lot more to it if you want to do it right and get the most for your money. So I think the process is going to take a bit longer.
Anything else? - I''m pretty new here...but I LOVE IT! It''s like a secret treasure! so much fun and soooo much incredible information. Wow!

Here''s a photo..

thisisus.jpg

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Me: 21 Law Student/Legal Secretary - lawyer in 2009

Him: 28 Animator

Started Dating: December 2005

How we met: Playing ultimate frisbee together

Expected engagement date: Mid 2009-early 2010

Anything else: I''m another one of those old for my age people. We have also been living together since November 2006.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I just made myself a whole new thread
33.gif
oops! I guess I will post the "stats" of my relationship in here:

Me: 20

Him: 20 (Both MSU students - go spartans!)

Started dating: August 2004

How you met: High School class

Expected Engagement Date: Anytime in the next year

Anything else you want to add?? Well I just got into the College of Education and my BF just got into the MSU business school, so we are on our way!

IMG_8968.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Me and Him: 30, graduate students
Started dating: Halloween ''99
How we met: School
Expected engagement: He always says "whenever I was ready," and since I am now identifying myself as a LIW, that must mean soon. We just have to decide on a ring (which is so much harder than I ever thought it would be).
Anything else? We have so much fun together; I have never doubted that we would be together forever.

M&MS

Rough_Rock
Me: 24 medical student

Him: 22 PhD student

Started dating: Feb 18, 2001

How you met: High School (choir class)

Expected engagement date: Umm, hopefully within the next month? But since I''ve been waiting for this long, anytime within the next year would make me a pretty happy camper.

Anything else you want to add?: I''m going crazy!!! And I''ve been stalking this site for 4 years now, haha!

us smaller.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results