shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NickiDrea

Rough_Rock
Me: Nicole, 25- attorney
Him: Abe, 28- civil engineer
Started dating: February 2006
How you met: Through my sister, Mindy
Expected engagement date: Sometime this week (I think)!!!!!
Anything else you want to add?: I LOVE this forum!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 9:59:55 AM
Author: NickiDrea
Me: Nicole, 25- attorney

Him: Abe, 28- civil engineer

Started dating: February 2006

How you met: Through my sister, Mindy

Expected engagement date: Sometime this week (I think)!!!!!

Anything else you want to add?: I LOVE this forum!
This week?! Holy moly, you don''t plan on being around the LIW section very long, now do ya?
3.gif
How exciting!!!
36.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 5:22:05 AM
Author: bee*
Welcome
35.gif
35.gif

It''s interesting reading your post Meredith as my sister has just told us that she''s going out with a girl for the past few weeks. To me it''s no big deal but my parents are saying that it''s not a ''real relationship'' which is so stupid. She''s only 16 so I suppose that they think that she''s just experimenting but it''s tough trying to tell them that if she wants to date girls then there''s nothing wrong with that.

I feel for your sister, bee. You''re so sweet to be supportive of her, and it''s probably the most awesome thing you could do for her right now.
Most societies seem to give the benefit of the doubt to young straight couples over young same sex couples, unfortunately. No one ever told my younger sister she was just going through a "phase" when she was dating her boyfriend at 16!
20.gif
It took my parents almost 11 years to acknowledge my relationships with women. Hopefully your sister will have a faster time of it! So much luck to her!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 5:18:38 PM
Author: WishfulThinking
Date: 1/28/2008 5:22:05 AM

Author: bee*

Welcome
35.gif
35.gif

It''s interesting reading your post Meredith as my sister has just told us that she''s going out with a girl for the past few weeks. To me it''s no big deal but my parents are saying that it''s not a ''real relationship'' which is so stupid. She''s only 16 so I suppose that they think that she''s just experimenting but it''s tough trying to tell them that if she wants to date girls then there''s nothing wrong with that.

I feel for your sister, bee. You''re so sweet to be supportive of her, and it''s probably the most awesome thing you could do for her right now.

Most societies seem to give the benefit of the doubt to young straight couples over young same sex couples, unfortunately. No one ever told my younger sister she was just going through a ''phase'' when she was dating her boyfriend at 16!
20.gif
It took my parents almost 11 years to acknowledge my relationships with women. Hopefully your sister will have a faster time of it! So much luck to her!

Thanks Meredith. I hope that my parents will get over it soon. Things are very tough in the house at the moment due to all their arguing! I know that they''ll come round eventually. I think that it''s great that my sister actually told us. My best friend is gay and it took him so many years to tell his parents. Best of luck in your relationship also!

SPOT

Rough_Rock
Name: SPOT
Her: Bubbles
Started Dating: December 2005
How you met: Work
Expected Engagement Date: Done.
Anything else: Nope

dnalini3

Rough_Rock
Me: Nalini, 26
Him: Richie, 27
Started dating: September 2006
How you met: through family friends
Expected engagement date: ASAR- as soon as we get the ring!!
Anything else you want to add?: We can''t wait to be together-presently my fiance is over seas at the moment and the earliest he will return is Dec 08. We have vacations plans for June and Sept. (our birthday months). I''ve been shopping around for a Pear with pear sides since the new year 08. This site has been most helpful. I checked out so many forums- on pears and Natalie K settings. Keep posting!!
30.gif

3-4.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Me: Sarah, Student
Him: Josh, Software engineer
Started dating: January 2006
How you met: On a plane to Japan (we took a class together)
Expected engagement date: 2-3 weeks ASAP! I can''t wait anymore..haha.
Anything else you want to add?: Hello!

RadiantMe

Rough_Rock
Me: M, 28
Him: E, 33
Where We Met: On the internet of all places
2.gif

Started Dating: December 2006
Expeceted Engangement: Hopefully in the next few months!!!!
30.gif

Sapphire_Cutie

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 27
Him: 27
Where We Met: Used to go to school together, known WELL since Freshman yr of HS (both always had a crush on the other but were too shy to say so and do anything about it. So we sat back and watched eachother date other ppl and disliked it lol...now YEARS down the road we are HAPPILY together
30.gif
emotion-19.gif

Started Dating: Feb ''07
Expeceted Engangement: SOOOON (girl soon i HOPE, Since were already ring shopping)

AMESD

Rough_Rock
Me: 25
Him: 29
Where we met: School
Started Dating: 5 years ago!
Expected engagement: soon?!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Me : Jamie 21 (22 in april) direct sales (anyone wants Mary Kay let me know)
Him : Daniel 20 (21 in November) Plumbing
Started Dating : February 2006
How you Met: mud boggs HAHA
expected engagement date : dunno, we''re playing it by ear
anything else you want to add: I''m super friendly, we are both active people and love adventures.

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
Me: K- 24- Kindergarten Teacher
Him: J-25- Accountant
Started dating: the date is debatable, but I THINK it was Oct. 30th 2001
How you met: In college, through a friend, and online- all wrapped in one- hehe
Expected engagement date: before the end of 2008- I''m thinking Christmas time
Anything else you want to add?: Ummm- I am so glad to have found this site- jewelry has long been my drug of choice- and of course the LIW seem to "get" me.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Me: K, 30 Admin. Asst
Him: E, 31 Lab Supervisor
Started dating: May 2006
How you met: MySpace (I know I can''t believe it either)
Expected engagement date: Please God make it in the next 6 months!
Anything else you want to add?: Either this site will help me wait more patiently or dive me completely insane I''m hoping for the first choice.
2.gif

CaliBling

Shiny_Rock
Me- 30
Him- 47
Location- CA/MA
Started Dating- 2006
How we met- Work
Expected Engagment- 12/2008 (we will see
2.gif
)

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Me: T, 26- law student
Him: B, 30- pilot
Started dating: August 4, 2006
How you met: Walking out of the restroom of a dance club
Engagement date: January 10, 2008
Expected marriage date: next year
Anything else you want to add? Pricescope is waaaay too addictive.

patient1

Shiny_Rock
Me: 23 - 09/25/1984 - Public Relations
Him: 23 - 09/17/1984 (eight days apart, haha) - Electrical Engineer
Current location: Austin, Texas
Started dating: April, 2002 (Junior year of High School)
How you met: We love this story, it's so embarrassing! We met at debate camp the summer before our junior year of high school. (I know, what nerds!!) We IMed and emailed every once in a while. The next spring we re-met at a UIL meet and started talking on the phone after that. After a month of talking, we decided to give a long distance relationship a shot (we lived four hours apart in Texas). We stayed together through high school and we both ended up going to the University of Texas in Austin (Hook 'em!) and have both graduated (me in May and he in December of 2007). We both now have jobs here in Austin and are FINALLY at a stage in life where we see ourselves old enough (and earning enough) to be married!
Expected engagement date: Sometime in 2008... possibly sometime before May?! (His lease is up in May and we would both really like to move in together, but won't until we are at least engaged...)
Anything else?: To be honest, I never saw myself getting married before I was 25. But after (almost) 6 years with this wonderful wonderful guy, graduating college, finding a job, being financially independent (an important goal for me, I paid/borrowed my own way through college and I wanted to get a job and be able to support myself after college and before marriage), I think I'm ready to be married at 24! (We've always wanted to get married in the spring/early summer months and that time next year we'll be 24.) But honestly, 24-25, does it really matter when you're ready to finally be his Mrs.?
2.gif

Bridesmaid

Rough_Rock
Me: R, 22, reporter for a tiny local newspaper

Him:
M, 21 (a year and 6 days younger than I am - and he''s going to remind me for the rest of our lives), student

Current location:
The Carolinas - I''m in North, he''s in South.

Started dating:
May 6, 2007... We knew within a month.

How you met:
We went to college together. I think the first time we met was when I pulled a drunk and feely friend off him at a party. Then we had Spanish together, and I was late to class the day project groups were assigned and got stuck with the slacker boys (including M). He got my phone number, and he was the one to call and figure out when we''d work on the project and stuff, which I thought was weird because I thought he was snobby. (He just doesn''t talk in groups unless he has something really important to say. He''s not shy. He just doesn''t talk.) Anyway, I was glad when the project was over because it had been awful tryiing to get the boys to do anything. He changed his degree so he wouldn''t have to take any more Spanish. (Our professor was rough.) And I didn''t really see him. Then he''d been drinking one night about a year and a half later, found my number and send me a text message out of nowhere. The weekend of my roommate''s birthday (also less than a month before we graduated - I really wasn''t as big a partier as this how-we-met sounds) I was sending inebriated text messages. And then he asked me to be his date to a formal, which was odd because no one really takes dates at our school unless it''s cost-efficient (like $6 per person, $10 per couple) and it was a free formal. He thought it was hilarious that I thought the only reason he asked me was so I could buy him alcohol. Turned out he''d had a crush on me all through and since Spanish class. But we had a great time at the formal, and that''s how it all started.

Anything else?:
We''re long distance like a lot of you, and it DOES suck! I loved reading the first three pages of how-we-met stories, but I have to get back to work from lunch, so I''ll have to read others later. I think there was something about when he''s going to propose in the first few bios... We''re hoping to get married next spring, and the proposal will come whenever he can buy a ring between now and then. He''d originally said August, but I think it will be later fall. People keep telling me to wait, but neither of us is going to grad school yet, so there''s no reason to stay dependent on our parents. We''re not meeting anyone else - and don''t want to! And because our families are conservative and we don''t want to be the cause of any misery, we''re not going to live together before we''re married. My mom still hasn''t gotten over her brother doing that... 15 years ago. So we''re babies, yeah, but we adore each other, we love each other''s families, we work through disagreements (it''s not like we just don''t have them) and he''s pretty much just amazing.
30.gif

sillybean

Rough_Rock
Me: J, 24
Him: 28
Started dating: Oct 2006
How you met: online :)
Expected engagement date: He has until Oct 2008 :)
Anything else you want to add?: I'm definately a LIW. HE was the one that brought it up (marriage) and I got him into a ring store today. It was the best hour ever!
30.gif

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
Me: Jessica, 21 - Website Coordinator/Student (Studying to be Future High School History Teacher)
Him: Alex, 23 - Public Administration
Started Dating: March 13, 2006
How you Met: We used to work together at a retirement home for a private restaurant they owned back in 2003 (we have known each other for a WHILE). I was the Waitress he was the Busser. Then we both went to separate colleges and kept in touch. I transferred to his college because my mom was having Twins (closer to home) and we started dating then.
Expected engagement date: well the ring arrived today, so hopefully he wont make me wait long, but I think he likes his control right now and finds my torture amusing. But probably in the next two months.
Anything Else: I love Pricescope and you girls for all your help!

squee

Rough_Rock
Me: 25
Him: 30
Where We Met: On a dating site. He insulted me. No, seriously. Basically, I joined this site because my friend wanted me to take some personality quiz that they had on there and it was free, so I figured what the heck. Well, I created a little profile, but no one contacted me except for one person who literally wrote "I just got out of jail a few months ago, and my wife kicked me out, so I need some place to live. Can we meet for coffee, and do you happen to have any spare room in your apartment for me to crash?" Yeah... somehow, I think not.

Anyway, after I got over my horror, I continued taking little quizzes on the site to pass time, etc. Well, at some point I took a literacy test, and scored really well. I believe it was something like a 93%. One day, I get a random email from another user that simply said "I totally beat your score on the literacy test. I am awesome." Are you for real?! So, curious and slightly irate, I emailed him back some witty response, and thus began a series of ridiculous emails, long phone calls, and eventually, wonderful dates. 3 1/2 years later, wouldn't you know it... we're still together. Who woulda thunk?!
26.gif

Started Dating: November 2004
Expected Engagement: Yikes, who knows?! Financially, we're not there yet. Realisically, it will probably be at least another 2 years, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be sooner!
12.gif

ETA: Here's a pic of us!
1.gif

squee

Rough_Rock

bus.jpg

Bridesmaid

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 5:33:16 PM
Author: squee
This is one of the cutest how-we-met stories I''ve ever heard. And ya''ll are adorable.
1.gif

Markie

Rough_Rock
Me: 21, student
Him: 21, student, 2 months younger than me and I will never let him forget it!
Started dating: January 1, 2007
How you met: College. At the time, I had sworn off dating after a terrible relationship. But I think I knew him less than two weeks when I told my mother "I met the guy I am going to marry." We hadn''t even started going out yet, but I just knew it!
Engagement date: He proposed with the *perfect* ring in January, but we haven''t told everyone yet and we are not even getting started on wedding plans until we both graduate, which will be over a year. I know this doesn''t exactly qualify me as an LIW, but I am a longtime lurker who finally decided to join in. I couldn''t find an introduce yourself thread on the Brides forum, and it was so much less intimidating to post for the first time this way! Anyway I certainly don''t feel like a bride yet.
Anything else you want to add? Gwendolyn, I love your signature.

squee

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 3:05:19 PM
Author: Bridesmaid
Date: 3/4/2008 5:33:16 PM

Author: squee
This is one of the cutest how-we-met stories I''ve ever heard. And ya''ll are adorable.
1.gif

Thanks Bridesmaid!
4.gif
I still tell him constantly that I only went out with him because I was desperate, so I was willing to overlook the insult.
3.gif

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
Me: Lisa, 28
Him: T, 30
Started dating: October 2004
How you met: Work
Expected engagement date: Sometime in 2008
Anything else you want to add?: This forum will be the death of him!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Me: born in 81
Him: born in 81
Started dating: July 1998 and it feels like yesterday
How you met: online by accident (not on a dating site either mind you...not that there is anything wrong with that)
Expected engagement date: Oh God I dont know. My guess is within another 3-4 years?
Anything else you want to add?: Long story short - he lived in another state and then moved here a year later to be close to me. He was so sure we were meant to be, he moved here before even meeting me in person. I was sure of us myself, but thought he was crazy! It was so romantic! So, I had told him where to meet me at a park (which was at this bench under a light along a sidewalk path.) He was sitting on the bench when I got there. My mother came with me and I walked up to him and he gave me the most beautiful rose! He is my one and only, and Im his one and only as well. We have been inseparable ever since. True love!

Dani511

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
35.gif

I have already posted several times, however my first post was very LONG (sorry about that
1.gif
), and many may not want to read all of it. So, I thought I should officially introduce myself here! I had been a long time lurker, and I just adore the pricescope forums! I am so glad to be a part of it
21.gif

Me: Nearly 26, Special Educator, just completed my Masters :)
Him: 23, Music Teacher
Started Dating: March 20th, 2004
How you met: He was born and raised in the Boston, MA area, but we have a mutual friend (a NY native) with whom he had attended the Berklee College of Music in Boston. They came to NY for spring break 4 years ago, set us up, and the rest is history! I never thought it would work out, and I thought my friends were crazy to try and set me up with a younger guy who lived 215 miles away! But, until recently, we saw eachother every weekend, with the exception of a few week-or-more long vacations in between. I would take an Amtrak to Boston occasionally, but he would drive down all of the time- even in rain or snow! He now lives in NY, although not yet with me. It had worked out very well while we were in college/grad school, but it was certainly time to close the gap. And, we''re finally used to eachother''s accent and regional dialect! (mine is very Bronx-y, his is Bostonian, LOL)
Expected engagement date: Haha! See my very first post, "A Newbie Needs Advice" for my current struggle! Seriously, things have been and continue to get much better, and I was told that it will be this year. I am starting to become more optimistic about that (at least when I am not panicing as I was in my first post). He claims that he is truely saving up to purchase one of the settings that we had previously picked out. When the time comes, we will be re-setting my grandmother''s diamond.

edotf104

Rough_Rock
Me: esf, 24, public relations
Him: amw, 25, mortgage loan officer, prospective law student
Started Dating: December 11, 2003-- Went to see the National Tree in D.C. and of course we're corny and go every year on that date.
How You Met: In a TV production class, Jr. year of college. Didn't notice each other for the first couple of weeks-- until someone mentioned him being one of the cuties in the class (lol)-- I perked up :)
Expected Engagement: I haven't a clue. After a couple years of bicoastal romance during and after college (He's from San Jose, CA-- I'm from MD), then moving to be with him on the West Coast, and finally us both coming back-- I'm ready!! I would love for it to happen this summer... but we'll see. He's certainly worth the wait-- but I've got some serious LIW-itis... made only worse by all the close friends popping up engaged around me
19.gif

So far I'm 113 on the LIW list. 13 is supposed to be a lucky number, right? I certainly hope so!

30.gif

Happy to meet you all!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Me: age 27, database developer
Him: age 30, mech engineer
Started Dating: April 24, 2006 (on his birthday. Easy for him)
How we met: At a mutual friend''s party. My twin sister took me and he showed up there. There was a King''s game, lots of drinking and funny games. We finally *STARTED* dating around Easter 2006.
Expected Engagement: Oops! I didn''t see this thread until just now. I actually just got engaged. This past Monday (Easter Monday).
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else think this should be a sticky thread (i.e. always on the top of the thread list, much like the LIW list)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results