shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tessie

Rough_Rock
Me: 24

Him: 25

Started dating: Aug. 2004

How you met: High School, we''ve been friends since 2000

Expected engagement date: No idea, could be years away

Anything else you want to add?: We are in no rush to get married, life is pretty perfect now. But it is fun to think about it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I didn't see this before. This should be tacked on the top =)

Me: M, 26, work for a company out in Miami. I have a Bachelors Degree in Accounting and a Masters in Finance.

Him: R, 29, Manager for a corporate office major hotel chain, worked his way up the ranks, gorgeous (just thought I'd drop that in there)

Location: Miami, FL (actually, Pembroke Pines but more people know Miami so we'll use that...plus its sexier)

Started dating: I can't say when we did because its not like we agreed on this date we are boyfriend/girlfriend...but I will say we met in March 2002

How you met: I was dating his friend
27.gif
. It didn't work out so he called me a month later. What can I say...I have that effect on people
32.gif
LOL

Expected engagement date: XX/XX/2008 that's all I know :)

Anything else you want to add?: I'm a very happy but anxious LIW and I look forward to being a very happy but anxious bridezilla =)

Him: Will be 24 next month

Started dating: April 5, 2008 (yes, just over 2 months "offically")

How you met: At work

Expected engagement date: Within the next year.

Anything else you would like to add: Well, like my screenname says, I fell in love with my best friend. We met at work in June of 07, I was married at the time going through a seperation and he and I really connected as friends. We became instant best friends, and yes their was that attraction there but we knew the time was not right for us. We of course stayed very close friends and I breifly dated someone else, putting him(my now boyfriend) through pure hell as he waited in the wings for me. When the guy I was dating and I broke up, I realized it was time to be with the man I knew was meant for me all along and we made it offical. Life has never been better
30.gif

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Me: 20

Him: 22

Started dating: October 16,2006

How you met: Through my brother on a church retreat

Expected engagement date: Before December

Anything else you would like to add: I know we''re young, but we have a lot of life ahead of us, and we want to spend it together!

stereogirl

Rough_Rock

Me: 25

Him: 26

Started dating: May 5, 2007

How you met: E-Harmony

Expected engagement date: Been there, done that, May 25, 2008

Anything else you would like to add: Getting married on May 16, 2009...can''t wait!

Scorpio_22

Rough_Rock

Me: 27

Him: 37

Started dating: July 7, 2006

How you met: he was my neighboor

Expected engagement date: hopefully in the next 2 years. really hoping for this summer

Anything else you would like to add: I know he''s the one for me.. why is $$ such an issue with him??

sweetiekins

Rough_Rock
Me: 23
Him: 23, will be 24 next month
Started dating: November 17, 2004
How you met: at college
Expected engagement date: when he decides to ask

My BF actually turned me onto PS...weird, I know, but I''m glad he did! We met in college and hung out as friends for a few months before we actually started dating (I was kind of seeing someone else at the time). I knew he was different because we could spend 12+ hours together and never run out of anything to say! That''s probably why it feels like we''ve been together forever. We love each other very much and we are just waiting for the right time to start planning our future together
36.gif

crazyinlove

Rough_Rock
Me: T, 23, B Comm majoring in Economics and working on my CFA

Him: S, 27, umm he does techie stuff lol

Location: Ontario. We live 1.5 hours apart, and have for our whole 4 years of dating. But now that I''m finished my degree, we are looking for jobs in the same city so we can move in together! Yay!
36.gif

Started dating: Summer 2003

How you met: Some creep was following me around at a bar, so I saw a cute boy and started chatting with him. The creep came back, the cutie told the guy he was my boyfriend, and the rest is history. For those who met their SO by chance... are you ever amazed at all the unlikely circumstances that happened for you two to meet each other?

Expected engagement date: Sometime this fall or winter (it''s going to be a surprise). We''ve just started looking at rings, which is how I found this site!
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never filled this out, so I''m going to do so now!

Him: 29

Started dating: November 2005

How you met: The Halloween party of a mutual friend, which also happened to be my 23rd Birthday!

Expected engagement date: By December 31, 2009 at 11:59:59. lol

Anything else you would like to add: I absolutely adore my boyfriend, and I can''t wait to marry him. Unfortunately, I''m not done with school until April 09, so no engagement until that is done!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I posted an "introduction" link but thought I''d add to this "reference" list!

Me: 26

Started dating: December 1998 (took a 1.5 year break in there about four years ago)

How you met: High school sweethearts!

Expected engagement date: Hopefully by the end of October of 2008

Anything else you would like to add: My world is busy, but my SO is my rock and my peace. I can''t wait to plan our lives together!

Brynn

Rough_Rock
Okay, I''ve officially decided to stop lurking. Really it''s all about not being able to post with Safari & a Mac, but I''ve gotten over it
2.gif

Me: Brynn, 26
Him: MP, 26
Started dating: October, 2005
How you met: We went to undergrad together and ''remet'' at our first homecoming post-graduation! We''ve been together ever since.
Expected engagement date: I''ve got a pretty good idea it''ll be in a smidge less than a year. I''ve got to get the bulk of law school under my belt!.

So Hi!
35.gif

tessari

Shiny_Rock

Me: 28

Started dating: October 2005

How you met: Law School

Expected engagement date: before I turn 29, probably April 2009.

Anything else you would like to add: he just opened up an account to start setting aside for the ring. he hates diamonds (this is one of his biggest flaws
29.gif
) so we are going for a sapphire or something else. luckily my parents got me a beautiful 1.25 carat, D color solitaire diamond pendant for graduation....I really need to figure out what Sapphires are all about and this is a perfect place to do it.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Tess!

Sounds like you and I are going to be getting engaged right around the same time! Good Luck!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 11:03:11 PM
Author: Brynn
Okay, I''ve officially decided to stop lurking. Really it''s all about not being able to post with Safari & a Mac, but I''ve gotten over it
2.gif
I''ve got a Mac too, and there are some weird things that go on with this board and Macs, but if you have Firefox, they *mostly* disappear. Not entirely, but mostly.

Welcome!
1.gif

DIShayley

Rough_Rock
I'm on a Mac but I use Camino which seems to work OK!

Me: Hayley, 22 - I have a bachelors degree in Law, am working on my PhD in Marine Salvage Law, and I lecture part-time at the University

Him: Elfyn, 25 - IT Technician for the University

Started dating: July 31st, 2004

How you met: He spotted me at a local car show, and we met again by coincidence about a week later through mutual friends. We spent about a week getting to know each other before we knew we wanted to be together. The rest, as they say, is history!

Expected engagement date: We're researching the ring at the moment! We're on a pretty tight budget since we're going on a big vacation in August and saving up for our first (rental) home in October, buying all the bits and pieces we're going to need. DBF happened to get a bonus from work which made getting a ring possible! We wanted to get engaged before we moved in together.

He wanted the engagement to be a complete surprise. I'm the researcher in our relationship, so I'm choosing the diamond and the setting :) The proposal is completely up to him, but my intuition tells me it'll be when we're on vacation this summer. We're off to DisneyWorld and the Bahamas for 3 weeks so this would be the PERFECT time to do it and have 3 weeks celebrating our engagement.

Anything else you want to add?: I have 2 years left of my PhD and I'd like to finish that and become a homeowner before we get married. We're hoping to have a long engagement and get married in August 2011, 3 years from now. We're also hoping to get married in Florida, so we'd like to give our friends and family 2 years to save up since we're coming from the UK.

Umm, that's us in a nutshell!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Me: A, 24
35.gif

Him: K,24
10.gif

Started dating: January 9, 2008

How you met: At work....I was his manager...gasp....lol (I''ve since left the company)

Expected engagement date: January 2009

Anything else you want to add?: This place is awesome! Thanks for hosting such a stress reliever!
36.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Amanda, age 22

Him: Matthew, age 22

Started Dating: September 2005

How you met: He was the college roommate of my good friend from high school- we all went out to dinner one night, and we took interest in each other rather quickly.
2.gif

Expected Engagement: Maybe by 2010 or soon thereafter

Anything else: I am in Pharmacy school, and Matt is a German masters student. He will be spending the next YEAR in Germany for school!
8.gif
Sad... but maybe I''ll get a European engagement!

happygolucky851

Shiny_Rock
Me: 21

Him: 21

Started dating: April 18, 2006

How you met: I took a class in college my freshman year with one of his friends, met the BF through him.

Expected engagement date: Hopefully sometime next year April through summer.

Anything else you want to add?: We were really good friends for most of our freshman year in college, the whole time having HUGE crushes on each other but we were both too shy to say anything. Even though we were so young when we met, (I had just turned 19 a couple weeks before)I knew within 2 months I was going to marry this guy! He felt the same! Anyway I just cant wait to be engaged! I''m hoping PS will allow me to get out my excitement because i feel like a total creeper just looking and reading on here, I admit I have the engagement fever... ALREADY!!! HELP!!!! HAHA

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Him: 28

Met: in law school

Started Dating: January 19, 2007

Expected Engagement: within a year (fingers crossed for a little sooner/ before graduation next May)

Anything else: I'm newly obsessed with Diamonds! Especially Asschers!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I agree this should be tacked on top!! :)

Started dating: First weekend of october - we celebrate during the festival since we can''t agree on a date

41.gif
. But its easy to remember with the festival! infact insted of going on on our anny, we go to the festival to celebrate!

How you met: work! driver, customer service. totally meant to be!

Expected engagement date: ugh. NOW???? hopefully by the end of the year?

Anything else you would like to add: I am a LWI.... Lady Waiting Impatiently!!!!!

20.gif

jillyb

Rough_Rock
Him: 30

Met: 2000--in college in Charleston, SC--he lived down the hall from my friends

Started Dating: May 4, 2003

Expected Engagement: as soon as he finally gets his act together! I''ve been feeling impatient lately....

Anything else: I love looking at people''s rings on Pricescope! I hope to post pics of my own someday SOON!

bethany23

Rough_Rock
I'll play = )

Him: 24

Met: On an online message board Jan/Feb of 04.

Started Dating: Offically met in person Februrary 28, 2004 and we consider that to be our anniversary.

Expected Engagement: Sometime after he gets his electrical licenses next spring, hopefully sooner than later ; )

Anything else: We recently went though a really tough patch and it has really made us stronger, even thoug hteh situation is still very difficult. We had lived together since 4 months after we met up until this past May. I moved back to my home town (about 1 hour from him) to help out with some fmaily obligations. He was unable to move with me bc of his job, so we have to do the LD thing until next spring. We see eachother every weekend and talk every day but it is soooo hard. So far the time apart has brought us really close though so I think we're going to make it!

Dream Ring: Tiffany 1c w/ classic 6 prong platnium setting. I don't know much about diamonds, just that this is the one I want! He know's it and is saving. I'll wait however long (in moderation) if I can get this baby lol.

livingthedream

Rough_Rock

Him: 36

Started Dating: Officially September 2007

How You Met: April 2006 at our mutual friend''s house

Expected Engagement Date: ?? August 2008 ??

Anything Else: He has done so much research for a ring, I think I''m going to propose to him before he gets it just the way he wants it. He''s too cute about it. It is so special that he''s put so much effort in this event. I love this man! Hopefully I can post a pretty picture sooner than later!
30.gif

loveydovey

Rough_Rock

Started dating: Around July 19, 2005.....3 years ago

How you met: Strange circumstances, but online

Expected engagement date: By December 2008

Anything else you would like to add: I am so in love with this man. I can''t wait to spend my life being by his side. With that being said............I am going CRAZY
19.gif
trying to be patient!!! He''s told me he is going to propose before this year is up so now every holiday, birthday, anniversary, etc. has got me on pins and needles lol!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Me: Amy,23
Him: Jamie,30
Started dating: October 31,2005
How you met: I was friends with his roommate
Expected engagement date:Within the next year,I can feel it!
Anything else you want to add?: I love pricescope and so many of you have helped me out in my diamond hunts!

PuddingFace

Rough_Rock

Started dating: Around July 5th, 2007

How you met: Through a mutual friend

Expected engagement date: End of this year... hopefully!

Anything else you would like to add: Just that I'm fine waiting right now because things are so wonderful just the way they are and I can't wait to see how our life unfolds together.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock

Him: 25

Started dating: June 5, 2005

How you met: I was dating his friend, and he was my best friend. Once we both broke up with ex SO''s and waited a little bit- we started dating!

Expected engagement date: within 365 days *hopefully*

Anything else you want to add?: He''s my very best friend and I can''t wait to spend the rest of our lives together! (oh, and I LOVE PS!)
9.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
ME: 24

HIM: 26

STARTED DATING: October 2007: First Date: Rockies Playoff game

HOW WE MET: My mom introduced us. Momma knows best
2.gif

EXPECTED ENGAGEMENT DATE: Hopefully sooner than later...Before the end of the year (I hope I hope!)

ANYTHING ELSE TO ADD: I''m so happy and greatful that I found the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with...I''m happily taken...and axiously waiting to be happily engaged and then happily married!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Me: 26- Phd student in engineering

Him: 22- Chemical Engineer

Started dating: August 2007

How you met: Playing intramural/pick-up softball. Took him 2 months to work up the nerve to talk to me!

Expected engagement date: Hopefully by the end of the year, definitely by May 2008.

Anything else you want to add?: We own a house together which is pretty exciting.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 23-turn 24 in Dec- MBA Student

Him: 22-turn 23 in Dec- Grad Student

Started dating: June 29, 2006 (our official date :) )

How you met: through a friend...we started talking to each other via instant messages (hahaha) and then decided to hang out one night, and havent been apart since :)

Expected engagement date: Well he has the ring.. but definitely BY the end of the year.. December 31, 2008 at 11:59pm..hehehe ;-)

Anything else you would like to add: We had only been really dating (not official) for about a month before my brother died, and then my brother committed suicide, and I thought he was going to leave me since we werent official and stuff, but he WOULD not leave my side and has been there to support me ever since, and I could not ask for a better future fiance :) Oh and I should point that I was antimarriage for my entire life until I met him..my previous crazy ex always would talk about getting married and id tell him to go to hell.. my parents were married and divorced twice.. TO EACH OTHER.. so as you can see didnt have that guy role model relationship and when my I met my bf after about 3 months something hit me and I knew I wanted to marry him, thats how I knew he was the one :) and yay... :)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results