shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phawk

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!! I have been lurking on PS for quite some time. I learned about PS from a co-worker and I just absolutely LOVE it here!!! I''ve learned a lot about diamonds and just think the people here are great!

Ok, ladies, here I go:
Me: 28
Him: 30
Started dating: June 30, 2002
How you met: His best friend was dating one of my friends… that’s how we got introduced!
Moved in together: We bought a townhouse together October 15, 2004
Expected engagement date: Not soon enough… I guess I’m getting the itch!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Phawk! You''re in good company here! LOL. I can''t speak for the collective, but I look forward to getting to know you as well. :) Grab a cosmo from Appletini, kick your feet up & get comfy! hehe.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
How do I post a picture. I have it in Word.

hellokitty

Rough_Rock
Hello girls, i just added myself to the LIW list and im here to give you a little info about me :)
ME: Anne Marie 23, Nursing student
HIM: Jeffrey 31, Pharmacist
Started dating: Oct 7, 2001
How we met: We worked together for about a year, then one day i put my info( phone number, screename ) on his palm pilot, started talking online, decided to go to lunch one day, and we''ve been together ever since
Expected engagement date: July, 2004 / Oct 2004/ X-mas ''04.... Valentines day??.... um, ok lets try for my graduation in May-- yeah, that sounds good to me!
Anything else?: Im just an anxious girl, patiently awaiting for my honey bunny to ask me that one question, im still in school, will be graduating this year, so i mean im not in THAT much of a rush, but you know the pressure is on by everyone! ... I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site, i have learned sooo much, it has turned me into a diamond monster!! Im always hanging around here every chance i get-- mabye even a little too much, but this is me, thanks for letting me share :)

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good, you were able to post your picture
36.gif

Adorable! Thanks for posting!!

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
We are already engaged and getting married in about six weeks.

Me: 27
Him: 29
Started Dating: July 2002
Engaged: February 14, 2004
How we met: We met at work and started playing racquetball together. Then, we went out one weekend and were inseperable ever since!
Wedding Date: April 30, 2005

Copy of Sean & Windy.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Me: Katherine, 22, Psychology/ Human Development
Him: Jeffrey, 22, Mechanical Engineering
Started dating: February, 20th, 2001
How you met: I was dating a friend of ours and we became friends. About three months later my mother had a baby and he was always over helping me baby sit the new one and my brother…. (we originally met because he was in my physics class and my American legal class….we are both kind of nerdy)
Expected engagement date: Soon….I hope. We graduate in May of 2006 and I am hoping to go on a get my PhD he wants to get married before I go to grad school I think we ought to wait until I am done.
Anything else you want to add?: I would post a picture but I am in Rochester right now and all of the pictures are of me… no Jeffrey! I will post one when I get to NJ. It is so nice to know that I am not the only girl with pretty shiny disease!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this thread... ooops!

ME: 34
HIM: 37
STARTED DATING: Feb 2, 2001
HOW WE MET: We used to work for the same retail chain starting back in 1995. He noticed me and thought I was cute( he''s a slim Irish guy and liked full-figured black women) I had no idea who he was until we worked in the same store in 1998. I left the company in late 1998 and he worked up the nerve to get my number from a mutual friend/co-worker in fall 1999! (painfully shy, he was) Spent the next getting to know each other and going out with groups of friends. Didn''t have a first ''official'' date until he said he wanted to get his ears pierced and would I go with him? I said sure. Our first date was getting pierced together(though mine was not my ears!)
EXPECTED ENGAGEMENT DATE: Apparently, this year, so he says. HE said on New Year''s that we would be engaged this year, but haven''t gone ring browsing or anything close to it.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome ladies! I hope we can help you enjoy your stay in the Ladies in Waiting club!

windy - You guys are so cute!!!! It''s nice to see who you''re talking to on here! I hope your last-minute plans are going well. Don''t forget to schedule a massage for yourself!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Realized this thread hadn''t been bumped in a while.....if there are any new LIW, feel free to fill us in!!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hellooooo....not a LIW anymore but thought I would post and introduce myself!!

35.gif

Me: 22
Him:28
Started dating: July of 2003
How we met: Match.com- he lived in Dallas I was in Houston, our mutual love of Whataburger brought us together and we haven''t been apart since. Our third date he flew me out to Vegas to meet his WHOLE fam and I knew that was it!
emteeth.gif

Engagement Date: July 25th, 2004 ( our One year anniversary he took me to the same spot, Voodoo lounge and proposed the first place he told me he loved me
30.gif
)
Wedding Date: August 13th 2005

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yippee! Buena Girl is my hero! She fixed my pictures so I could post them!
Picture 1) Jeffery and I when we first started dating at the Knoxville Zoo
Picture 2) Jeffery and I standing on the downstairs porch of my parents house this past thanksgiving.
Yes we are both kind of nerdy, I think he looks cuter with his glasses.... He makes me so happy.
emlove.gif
These are the pictures that I have in the locket he gave me for our four year anniversry, so I can see where we started and where we were. He is the most wonderful BF ever....I miss him but I will see him in another month.
9.gif
Anyway this is us.

jevkls.JPG

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 24, social worker
Him: 25, kitchen/bathroom designer
Met on: October 23, 1999
Engaged on: December 8, 2004
Wedding Date: October 1, 2005
How we met: Well since I was only 18 and recently started college, I was ready to be single for awhile. My good friend was going on a date w/ a guy se hardly knew and asked me to go along to check things out. I refused to be the "3rd wheel", so her date also brought along a friend. The friend ended up being Jesse...and we have been together for the last 5 1/2 years!

piaandyeti.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ya''ll are soo cute!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2005 6:41:13 PM
Author: Strawdermangrl
Hellooooo....not a LIW anymore but thought I would post and introduce myself!!

35.gif

Me: 22
Him:28
Started dating: July of 2003
How we met: Match.com- he lived in Dallas I was in Houston, our mutual love of Whataburger brought us together and we haven''t been apart since. Our third date he flew me out to Vegas to meet his WHOLE fam and I knew that was it!
emteeth.gif

Engagement Date: July 25th, 2004 ( our One year anniversary he took me to the same spot, Voodoo lounge and proposed the first place he told me he loved me
30.gif
)
Wedding Date: August 13th 2005

Wait, so do you guys live in Houston now?

Also, your fiance - was he raised in Vegas . . . because I was too, and he''s only a year younger than me . . . and I''m in Dallas now, my SO is from Houston. Creepy.
9.gif

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Me: Jamie 22
Him: Billy 25
Location: Houston, TX (far away from home-I''m originally from Ohio and he''s a South Carolina boy that''s a Texan
7.gif
)
Started Dating: April 1, 2003 (not it wasn''t an April Fool''s Joke that we ended up together
20.gif
)
How you met: "In college" -long story and I''ll spare you from passing out due to boredom
9.gif

Expected Engagement: I was hoping for yesterday (that''s how ready I am
9.gif
) but we''re designing the engagement ring together so we''re doing all the leg work as a duo. Once we''re finished with the ring, then it''s all up to him to work on the proposal. So, I''m hoping some of you guys can give him a little help in the "creative" part of the proposal!
9.gif
I''ll be sure to send him this way when the time comes!

Anything Else You Want To Add?? There was something different about him but I just couldn''t put my finger on it and it took me a while to finally realize what it was....I loved him! You know what I''m talking about. That "butterfly in the tummy" feeling everytime I got to see him or talk to him and rushing home and spending all night on the phone and counting down the days until my next flight to Texas. We tried the flying back and forth but it got too much and we couldn''t stand to be apart so I took the plunge and became a Texan! YEEEHAWWW! I just finally woke up one day and realized that I couldn''t image my life without him in it and couldn''t wait to start the rest of our lives together. The minute I teared up thinking about if he wasn''t in my life I knew the love bug had sank his fangs in me and I couldn''t get away this time! I thank my lucky stars each and every day for God to have blessed me with my best friend and soul mate! I can''t wait to be the future Mrs. D
9.gif
!!

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Me: Laurie....29....Paralegal....soon to be college grad for the third time around

Him: Dan....27....Medical Records Analyst

Location: Me: Maryland Dan Virginia (2.5 hours away)...moving to Hilton Head in a few months..together! (finally)

Started Dating: March 20, 1999
How you met: Online

Expected Engagement: I was hoping for yesterday LOL true! I hope within the next few weeks but we shall see what he has in the works.

Anything Else You Want To Add?? I am so glad that I found this forum. Ya’ll are wonderful! I for some reason can’t post a photo, don’t know what the heck I am doing wrong….it keeps saying an error occurred….. I will keep working on it though!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Diamond Princess and beautifuldisaster!

BTW, two of the most common problems with posting pictures are: that the name of the photo is not unique or that the file size exceeds 100 kb. Try adding numbers (i.e. renaming your photo to something like BD050505.jpg) to create a unique filename. If it still won''t upload into Pricescope, then try this (It is the info I sent to Matatora.):

Here''s the easiest way I know of to reduce the kb of files:
1. Copy the photo to your desktop so that there is an icon on your computer screen.
2. Hover your mouse pointer arrow over the icon and wait for the info to pop up. It should tell you the kb of the picture. If the info does not pop up, then you need to click on an empty area on your screen to like clear out what the pointer has in its memory. Then hover over the icon and the info should pop up.
3. If it is more than 100 kb, click on the icon so that the picture opens up. You should see the picture and a bunch of little icons along the bottom.
4. Click on the one that looks like a little painting. On my computer, it is between the icon of a floppy disk and the icon of the question mark. This will open your photo in PAINT.
5. Click on "Image" and then "Stretch/Skew"
6. A box will appear with Stretch and horizontal and vertical percentages. It should start at 100% in both boxes.
7. Type in a number lower than 100 and type the same number in both the Horizontal and the Vertical % boxes. If you do not type the same number in both boxes, then your picture might get messed up and distorted.
8. Leave the Skew at zero degrees for both the horizontal and vertical.
9. Click "OK" and you should see your picture shrink down. Keep reducing your picture until you like how it looks, both quality and size. In PAINT, the size of the picture it displays is exactly how big it will look when you post it on Pricescope. I really like that!! When I''ve used other programs, they''ve never worked like that. I had no idea how big or small my picture would be when I posted it on Pricescope.
10. Click on "File" then "Save". And then Exit out of PAINT or close the window.
11. Hover over the icon of your photo JPG, and if it is now less than 100 kb, than you are golden and ready to post on pscope!

Hope this helps! I apologize if the directions are too basic or elementary. It''s just the way I do things. I like everything written out very simply and covering everything that I need to do so that I don''t forget any details.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
thanks so much buena girl!!! i appreciate it and will give that a whirl!

take care :)

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Howdy Buena!
35.gif

It''s so awesome hearing everyone''s story! Someday I''ll get a picture up for ya''ll!
37.gif
Until then, keep em'' coming!

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Jamie! i do believe that you are the fabulous whiteflash employee who has been helping my bf w/ my ring!
36.gif

pea

Rough_Rock
Me: Pea, 25, Hobo/Perpetual Student
Him: Carrot, 29, Mechanical Engineer
Started dating: June 14, 2000
How you met: We met in university. I developed a crush on him when we started hanging out in the summer. Through the miracle of inebriation, I let him know I was interested. *Insert sexy tiger growl and curled paw swipe* We had our first date a couple days later.
Expected engagement date: Sometime in 2005
Anything else you want to add?: Um, top secret, but my name isn''t really Pea. And my bf isn''t really a root vegetable.

Misato-san

Rough_Rock
well...
here''s it goes ...

Me: Misa, 25
Him: "Alive" 24
Started dating: November 25, 2001
How you met: Anime club at University of Dayton. He was the president at the time, and I was his secretary lol.

Expected engagement date: Hmm, hard to say, but hopefully I won''t be waiting for too long. He let me know about a month ago that he went with a buddy to look at some rings and now wanted my input. I hadn''t really thought about what I wanted at that time, so I started browsing online. I''m so happy to be able to involved in every aspect of picking out my ring. Maybe he''s even leaning on me a bit too much. I find myself telling him "that''s YOUR job" cuz he keeps askin me where he should bring me to go look at stuff in person.

Anything else you want to add?: I love this forum. I''ve learned so much from it and its been such a valuable resource. I enjoy reading all the proposal stories and looking at beautiful rings. :D

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the LIW Misato-san and Pea
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
*BUMP!*
35.gif

phylao

Rough_Rock
Me: Pam, 28
Him: W, 29
Started dating: June 12, 2004
How you met: asianavenue.com
Expected engagement date: soon?
Anything else you want to add?: I am new here, and learned a lot about diamonds and other ppl''s stories :D

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Janna, 25
Him: Derrick, 33
Location: Lubbock, Texas but are moving to San Jose, CA in July
Started dating: November 20, 2002
How you met: on a Southwest Airlines flight in the exit row
Expected engagement date: with the year, I think...

Janna  Derrick- 2004-very small.jpg

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
welcome ladies!
35.gif

You all look so cute together!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Awe, Rock Chick- where''s your flasher kitty avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results