shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL, Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Same with David Archuletta.
I don''t like it when he does upbeat songs at all.
What I crave is to close my eyes and forget he''s 17 and just listen to his very controlled voice and it''s heart melting variances on a note in perfect tone.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t watch TV. I go to the IDOL website and watch their performance video. I figured I can get an unbiased opinion that way...My conclusion thus far is that I cannot stand David Archuleta, and I love David Cook. The rest don''t stick to my memory. Then I saw the reviews, and I was surprised that everyone loves DA...I guess I have a weird taste. I have to say, I agree with who''s being going home thus far.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 9:36:16 AM
Author: Starset Princess
Brooke White and Kristy Lee Cook
Thanks Starset, that sounds about right!

DD

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I don''t know who is going to go this time. I feel like that was the best night as a group so far.
Did anyone else recogonize Jason''s version of Over the rainbow from 50 First Dates (Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler)??
I realy liked it!
Oh and I think Seyesha did great, But David Cook not so much as he has been!!
I''m stumped this week, who do you guys think it will be?

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 8:36:50 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Wow! I don''t know who is going to go this time. I feel like that was the best night as a group so far.
Did anyone else recogonize Jason''s version of Over the rainbow from 50 First Dates (Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler)??
I realy liked it!

THAT''S was it was from! That was totally bugging me last night. I loved it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I realy liked it!
And I had to miss it.
39.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 8:47:10 AM
Author: 777_LDY

I realy liked it!

THAT''S was it was from! That was totally bugging me last night. I loved it!

A wonderful Hawaiian singer named Iz (last name is really long and not something I can pull out of the air) -- so worth the download.

It was also played on ER when Mark Green died.

Topic -- I know I need to duck, but I''m really creeped out by young David A. Loved Jason''s performance. Everyone else? Meh. Ironic that I wasn''t really inspired by inspiration week.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 8:52:58 AM
Author: jas

A wonderful Hawaiian singer named Iz (last name is really long and not something I can pull out of the air) -- so worth the download.

It was also played on ER when Mark Green died.

Topic -- I know I need to duck, but I''m really creeped out by young David A. Loved Jason''s performance. Everyone else? Meh. Ironic that I wasn''t really inspired by inspiration week.

I can''t take David A. serious. He just looks sooooo young to me and he gets this goofy grin after his performance that just makes me want to give him milk & cookies or something?? Wierd I know, maybe it''s because I have 3 sons myself...

33.gif

Last night was the first night I didn''t have to change the channel for Christy''s performance.

Did anyone catch the end of David Cook''s performance when he had "give back" written on his hand and flashed it to the camera with his "attitude eyes." I nearly died when I saw Simon''s face in the backround! He literally rolled his eyes and started laughing! I think he knew he got cought on camera because when he commented about it he said it was a very nice thing to do. I really don''t think David means to come off as cocky but now I can see why they have said that in the past.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Jas- yes on ER! I knew I had heard it another time! Good call!

Unfortunately, I am starting to feel the same way about David A, he just gets goofy... I have to remind myself how young he is!

Another thing I have noticed over the last few weeks is how they have softened up Carly by doing her makeup really well. I thought she (not the outfit) looked gorgeous last night. I think it really helps to soften her up with all those tats...

777 - My bf usually leaves the room when Christy sings, he says it's too painful, but she did good last night! I was pleasantly surprised!

So again... Who is going home??

And... Do any of you actually vote?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I thought David Cook was absolutely horrid last night. When he flashed his hand, that was the icing on the cake. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Carly looked very beautiful - whatever they did different with her makeup, she looked beautiful!!!

I swear, if Randy EVER started a critique without saying ''it was a little pitchy....'' I''d roll over and die right then and there! I yell at the TV "SHUT UP Randy!!!" Gah!

My sis and I were watching. David A. did not lick his lips once during the whole performance. Think maybe he was hypnotized to stop?

I though Syesha sang the heck outta the song. Sure, it was no Fantasia, but had I never heard that version, she did awesome!

My vote for going home? Even though she did a good job? Krispy the Kage Fighter, and if not, Michael Johns because it was forgettable.

And No, I don''t vote. Okay, I did call a few times to keep Amanda alive her last week, but that''s it.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I don't vote, but I send evil brain waves to certain contestants.

I think Carly may be in trouble due to what Simon said, My guess for bottom three is Michael Johns, Syesha and Carly, with Syesha going home? Maybe?

Then again, I doubt this is an elimination week. That's not inspiring.

Did anyone else see the "Lick those lips" sign? Ew

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really disagreed with the judges a LOT last night! I thought that it was the best week for the group overall, and I''m having trouble picking who I want to go home too! (I don''t vote). I''d LIKE to see David A. go home, I''m just finding him boring, but I don''t think there''s a chance he''ll even be in the bottom 3. I really like Michael, but I have a feeling he might be in trouble, along with Carly.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 12:14:33 PM
I thought David Cook was absolutely horrid last night. When he flashed his hand, that was the icing on the cake. I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Carly looked very beautiful - whatever they did different with her makeup, she looked beautiful!!!

I swear, if Randy EVER started a critique without saying ''it was a little pitchy....'' I''d roll over and die right then and there! I yell at the TV ''SHUT UP Randy!!!'' Gah!

My sis and I were watching. David A. did not lick his lips once during the whole performance. Think maybe he was hypnotized to stop?

I though Syesha sang the heck outta the song. Sure, it was no Fantasia, but had I never heard that version, she did awesome!

My vote for going home? Even though she did a good job? Krispy the Kage Fighter, and if not, Michael Johns because it was forgettable.

And No, I don''t vote. Okay, I did call a few times to keep Amanda alive her last week, but that''s it.
LOL... me too. The pseudo-heartfelt look on his face made me literally shudder. Up until that, he''d actually been growing on me in the past few weeks...

I love Jason Castro. I truly enjoy his performance every week, even when the judges are critical. I can see how his style''s not for everyone, but it sure works for me. I''d gladly purchase his CD, and I don''t know that I''ve said that about any American Idol in the past.

Syesha REALLY need to work on her song choices, in my non-expert opinion... she has a beautiful voice, but why does she keep picking songs that force people to compare her to such legendary singers? She''s either a glutton for punishment, or naive/arrogant enough to think she''s really going to do the song better. I don''t get it.

Loved David A. at first, but I''ve rapidly lost interest the past few weeks. He has a flawless voice, but I don''t think his personality is developed enough yet to be the stuff idols are made of. Flawless is boring, sometimes.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
32.gif
33.gif
39.gif
38.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2008 12:03:40 AM
Author: LAJennifer
23.gif
32.gif
33.gif
39.gif
38.gif
I couln''t agree with you more
38.gif
39.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Although I''m sad, I''m not surprised. I think Simon does influence the voting more than he should. I don''t think he should be able to say things like "you might be in trouble this week."

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I really got hooked on Michael Johns when he sang Bohemian Rhapsody in Hollywood week. BUt honestly... Since then he has not really done anthing amazing... He''s been good, but not fantastic. He isn''t great a picking songs. He may have a future though, he does have that rock n roll blues thing going on... He couls have a career in a small version of JAmes Blunt or Damien Rice... Who knows. But I am shocked how Kristy is hanging in there!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else think Kristy Leigh Cook''s song sounded WAY too oldfashioned this week? I think she and Brook might be in trouble. As much as I love Brook, she really doesn''t have the voice to pull off a Mariah song. I really loved that this was the theme though, I LOVE all of Mariah''s songs, from the 80''s to present! I really loved Carly!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Did you guys see the diamond encrusted microphone that Mariah sang with tonight? !!!
30.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2008 9:46:15 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
Did you guys see the diamond encrusted microphone that Mariah sang with tonight? !!!
30.gif
30.gif
I did, and my 3 year old daughter and I could not stop talking about how pretty it was!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2008 9:46:15 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
30.gif
30.gif
Yup! Only the sparkliest for Miss Mariah! I loved that not only was the mike encrusted, so was the stand! I wanted to see close-ups of her earrings...but sadly I didn''t see any. I''ll have to review tonight''s episode again in case I missed a closer view.

Does anyone think the guy who bought Kristy''s horse will take pity on her now and sell her horse back to her? I feel worse for her horse than I do for her....she did, after all "make it past the top 10."
20.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Somehow I totally missed the mic! Boo! But I couldn''t help being distracted by the fact that Paula had on what looked to be a gorgeous necklace, but it was half covered by a scarf AND a big fake flower. Yuck.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i watched it while i was studying last night (thank god for tivo!) and i thought David Cook did AMAZING seriously i got chills

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think the wrong person got voted off last night.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 11:00:39 AM
I think the wrong person got voted off last night.
I've been rooting for her to go home since the top 12--she just doesn't have the voice or consistency that most of the others do. She was smart, I'll give her that. She knew how to sell what she did have (country, all-american appeal) instead of trying to fake what she didn't (stellar pitch, ha).

However, in terms of this week, she was not the worst. I have no idea where it came from... if they had her working with a good vocal coach (finally!) or if she just pulled her nerves together, but I'd even go so far as to say that she sounded good. Blasphemy!

Brooke had the worst performance of the two. There's no arguing that. But, based on past performances (not the current week), it was more than time for Kristy Lee to go home.

I didn't like David Archuleta this week. It's not that he didn't sing it well--just that his performance was too much vampy ending and not enough melody. Plus, it was practically a carbon copy of the runs Mariah/Whitney did in the original. I mean, come ON!

David Cook--the arrangement was fantastic and I enjoyed it, until the totally unnecessary freebie ending
20.gif
good grief. He just threw it in there for effect... it probably fit with some other permutation of the song that he'd tried, but it did NOT fit with what he performed on Tuesday.

I thought that Jason Castro did well, but I didn't understand why he didn't include the little bit from the clip, it sounded good. His style is very specific, so I never feel like I can critique him vocally... he's not there to be a singer, he's there to be a performer.

Pegging Carly's performance as boring was unfair, IMO, it's the song that's boring--not her performance of it.

Syesha was and will always be my favorite, vocally. She has the best and most consistent vocals of anyone on the show. She's not exploring different arrangement options (a la D.Cook) or setting a different performance standard for the year (a la Jason Castro/Brooke White... singer/songwriter vibe vs. pop singer vibe), but she is always spot on with her pitch and her voice is clear and strong--things that can't be said for any of the other contestants. By the standards set for the competition, she should win. She won't, though.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad she's gone too...wasn't she the one complaining about being sick the first week?! That's when I was ready for her to go.
1.gif

Oh yeah, and does anyone think she and Simon had a really creepy thing going on??? Last night there was a really strong "I'll totally sleep with you if you give me record deal" thing. Ew.
14.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Musey, don't get me wrong, Krispy the Kage Fighter needed to go home at some point. But I am impressed at how much improvement she's shown over the last few weeks. No more, oh Kristy's singing so I'll go move the clothes from the washer to the dryer.

But especially at the end of performance night when they flash through seven second soundbites of each person's performance, they'd get to Brooke and my ears just went "Ouuuuccccchhhhh - Yuck!"

I suppose it was going to be hard for Brooke anyway because it is MC night and her voice is going to be compared to MCs and Brooke is the least "singer" of all of them. She would have only been successful if she completely changed up her song, which of course she didn't.

What is next week's theme? I'd almost pick her to go home next week already.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I sadly think Brooke might go next week too...it''s too bad that all the young girls that watch LOOOOVE David Archuleta and keep him in there. I''m done with him too.
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
When David A sang "Imagine" my heart melted. Pretty much since then his performances have been pretty lame.

Yep, whenever David comes on stage, the girls react in the audience like a litter of freaking mewing kittens!
THOSE are the people who are speed dialing the winners!
I''m afraid he will win unless the adults start dialing in waves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results