shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL, Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I am a David Archuleta fan through and through. What I think I like most about him is that he chooses songs based on the messages that he feels are timely and important, even if it isn''t necessarily show casing his range of talent. His interpretation of songs is bone chilling at times. But I do want him to spice it up. I looked when he sang "Shop Around" because the boy has sooooo much soul to his voice. I love his rhythm and his choice of melody. It just resonates with me.

I think Syesha is going to give him a run for his money if he doesn''t step it up in the final weeks. She didn''t get a fair shake from the judges when she did her version of "I will always love you" which I thought was phenomenal.

David Cook does nothing for me. I dunno, just not my style of music, although he is talented.

Carly could potentially have the best vocals, but she just doesn''t let loose and pick the right songs to showcase her voice.

Jason is Jason. I would like to see him mix it up too. But it''s a bit like expecting Jack Johnson to do something other than Jack Johnson.

Brooke is just a new version of Carole King, but not quite as talented. I think she has potential, but this week will be a big test for all the contestants. Big band is a make it or break it. This was the genre that Kelly Clarkson sealed the deal for her eventual crowning. She was awesome and nobody has yet to rise to the level of that performance she did.

I am an American Idol junkie. But you won''t get me to go to rehab, I''l just say no, no, no...
31.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
PEOPLE ... I don''t wanna beg ... but a pair of bezel studs could be on the line. (DH & I have a bet on the outcome & he gave me phat odds)

VOTE JASON CASTRO!!!!!!!

36.gif

That is all.
2.gif

P.s. -- ah, who am I kidding. I have more to say. The Davids BUG THE HECK outta me. Mr. POSER & Mr. CLOYING ... Senor SMUG and Master LICK-US-LIP-TICUS. Beh-lech.
14.gif
And, though I liked Brooke earlier in the season, her talking over the judges and aw-shucks-yes-I-s*cked hoo-hah is all kinds of
20.gif
. Who''s left? Screamy McTatoozafats? Soon-To-Be-The-Face-of-Cover-Girl-Bronzing-Powder-yisha?

VOTE JASON CASTRO!!!!! For the love of BLING!!!
9.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2008 1:41:34 PM
Author: decodelighted
PEOPLE ... I don''t wanna beg ... but a pair of bezel studs could be on the line. (DH & I have a bet on the outcome & he gave me phat odds)

VOTE JASON CASTRO!!!!!!!

36.gif

That is all.
2.gif

P.s. -- ah, who am I kidding. I have more to say. The Davids BUG THE HECK outta me. Mr. POSER & Mr. CLOYING ... Senor SMUG and Master LICK-US-LIP-TICUS. Beh-lech.
14.gif
And, though I liked Brooke earlier in the season, her talking over the judges and aw-shucks-yes-I-s*cked hoo-hah is all kinds of
20.gif
. Who''s left? Screamy McTatoozafats? Soon-To-Be-The-Face-of-Cover-Girl-Bronzing-Powder-yisha?

VOTE JASON CASTRO!!!!! For the love of BLING!!!
9.gif

Being a musical theatre actress - I actually thought Jason Castro was the best. Musical theatre is supposed to tell a story while invoking pathos from the audience (the spectator "feels" what the character "feels"). Jason took me back 9 years ago to the final days of my beloved siamese cat, Sampson. I bawled my eyes out - then rewound the DVR to feel it again. Heck, I''m still crying.
39.gif

Concerning the rest of the contestants - "I felt... nothing."

Perhaps Sondheim would have been better.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked Jason''s performance tonight, but I don''t feel like he did anything phenomenal with Memory. I like him enough that I would keep voting for him though, if I were voting at this point in the game. One caveat: if I were him, I never would have admitted that I hadn''t seen any of the ALW musicals!

Brooke White, you are SO going home. That performance was ridiculous, and she is so going home.

David Archuletta actually redeemed himself in my eyes tonight with his version of Think of Me..he made it contemporary and it almost matched the emotion he put into Imagine. I was kind of impressed that he kept his eyes open!

Carly gets 10 points for wearing something that said "superstar" for once, and she did a fair enough job of the song to carry it all off. Like Randy sometimes says, I wasn''t mad at her. I could''ve done without the blue tee shirt at the end, though.

Syesha...yeah, she was sexy, yeah, she sang well and performed well and she could do Broadway. I just wasn''t feeling it.

David Cook...well, you all know how I feel about him. I don''t think he''s a Broadway star, but he did a pretty good job with The Music of the Night and my mind was definitely taking journeys through a strange new world. I loved it. He proved that his voice is well rounded, smug and arrogant personality or not. *swoon.*

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 1:20:37 AM
Author: monarch64
I liked Jason's performance tonight, but I don't feel like he did anything phenomenal with Memory. I like him enough that I would keep voting for him though, if I were voting at this point in the game. One caveat: if I were him, I never would have admitted that I hadn't seen any of the ALW musicals!

Brooke White, you are SO going home. That performance was ridiculous, and she is so going home.

David Archuletta actually redeemed himself in my eyes tonight with his version of Think of Me..he made it contemporary and it almost matched the emotion he put into Imagine. I was kind of impressed that he kept his eyes open!

Carly gets 10 points for wearing something that said 'superstar' for once, and she did a fair enough job of the song to carry it all off. Like Randy sometimes says, I wasn't mad at her. I could've done without the blue tee shirt at the end, though.

Syesha...yeah, she was sexy, yeah, she sang well and performed well and she could do Broadway. I just wasn't feeling it.

David Cook...well, you all know how I feel about him. I don't think he's a Broadway star, but he did a pretty good job with The Music of the Night and my mind was definitely taking journeys through a strange new world. I loved it. He proved that his voice is well rounded, smug and arrogant personality or not. *swoon.*

I agree that Jason was short phenomenal and the vocal wasn't the best - but he made me feel something and that is the whole point of musical theatre. I thought Syesha sounded great but, as usual, there was "something" missing. David Cook is probably the most versatile and I actually could see him on Broadway. David A. sounds the same every week - seriously, it seems like he sings the same song over and over. Carly looked comfortable, for once. Brooke's number is up - me thinks.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang it, I got home just as they were critiqueing Brooke. It didn''t sound like good performance. I didn''t think Carly did that phenomenal of a job. Jesus Christ Superstar was the first Broadway show my Dad took me to, and I must have gone through 3 albums because I kept wearing them out. I thought she should have picked. "He''s just a man...and I''ve had so many...men before...in many ways...he''s just one more". Or even the King Herod song. I have noticed that Carly gets lost in the amount of background vocals she relies on. It bugs me. I was disappointed in the fact that David A didn''t choose an upbeat song. The guy shines on up tempo soulful songs instead of depressing ballads.

I am going to have to YouTube Brookes and Syesha''s performance because I didn''t get home in time to watch them perform.

Regardliess of what hype the show made of this years contestants, I still think the first show had the best talented, vocal wise.

I suppose that most of you are right on this one. Brooke is probably going home tomorrow night.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I DID NOT like Jason Castro''s performance last night. His reaction after he was done singing was even worse, like he admitted he was trying to fake emotion he didn''t feel in the song. I think he will be in the bottom 3 this week, but I would put money on Brook going home. I thought the rest of the contestants did well, but I honestly wasn''t blown away by anyone. I think Syesha should focus on being a broadway star, not a pop singer with a recording contract. I thought David Cook sang well, and I do enjoy his voice, but I wouldn''t want to pay to hear him sing those kind of songs.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh. I thought the entire show was a steaming pile of meh.

I thought Carly and David C were the best tonight. I still can''t stands me that lil David A., but I will give him credit for doing something new to the song. What on earth was Jason C smokin?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Yeah sorry Deco - I''m all for bezel studs, but not at the expense of "Memories"
14.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2008 10:01:15 AM
Author: jas
Ugh. I thought the entire show was a steaming pile of meh.

I thought Carly and David C were the best tonight. I still can''t stands me that lil David A., but I will give him credit for doing something new to the song. What on earth was Jason C smokin?
ALW didn''t look too thrilled when they brought him onstage at the end, either! (Like, I wouldn''t hire any of these guys for my show....)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, did you see his face after David A. sang? It was like what the h@ll did you just do to my song
14.gif
14.gif
!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Poor Brooke. The whole show just got really somber when she restarted.
40.gif
I know my jaw was dropped!

As soon as I heard they were doing ALW, I wanted David C to do Music of the Night, but like Gerard Butler in the movie, I was just meh about it.

Seems like everyone is kinda tapering off in talent. I hope Jason wins, though I can''t tell if he really wants to!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was actually really sad over the results tonight! First time this season, actually any season, I sort of had tears in my eyes.
38.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I only saw the last minute, who else was in the bottom 3 with Syesha and Carley? I totally disagree with the results, but what can ya do?

jas

Brilliant_Rock
There was only a bottom two this week.

Apparently, this is what happens when tweens have unlimited texting.
20.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 8:24:19 AM

20.gif
Do you think it would be fairer/a different result if everyone was limited to 10 votes per phone number?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreadlock boy got lucky again.
20.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 8:42:42 AM
Author: Starset Princess

20.gif
Do you think it would be fairer/a different result if everyone was limited to 10 votes per phone number?
That''s an interesting question. I have to say I have long given up the notion that this is "fair" or even a voting contest. I believe that ultimately the voting is a marketing tool to show to potential advertisers.

I don''t think either Syesha or Carly would have won, but this was not the week to vote either off.

I''m just tired of the tweenies in the mosh pit, I think.

I''m also just cranky this morning. Hard to tell, no?
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
20.gif
Um, and when 40 yr. old media professionals let their "wine fingers" do the dialing ... again and again and again ... for an hour!
31.gif

I''m not ashamed ... I like Jason ... I think he SHOULD win & I''m not a screaming tween. The Davids CREEP ME OUT and none of the remaining girls are even CLOSE to prior idols in terms of talent OR charisma. We''re talking about pop music anyhoo. This has always been a POP IDOL contest. Music purists & voice coaches etc are NOT THE AUDIENCE FOR POP MUSIC. Let the audience that''s gonna buy the CD''s decide! They''ll be gobbling up the merch at the same rate they are texting and its a win for the ECONOMY.
1.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 9:42:14 AM

20.gif
Um, and when 40 yr. old media professionals let their ''wine fingers'' do the dialing ... again and again and again ... for an hour!
31.gif

I''m not ashamed ... I like Jason ... I think he SHOULD win & I''m not a screaming tween. The Davids CREEP ME OUT and none of the remaining girls are even CLOSE to prior idols in terms of talent OR charisma. We''re talking about pop music anyhoo. This has always been a POP IDOL contest. Music purists & voice coaches etc are NOT THE AUDIENCE FOR POP MUSIC. Let the audience that''s gonna buy the CD''s decide! They''ll be gobbling up the merch at the same rate they are texting and its a win for the ECONOMY.
1.gif
Okey doke.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 9:18:29 AM
I''m just tired of the tweenies in the mosh pit, I think.

I''m also just cranky this morning. Hard to tell, no?
3.gif
Yeah, their swaying side to side with their hands up during slow ballads......... gets under my skin.

Maybe I''m cranky, too
40.gif

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2008 9:42:14 AM

20.gif

Um, and when 40 yr. old media professionals let their ''wine fingers'' do the dialing ... again and again and again ... for an hour!
31.gif

1.gif

Another Jason fan here
36.gif
- - - I wasn''t really feeling his version of Memory - I felt that it lacked that POWERFUL voice that the song was meant for, but after saying that, I truly feel that he is one of the best on the show - I like his Jack Johnson vibe.

As for the two David''s - I have to ditto deco on the creepiness of the two - One is too cheesy, the other is too smug...

After last night, I''m pretty shocked to see Carly go home before Brooke or Syesha. She annoyed me to no end, but I felt that she had gobs of talent, but didn''t quite know how to utilize it...

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I actually dig David Cooke... BUT I <3 JASON CASTRO!

I bought his songs on itunes!

I haven''t convinced my FI yet to let me play any of them at our wedding, hehe.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 8:52:58 AM

Date: 4/9/2008 8:47:10 AM
Author: 777_LDY

Date: 4/9/2008 8:36:50 AM
Author: CrookedRock
Wow! I don''t know who is going to go this time. I feel like that was the best night as a group so far.
Did anyone else recogonize Jason''s version of Over the rainbow from 50 First Dates (Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler)??
I realy liked it!
Oh and I think Seyesha did great, But David Cook not so much as he has been!!
I''m stumped this week, who do you guys think it will be?

THAT''S was it was from! That was totally bugging me last night. I loved it!

A wonderful Hawaiian singer named Iz (last name is really long and not something I can pull out of the air) -- so worth the download.

It was also played on ER when Mark Green died.

Topic -- I know I need to duck, but I''m really creeped out by young David A. Loved Jason''s performance. Everyone else? Meh. Ironic that I wasn''t really inspired by inspiration week.
His name was Israel ''Iz'' Kamakawiwoʻole.

My friend walked down the aisle to his version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XhMANcCbM

It''s beautiful.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I was sad and totally shocked about Carly, but really, the tattooed ''rocker'' would not have won. Sad but true. Look at the kids who are voting! They wanna see the cute boy every week. Ugh.
20.gif
Dumb.

At this point though, I''m sure they''ll all go somewhere if they want to. Look at Daughtry, he''s the biggest selling Idol failure to date!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've never watched the show.. but after I heard the contestants had all sung ALW songs, I had to tune in. I grew up listening to his music and L-O-V-E him. Like, a lot. A whole lot.

So, I just watched the performances without any bias. The boys all bored me, with some of my favorite songs. It was just.. meh. I absolutely loved Seyesha's version of "One Rock and Roll Too Many." I actually liked the song much better than hearing several men sing it, like in Starling Express. And then I adored Carly singing Superstar. She rocked it out, and it was a fresh surprise.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2008 10:08:19 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I absolutely loved Seyesha's version of 'One Rock and Roll Too Many.' I actually liked the song much better than hearing several men sing it, like in Starling Express.
I think you mean Starlight Express
28.gif
(another who was raised on Andrew Lloyd Webber, but isn't such a fan as an adult...)

I'm glad to hear that your un-biased ears liked Syesha. She's been my favorite since Asia'h went home. By far the best vocals from that lil' lady!!
sing.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Shyesha was by faaaarrrrr the best with the Broadway tunes. I didn''t get the voting at all. It made me mad.
14.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2008 1:10:54 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Shyesha was by faaaarrrrr the best with the Broadway tunes. I didn''t get the voting at all. It made me mad.
14.gif
That''s how I''ve felt through the whole top 12 and onward. She''s consistently had the best vocals, she''s always spot-on, yet she almost always ends up in the bottom two.

It because the judges give her such "blah" feedback. A lot of people don''t know enough to judge for themselves, so they take whatever Paula/Randy/Simon say as gold. The label doesn''t want her to win--they already have someone for her target audience. They want a David Archuleta.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I am so over Idol. I was so in to it before Carly went home, but now I realize it is a complete popularity contest and absolutley not about talent. To be honest David Cook is the only one I would pay to see in concert at this point. Just my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results