shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL, Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 10:25:40 AM
Author: Cleopatra

Date: 5/15/2008 10:24:30 AM
Author: Ellen
I have no idea who will win, but I think David Cook should.

I agree Ellen - he''s just been more impressive throughout the entire season...
Yeah, he really has. David A is good, no doubt, be he seems so much more one dimensional, while the other David has so much more depth.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 10:47:40 AM

Yeah, he really has. David A is good, no doubt, be he seems so much more one dimensional, while the other David has so much more depth.
Agreed -- and seeing Fantasia last night reminded me how sorta dull this year was...love or hate her performance, it was hard to stop watching. Like a glorious wonderful train wreck. Loved Simon''s reaction to it.

Loves me some Cookie.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 10:56:31 AM
Author: jas

Date: 5/15/2008 10:47:40 AM

Agreed -- and seeing Fantasia last night reminded me how sorta dull this year was...love or hate her performance, it was hard to stop watching. Like a glorious wonderful train wreck. Loved Simon''s reaction to it.

Loves me some Cookie.
lol.gif
It. Was. Priceless.

And much like my own.
9.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I hope David Cook wins, but the voting audience may swing towards little David.

Whatever happened to the "Elvis" guy that won? I haven''t seen anything of him.
And I wonder why he wasn''t invited back to perform like Fantasia was?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Taylor Hicks? I believe his label just dropped him - ouch!

I liked Taylor - very interesting guy - he was my favorite that season...Although, I''m not surprised that he hasn''t made it "big" - his style isn''t "current" - it''s kind of like throw-back jazz - which i love.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
If David Cook doesn''t win, I''ll never watch again. he is by far the better talent out of any of them in this competition.

I was highly disappointed when Chris Daughtry didn''t win, if this happens again, I honestly will not watch.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think that David Cook is incredible. I have loved him from the first moment I heard him. He has a great talent for arranging and rearranging stuff we know to make it sound new and really current.

The thing that draws me is his charisma. I know that some don''t like his looks, and I''m not saying he''s fab or anything like that. It''s just that when he performs I find myself leaning toward the TV. It''s really just that simple for me. He draws me in.

shay

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2008 9:08:22 PM
Author: Shay37
I think that David Cook is incredible. I have loved him from the first moment I heard him. He has a great talent for arranging and rearranging stuff we know to make it sound new and really current.

The thing that draws me is his charisma. I know that some don''t like his looks, and I''m not saying he''s fab or anything like that. It''s just that when he performs I find myself leaning toward the TV. It''s really just that simple for me. He draws me in.

shay
Ditto!!!! I couldm''t have said it better, Shay. I have found DC a joy to watch almost every week this season, and I would love to see him win. Either way, he has a great career ahead of him. I was all about Taylor Hicks, I am kinda sad that he hasn''t done better with his career.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 9:08:22 PM

shay
Hey Miss Shay.
35.gif

I agree. And I just told my youngest the other day, he is the only one ever, that, should he go on to record (which he will almost undoubtedly do, whether he wins or not), I will actually go buy his music because I want to hear it.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this article on CNN about Taylor Hicks joining the Broadway cast of Grease! I''m glad he''s doing something and won''t completely disappear!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 12:49:14 PM
Author: dragonfly411
If David Cook doesn''t win, I''ll never watch again. he is by far the better talent out of any of them in this competition.

I was highly disappointed when Chris Daughtry didn''t win, if this happens again, I honestly will not watch.

hahaha, i stopped watching after chris daughtry got sent home and have just picked it back up again!! in the long run, though, i think it worked out for him, and for the same reasons, i don''t want david cook to win idol. think about it--the show picks the artist''s first release, right? that much control over the artist concerns me for a performer like cook. he''s just too good to get stuck performing some crap fluff song about a tattoo on a heart or whatever. on the other hand, if archie wins, cook will have complete freedom to do what he wants, and at this point, i have no doubt that we''ll be hearing more from him whether he wins or loses, so i''d rather hear more with him having had the freedom to do his own thing, if that makes any sense! cook''s by far my favorite--has been from day one--but i think archie''s got it in the bag. the teenyboppers love him!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Doodle, you and I think alike! I personally LOVE David Cook--I like edgier rock music and his voice and style fit the kind of music I like. I, for the same reasons as you, hope my Cookie loses next week so that he can retain the freedom to do what he wants to musically. I find that the winner has to follow waaaaay too many rules to be creatively involved in their music. Last year, I hoped for the same thing between Blake and Jordin. I liked Blake from the get-go. He had me with his Bon Jovi beatbox song. I like the song that the radio plays these days of his new song, but the first time I heard that tattoo crap from Jordin I kinda threw up in my mouth a little.

For those of you who DO like David Cook, I downloaded some of his songs from when he sang with Analog Heart--and in my opinion the music is really good. I think I would buy any album he put out. And call me even crazier here, but there is something about his look that while he is not poster boy model HOT, I think he''s a cutie in his own way. I am from Kansas City though--and know a few people that grew up with him, and believe it or not, he really isn''t an arrogant jerk as he can appear on TV. I think he is more awe-struck at where this road has taken him. I think he is really dedicated to making a music career for himself. So, on that note, GO DAVID LICKMYLIPS!! I want the bubblegum tween to win this so my FAVORITE can put out a totally kick butt album of music that I like.
30.gif
30.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 2:44:48 PM
Author: doodle

Date: 5/15/2008 12:49:14 PM
Author: dragonfly411

hahaha, i stopped watching after chris daughtry got sent home and have just picked it back up again!! in the long run, though, i think it worked out for him, and for the same reasons, i don''t want david cook to win idol. think about it--the show picks the artist''s first release, right? that much control over the artist concerns me for a performer like cook. he''s just too good to get stuck performing some crap fluff song about a tattoo on a heart or whatever. on the other hand, if archie wins, cook will have complete freedom to do what he wants, and at this point, i have no doubt that we''ll be hearing more from him whether he wins or loses, so i''d rather hear more with him having had the freedom to do his own thing, if that makes any sense! cook''s by far my favorite--has been from day one--but i think archie''s got it in the bag. the teenyboppers love him!
Actually not winning Idol was the best thing for Chris Daughtry. He picked up an amazing band and has outsold all other Idol artists except Kelly and maybe Carrie!

But yeah I was pissed when he got the boot too.
2.gif

For the same reasons though I hope Cook doesn''t win. He''d have to do exactly what the label wants him to. He might have more freedom to choose when he gets picked up. (Not if.
1.gif
)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Ellen.
35.gif
Hi, Monnie.

It is so good to know that I am not the only one around here who thinks that DC is amazing. I will buy his tunes for sure. The only other one I have bought is Chris''s debut album. It was so good, I bought it twice and gave the other copy to my SIL who loves him too. She had never watched Idol and simply could not believe there was this kind of talent on the show.

shay

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both David Cook and David A., so I will be happy either way
5.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
David Archuleta is going to take the crown this year!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think David A has an awesome voice but David C is more mainstream? That is what someone said on one of the many shows I watched. I think they both seem quite talented but did not watch enough this season to weigh in more than that.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I called and placed one vote tonight . . . for David Cook. "The World I Know" is one of my favorite songs from the 90''s. I thought they both did a good job tonight. Does anyone think David Archuleta sounds like John Secada?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2008 9:25:42 PM
Hey, Ellen.
35.gif
Hi, Monnie.

It is so good to know that I am not the only one around here who thinks that DC is amazing. I will buy his tunes for sure. The only other one I have bought is Chris''s debut album. It was so good, I bought it twice and gave the other copy to my SIL who loves him too. She had never watched Idol and simply could not believe there was this kind of talent on the show.

shay
Hey Miss Shay!

Did anyone catch Simon saying something like David C was one of the nicest, most sincere people on there? He''s gotten a bad rap....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
David Archayeyebrows is, all at once, too much and not enough, in my opinion. Or maybe he just rubs me the wrong way. Technically he outsang David Cook and I''d better my last dollar he''s going to win tonight, but I much prefer DC (and I didn''t like Chris Daughtry at all, so I think it''s interesting that so many people relate the two of them).

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer David Cook to win tonight also!

But MAN - I just get chills every time I hear Archie sing "Imagine" - it is SUCH a gorgeous song and he really sings it beautifully....last night was no exception....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dial Idol says David Cook will win.....I hope it''s right!
36.gif
36.gif
I do like Archie''s voice but as my hubby says.....he''s BORING!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Archie will prob. win, but Cook will sell more records. He is more versatile and different. I voted several times for Cook!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for David A...I like David Cook''s style, but David A has the better vocals IMO.
I am rather surprised at all the David A bashing I have seen on the web (not here). People are saying some really mean stuff, and it is totally uncalled for. Like who you like, but he is still a kid.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 1:50:02 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
I voted for David A...I like David Cook''s style, but David A has the better vocals IMO.

I am rather surprised at all the David A bashing I have seen on the web (not here). People are saying some really mean stuff, and it is totally uncalled for. Like who you like, but he is still a kid.

I agree. I cannot imagine getting on that stage knowing millions of people are watching you at 17 years old. I think he waaaay outsang David C. last night, but I really think they are both good and will both sell lots of records.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 11:30:12 AM
Author: Rosebud8506
Archie will prob. win, but Cook will sell more records. He is more versatile and different. I voted several times for Cook!!
  1. And HOT, you forgot HOT!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 7:17:47 AM

Did anyone catch Simon saying something like David C was one of the nicest, most sincere people on there? He''s gotten a bad rap....

AMEN Ellen!!

read this

between that and the health issues that DC himself has had throughout this season, NO FRIGGIN'' WONDER the guy''s seemed a little off! i don''t think he''s cocky at all, just an extraordinary talent dealing with a LOT of crap and all while in the limelight, ya know? watching him tear up last night after singing collective soul made me tear up, too. and i LOVED LOVED LOVED what he did with that song! i can''t wait for his first album--i just hope he doesn''t win and have the AI producers give him an album full of sh!t!!!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah, one more thing...did anyone else think it was kinda lame that archuleta sang a song he''d already gotten a really positive response to? i love him singing the song, but so did everyone else, and he knows it!! cheater! hahaha!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually thought that it was a smart move on his part...he sang that song beautifully the first time and got a very positive response...second time was just as beautiful!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2008 5:38:45 PM
Author: doodle

Date: 5/21/2008 7:17:47 AM

AMEN Ellen!!

read this

between that and the health issues that DC himself has had throughout this season, NO FRIGGIN'' WONDER the guy''s seemed a little off! i don''t think he''s cocky at all, just an extraordinary talent dealing with a LOT of crap and all while in the limelight, ya know? watching him tear up last night after singing collective soul made me tear up, too. and i LOVED LOVED LOVED what he did with that song! i can''t wait for his first album--i just hope he doesn''t win and have the AI producers give him an album full of sh!t!!!!
So sad. And yeah, that''s a lot to deal with in front of millions of people every week.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results