shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL, Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The Church of the Risingsun gives praise for the newest bootees. Thanks be that Danny and his brand of "sass" is off my TV. Luke was pretty, but didn''t bring the vocals. Color [TM Pauler] me sad. I''m meh on the ladies. I watched Survivor and recorded AI. I''ll watch AI tonight and fast forward through the filler
3.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Deco~ I really liked Blake''s performance because it was creative. I actually don''t like pop music at all. I think that''s why I critique their performances so much. It takes a lot to impress me. Blake''s stutter separated him from the norm of pop and made me actually stay and watch.

Can i just say, I am SOO glad that pretty boy went home. egads, the horror of his "singing", the chick-like way that he winks, the pursing of his lips, etc, etc, etc.....

Really wish chickize could have gone home instead of the other dude.

I think we''re going to have a male winner this year.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 2:34:13 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Can i just say, I am SOO glad that pretty boy went home. egads, the horror of his ''singing'', the chick-like way that he winks, the pursing of his lips, etc, etc, etc.....
It''s allllll the a cappella influence, I''m afraid
3.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Haven't posted on this thread before, just had to track it down to say that:

I
30.gif
Jason Castro

And for the first time ever, I agreed with Paula instead of Randy and Simon.
23.gif
Can't speak for the rest of the world, but I didn't find anything boring about that! I could listen to him sing gorgeous songs with his guitar all night. Okay, rave over... listening to the rest of the show now..........

ETA -- Hope I didn't break any Idol-post etiquette rules by posting before the show was over! Scold me if necessary.
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought about half of the contestants tonight really stood out, it was a more black/white top 12 night for me than it has been in years past. By black/white I mean I was either loving them or hating them re. performances. My dislikes included: Syesha, Ramiele, D. Hernandez, Michael Johns (even though I really like him), and even David Archuleta, and of course the always, imo, terrible Kristy Lee Cook. Loves were: Chikezie (finally a good song and he just sang his little heart out, loved it!), David Cook (Eleanor Rigby), Blued eyed Dred guy Jason Castro, Blondie Carly Simon gal playing the piano barefoot, and Carly the Irish lass. Oh, and interesting I almost forgot Amanda Overmyer...but I thought she did a fair enough job this week!

I actually enjoyed this top twelve''s performances on the whole more than I have any other season! I think my feelings may have to do with the fact that the stage is better this year, and also that the judges were having a whole lotta drama throughout the show, which was toooo funny. Good stuff, very entertaining.

Hopefully it''s ok to post this now...I don''t think I''ve given anything away so I''m going for the submit button.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was honestly shocked that I thought anyone did good last night, much less a couple "greats", considering the category. I mean, who can do the Beatles? Evidently, a few. My top faves, in order, were David Cook, Chikezie, and a not too bad to Brooke White, Amanda Overmeyer, and Michael Johns.

And I'll go one further than Simon, who said Kristy Cook sounded like Dolly on helium, played on 78. for you old geezers.
9.gif

She's toast.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chikezie was my favorite last night, and I also loved Carly Smithson, Brooke White and David Cook...Michael Johns was not bad (but I think he is cute anyway
30.gif
) David Archuleta is still my favorite...he is really good, but last night was not his best at all. Kristie Lee Cook...me thinks she is going.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 1:21:09 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Chikezie was my favorite last night, and I also loved Carly Smithson, Brooke White and David Cook...Michael Johns was not bad (but I think he is cute anyway
30.gif
) David Archuleta is still my favorite...he is really good, but last night was not his best at all. Kristie Lee Cook...me thinks she is going.
Ain''t he though??!
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who knew Chikezie had it in him! I felt so bad for little David A., though. Never forget the words!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My Bets for the Top 6

David Archuleta
Carly Smithson
Jason Castro
Amanda Overmeyer
Brooke White
Michael Johns

And my new desktop at work is

puffyheartmichaeljohn.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen & Starset...He is GORGEOUS, and I love his accent! He reminds me of Jim Morrison, his looks and the way he moves.

I felt bad for David when he forgot the words as well, but I really think that he is a fan favorite
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
My top 6 would be the same as Starset''s, only maybe not in that order! At this point in the competition I really wish they would change it so we could call in and vote for who we want to GO HOME instead of stay. I would so be voting for David H., Syeshia, Kristy Leigh Cook, and even Ramielle, although I think she probably has another week in her yet at least. I like all the rest for such different reasons!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 4:38:43 PM
Author: Sabine
At this point in the competition I really wish they would change it so we could call in and vote for who we want to GO HOME instead of stay.
Not if mobile marketing has anything to say about it...

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
a little off topic, but I''m sure you guys can appreciate...

During Katherine McPhee''s performance, DH says about her ring.... "Is that a halo?" I LOVE MY MAN !
30.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 9:51:57 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
a little off topic, but I''m sure you guys can appreciate...

During Katherine McPhee''s performance, DH says about her ring.... ''Is that a halo?'' I LOVE MY MAN !
30.gif

Precious!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Katherine McPhee was great! Did you see those great diamond hoops, too??

So, do you think Hernandez got the boot because of the "scandal"?

I know last night''s performance wasn''t great, but come on, we know there were worse...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not agree at all with the results tonight, and I was a bit surprised
40.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 10:58:13 PM
40.gif
You and me both.
yikes2.gif

And I too imediately noticed the halo on KM.
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 7:49:51 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/12/2008 10:58:13 PM
40.gif
You and me both.
yikes2.gif

And I too imediately noticed the halo on KM.
30.gif
Yeah, I wanted to see more! Dial Idol had Syeshia at the bottom so I think it was a total surprise to both her and David Hernandez.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Idol! I missed the results show but I picked David H. to go home based on his aweful performance, and... sorry if you love him!... his cheesy factor when he performs. He was the opposite of the greats, who sang with heart. I agree with Starset''s top six too...

My heart went out to David A. He''s only a little boy really, it was bound to happen that he''s choke up at some point with all that pressure. Hopefully he got it out of his system.

DD

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''m kind of suprised nobody sang Hey Jude.
Love love love that song!

I was thinking maybe Kristy wouldn''t go home BECAUSE she sang a country song. Country music fans can vote in droves.
Look at Bucky Covington. How the heck did he stay in the competition so long???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 10:17:12 AM
Author: Starset Princess
I was thinking maybe Kristy wouldn''t go home BECAUSE she sang a country song. Country music fans can vote in droves.
I see what you''re saying, and would agree. But honest to God, we had to change the channel both times she sang it. It was wayyyy too fast, and, just wrong.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2008 10:40:49 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/13/2008 10:17:12 AM
I was thinking maybe Kristy wouldn't go home BECAUSE she sang a country song. Country music fans can vote in droves.
I see what you're saying, and would agree. But honest to God, we had to change the channel both times she sang it. It was wayyyy too fast, and, just wrong.
I was thinking that she might be safe only because the country music lovers would most likely vote for her, but I agree...it was awful! I do not like to be mean to others, but I could not help but laugh at Simons comments to her...something about being at a fair with her and 2 banjo players
rotflmao2.gif
grins.gif
!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Did anybody hear that Idol is really getting the best bang for the buck by having Lennon/McCartney songs next week, too?

And I HATED the live phonecall questions. Booooooooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
6.gif
33.gif
20.gif
8.gif
15.gif
38.gif
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2008 7:31:17 AM
23.gif
6.gif
33.gif
20.gif
8.gif
15.gif
38.gif
39.gif

i''m with you starset. i just starting watching and and don''t have any real favorite yet, still trying to *get* everyone but I thought Amanda was fun and different in a good way and defintely should have been in the top ten over the Christychick
38.gif

total bummer...

lotsofsparkle

Shiny_Rock
If I were Amanda, I would be so pissed that I was sent home before that Christy girl. Amanda seems like a cool girl though and I thought she went home very gracefully.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Cook. Just making the prediction right now.
9.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really enjoyed almost all of the performances last night! I think it''s time for Chickezie or Ramielle to go (even if she was sick, that was just bad). Although it wasn''t her best performance, I think my new favorite is Brooke White. I just really love her voice and her style of music. I wasn''t impressed with Jason this week, I think he does need to do something new or different. I really liked Michael''s performance. When David Cook was up, I WANTED to dislike it, because I was thinking, who would change Billy Jean? Who would butcher Michael Jackson? But I couldn''t help myself from being really impressed with it by the end, and I think he probably is the most talented when it comes to showcasing his voice.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine I totally agree with everything you said. My bf said the same thing last night when David Cook came on! YOu want to think he is trying too hard or something, but he''s really just that good! I kinda felt the same way about Michael John when he came on, but he rocked it too!
I was also happy to see Kristy Lee Cook do well last night, it was about time. I''m afraid Raimele may be in for it, if not her then Chekezie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results