shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL, Do you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 10:31:19 AM
Author: mrssalvo
i watched some last night too. I''m glad we are finally down to the top 24. Now''s when it''s starts getting good and when the real snarkiness shall begin...
I''m with you, Mrssalvo. Snark on
9.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am a 100% idol junkie, and I really want the first girl who got through (the blonde girl whose name I can''t remember?) To do well

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I really like the Carly Simon/Carole King gal''s personality. She reminds me of my good friend in college.
I like the rocker chick but highly doubt she can do any other genre.
I like the (my sister calls him) Emo kid. Very pretty and feminie-ish.
The 16 year old David (Ha I actually know a name) will be good.
I actually wanted (of the last two picked) the Harvard physics student looking kid, Kyle (Ha another one) to be chosen over the guy with nothing memorable.
The cute sunflower haired gal who lost her voice could do great.
Anybody else think that Luke guy looks like Orlando Bloom?
Then there''s another guy who looks like the cover of a Stix album. Geesh, what year is this?

So much snark ahead - it''s gonna be good. I can just taste it!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Tonight. Tonight
Won''t be just any night.
Tonight there will be no morning star.
Tonight. Tonight.
I''ll see my love tonight
And for us, stars will stop where they are.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starset, you are so funny! I love your little poem!
36.gif

I just found out yesterday that a gal from my hometown has auditioned two years in a row now and hasn''t gotten through either time. She''s been singing and participating in pageants and theater for years...total sweetheart, great voice and personality...but apparently not quite Idol material.
15.gif
I think she has maybe two more years until she''s "too old" to audition anymore, maybe the third time, or next year, will be the charm for her.

I''m really looking forward to this season, I say that every year, but I love this stage of the game and getting to know 24 fresh new faces/personalities! Since spring doesn''t go into full swing here until May, AI is the highlight of my midweek from February to April every year now!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I am really looking forward to getting to see these 24 more closely this year. I think there are a lot of unique voices this time around and I''m curious to see how they do. I must go get my work done before it''s AI time so I can give it my full attention for once!

Cute poem, starset! You crack me up!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
AI just got over here. It was a bit strange. I don''t think they should''ve started with 60''s night. Some of the guys have great voices, but there performances were lackluster because of their selection. But, I guess that''s a way to immediately nix the guys who aren''t outright performers. I don''t have a favorite among the guys yet, although I really like the Hernandez guy.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I agree that 60''s night was an odd choice for the first night of performances. I have to say, I LOVE the Australian guy! And how weird is it that Robbie the rocker was a pop performer who toured with Britney Spears?!?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 7:42:20 AM
Author: Sabine
I agree that 60''s night was an odd choice for the first night of performances. I have to say, I LOVE the Australian guy! And how weird is it that Robbie the rocker was a pop performer who toured with Britney Spears?!?
Make that a HUGE ditto from me. Hot with an accent to boot.
30.gif
This season''s looking verrrry interesting....
31.gif

9.gif
Actually, I don''t recall ever liking this many of the guys voices. Should be a good contest.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I think this season is going to be great. So far there are only 4 guys in it that stand a chance(IMO): David (the young giggly kid), Jason (great smile and dreads), Robbie (the guy who wore the bandana, he kinda had that Bo Bice thing going on), and of course the Hottie from down under - Michael Johns. Of all of them I think Michael is going to be the front runner. I can''t wait to see what happens with the girls!!!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Apparently I'm the only one that liked that Jason Castro kid - the one with the dreads. I TOTALLY dug him. Puffy heart him even. He is officially my favorite.

Red suit dude. Eeeeek. Only Santa wears a red suit for a reason. Did he even sing? I was so distracted by the suit that I didn't notice.

That little Archuletta kid was good, but meh to me. A bit too kid on starsearch for me.

The down under dude is for sure cute. Didn't love his song though.

The "rocker" guy with the tie and the vest, well, he strikes me as really really annoying. A bit too emo, spiky haired and skinny tie-d for my tastes.

Oh, and I also really dislike that kid that sang the first elvis song. *vomit* and *boring*. But again, I find him kind of annoying. See above emo comment.

I normally like the long haired-ed boys, but they didn't really do it for me. Especially that skinny kid with the really unfortunate hair. Doesn't someone love him enough to tell him to fix that?

The others, well, they were pretty dullsville. and apparently do not even warrant my brain wasting precious brain cells to remember them. So yeah.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think Robbie the Rocker is a total poser! When Bo Bice and Chris Daughtry chose their 'outfits' it looked authentic. Robbie's looked like a Halloween costume.

I like the giggly kid David (the winner in my mind right now because of his age and all the tweeny girls going gah gah over him) and I never understood why Simon wasn't a fan of the other David's (the first performer). His voice is I-ight.

Ok the guy with the dreads blew me away!!!! Love him! Sounds like something I'd hear on the radio today. But I have to admit, I got my degree in art from a liberal arts college and knew plenty of people who had dreads. And as much as I love his singing and think he's a real hottie (the smile, the teeth, the eyes) I just look at him and instantly start smelling him. The dreadlocks have a very unmistakable odor.

Why, why, why do people after seven seasons still decide on the first few nights to just sing the song karaoke style? Have they not been watching to understand that the judge's want you to take risks, change it up, and make it your own? Moon River? Seriously. Rule #3: Never ever sing a song because it reminds you of your Grandmother. Especially if you remind people of Scott Peterson.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I have to add. I TOTES fell in lust with Dreadlock Jason Castro. WHOA.

...those toight jeans, blue eyes and white straight teeth. "MhH". I am going to ignore the fact that he might smell...and opt for the chance that he may smell like sandlewood, musk and a bit of leather. That I can handle.

He gave me may-jah ''crotch rockets'' (as me and my girlfriends call it). lust lust lust!

:p

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Girls! Girls! Girls!

Can''t wait to hear your comments. They are the joy of my Wednesday and Thursday mornings!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:37:17 AM
Author: Starset Princess
I think Robbie the Rocker is a total poser! When Bo Bice and Chris Daughtry chose their ''outfits'' it looked authentic. Robbie''s looked like a Halloween costume.

I like the giggly kid David (the winner in my mind right now because of his age and all the tweeny girls going gah gah over him) and I never understood why Simon wasn''t a fan of the other David''s (the first performer). His voice is I-ight.

Ok the guy with the dreads blew me away!!!! Love him! Sounds like something I''d hear on the radio today. But I have to admit, I got my degree in art from a liberal arts college and knew plenty of people who had dreads. And as much as I love his singing and think he''s a real hottie (the smile, the teeth, the eyes) I just look at him and instantly start smelling him. The dreadlocks have a very unmistakable odor. <Shudder>

Why, why, why do people after seven seasons still decide on the first few nights to just sing the song karaoke style? Have they not been watching to understand that the judge''s want you to take risks, change it up, and make it your own? Moon River? Seriously. Rule #3: Never ever sing a song because it reminds you of your Grandmother. Especially if you remind people of Scott Peterson.
I don''t think I can add anything to this post -- you said it all!! Robbie looked like the guy on VH1''s Rock of Love (giggle, snarf, snark). Totally costumed; not at all authentic. Which is why Simon (ass that he can be) asked the question "who are you?" I must say, I was in complete agreement with Simon as he summed up the night''s performances at the end.

Is it just me, or is Paula becoming ''irrelevant''?? She used to have something to say; she used to have a career. Last night she was just way too nice to some really lame performers.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ladies, How I''ve Missed YOU.

So, hmmmm. Last night --- AWESOME that we''re at Top 24, yet very mixed results for me ... I feel like we should just skip ahead to top 6 guys. So many were "cannon fodder" yanno? Just NO FREAKIN WAY.

My order:

1. Hunka hunka Aussie LOVE -- MICHAEL JOHNS. He has the potential to annoy me down the line but thought he was solid &, most imp.ly: SEXXXXXXXXY.

2. Dred Dude JASON CASTRO. Anyone else see Welcome Back Kotter-Era John Travolta in there? Ice-blue eyes, big ol'' chicklet chompers, dimples? Were there dimples? Anyway - he sounded "original" and fresh. Effortless. Plus charisma. Love him.

3. The ringer & former Star Search kids winner (for reals) DAVID AUCHIEblahblahblah. Totally faking all the aw shucks BS but he can sing.

This is where it ALREADY gets dicey for me ... the others I either *don''t like* or *don''t think have a chance*

4. Rocker #3 -- Daughtry-With-Hair. Arrogant. Looks down on folks in the same annoying way Sir. Daughtrey did. Not as good looking as D-man.

5. Baby-Faced Faux Rocker ... exactly, in costume. And COME ON, he could have done something growlier or more rock-like with a great song but it was TOTALLY BLAND AND FORGETTABLE.

6. DAVID HERNANDEZRODRIQUEZWhateverCan''tRemember. I think he sounds AMAZING but I almost wish he was uglier. He''s so vaguely good-looking that its just MEH. If he had a mouth full of rotten teeth or was nerdy or fat ... HE''D FREAKIN WIN. He has a winning VOICE but isn''t enough of an underdog looks-wise to motivate fans. Weird, huh? But I think its true.

The rest: Buh bye -- sooner rather than later SUCKAS!
3.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''ve decided why I get anxious and uncomfortable anytime Paula speaks.

She sounds like a bad reception cell phone call.

You know. . .... ... .. sometimes really.. ...... you make it.. ... . ..you look great.

I think..... you know you''ve got the voice... .. . .. . ... just make it ... stick... ...... cause you gotta be you... America loved it.

............ ... ..... . . .. I loved it. tone... ... magic.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 8:37:22 AM
Author: Starset Princess
I''ve decided why I get anxious and uncomfortable anytime Paula speaks.

She sounds like a bad reception cell phone call.

You know. . .... ... .. sometimes really.. ...... you make it.. ... . ..you look great.

I think..... you know you''ve got the voice... .. . .. . ... just make it ... stick... ...... cause you gotta be you... America loved it.

............ ... ..... . . .. I loved it. tone... ... magic.
And she reiterates what Randy says a lot. I wish she''d just say ditto.
9.gif

Looks like about 3 or 4 decent girls.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Amy Davis made my ears bleeeeed! Bleeeeeeeeed! I got three extra wrinkles on my face this morning from trying to close my ears without using my hands.
Carole King chose a dumb song - too bad

Alexandrea was a clear top performer last night - with the red sneakers!
And I love the 23 year old rocker chick who could pass for my 41 year old aunt.
Sunflower head is a little arrogant but I like her voice enough.
ETA: I like Ramiele Mlyablaybly too!

Then there's the triplemint twins. I can't tell them apart so I can't comment on them until one or two of them get kicked off.

triplemint twins.JPG

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I really liked two of the above blonds, but I''m not sure which ones... I also adore the asian chick.

I had to keep flipping away from AI because some of it was just TOO awful!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 12:29:05 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I really liked two of the above blonds, but I'm not sure which ones... I also adore the asian chick.

I had to keep flipping away from AI because some of it was just TOO awful!!
I think she's going to go a long way in this. Too soon to say ALL the way. But she is very good.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blah! to the girls! The only two I liked were Ramiele and the 17 yr. old who wore suspenders, she was so cute! Alaina (blondie from Tulsa) reminds me way too much of Carrie Underwood, and not in a good way. Blondie (who does Britney impressions) is way better at doing impressions than she is at performing as herself. Blondie (who sold her poor horse to get to Hollywood) was terrible! And that poor girl who sang Where the Boys Are...omg, I think that''s the worst performance I''ve ever seen on AI. If these are the top 24 people as far as talent is concerned in America, something is wrong.
38.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 6:14:16 PM
Author: HollyS
Date: 2/20/2008 9:37:17 AM

I don''t think I can add anything to this post -- you said it all!! Robbie looked like the guy on VH1''s Rock of Love (giggle, snarf, snark). Totally costumed; not at all authentic. Which is why Simon (ass that he can be) asked the question ''who are you?'' I must say, I was in complete agreement with Simon as he summed up the night''s performances at the end.

Is it just me, or is Paula becoming ''irrelevant''?? She used to have something to say; she used to have a career. Last night she was just way too nice to some really lame performers.

I totally agree with both of these comments...that bandana made Robbie look just as bad as Bret Michaels, and like he was also trying to hide really bad hair.

Oh, and does anyone else think emo kid with the blonde hair and red streaks wears it brushed to the front to try to hide that he is losing his hair? I have a friend who does this, and it just makes me look at his hairline...he should watch "10 years younger" and learn that a shorter ''do can make a balding guy look like he has a full head!

The girls...some of them were really painful! I did like the last 5 of them, although I didn''t think Carly was as good as the judges did!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tuned in late and missed the first hour+ of the show, but after watching the recaps I don''t think I really missed anything
4.gif
. I then camped out in my bed with my computer and was surfing PS with AI in the background and actually looked up and stopped typing whe the husky breath gal sang. I thought she was very entertaining. Then I looked up again when the 17 year old did her song. Loved it too. I don''t know any of their names yet and promise to be far more snarky once we get to the top 12
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The recap of tonights show:

Bye bye weird long haired boy!
Bye bye tone deaf girl!
Bye bye girl that is off because she''s heavy! (because she was SOO much better than a couple others)
Bye bye goofy theatre guy!

Good riddance to bad rubbish!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I predict David Archuletta will be this season''s American Idol.
and yes, I really like him - could he turn into the next big superstar - bigger than Kelly Clarkson?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of David Archuletta...

"I wanted to squish you, squeeze your head off, and dangle you from my rear view mirror."

Come on now, Paula. What was THAT?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Was that the younger kid at the end? The one that made Paula cry? I loved him

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
I heard on MSNBC tonight that the long-haired-rocker-dude''s hair is *snort* a WIG!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
HaHa = it is a wig!
And as for the last guy performer who made Paula cry? was David Archuletta - the car freshner

The girls
Alexandrea - still putting her in the top 5
Brooke - I can''t help it - I really really like her
Carly - I liked her sound so much better this week but can''t get over that she''s already a professional
Syesha - still like her voice, dog
Everyone else
14.gif

Robbie Wiggie!

robbiewiggie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results