shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some good vibes sent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep saying I’m going to stop Updating but then someone here says something and it jogs my memory.

I know I wore my channel set band and a pair of tiny emerald flower earrings to Ireland from
when I was helping my mom after surgery and was at the other house, from where I left. This was the very end of May.

If I wore my solitaire with that channel set band and also my three stone on my right hand, that would explain why it’s just the two rings missing and no band.

The earrings and the band came home with me after Ireland and awake 24 hours, jet lagged and with a daughter who was ON about her getting back home.

Theory: The rings are still at the other house, stashed in a safe place since I was dashing to Ireland. OR I stashed them in DH’s attaché case or something safe with him. (He may have not known if I did this).

I keep circling back to the Ireland trip. I was panicked on the front end because my daughter had covid in another country and in a haze on the back end because of jet lag.

Doesn’t this sound like a situation where jewelry would be misplaced?

This is the situation that makes the most sense to me.

It also would have been smart to wear only the band when helping my mom during this time.

I KNOW I wore that band to Ireland.

Oh I may have gotten somewhere with this. I need to go back to the other house.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep saying I’m going to stop Updating but then someone here says something and it jogs my memory.

I know I wore my channel set band and a pair of tiny emerald flower earrings to Ireland from
when I was helping my mom after surgery and was at the other house, from where I left. This was the very end of May.

If I wore my solitaire with that channel set band and also my three stone on my right hand, that would explain why it’s just the two rings missing and no band.

The earrings and the band came home with me after Ireland and awake 24 hours, jet lagged and with a daughter who was ON about her getting back home.

Theory: The rings are still at the other house, stashed in a safe place since I was dashing to Ireland. OR I stashed them in DH’s attaché case or something safe with him. (He may have not known if I did this).

I keep circling back to the Ireland trip. I was panicked on the front end because my daughter had covid in another country and in a haze on the back end because of jet lag.

Doesn’t this sound like a situation where jewelry would be misplaced?

This is the situation that makes the most sense to me.

It also would have been smart to wear only the band when helping my mom during this time.

I KNOW I wore that band to Ireland.

Oh I may have gotten somewhere with this. I need to go back to the other house.

I remember how quickly you pulled everything together to get to your daughter. When can you go back to the other house? It has to be there..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s all coming back to you now - sounds like a song - lol! How soon to be able to check the house and his attaché case? We are going to party when these rings are found!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Party for sure! I just got home so I can check DH’s stuff now and I’m going back to the other house in about 8-9 days (weekend after next, and I can stay there as long as I want or need to).

@MamaBee it was fast: we found on Friday afternoon ish that she had covid and I was on the plane Sunday morning.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not in DH’s case but I have other things I want to check. My daughter is coming home this weekend, so I will see if she lets me look at her photos from the last 6 months, and I’ll have to see if she remembers what luggage she took to Ireland. And which ones I took.

oh and the other insurance company said no date for when I can file but they would prefer within one year of discovered missing

I also reread my Ireland thread in hangout to see if it gives me any clues. It didn’t but maybe it will trigger something.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Party for sure! I just got home so I can check DH’s stuff now and I’m going back to the other house in about 8-9 days (weekend after next, and I can stay there as long as I want or need to).

@MamaBee it was fast: we found on Friday afternoon ish that she had covid and I was on the plane Sunday morning.

I remember! I was amazed how quickly you got your ticket!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I have invoked St. Anthony. Burying the statue is supposed to sell your house but when I did it, it sold the house down the street from me that was my competition lol.

Maybe I’m not at the correct house for St. Anthony to work?

I do think he gets busy sometimes. Maybe try again. He took ages with my earbuds. But he did come through.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think he gets busy sometimes. Maybe try again. He took ages with my earbuds. But he did come through.

I was thinking just now as I was cooking, if this does go back to Ireland, that means they have already been missing for 6 months without me figuring out they were missing and not accidentally coming across them.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking just now as I was cooking, if this does go back to Ireland, that means they have already been missing for 6 months without me figuring out they were missing and not accidentally coming across them.

Honestly, that is the part that puzzles me. It seems that they were missing for a long time and they never crossed your mind. I understand you weren't just sitting at home all day as you were traveling a lot but you never missed them or thought of them. Just thought that was odd too but who knows? Guess you had other more important things on your mind.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, that is the part that puzzles me. It seems that they were missing for a long time and they never crossed your mind. I understand you weren't just sitting at home all day as you were traveling a lot but you never missed them or thought of them. Just thought that was odd too but who knows? Guess you had other more important things on your mind.

This is really a “mysterious disappearance” as the insurance companies call it. My guess is I didn’t think about them because I thought they were safe in the safe. So does that mean they are safe still or gone?

I set a note on my calendar in several months to file a claim if I haven’t found them by then.

So if I haven’t found them by the end of May, that means they were missing for about year by then and I never ran across them.

The last time I know I had them was February at the ball.

I have a vague fuzzy memory of driving down my street here at this house and looking at my left hand and it’s just the solitaire and I thought how pretty it was. I have no idea from when this memory is, if it’s a manufactured desperate memory or what. It’s confusing.

I would think if they have been missing for 6 months, even if I did stash them somewhere, that I would have found them by now on accident.

This is maddening. It absolutely is. I’m going to contact @Todd Gray
to see if he can help me, even if it’s not hypnosis…maybe like a guided meditation. Heck, at this point I might call my sil’s psychic. She used one after my BIL died and that would be such a story to tell about what the psychic told her. It was things she never could have known.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really a “mysterious disappearance” as the insurance companies call it. My guess is I didn’t think about them because I thought they were safe in the safe. So does that mean they are safe still or gone?

I set a note on my calendar in several months to file a claim if I haven’t found them by then.

So if I haven’t found them by the end of May, that means they were missing for about year by then and I never ran across them.

The last time I know I had them was February at the ball.

I have a vague fuzzy memory of driving down my street here at this house and looking at my left hand and it’s just the solitaire and I thought how pretty it was. I have no idea from when this memory is, if it’s a manufactured desperate memory or what. It’s confusing.

I would think if they have been missing for 6 months, even if I did stash them somewhere, that I would have found them by now on accident.

to see if he can help me, even if it’s not hypnosis…maybe like a guided meditation. Heck, at this point I might call my sil’s psychic. She used one after my BIL died and that would be such a story to tell about what the psychic told her. It was things she never could have known.

Absolutely try everything! As I said before, in order for you to accept the loss, you have to feel in your heart and mind that you did everything you could to find them. I can only imagine your angst over them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely try everything! As I said before, in order for you to accept the loss, you have to feel in your heart and mind that you did everything you could to find them. I can only imagine your angst over them.

Thanks, yes, I send Todd and email. I’ll at least try that first.

Also, my son and I are traveling in early January, so maybe I’ll come across them as I’m packing? One can hope.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not found the rings (how about I start each post with that so you don’t have to keep reading if you don’t want to).

Ok, just two small updates:

My daughter found the empty gold jewelry case with her ball presents and it’s empty, so that lead was a dead end. At least that is one less thing I have to look for.

Todd Gray got back with me and he is traveling but is going to email me next week so we can plan a session. He also gave me some ideas to breathe and center myself to try and revisit this in my memory.

My SIL gave me her psychic’s information but in looking at her website, it says contact with the dead and life direction so I’m not sure lost jewelry is in her wheelhouse. I might send an email though.

I’ve been thinking about what I’m going to do if I have to put claims in. It seems each insurance company is going to cut me a check (it’s not under homeowners with state farm as my homeowners isn’t with them). I don’t think I’m going to remake either one in 2023, at least not until my aggravation and disgust with myself fade away. I don’t want to put any “weird vibes” on the jewelry (see, again I thank you all for listening because if I said that to someone in real life, they would think I’m crazy and it’s just jewelry). I would also want to hold out hope of finding them and then I can just pay the insurance companies back.

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
@whitewave I understand the feelings of aggravation and disgust. A few years ago I lost one of my diamond studs while out on a 7-mile run. Dumb, I know, but I used to wear them 24/7 except for taking them out to clean them. I also had screwbacks and thought that was safe. Anyway, a different situation than yours because I knew that I lost it on the run (it was missing when I got home).

As soon as I saw it was missing I went back out and walked a good part of the route. It's my regular neighborhood route, so for months every time I went for a run I'd be looking down. It was making me crazy and boy was I disgusted with myself.

I had to get past that disgust but I did eventually replace the missing stone and had them re-set into La Pousette backs. I will tell you that I am very happy that I have them to wear again, and perhaps appreciate them a little more now. I also quit wearing the earrings when I run/workout, shower, or sleep.

Of course I'd be lying if I said that I don't still occasionally look down at the ground while running that route... ;)2

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
to see if he can help me, even if it’s not hypnosis…maybe like a guided meditation.

Oh! I am interested in seeing if this gives you any insight. I have vague "impressions" of tucking a fave pair of earrings into a safe place as I was outside of the house. Perhaps a purse or jacket pocket? Then many months later, reaching to wear them and...not knowing where that safe place was. Sigh.

I hadn't thought of hypnosis, so I'm very curious to see how this works for you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! I am interested in seeing if this gives you any insight. I have vague "impressions" of tucking a fave pair of earrings into a safe place as I was outside of the house. Perhaps a purse or jacket pocket? Then many months later, reaching to wear them and...not knowing where that safe place was. Sigh.

I hadn't thought of hypnosis, so I'm very curious to see how this works for you!

He does hypnosis for weight loss too and since my gastric sleeve didn’t cause me any weight loss. (But actually fixed a lot of stomach issues I had) I thought I would try some sessions with him on that as well. A friend is waiting to see how that goes lol.

I’ll keep you all posted.

@rungirl oh I would definitely be out there with a metal detector lol

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(I didn’t find the rings.)

I just have a few more places to check here today and then I’ll be 90% sure they aren’t in this house. I really don’t think they are in this house but I obviously need to keep looking everywhere.

After today, I’ll be done here and maybe when the kids are here for thanksgiving and Christmas, someone will stumble upon them.

Next weekend is the search at the other house. The weather is really gorgeous today, so I might drive out to the RV and search that myself.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(Didn’t find the rings).

I‘m done in this house. My head hurts. I’m mentally drained, physically exhausted. DH is sick (so far not flu or Covid). I can’t look in this house anymore. I obviously can’t search the entire house by myself… that would take a year. I’m certain the rings are not in my closet, my bedroom or my bathroom. Plus everywhere else I searched.

It’s enough for me to issue a statement saying the rings are not in this house.

For the other house, I’m just going for the weekend as planned. I will look all weekend. I bought some organizers for shoes and the closet etc. it’s a small cottage but my son is the 4th generation who has lived in the house. Tons of clutter in the closets etc. (my MIL is still alive and only goes there once a year but by golly, you better have every piece of junk she has ever owned in there or she goes ballistic ). My MIL is a pack rat, but there are really only a limited number of places the rings would be. My bedroom is the main search focus, the bathroom and the kitchen and the den. It should go pretty quickly and I can always go back and look some more.

I need to start wrapping this up. For my sanity. I’d rather put claims in, hold the money for another year in the bank and see if the rings magically turn up.

I started looking for them on October 28/29.

I hate to sound so dramatic and I’m not fishing for replies when I say this. I know that whatever happened to them wasn’t intentional and things were busy and at times chaotic, and I shouldn’t beat myself up for this. But I do take this as a personal failure.

I might lose things for a few hours or a few days, but I have never lost anything for this long, and with absolutely zero knowledge or memory of what happened.

No need to reply. I’m throwing a pity party for one. I’ll eventually get over it but I think I have to be sad for a while before I can move on.

Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
(Didn’t find the rings).

I‘m done in this house. My head hurts. I’m mentally drained, physically exhausted. DH is sick (so far not flu or Covid). I can’t look in this house anymore. I obviously can’t search the entire house by myself… that would take a year. I’m certain the rings are not in my closet, my bedroom or my bathroom. Plus everywhere else I searched.

It’s enough for me to issue a statement saying the rings are not in this house.

For the other house, I’m just going for the weekend as planned. I will look all weekend. I bought some organizers for shoes and the closet etc. it’s a small cottage but my son is the 4th generation who has lived in the house. Tons of clutter in the closets etc. (my MIL is still alive and only goes there once a year but by golly, you better have every piece of junk she has ever owned in there or she goes ballistic ). My MIL is a pack rat, but there are really only a limited number of places the rings would be. My bedroom is the main search focus, the bathroom and the kitchen and the den. It should go pretty quickly and I can always go back and look some more.

I need to start wrapping this up. For my sanity. I’d rather put claims in, hold the money for another year in the bank and see if the rings magically turn up.

I started looking for them on October 28/29.

I hate to sound so dramatic and I’m not fishing for replies when I say this. I know that whatever happened to them wasn’t intentional and things were busy and at times chaotic, and I shouldn’t beat myself up for this. But I do take this as a personal failure.

I might lose things for a few hours or a few days, but I have never lost anything for this long, and with absolutely zero knowledge or memory of what happened.

No need to reply. I’m throwing a pity party for one. I’ll eventually get over it but I think I have to be sad for a while before I can move on.

Hugs anyway. It’s hard especially when your brain can’t let go. You have a great attitude IMO.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(I haven’t found the rings yet)

My friend had also misplaced her sapphire ring (Diana style) and we have been commiserating, and she was under the impression her was stolen by construction workers in her house for months. (Apologies to construction workers.)

Just now I got a text from her with a photo of her ring. Me: Where did you find it??!! Tell me in case I did the same thing!!

Her reply: I just had a memory of putting my ring holder in Sarah’s sewing box that was in my room when there were a ton of workers in the house. I got the ring holder out but that ring must’ve fallen off! I’m so excited. So funny how the brain works.

Me to my brain: come on… remember!!!

Meanwhile I found out I have like 8 people praying to Saint Anthony on my behalf. My Mother, MIL, several women who work for DH... My cousin…

I asked DH how thorough of a search he did at the other house and did he take everything out of the closet and he said no. He just felt where he thought my hand could reach lol, so I still have hope that maybe I’ll find them on Saturday.

I hope to reach Todd soon for a session.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(I haven’t found the rings yet)

My friend had also misplaced her sapphire ring (Diana style) and we have been commiserating, and she was under the impression her was stolen by construction workers in her house for months. (Apologies to construction workers.)

Just now I got a text from her with a photo of her ring. Me: Where did you find it??!! Tell me in case I did the same thing!!

Her reply: I just had a memory of putting my ring holder in Sarah’s sewing box that was in my room when there were a ton of workers in the house. I got the ring holder out but that ring must’ve fallen off! I’m so excited. So funny how the brain works.

Me to my brain: come on… remember!!!

Meanwhile I found out I have like 8 people praying to Saint Anthony on my behalf. My Mother, MIL, several women who work for DH... My cousin…

I asked DH how thorough of a search he did at the other house and did he take everything out of the closet and he said no. He just felt where he thought my hand could reach lol, so I still have hope that maybe I’ll find them on Saturday.

I hope to reach Todd soon for a session.

Great vibes for Saturday - keep us posted!!

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
Although I'm not terribly religious, I have had good luck with St Anthony and I've asked him to help in your search as well! Really hoping your rings turn up soon - I have a good feeling they will.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I'm not terribly religious, I have had good luck with St Anthony and I've asked him to help in your search as well! Really hoping your rings turn up soon - I have a good feeling they will.

Thank you. I’m about to put my dogs up and go in my bedroom to do that meditation. I also sent Todd an email letting him know I have not found the rings and I would like to pursue a hypnosis session.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(didn‘t find the rings)

I thought of some more things. If it goes back to the ball, I need to find this canvas Lands end bag that one of the girls presented gave to everyone before the ball. I know my daughter used it that night. I haven’t had time to look for it, but my daughter comes home on Monday, so we will search for this bag. It looks something like this but zips at the top.
1E01F7E2-D836-449D-83C5-7F2120F6DC0E.png

I have not gotten in touch with Todd yet, but he was traveling and thanksgiving is next week, so I might just wait anyway until after that since I’m going to have all the kids plus two grand dogs here (4 dogs total) and I probably won’t be able to have quiet time.

I sent an email to my Sil’s psychic. No reply yet. This is where I am. :eek2:

I’m waiting for DH to get home so we can go to the other house. I hope they are there, but honestly I don’t expect to find them there. Same reason as before: they have already been missing for months and I have not accidentally run across them yet.

I believe in my heart of hearts that they are gone. I want to find them. I will make every effort to find them. I do the guided meditation every day to be open to finding them. I hope I’m wrong.

I have had a persistent feeling of dread since the day I realized they were missing and that feeling has never gone away.

On the other hand, I just had a memory of my daughter and me shopping in Kilkenny Ireland. The shop owner had a nice sapphire band and I complimented her on it and she complimented my band and we are both September birthstones. I told her that I have a really nice sapphire ring at home but I didn’t bring it because I don’t travel with it.

So maybe I’m wrong. Maybe it is at the other house.

EATA: The cole haan bag I had posted about was in my closet lol. I’m so organized now I can’t find anything.

Ok I just got off the phone with my previously estranged sister. I started talking to her again in May when my mom had surgery. She says I had the sapphire ring on at my mom’s house and she remarked about it and I showed it to her. So if that is true, it points to the ring at the other house (after camping).

Ok. I’m going to tear it up starting tomorrow

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m bringing this bag with me to the other house. I bought it at that shop in Kilkenny so maybe it will help some manifestations 213561BB-84E1-452C-85F0-EBEB1DCB697F.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m bringing this bag with me to the other house. I bought it at that shop in Kilkenny so maybe it will help some manifestations 213561BB-84E1-452C-85F0-EBEB1DCB697F.jpeg

Sounds like a plan! Happy hunting tomorrow and hope those rings turn up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results