shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some good vibes sent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BC529713-954E-49CD-B5BF-CA2810A18339.jpeg

We camped at the end of March. I don’t usually wear my rings camping, but this campground is nearby, so we put the RV out there for like 5 days and spent one night at home. It’s possible I wore them, but I don’t think I did. I haven’t found the rings yet, so I should check.

Would be worth a try I think. At least you could know for sure they are not there.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m assuming you checked all of the articles of clothing you wear that have zipper/pockets. Could you have tucked them in a zipper pocket if you needed to take them off for a minute. Maybe a hole in a jacket pocket? Just brainstorming where I would check. Still sending luck they turn up and soon!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m assuming you checked all of the articles of clothing you wear that have zipper/pockets. Could you have tucked them in a zipper pocket if you needed to take them off for a minute. Maybe a hole in a jacket pocket? Just brainstorming where I would check. Still sending luck they turn up and soon!!

Yes, I did. I’m down to what I call “truly stupid places“ and “places that don’t make any sense” thanks though. I appreciate the helpful replies.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings.

ok. So I discovered the rings were missing around October 26th or so. It’s been 6 weeks of active searching.

I had my son shake out and dig in all the chairs at the other house (My brother did too) and no rings. They are not in the RV.

I don’t think we are going to file insurance right now because of reasons I said (though I am getting more comfortable with the idea of sending the lost ones to the insurance companies should I ever find them), but then many people in my life have said I should file a claim and it’s not a big deal and the ins companies deal with it every day. Loss is their business etc.

I’m REALLY missing my sapphire ring.

How long do you think you would wait to file a claim, IF you were to file a claim? Does anyone have an opinion about waiting until January instead of December? @mrs-b isn’t your husband in insurance (don’t reply if you can’t. I don’t mean to tax you).

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
YESTERDAY!! After all the searching that you have done and the village that has helped search, I think you can and should in good faith and conscience file a claim. After all the stress and anxiety, I think its time to move on to the next stage. We'll figure out what to do if and when you find the rings. Let's make a new thread for sapphire hunting!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I would file now. This is why we pay for insurance. I don't think there's a benefit to waiting - sure, pieces turn up later, but they generally mean years later not weeks. You've made a very good faith effort to find the missing pieces.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I think it depends on your reasonable certainty that the rings are gone. That is not to say that they will never turn up, but rather you feel it is reasonable to assume they are gone based upon all of your searching.
That is what insurance is for - to try to make you whole again from a loss. If you file a claim and replace them, you can always deal with the what if when they are found - if ever.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YESTERDAY!! After all the searching that you have done and the village that has helped search, I think you can and should in good faith and conscience file a claim. After all the stress and anxiety, I think its time to move on to the next stage. We'll figure out what to do if and when you find the rings. Let's make a new thread for sapphire hunting!

Thank you with your enthusiasm. From
The bottom of my heart, it gave me all the feels I need to feel about this.

I have a sapphire in mind but it doesn’t have the hint violet modifier I like, but it’s gorgeous. I just need to decide how bad I want the hint of violet.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I think it depends on your reasonable certainty that the rings are gone. That is not to say that they will never turn up, but rather you feel it is reasonable to assume they are gone based upon all of your searching.
That is what insurance is for - to try to make you whole again from a loss. If you file a claim and replace them, you can always deal with the what if when they are found - if ever.
I definitely feel they are gone and I’m not getting them back. Like I cleaned out my husband’s bar yesterday (I usually do it in December since we used to host the Christmas party in the before times). There was no reason to think they would be there but that is what I’m down to. Like I took everything out, including glass shelves and cleaned it all and put it all back.

No rings.

@kb1gra Thank you

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely feel they are gone and I’m not getting them back. Like I cleaned out my husband’s bar yesterday (I usually do it in December since we used to host the Christmas party in the before times). There was no reason to think they would be there but that is what I’m down to. Like I took everything out, including glass shelves and cleaned it all and put it all back.

No rings.

@kb1gra Thank you

Well, onward and upward! Let us know what you decide but as I said before, this is your chance for better than before. Then you will feel like it is not all for naught!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings.

Well, it’s over.

Filing with insurance was a breeze. Both policies were personal articles, so they took my statement and gave me money. They both said they took the missing ones off my policy so I didn’t have to pay for them any more and both said to reinsure the replacements.

I’m not replacing the solitaire right now (it was a cut to order). I am going to remake the sapphire three stone, but I’ll probably use my studs as the side stones and then get larger lab studs.

I am ok with sending the lost rings to the insurance companies if we should ever find them. That was the last hump I had to get over for me to file.

I haven’t bought a sapphire yet. I have some in mind. I’m not in a rush to remake it. I wasn’t expecting the emotional punch that happened with losing the rings, so honestly I think I’m going to move to lab diamonds just to take some cost out in case it should ever happen again. IDK. I might have to sit on it for a while until I get over that.

I‘m probably going to ask Ella to lock this thread.

I thank you and appreciate all the support I had here. It means a lot to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results