shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some good vibes sent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a hint. It’s not going well so far. No rings. But I just got started an hour ago and am stopping now to go to bed. DH and I were standing in the bedroom just dumbfounded how we haven’t found these rings yet.

It makes the most sense that they are here. It’s on tomorrow.

@MissGotRocks thank you

@luvmysparklies exactly! Thank you. These rings need to find me at this point.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it an older house, or located near an old woodsy area?
Leave a saucer with a bit of milk out as a bribe for the fae/brownie or whatever it may be in that area.

I thought there was an old thread banging around here where one or two PS members who had the sight were able to divine where the lost items were of other members - but I can’t find it.

Best wishes

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leave a saucer with a bit of milk out as a bribe for the fae/brownie or whatever it may be in that area.

I thought there was an old thread banging around here where one or two PS members who had the sight were able to divine where the lost items were of other members - but I can’t find it.

Best wishes

Not a bad idea… it’s New Orleans. Lots of spirits around. Also, yes, house is about 80 years old. (Not old for Europe i suppose)

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings.

I think they are just gone and I’m going to have to come to acceptance about it.

I still have some looking to do in this room, but DH is also looking. I’ll say: “oh! I don’t know why they would be there, but would you go check the windowsill in the shower (yes, the shower has a high up window lol). And DH would say that he checked it earlier and they aren’t there.

Like in the other house, I’m also cleaning and organizing (this room really needed it bad!) so at least I can say that happened.

We took the bed apart this morning and there is nothing under or around it. I also took off all the sheets.

Nothing. Just nothing of interest except dust bunny families.

Oh, I do have to put on a pair of gloves and a mask and go through the entire roomba trash can. (You know how they can self clean?)

Thanks for following along. I think this thread is done.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry @whitewave. I still hold out hope that they will be discovered in some less than usual place but I do understand having to come to terms. Take care of yourself and we will just be grateful that in all your travels, you came home safely. I hate lost things and I do think things happen for a reason, although they may not be clear at this point. Perhaps there is something bigger and more grand on your horizon! Big hugs to you!!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
In the time since you last remember having them, during your travels, rushing to your daughter in Ireland etc., can you think of any circumstances that you had to take them off quickly? Doing something messy with your hands, using a tool, lifting something heavy? Something that may have caused you to stash them in a jean pocket, or in a dish or mug in your kitchen cabinet thinking you would put them right back on after, and then forgot to.

My gut tells me they are still with you somewhere.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I've had notoriously bad luck with lined coats and jackets having holes in the pockets and items slipping through into the "in between" layer. I've found long lost lip balms, enough change for a coffee... Just a thought to check for that too.

Ideas maybe to jog your memory:
Was it cold or extra hot and your fingers might have gotten swollen and you took it off somewhere?
Washing your hands?
Lost and found at a hospital or other out of the primary place?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. DH is ready to buy me new rings (except that I need to do that myself… for the love of God please don’t let him to go to a maul store)… but we both agree we have to wait a few months hoping they will turn up someplace weird.

I hope they are here somewhere, and I truly appreciate the encouragement (esp. from experience) that I was tired or busy and I put them somewhere odd that seemed just right at the time. That they are still here somewhere.

I can’t remember anything. I really can’t. I have gotten nowhere with trying to remember when I last had them or which house etc. I draw a blank.

I think I have read every thread in here about lost jewelry and the claims process. It was interesting to see several posters have two houses and didn’t know which house the item was at so that was somewhat comforting.

In the next few months we have of course the holidays, then a wedding at the other house area then the ball again here, so I’m holding out hope that we will grab something and one of us will put a hand in and get excited “here they are!” and we will be relieved and laugh and I’ll never do that again.

Its a nice dream.

ETA: the longer this goes on, the more I am worried they were accidentally thrown away. I have severe sleep apnea and wear a full face mask with my Cpap. Occasionally, the cord has gotten wrapped around my neck (I am a restless sleeper) and I have rolled over and have knocked the entire unit off my nightstand. On these occasions, the Cpap has knocked a bunch of things off the nightstand with it, and sometimes things fall in the trash. Of course, this happens in the middle of the night when my brain isn’t at its best, so it’s very possible they fell into the trash can and I never knew to look. Trash was taken out. Rings gone.

We ended up dashing home yesterday from the other house, so I didn’t get to go through the roomba trash can there. My son knows not to empty it so I will go through it next time.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(No rings)

The psychic’s assistant got back to me and while she expressed understanding and empathy for lost rings, helping to find lost items is not where her gifts lie. She also gave me suggestions on how to find a good psychic. :idea: Well, at least I can tell the insurance company I tried.

Todd and I are planning to have a session next week. I don’t know what day yet.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock

Best wishes

Yes I remember an interesting thread about paranormal experiences and someone was suggesting where to look for Garry H’s lost stone.. seems like there were two or more PSers here who have some gifts

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings but maybe this is a clue. I buy ornaments for myself when I travel. I know I bought one in Kilkenny, Ireland and it was placed in a small gift box. I have a gift box with an ornament in it in my island drawer. I just opened it and it’s the ornament from Olympic National Park from August.

So where is the Ireland ornament? Now I wonder if I have a bag of stuff missing? Or did I give the ornament to someone? Are my rings with this supposed (currently imaginary) stuff?

DH and I are casually looking (I’m so exhausted. I seriously can barely check anymore) in what I call “stupid places”… like I had him remove the microwave from its place just in case I put the rings on top of it and they fell down the side or behind it. No rings but illustrating where we are in this process.

I’m looking on the Kilkenny design shop website next for ornaments to try and find the one I think I bought or if my imagination is playing tricks on me.

I don’t know why the rings would be with the ornament, but I’m writing this down in case I give up for a while and have to remember at a later date to follow this up.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings

Here is where DH is: make a new ring. Please. Whether we put a claim in on the lost one or find it— we will deal with that when it happens.

He said to buy a bigger and better sapphire now. Start gathering like I did with the last one.

He can’t stand my upset state and preoccupation and just wants me to be happy so please just start over (disregarding insurance claims for now) and if we find the first one, I can have two or sell one or whatever we decide if that happens.

Idk. I have found a Sapphire I will love but idk what to do here. Sitting on it.

I appreciate his point of view.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings

Here is where DH is: make a new ring. Please. Whether we put a claim in on the lost one or find it— we will deal with that when it happens.

He said to buy a bigger and better sapphire now. Start gathering like I did with the last one.

He can’t stand my upset state and preoccupation and just wants me to be happy so please just start over (disregarding insurance claims for now) and if we find the first one, I can have two or sell one or whatever we decide if that happens.

Idk. I have found a Sapphire I will love but idk what to do here. Sitting on it.

I am sorry you have not yet found the other rings. Your DH's reaction would be my DH's reaction as well.
TG it was insured. Have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving and I am still hoping you will find it but either way all is OK.
Gentle hugs to you

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings

Definitely bigger and better so that it is an improvement. For your mental health, this may be the best thing to do. My husband would probably say the same thing and I would surely appreciate his care and understanding. Think it over, enjoy Thanksgiving Day, and sleep on it tonight. Clarity will come!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No rings.

I’ve stopped the self-flagellation.

When I was reclining in DH’s big chair at the other house, I swear I heard a ding like something dropped out of it. We checked and nothing was there. But it continues to bother me, so when I go back in like 2 weekends, I’m going to tear that chair apart, just in case.

I think what I am going to do is buy another sapphire and eventually remake that ring. The solitaire can wait.

We have currently decided to not put insurance claims in since I don’t want to have to turn rings over to them if I find them. Both insurance companies told me I have about a year from the end of October, and one said there is really no time limit on making claims.

I’ve continued with organizing projects. I’ve read up on hypnotizing and there are double blind studies showing it’s helpful for many things, so I’m looking forward to my session with Todd on Thursday.

I’ll probably ask mods to move this thread over to hangout. I’ll be very surprised if I find the rings any time soon. Positive thinking and all of that, but I can’t shake this feeling of loss that has been with me since day 1.

I went back to the Ireland pics and really blew them up and shows what I know…. I wasn’t wearing that channel set band. I was wearing my Brian Gavin Sapphire and diamond band that is in my avatar. Could I have, in my haste, worn all of my rings to Ireland?!?!? (the BG band, the solitaire and the sapphire 3 stone)

We did have an incident on my second full day there where someone came into our room at the Hilton brand hotel while we were sleeping, changed some non working outlets out at the bed, unplugged my Cpap from the borrowed extension cord while I was using it, plugged be back in to the now working outlet and took the extension cord back. I was obviously dead asleep (jet lagged) and my daughter had no idea either since she had Covid (I hope the person wore a mask). Could this person have swiped the more expensive rings and in my jet lag fog, didn’t even realize it. (again, I am so sorry to speculate on the motives of people who work hard for a living. I still think I am the culprit).

Kid #3 totaled his F150 Sunday night at 10 pm and asked for me to go, so I arrived around midnight and helped him navigate that and came home yesterday, so you know, I have to get back into my life. I dont have the luxury anymore of sitting around thinking about where my rings could be. I have to be present In my life. Rings are things and people and relationships are more important than things.

I am very grateful both drivers are not injured and are ok.

8E5B72C4-AFD9-45DD-8E93-8C6033908C90.jpeg

BD14B492-2DC3-41DA-A9FB-EF39216CDEDE.jpeg

1C4FC1DF-11EF-4B54-82AA-636D32F1ABCA.jpeg

D1B56E0A-4976-4C95-95F0-EA504444E35B.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness ! Thank goodness your son and the other driver is AOK. Wow. Really does put it all into perspective. Big hugs to you and your family

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad that your son is ok - more scary stuff!
I still hold out hope that you find those rings somewhere but certainly understand the need to move on from the situation. By giving it time, you might finally be at peace with the fact that the rings are gone and can use your insurance benefit to replace them - feeling confident that the former rings are really gone.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! So glad to hear that your son and the other driver are uninjured!

I really have to give you kudos for your dedication. You have metaphorically turned over every possible leaf you can in your search. Whatever happens I hope you find peace with the situation.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! So glad to hear that your son and the other driver are uninjured!

I really have to give you kudos for your dedication. You have metaphorically turned over every possible leaf you can in your search. Whatever happens I hope you find peace with the situation.

I’m working on coming to peace about it, acceptance. I truly believe they are gone.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I’m working on coming to peace about it, acceptance. I truly believe they are gone.

I just wanted to add that I have been in your shoes, albeit with a small pair of diamond hoops. They weren't worth much, but I got them for my wedding and I hate losing things-especially nice jewelry. After a couple of months of uneasiness, I replaced them with a nicer pair and was able to move on. Ironically, then I found them a year and a half later in a pair of sneakers in my walk in closet. I still have NO idea how they got there!

Wishing you peace and light, but SO glad that your son is ok. You are absolutely right-rings are just things!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to add that I have been in your shoes, albeit with a small pair of diamond hoops. They weren't worth much, but I got them for my wedding and I hate losing things-especially nice jewelry. After a couple of months of uneasiness, I replaced them with a nicer pair and was able to move on. Ironically, then I found them a year and a half later in a pair of sneakers in my walk in closet. I still have NO idea how they got there!

Wishing you peace and light, but SO glad that your son is ok. You are absolutely right-rings are just things!

If I do ever find them, it’s probably going to be in the most random place.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @whitewave, I have never seen a more dedicated person. If it were me, I would have cried a while, looked a little bit and just claimed it and would be already expecting my new ring. Excuse to upgrade! I truly admire your commitment. I love that your DH is encouraging you to get a new sapphire already. At this point, you deserve all new rings, with all the effort you have put into looking. I hope you look forward to the new hunt and a lovely new stone. If you ever find it, you will have extra rings for your children.
Also, thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. How scary that accident looked. You have your precious children and now you get new rings. Looking forward to see what your new project will bring. Hugs to you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @whitewave, I have never seen a more dedicated person. If it were me, I would have cried a while, looked a little bit and just claimed it and would be already expecting my new ring. Excuse to upgrade! I truly admire your commitment. I love that your DH is encouraging you to get a new sapphire already. At this point, you deserve all new rings, with all the effort you have put into looking. I hope you look forward to the new hunt and a lovely new stone. If you ever find it, you will have extra rings for your children.
Also, thank goodness no one was seriously hurt. How scary that accident looked. You have your precious children and now you get new rings. Looking forward to see what your new project will bring. Hugs to you.

Thank you. I have held off on getting the new sapphire (but did already contact the vendor and get a video etc) because I really loved the one I had. Plus, I have no CBIs now, so I am motivated to find the missing ones.

I do agree that by waiting a year, if it turns up, I’ll just keep it. It will make a gorgeous engagement ring for someone as is, or for the sapphire as the ER. Whatever they would want.

I say it, because although I am missing the solitaire, it was my second ER. It’s the sapphire 3 stone that is really getting me down.

In my mind, I’m thinking maybe by February if I don’t find them, I’ll go ahead and get the sapphire. I told the vendor my time table and he knows I know that I don’t have any rights to the stone. If its gone, it’s gone. I’ll eventually get a new one.

I haven’t accepted yet that the rings are gone gone, so I want to let some more time pass. I guess I’ll know when it’s time.

Thank you for your thoughts. My son is good and he did get word yesterday that the truck is officially totaled, so he is waiting to see what that check is for and then we will have to hunt for a new vehicle for him. Thank goodness we pulled the kids off our policies and put them on their own ones so that my CLUE report won’t take 3 hits in the next year.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
No rings.

I’ve stopped the self-flagellation.

When I was reclining in DH’s big chair at the other house, I swear I heard a ding like something dropped out of it. We checked and nothing was there. But it continues to bother me, so when I go back in like 2 weekends, I’m going to tear that chair apart, just in case.

I think what I am going to do is buy another sapphire and eventually remake that ring. The solitaire can wait.

We have currently decided to not put insurance claims in since I don’t want to have to turn rings over to them if I find them. Both insurance companies told me I have about a year from the end of October, and one said there is really no time limit on making claims.

I’ve continued with organizing projects. I’ve read up on hypnotizing and there are double blind studies showing it’s helpful for many things, so I’m looking forward to my session with Todd on Thursday.

I’ll probably ask mods to move this thread over to hangout. I’ll be very surprised if I find the rings any time soon. Positive thinking and all of that, but I can’t shake this feeling of loss that has been with me since day 1.

I went back to the Ireland pics and really blew them up and shows what I know…. I wasn’t wearing that channel set band. I was wearing my Brian Gavin Sapphire and diamond band that is in my avatar. Could I have, in my haste, worn all of my rings to Ireland?!?!? (the BG band, the solitaire and the sapphire 3 stone)

We did have an incident on my second full day there where someone came into our room at the Hilton brand hotel while we were sleeping, changed some non working outlets out at the bed, unplugged my Cpap from the borrowed extension cord while I was using it, plugged be back in to the now working outlet and took the extension cord back. I was obviously dead asleep (jet lagged) and my daughter had no idea either since she had Covid (I hope the person wore a mask). Could this person have swiped the more expensive rings and in my jet lag fog, didn’t even realize it. (again, I am so sorry to speculate on the motives of people who work hard for a living. I still think I am the culprit).

Kid #3 totaled his F150 Sunday night at 10 pm and asked for me to go, so I arrived around midnight and helped him navigate that and came home yesterday, so you know, I have to get back into my life. I dont have the luxury anymore of sitting around thinking about where my rings could be. I have to be present In my life. Rings are things and people and relationships are more important than things.

I am very grateful both drivers are not injured and are ok.

8E5B72C4-AFD9-45DD-8E93-8C6033908C90.jpeg

BD14B492-2DC3-41DA-A9FB-EF39216CDEDE.jpeg

1C4FC1DF-11EF-4B54-82AA-636D32F1ABCA.jpeg

D1B56E0A-4976-4C95-95F0-EA504444E35B.jpeg

First and foremost, I am so glad that your son and the other driver are ok!
Secondly, I just want to advise that when you tear that recliner apart, please both of you wear a mask and if you can do that in a place (garage or outside) it will be better.

Furniture is treated with flame retardants and they slowly release formaldehyde into the environment. Some are sensitive to it (like me) others are not. While I don't imagine you pulling a Freddie Kruger on the cushions, still be careful taking it apart because of the dust you may not see. Having chemical laden dust just floating around as you tear apart the recliner to be eventually breathed in is not good....Just a little note from the MCS section:geek:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First and foremost, I am so glad that your son and the other driver are ok!
Secondly, I just want to advise that when you tear that recliner apart, please both of you wear a mask and if you can do that in a place (garage or outside) it will be better.

Furniture is treated with flame retardants and they slowly release formaldehyde into the environment. Some are sensitive to it (like me) others are not. While I don't imagine you pulling a Freddie Kruger on the cushions, still be careful taking it apart because of the dust you may not see. Having chemical laden dust just floating around as you tear apart the recliner to be eventually breathed in is not good....Just a little note from the MCS section:geek:

Thank you for the warning, I actually didn't know that.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOSH!! thankfully they are all ok!! I love your attitude, rings can be replaced, lost time with family cannot. I saw your possible looking on the other thread and i wish you well with it! try to see it as a happy new project.

Lpsl

Rough_Rock
I've had notoriously bad luck with lined coats and jackets having holes in the pockets and items slipping through into the "in between" layer. I've found long lost lip balms, enough change for a coffee... Just a thought to check for that too.

Ideas maybe to jog your memory:
Was it cold or extra hot and your fingers might have gotten swollen and you took it off somewhere?
Washing your hands?
Lost and found at a hospital or other out of the primary place?

I have found long lost items through holes in purse linings as well…

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found long lost items through holes in purse linings as well…

No rings.

I’m getting itchy because I miss my sapphire ring so bad. But I want to check the lounge chairs at the other house first and really shake them out.

I also want to get in the RV myself and look, but the storage unit is in a spooky desolate area. It’s gated and has cameras, but it’s not a place for a woman to go alone. DH is so busy and it’s on the other side of town, so I don’t know when we can make that happen. We might to camping and that will be the best way for me to look.

I did the hypnosis session. It was very good (thread on hangout). I have scheduled another session.

I want to find the rings. I hope I find the rings. I’ll be surprised if I find the rings. I just don’t know what happened. It’s a Fing mystery.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you use the RV after your travels or before? Hopefully you can get a friend to go with you to look!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BC529713-954E-49CD-B5BF-CA2810A18339.jpeg
Did you use the RV after your travels or before? Hopefully you can get a friend to go with you to look!

We camped at the end of March. I don’t usually wear my rings camping, but this campground is nearby, so we put the RV out there for like 5 days and spent one night at home. It’s possible I wore them, but I don’t think I did. I haven’t found the rings yet, so I should check.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results