shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some good vibes sent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, everyone, long time no post. I’ve been doing 7 months of revenge traveling and have finally stopped and am trying to reintegrate into my life.

I have misplaced my CBI solitaire, my CBI and sapphire 3 stone ring and a channel set band. This is a combo I did wear together, so I don’t think they were taken. I don’t take them when I travel (I only take Fakes to travel with), so pretty sure I haven’t lost them on the road. I do have the other house and I did a cursory check there yesterday and nothing… I tore up my closet today and one of our safes and so far nothing. So they aren’t in the first 3 places I would have expected them to be.

You know how it’s been with the pandemic: I wasn’t wearing any jewelry, and with travel, I wasn’t taking them out once a month to do the ultrasonic etc, so I haven’t been paying much attention to my jewelry. I admit I am very discombobulated right now and I’ve cancelled plans to go somewhere this weekend because I need to calm down, center myself, clear my mind and find these rings.

I can’t remember the last time I wore them, so I can’t even start with that.

One place I think I likely wore them was the Mardi Gras ball last February, which makes me a bit anxious because we did stay at a hotel and my daughter was presented so it was chaos. The next morning we had to rush to get to the King’s brunch and we had been drinking at the ball, so god only knows what might have happened there. I can only hope they made it home and that wasn’t the last time I had them. So now that I said I don’t travel with them, I give an example of traveling with them. Gah, I have to go look at a photo from that night to see what jewelry I have on.

The more I look and don’t find them, the more I get a feeling of doom. The 3 stone is insured, I don’t know offhand if the solitaire is and I know the channel set is not. If the ball was the last place, then I need to check hub’s tux, etc. My daughter’s pearls she wore that night are safe and sound so I lean toward thinking the ball is not where I misplaced them.

If I had to guess I would say they are together and safe in one of the houses. I really hate this feeling. Please send me good juju and success in finding them vibes. I feel overwhelmed and anxious.

Thank you!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry you‘re dealing with this! I know the anxiety of misplacing something and having no memory of where I last had it. I’m hoping you find them safe and sound…and quickly.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MamaBear

I was just coming on to say crap. These are the rings I was wearing at the ball, so it adds a larger layer of places I have to look. What I don’t understand is why they aren’t with the matching earrings and necklace, which are safe and sound.

I was also hoping that by posting, they would be found easily because I usually find things right after I post they are missing.

I just have a bad feeling about this and it’s far to late to call the hotel about it. I feel sick.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any pictures from the brunch that might show you wearing them? At least you'll know you had them on the
next morning. What about any pictures you've taken at home that might show they made it back home with you?

*Sending dust!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to read this! Go through all of your luggage, cosmetic cases and dress bags that you might have taken to the ball. Lots of dust and good wishes for finding them safe and sound! I can imagine how panicked you must feel - hugs! Perhaps after a good night’s sleep things might become clearer to you.

ringupthebling

Rough_Rock
I'm so sorry you are going through this! Sending you lots of good vibes! In addition to going through all your luggage and bags from your Mardi Gras ball trip, perhaps going through photos to see if you spot your rings since that night would give you an idea of when was the last time you wore them. Hope you find them soon!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 @MissGotRocks @ringupthebling thank you so much. This is what I needed, people who would give me ideas and help me troubleshoot.

We don’t have any pics from the brunch, and if I had to guess, I would say my fingers swelled up and the rings didn’t fit or were uncomfortable and that is why I didn’t have them on for the brunch. (If I didn’t have them on at brunch. If I did, they made it home).

I also can’t find my overnight bag. This puzzles me. I have stopped looking for today.

Tomorrow, I am going to get back in the closet and as you suggested, get every bag, wallet and clutch out and dig through them all. I seem to remember a small jewelry case— gold and zips— that someone gave my daughter for the ball (she received a lot of presents) and I don’t know where that is either. So my overnight carry all and that small gold jewelry zip case are two things I will search for also tomorrow.

Well, both houses are going to get a thorough cleaning during this process. As when I lost my diamond stud earring, I will turn both houses upside down and inside out to find them.

I am concerned about my persistent feeling of dread about this one though. At least with the earring, I knew it was in one house because I knew when it flew out of my hand. (if you remember, I found it in the tiny space at the dishwasher where you put your finger in to turn it on).

This makes me so nervous because there is a hotel, a car, a brunch spot, home plus drinking (and I don’t drink but I was stressed that night and did have a few) involved. Also, when I’m overwhelmed and busy (this was like a wedding), I tend to stash things in “safe spots” that make sense at the time.

At least I know I haven’t purged things without looking through pockets and zip pouches etc… I always check something before I donate it or throw it out.

And if the ball was the last place I remember having them, that means they are likely in this house somewhere.

I will spend tonight looking through all my pics starting in February to see if I am wearing any of the rings. That will give me a better time frame.

Thank you, everyone , for the help.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sending you good vibes! Maybe pray to St. Anthony (if you believe in that type of stuff).

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tyty333 @MissGotRocks @ringupthebling thank you so much. This is what I needed, people who would give me ideas and help me troubleshoot.

We don’t have any pics from the brunch, and if I had to guess, I would say my fingers swelled up and the rings didn’t fit or were uncomfortable and that is why I didn’t have them on for the brunch. (If I didn’t have them on at brunch. If I did, they made it home).

I also can’t find my overnight bag. This puzzles me. I have stopped looking for today.

Tomorrow, I am going to get back in the closet and as you suggested, get every bag, wallet and clutch out and dig through them all. I seem to remember a small jewelry case— gold and zips— that someone gave my daughter for the ball (she received a lot of presents) and I don’t know where that is either. So my overnight carry all and that small gold jewelry zip case are two things I will search for also tomorrow.

Well, both houses are going to get a thorough cleaning during this process. As when I lost my diamond stud earring, I will turn both houses upside down and inside out to find them.

I am concerned about my persistent feeling of dread about this one though. At least with the earring, I knew it was in one house because I knew when it flew out of my hand. (if you remember, I found it in the tiny space at the dishwasher where you put your finger in to turn it on).

This makes me so nervous because there is a hotel, a car, a brunch spot, home plus drinking (and I don’t drink but I was stressed that night and did have a few) involved. Also, when I’m overwhelmed and busy (this was like a wedding), I tend to stash things in “safe spots” that make sense at the time.

At least I know I haven’t purged things without looking through pockets and zip pouches etc… I always check something before I donate it or throw it out.

And if the ball was the last place I remember having them, that means they are likely in this house somewhere.

I will spend tonight looking through all my pics starting in February to see if I am wearing any of the rings. That will give me a better time frame.

Thank you, everyone , for the help.

I do remember the lost earring! I hope you have the same experience this time - found in an unlikely but safe space. Please keep us posted and know we are here for you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see you! Hope you had some fun travels!

You did not lose them at the ball or hotel. so you can stop worrying about that! You know why? Because I am 100% certain that you would have noticed them missing surely within the first 24 hours. So they made it home with you.

I try to be SO careful to put things back where they belong, but there's that occasional time where I am in a hurry and stick something in an alternate safe place and then drive myself crazy trying to find it later! I think this is what happened with your pieces. It's just been months now since you saw your rings and you have long forgotten where you put them! So just think of alternate places you could have placed them, then search every drawer, every closet, the kitchen, laundry room, etc. until you cover every square inch of both houses. They'll turn up, and you'll likely never place the jewelry anywhere but the safe again! Good luck!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so admire your calm and methodical nature of walking it back and looking. I am so relentless when I can’t find something and I perseverate torturously over it, small as it might be.
Sending you all the dust that you find them tomorrow. I seem to recall you losing a loose diamond and finding it in the flooring of your kitchen? Please forgive me if I am mistaken. But if it’s you, I feel like you will find your beautiful rings!!!
Also, welcome back, I noticed you’d been absent.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lulu_ma @diamondseeker2006 @MissGotRocks @Slickk the reassurance really helps. Slickk, that diamond was between the dishwasher top and the bottom of the counter that only your index finger fits in.

Well, I have deduced a few things: DH checked his tux and then remembered he had to rent tails, which at the time I returned and I checked all pockets and the tux rental place also did. So that part is clear.

My pictures didn’t turn up anything. But my sister did come to New Orleans in mid May to help me with my mom who had surgery, so now I think I might have worn this ring combo there. (I do tend to wear my jewelry in the New Orleans area since it’s a dressier area and women dress up and bling up). I was wearing linen dresses and I’m willing to bet that is why the sapphire ring isn’t with the matching earrings and pendant. I probably didn’t wear all the bling. Just the rings.

So now that house is back in play. And I’m still wondering where my canvas weekender bag is— that is the bag I usually bring with me back and forth to the other house. (God help me with the other house— it’s the one that is old and has nooks and crannies).

So my goal tomorrow is to finish tearing apart my closet and to find that giant weekender bag— I mean it’s not a small bag. It’s usually in the way. I can’t believe I don’t know where it is.

Ok I just thought of something now that I am writing this out. Now I remember that if you all remember (I think I posted here) that while I was helping my mom, my twins flew to dublin and my daughter caught covid on the plane. So DH had to pack for me and get my passport from my main house; he brought that all to me to the other house and I flew straight from there to dublin where my daughter and I got stuck for 10 days because she couldn’t pull a negative to get home. I did wear the channel set band but I’m 98% certain I didn’t wear the solitaire and the 3 stone. So I wouldn’t have had a jewelry case with me so probably stashed them somewhere safe at the other house while I went to Ireland. On the way home, I ended up awake for 24 hours, gorked out for a day with jet lag and then we dashed home because my daughter was desperate to get back to her city.

I very well could have stashed them somewhere in a bag or forgot about them and never got them from where ever I stashed them before going to Ireland.

I need to find the canvas bag. Thank you all again for understanding this. It’s hard in real life to say something like “I’m missing 20K worth of jewelry and it’s giving me anxiety.”

So now I’m at theories:

1) in this house from after the ball

2) at the other house stashed quickly before I dashed to Ireland then forgot to bring home

Ok. I’m feeling a little better about it— it might take a while but I’ll likely find them.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you dust and good vibes. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Sending good vibes!! Something similar happened to me. I also had a second house and when I realized I couldn’t find two of my rings I went so berserk looking for them that I booked a flight to go back to the other house. I didn’t find them there at first and then the next day when I got into the car (the one that lives at other house) they were in a little console underneath the emergency brake. When I saw them I instantly remembered what happened which is I had to pop the trunk and it was really difficult to pull the lever because the lever was broken so I removed my rings to do it and then totally forgot them there. I had absolutely no memory of that when I was trying to think of where my rings might be but then when I saw them I instantly remembered. So I’m really really really really hoping that you find them! I can understand why you’re so upset.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
I totally know the heart sinking feeling of losing or misplacing jewelery. I too tend to place them in a safe hiding spot when I'm not able to put them away securely and then sometimes forget where I put it! It usually turns up after enough searching. Hoping you find these soon!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sending positive vibes and good wishes.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sent, waiting for an update that you got them and found the treasures you have carefully put away. You will remember, you will remember, you will ...

Wink, the sapphire and diamond ring you made me is my precious. I’ll never forgive myself if I don‘t find it.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so DH just found the canvas bag and it’s empty so darn it, I thought that was the key.

He also just found some cuties (peeled mandarin oranges) in the sofa where I was sitting because I’m so bent on solving this mystery that I forgot I was eating them and he basically sat on them. :lol::lol:

So I took a whole Xanax (otherwise my brain is going to try and solve this all night long) and I’ll dig through luggages and purses tomorrow.

please forgive me for stopping the personal replies for now. If I don’t stop now, this will go on all night. @Mreader I’m in driving distance to my other house but I wasn’t planning on going back for another 2 weeks or so. That might change.

ringnut

Rough_Rock
@whitewave I feel like you will find your rings at a moment you aren't expecting. Here's a story to demonstrate --

My mother lost a very expensive set of hearing aids after a vacation. She just knew they would be in one of her bags. She even called the hotel thinking she'd left them in the room. She had given up hope until a few weeks later. She dropped something on the floor of her bedroom, and when she bent down to pick it up, she spied one of the hearing aids under her bed. She remembered placing the hearing aids on her bed one day. She forgot they were there, and when she pulled back the covers to go to bed, she flung them across the room. She recovered both.

I hope this encourages you. You'll find them.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending some dust your way, and I hope they will be found soon!

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck vibes being sent. May you find your Jewels soon!

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Sending good thoughts your way! I keep checking this thread hoping to see that you found them. Will keep checking and hope to see good news soon.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Sending good vibes your way -- I'm sure they will turn up, and hopefully soon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!!! I’ve definitely felt this stress. Ugh. I hope you find it all, buckets of good vibes ;(

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N @Mreader @JV36912 @RunningwithScissors @ringnut @dk168 @missy @rungirl @kah42

@ringupthebling I’m definitely trying to remember which bags I brought that day, but I love bags so my kids affectionately call me “bag lady” lol. A lot of bags to go through.

@yssie

Thanks again, everyone, for the good wishes and stories. It really helps to see where other people found their lost jewelry.

I woke up again at 3 with some ideas that did not pan out this morning. I’m about to get back into my closet and tear it up some more.

I sort of have a vague recollection of wearing the solitaire over the summer (so say like july/august) and I noticed that although it was dirty, it still looked amazing. So I’m hoping that means it’s in this house and I’ll find it hopefully sooner rather than later.

DH is going to the other house for the Monday night NFL game so he said he is going to tear that house up for me. I told him to look in any bowls, containers, anything with zippers or even anything like old film canisters (remember those lol)— anything that can secure something and is handy.

So I’ll update when I find them or give up. I find sometimes it helps to quit and live your life and then you run across it accidentally (I believe someone mentioned this above and yes that has happened to me before).

If I decide to completely give up (greatest fear is they were accidentally thrown away), I’ll wait until after next ball to file a claim. Just to give it more time and be sure.

Thanks again.

Oh! Another thing I remembered is because my ball gown was high neck, I didn’t wear a necklace and I wore my long dangle sapphire and M colored diamond fancy earrings, so that would also be why the matching pendant and earrings were safe.

So at least this thread is helping me clear some things up.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Sending vibes your way! Is there any chance that your daughter may have them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results