shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some good vibes sent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just FYI..(because I think you'll find yours! Pretty good price IMO.)

Thanks, I’ll probably wait at least a year before trying again.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I see an update to this thread, I jump to it hoping that it will be the update that the rings are found. I'll bet a lot of us are doing the same thing, so that's a lot of good vibes coming your way!

This might sound a little crazy but have you considered buying or renting a metal detector? It might help you search in some of those hard-to-get-to places.

I’ve sort of considered it. One of my friends just bought one and he is having a great time searching his inlaws property for things.

I know, and I’m sorry. Every time I update I assume people are going to think I found them. It’s like when DH calls me from the other house. I get so disappointed when it’s not that.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just interesting that the band was found by itself in the closet - I thought for sure the other two couldn’t be far behind! Oh, how I hate lost things! Just makes me crazy so I can only imagine how you must feel!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just interesting that the band was found by itself in the closet - I thought for sure the other two couldn’t be far behind! Oh, how I hate lost things! Just makes me crazy so I can only imagine how you must feel!

Yes, I was thinking about this during the night. It’s possible I was wearing just the solitaire by itself but why would I do that? I usually wear with a band. But given that I can’t even remember when I last wore them, I guess anything is possible.

I just looked under and behind my bed as best I could (if you all remember, I had both knees replaced nearly 2 years ago so it’s hard to kneel and I can’t do it for long). Not there.

I guess I need to go shake out all of my shoes in the closet. I had not done that yet.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m also having draw organizers, pantry organizers and closet organizers coming throughout the week so I’ll be working on getting those installed.

Have you ever realized you have too much crap? That is where I am also.

Finding these rings is going to take upwards of a year if they are anywhere to be found. I don’t expect to find them before the new year. I need to call my insurance agent anyway so I’m going to find out more about which ones are insured and how that works.

I also sent a message to a small hotel on the coast where I stay often (they know me— it has I think 14 rooms) and since I stayed there in July, I went ahead and asked them if anyone found rings. I’m quite sure I would have noticed if I left them there. But it didn ‘t cost me anything to ask. I don’t think I wore them there.

Last edited:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Do you keep a calendar or planner? If searching doesn't bring any success, I wonder if retracing your steps through your planner would jog your memory. I also think your little jewelry case that is still missing is the key here.

Still sending good vibes your way!

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
I've held off responding to your situation, Whitewave, hoping that you would have found your lost beauties by this time. I walked in your shoes about 10 years ago when I lost my over 2 carat diamond ring with 6 side diamonds.

I had never lost a piece of jewelry in my life and there I was. I didn't leave our home for two weeks with the exception of the grocery store where I now realize it was lost. I searched every extra moment I had available. I won't go through all the details but I finally called my ring insurer, who in turn requested I notify the police department and file a report because of the value.

I have to say, my insurer was so calm and matter of fact and I was surprised they weren't as distressed as I was.:cry2: There are many twists and turns to the story but suffice to say, my ring was not found. I didn't want to replace it and if I could have had a cash value payment, I would have taken it. I was so devastated. But here I am 10 years later, wearing a beautiful diamond ring and enjoying it. I still often think of my lost ring and now desire much less fine jewelry. I have pared down so much of what filled our house in the last five years. Stuff can overwhelm life.

I guess I'm trying to reassure you that you're taking the right steps by notifying your insurer and the police. I'm hoping you find those special pieces soon but even more important, your stress lessens. I missed too much looking for that ring. The best of luck locating them.

Also, don't exclude anyone who may have had access to them, you never know...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@whitewave..I so hope you find your rings in your home. I hesitate to write this but I feel I should mention something that happened to my friend. She has beautiful jewelry..She hid them in her house. They had a cleaning lady that cleaned their house for over ten years. The lady was like family..One day my friend went to get her jewelry for an event she was going to with her husband. The jewelry was gone! She knew it couldn’t be anywhere else so she called the police. They wanted to know the names of all the people that were in her house including me! I understood..We laughed about it. She didn’t want to give the name of her cleaning lady. They insisted..It turned out that this lady had stolen from her throughout the years including this last huge haul. She had been noticing that things were missing but they were smaller things like a bottle of Champagne..It turned out the lady had tables set up in her house with various items to be sold like a store! Thank G she didn’t get a chance to sell my friend’s jewelry..on eBay! My friend was devastated..I would give the police the names of everyone that’s been in your house.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave..I so hope you find your rings in your home. I hesitate to write this but I feel I should mention something that happened to my friend. She has beautiful jewelry..She hid them in her house. They had a cleaning lady that cleaned their house for over ten years. The lady was like family..One day my friend went to get her jewelry for an event she was going to with her husband. The jewelry was gone! She knew it couldn’t be anywhere else so she called the police. They wanted to know the names of all the people that were in her house including me! I understood..We laughed about it. She didn’t want to give the name of her cleaning lady. They insisted..It turned out that this lady had stolen from her throughout the years including this last huge haul. She had been noticing that things were missing but they were smaller things like a bottle of Champagne..It turned out the lady had tables set up in her house with various items to be sold like a store! Thank G she didn’t get a chance to sell my friend’s jewelry..on eBay! My friend was devastated..I would give the police the names of everyone that’s been in your house.

Actually I get it. I had a cleaning lady steal painkillers and a gold and sapphire department store ring when DH was having chemo! and she was the mother of one of my students.

It could be them. I can’t say it’s not them. Nothing else is missing, and it’s my error for not putting the rings in the safe where they belong. Also, I wasn’t home a LOT and DH still had them come so there were days where they were in this house unsupervised. I hadn’t really thought about that aspect of it before… they had the whole house for the taking IF they wanted to. If they took the rings, both are gone and I’ll have to keep an eye from here on out of anything else. It’s the risk you take if you have people In the house. DH and I agree it’s probably 80% chance of lost in one of the houses and RV and then about 20% stolen or thrown away on accident. But sucks if it’s the 20%.

I went through the jewelry box again yesterday and these two rings are the only ones missing. So that is good to know for sure. Also, the small hotel got back to me to say they did not find anything.

I did look at Craigslist and came up with nothing, but I think some posts self delete at 45 days. I did try to check eBay but there were way too many hits for diamond and sapphire 3 stone ring.

One thing I did think of, going back to the ball, was that king’s brunch. DH would have been wearing a jacket that wasn’t the tux jacket so I have to see if he remembers which one it was so I can go through the pockets.

I keep saying I’m going to stop looking but I think of somewhere and it just takes a few minutes to look for instance if it’s a drawer. I even checked the container that holds my make up brushes. I like to drop things in small containers.

It would have been easy for the cleaners to swipe the rings if they were on the plate in the closet and they knew I was gone for two weeks and the closet door was open. It has a lock but we misplaced the key a while ago. (I did find a lot of keys in my nightstand so this reminds me to see if one of those belongs to the closet. I should just put one of those combination door handle and locks on it for convenience.

DH is checking the RV on the way home from work. Just a quick look in the most obvious spaces and then we will take it out one weekend so I can spend time in it looking.

The biggest bummer in having to wait to put a claim in is that I can‘t wear them obviously and I miss them both.

ETA: I thought about this some more about the cleaners, and they actually have a licensed and bonded cleaning company and they do a handful of houses and more businesses. They would be risking a lot for at the most $15k worth of rings. (I’d have to remember how much I paid for them). On the other hand, I’ve seen people ruin their lives and businesses over less, especially if they got away with it at first.

Oh and I’m going to do whatever insurance tells me to do in terms of needing a police report or whatnot.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are not in the most obvious places in the RV and not in two of DH’s jacket pockets. I didn’t think they were, but it was definitely worth a look.

I’m in the pouty stage of this. I don’t want to remake them. I especially don’t want to have to find a new sapphire (what a PITA). I got it right the first time and I don’t want to do that again.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are not in the most obvious places in the RV and not in two of DH’s jacket pockets. I didn’t think they were, but it was definitely worth a look.

I’m in the pouty stage of this. I don’t want to remake them. I especially don’t want to have to find a new sapphire (what a PITA). I got it right the first time and I don’t want to do that again.

Well, don’t give up yet! While you have checked most obvious places, it sounds like there are closets and clothes that still need checking. I surely understand your frustration but I think you will have to check everything before your mind will accept their loss.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, not trying to be mean. Have you checked with your house cleaners? Sorry if I missed it if you did.
Like, " I have been looking for my rings (show the pictures that you have) and before I file an insurance claim that will require a police report where they will do an investigation, I was wondering if you may have come across them and set them aside for me? Everything has been so hectic, so I thought I would double check with you."

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, not trying to be mean. Have you checked with your house cleaners? Sorry if I missed it if you did.
Like, " I have been looking for my rings (show the pictures that you have) and before I file an insurance claim that will require a police report where they will do an investigation, I was wondering if you may have come across them and set them aside for me? Everything has been so hectic, so I thought I would double check with you."

I did because they dust things etc and we talked about what would have happened if they vacuumed them up (they use a smaller vacuum so it’s easier to check when noisy things get sucked up) and we talked about the roomba. (They don’t think the suction is enough to suck up rings ).

I‘m tired. I’m drained. I won’t look today and tomorrow (funeral tomorrow). I need some down time before I start looking again. When my adult kids come home for thanksgiving, I will show them photos also so that they can be mindful of the situation.

I’m so mad/sad/confused about this.

At least my other house is a cottage so it should be a lot easier to search.

Thanks, everyone, for the help. Don’t expect a happy update soon and I’m probably going to stop updating this.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry about this and condolences about the funeral. Please do take time for yourself. ((hugs))

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, one last thing before I stop updating… Todd Grey of Nice Ice is also a hypnotherapist so I thought yesterday that I might contact him and see if we can do like a zoom session ot something. Might be worth a try.

I spoke with my mother this morning and she still has hope she will find her diamond and now she thinks it might have fallen off in the grass when she threw out the bucket of soapy water. (she uses the old fashioned rope mop that she hand wrings). I think this is a good idea for her so next time I’m in town, I will help her look in her grass. It’s taken her 4 years to think of that.

Ok. No more updates until I find them or move on.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

Hugs :pray:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A flashlight or metal detector might help your mother find her ring if it is in the grass.
Good luck with your continued search; glad to hear they are both insured as that takes the sting out of a loss.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A flashlight or metal detector might help your mother find her ring if it is in the grass.
Good luck with your continued search; glad to hear they are both insured as that takes the sting out of a loss.

Thanks, but it’s just her diamond, it popped out.

I have contacted both insurance agencies to let them know the date I noticed the rings missing and it’s going under “mysterious disappearance”

I did let them know I want several months to keep looking because I don’t want to put a claim in or replace these rings, and they both told me that was good but to file the claim well before a year is up. So I think around April if I don’t have them, I’ll begin the claims process.

The State Farm guy said people find their rings all the time 5-10 years after the claim was paid, so if that happens, just give State Farm the ring the claim was placed on and all will be well.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, but it’s just her diamond, it popped out.

I have contacted both insurance agencies to let them know the date I noticed the rings missing and it’s going under “mysterious disappearance”

I did let them know I want several months to keep looking because I don’t want to put a claim in or replace these rings, and they both told me that was good but to file the claim well before a year is up. So I think around April if I don’t have them, I’ll begin the claims process.

The State Farm guy said people find their rings all the time 5-10 years after the claim was paid, so if that happens, just give State Farm the ring the claim was placed on and all will be well.

Ugh on just the diamond but a flashlight might light it up in the grass. Hope no one mowed over it though!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you keep a calendar or planner? If searching doesn't bring any success, I wonder if retracing your steps through your planner would jog your memory. I also think your little jewelry case that is still missing is the key here.

Still sending good vibes your way!

So sorry! I just saw your post. Yes, the little gold jewelry case is making me crazy because I can’t find it; however, it could also mean the rings are safe and cushy.

@Sunrises Sunsets thank you! I don’t know how I also missed your post. yes, both insurance agents were totally calm and cool about this. They aren’t high end insurance policies… it’s not like I’m putting in a claim for 50k. I also found it helpful when my State Farm agent said that people do find jewelry after the claims and what to do if that happens. I’m sorry to hear about your ring and I agree after this I’d probably not want to make or buy anything new for a while. I also need to go back and reevaluate what pieces I don’t have insured and if I want to add insurance now before I put a claim in. I don’t know how long I might not be able to get jewelry insurance after this.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@whitewave this may sound insane, but have you tried St. Anthony? Disclaimer: I am not Catholic, but I am prone to losing things. A friend of mine who is Catholic taught me that St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost objects and can be invoked to find said objects. I thought it sounded ridiculous….until I tried it and promptly found the pants I had lost. And, I kid you not, it has worked every single time I have tried, with multiple lost things. He took a week with my earbuds, but I finally found them.

So what you do: you say, “Tony, Tony, come around. Whitewave’s ring is lost and must be found!”

I swear it works.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@whitewave this may sound insane, but have you tried St. Anthony? Disclaimer: I am not Catholic, but I am prone to losing things. A friend of mine who is Catholic taught me that St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost objects and can be invoked to find said objects. I thought it sounded ridiculous….until I tried it and promptly found the pants I had lost. And, I kid you not, it has worked every single time I have tried, with multiple lost things. He took a week with my earbuds, but I finally found them.

So what you do: you say, “Tony, Tony, come around. Whitewave’s ring is lost and must be found!”

I swear it works.

It worked for me many times! :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m actually Catholic although non-practicing and St. Anthony didn’t work for me :(

Maybe you also have to bury the statue. I wouldn’t even know where the nearest Jesus store is for that stuff.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I’m actually Catholic although non-practicing and St. Anthony didn’t work for me :(

Maybe you also have to bury the statue. I wouldn’t even know where the nearest Jesus store is for that stuff.

I think the statue stuff has to do with selling a house.

You know, when you read all this saint stuff together, it starts to sound a little like vodoo.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the statue stuff has to do with selling a house.

You know, when you read all this saint stuff together, it starts to sound a little like vodoo.

So wait, St. Anthony covers lost items AND helps houses get sold?! That’s a bum deal. If I’m going to have multiple responsibilities then I want to be patron saint of much less serious things LOL!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have invoked St. Anthony. Burying the statue is supposed to sell your house but when I did it, it sold the house down the street from me that was my competition lol.

Maybe I’m not at the correct house for St. Anthony to work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results