shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some good vibes sent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes, this will be while I’m doing the closets, thanks.

UPDATE: I just found the channel set band. It was in the closet under stuff. No sign of the other two rings yet, but at least I feel accomplished for today.

I had figured this would take a few hours a day for 2 weeks. I want to only devote mornings to this search when I am fresh. I might stop here for today.

So glad you found one - here's hoping for more! When you said "under some stuff" do you mean that it was on the floor? Or was it in a pocket of clothing? Just curious if where you found one may lead to finding another.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once I found my ring in the laundry basket.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
i heard a clunk
and rememebered

I hope I may tell a story this reminds me of. It is a story of a near permanent loss, but was only temporary...

Two friends of mine from childhood were dating. Madame rose early and headed to work. Monsieur rose later and in a moment of chivalry decided to do the dishes.

When he was nearly done he pulled the plug on the sink and turned on the disposal.
Then he saw the teacup at the back of the counter with soapy water.

That's right, he threw two rings from the teacup into the sink and realizing what he had done, hit the off switch on the disposal.

The tanzanite was scratched and scraped, but did not go down the sink. The large diamond inherited from her mother did go down the sink. The plumber was called and after removing the trap, he looked into the pipe with a flashlight. The family heirloom was stopped less than an inch from a permanent fall into the sewer.

A hanger was modified and carefully used to hook the diamond and withdraw it to the plumber's waiting hand. I remade both rings for her, and repolished the tanzanite and the diamond.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope I may tell a story this reminds me of. It is a story of a near permanent loss, but was only temporary...

Two friends of mine from childhood were dating. Madame rose early and headed to work. Monsieur rose later and in a moment of chivalry decided to do the dishes.

When he was nearly done he pulled the plug on the sink and turned on the disposal.

That's right, he threw two rings from the teacup into the sink and realizing what he had done, hit the off switch on the disposal.

The tanzanite was scratched and scraped, but did not go down the sink. The large diamond inherited from her mother did go down the sink. The plumber was called and after removing the trap, he looked into the pipe with a flashlight. The family heirloom was stopped less than an inch from a permanent fall into the sewer.

A hanger was modified and carefully used to hook the diamond and withdraw it to the plumber's waiting hand. I remade both rings for her, and repolished the tanzanite and the diamond.

holy cow o_O
that was lucky
o_O

i know i should have known better (why i didnt tell about it when it happened:roll2:)
i was very lucky it was the bathroom basin and i wasn't running any water at the time

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My biggest fears include this: maybe I was soaking them and someone tossed them. Or they fell off a dresser into the garbage can and were thrown away or the roomba ate them and they were thrown away. I would rather they were stolen so at least someone will enjoy them eventually.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you found one - here's hoping for more! When you said "under some stuff" do you mean that it was on the floor? Or was it in a pocket of clothing? Just curious if where you found one may lead to finding another
My mother gave us a 25th wedding anniversary saucer/ plate and I have it in the closet on a shelf and that is my staging area for my jewelry — usually before it goes in the safe. I have ADD so I don’t have executive functioning and that plate can sometimes become a pile— a visual list of things to do. My MIL‘s house keys, insurance cards and appointment cards etc. small this and that’s. So even though I had looked at that plate for the rings, the band somehow was there all along and I didn’t see it until I started removing everything else on it.

I’ve been up since 2 am and it’s currently 2:55. I was having a clip of bad anxiety before I realized the rings were missing and now I’m in a bad way, just feels like everything is crashing down and my insomnia is out of this world. My brain keeps trying to figure out places where the rings could be, and I can’t turn it off.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you all the luck! Glad it already worked for finding one. I’ve been there- I use it as an opportunity to focus on my good health or good fortune or good whatever. If losing a piece of metal and rock is my biggest problem, I count myself lucky. It still sinks the stomach though.

What is revenge travel?

Keep us posted!!

Revenge travel is what they are calling it where we sat around for 2 years during the pandemic and now that everyone has decided the pandemic is over, we are all suddenly going everywhere even though travel prices are crazy.
revenge on the pandemic I suppose. Or the travel restrictions.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry you are dealing with this Whitewave. This pandemic has turned everything upside down. I’m sending you lots of positive vibes and a big hug. Even though you’re in the middle of this, I think you will find it out away in a spot that was just meant to be temporary but still safe. Hope you get some sleep.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up getting enough quality sleep last night (even though it was fractured) and I feel like a person today, so I will be getting back in that closet.

As an aside, I bought some baskets dedicated to my travel items: small personal and door alarms, UK and EU adapters etc.

Aren’t these two baskets adorable? I found them at wayfair. I don’t have any chalk yet to write on the little chalk boards.

When I’m done with my closet, I want it clean, organized, purged and searched so I can close the door and feel good that the missing rings aren’t in there.

5CFFA157-7A98-4C99-B2D0-65E6E2807E13.jpeg

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
With DH on alert and DD not into jewelry, I wonder if it would be beneficial to stop looking for about a day or two just to take a sanity break. Realizing with loved ones that everything is to be on hold right now (no trash taken out that hasn't been "vetted" etc.) so that you can begin your search again.

About 3 years ago, I almost threw away a platinum blue nile diamond ring permanently. I was going through my jewelry, cleaning in my salton jewelry cleaner. The steam mechanism sometimes leaves a bit more water when you first use it, so I put the ring into a paper towel and began wiping off the excess. I do this in the kitchen where the lights are quite bright. Phone rings, I get distracted. I go back to my pile of jewelry and resume cleaning. All done. Time to clean up the kitchen. And I throw away the paper towel holding the ring. I proceed to put the jewelry back in storage, looking at and trying on all the clean sparkly goodness. I realize that I am missing my Blue Nile ring...

I'm dating myself here, but I used to love watching Elayne Boosler do her comedic bits. She had a joke something along the lines of where she'd clean up and throw away food, but then she'd get hungry and realize that she didn't make it out to the grocery store, so she'd take some of the food out of the trash and say, "good thing I didn't take it out to the big can last night!" Needless to say, I also felt this sentiment.

Still sending good vibes your way that the ring you found will be reunited with its siblings!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With DH on alert and DD not into jewelry, I wonder if it would be beneficial to stop looking for about a day or two just to take a sanity break. Realizing with loved ones that everything is to be on hold right now (no trash taken out that hasn't been "vetted" etc.) so that you can begin your search again.

About 3 years ago, I almost threw away a platinum blue nile diamond ring permanently. I was going through my jewelry, cleaning in my salton jewelry cleaner. The steam mechanism sometimes leaves a bit more water when you first use it, so I put the ring into a paper towel and began wiping off the excess. I do this in the kitchen where the lights are quite bright. Phone rings, I get distracted. I go back to my pile of jewelry and resume cleaning. All done. Time to clean up the kitchen. And I throw away the paper towel holding the ring. I proceed to put the jewelry back in storage, looking at and trying on all the clean sparkly goodness. I realize that I am missing my Blue Nile ring...

I'm dating myself here, but I used to love watching Elayne Boosler do her comedic bits. She had a joke something along the lines of where she'd clean up and throw away food, but then she'd get hungry and realize that she didn't make it out to the grocery store, so she'd take some of the food out of the trash and say, "good thing I didn't take it out to the big can last night!" Needless to say, I also felt this sentiment.

Still sending good vibes your way that the ring you found will be reunited with its siblings!

I agree with you. DH just called to check on me and he also suggested I stop for a few days. He is going tomorrow to the other house to look for me (he was going anyway…. NFL Monday night game).

I’m at a natural stopping point anyway. I’m waiting for the husband/wife house cleaners to arrive and I was going to tell him to just change my sheets and clean my tub and shower and that is all for my room.

I trust them. I mean, there is no way to know if they took anything or not, but given this is a ring combo I wear, I find it would be so coincidental that they took those two rings. On the other hand, it makes me anxious that they might have vacuumed up my rings and left. I give them the benefit of the doubt that it would have been noisy and they would have stopped to figure it out. On the other hand, the rings would have been easy to swipe since I also have a ceramic tray water/meds station on my dresser where I put my jewelry for bedtime.

I don’t think they are suspects though. I think I’m the main suspect here. :(sad

DH did look under that dresser for me last night.

I’m going to make a call. I’m going to stop looking for now. Mentally, I do need a break. There are plenty more things that need attention in the house now that I am back, and if I don’t take care of those things I’ll be back at square one with the disorganization.

Oh, and yes, I remember Elaine— so funny. I do know people who have thrown away things accidentally in paper towels and that is totally something I could have done. I’ll get DH to check the bedroom trash at the other house also since I forgot to take that out last week.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of a few good places that were possibilities (my coin purse, nope but found a blue topaz pendant and broken chain in there I forgot about), a travel med case and a jewelry insert that goes in the jewelry train case. Nope. None of those. (I still can’t find that small gold case I mentioned on page one).

Then I thought: they could be in the RV. After we tear both houses apart, I’ll have to go to the storage unit and tear the 37 foot RV up.

I think we last went camping in April or May, so it’s a viable place to search.

What a nightmare. This is a nightmare (but a first world problem nightmare). Diamond seeker is right. I will have hopefully learned my lesson after this.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I’m 90% sure it’s not in the closet— enough that I’m going to move on. I can always go back and re search it.

I know I said I would stop looking today, but some of you indicated you were a tad compulsive when you looked lol. I get a thought in my head where it could be so then I go look before I forget what the good thought was.

DH strongly feels they are at the other house. He also strongly feels they are not in the RV. I’m just conversing— I think they could be in the RV.

I looked at some purses again, but when I change purses; I take everything out the one I was using. Then I wash it inside and out with shampoo and then I turn it upside down to dry in my tub. YMMV but this works well for me. Some times I condition it also.

But if you remember, I broke my leg and tore my meniscus, had surgery, went on a cruise and then to NYC (this is 2019), then had flu A. Then the pandemic hit, I had several surgeries and both my knees replaced at the same time etc in December of 2020. My routines and schedules got all messed up.

I really thought I had a great idea the other day— I sometimes sleep in my son’s room when DH’s snoring gets bad so I thought for sure my rings were in the top drawer of that night stand. Alas, they were not there. I will still check this room later on.

But the bottom line is I really must have thought they were somewhere safe to have forgotten about them. I referred to my 3 stone as my precious, so I honestly don’t know how I could have misplaced it and then walked off and forgot about it for months. It makes no sense to me that I had no idea they were missing until Friday when I went to put the 3 stone on because we were going somewhere.

Anyway, you don’t have to keep replying. I might keep updating as like a journal where I can keep track of where I have looked.

Thanks again to everyone for the tea and sympathy. I really appreciate it.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Please don't be too hard on yourself. I know it feels terrible and it is hard to switch your brain off (I am in the ADHD club too) but you haven't done anything wrong here!

I also have a "dumping" ground spot on my dresser - visual as a reminder - and I'm often at a loss when the thing I need isn't there. I tend to put valuable things in "really safe" places that I can then no longer find or remember and tear the house apart looking so I completely feel your pain - have lived it.

If something is out of sight, it is out of mind until my brain goes "i haven't seen xyz for 2 yrs oh no"

Sometimes (and I'm not saying it helps every time) - I make myself write down where I am about to put things in a notebook and that prompts my brain to go "oh, hang on, actually, why don't you just put it in XYZ because then I will more likely remember it". Work in progress.

It will be ok. Quite often, stuff turns up. Sleep on it. Get your sleep back to normal and it will feel more manageable. All the best xxx

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry it hasn't turned up yet. I'm wishing you all the best in terms of finding everything!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well, I found some ear buds I was looking for in my car’s console refrigerator.

I’m back to thinking I stashed the rings somewhere. It’s going to take some time to figure out where that is. They are safe. I have to believe this. Maybe I’ll have a funny story to tell when I find them and we will all laugh and shake our heads about where I had put them.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH so far hasn’t found them in the most obvious spots at the other house, so that is a bummer. When he called me I was really really hoping he was going to say he found them. He is there until Tuesday so he is going to keep looking.

I have been going through the hall closet too— all the pockets of the coats and jackets and I feel comfortable saying they aren’t in there, so I’m going to put all of that back this morning and that is another place off the list.

In speaking with another person about this, she told me her story about losing a bracelet and she didn’t find it for 6 months. It was an after travel exhaustion thing also, and it was wrapped in a Kleenex carefully, placed in a zip lock bag and in the back of a drawer.

I suspect this is what is going on here— or at least what I want to believe. They are so safe, that is why I had no idea they were missing because deep down inside, I knew not to worry.

I’m going to get the magnasonic out today and clean all my jewelry and probably wear my diamond studs and my CVB ID asscher ring in a law of attraction kinda of thing. Diamond power, lol. I think you all get that. Just appreciate my jewelry and tidy up and figure out what I’m cooking for myself tomorrow.…

I should have some more drawer organizers arriving tomorrow or Tuesday so I’ll organize my night stand drawer and look in there and all of my dresser drawers.

Oh, the 150 watt bulbs came and I put one in my closet and one in DH’s closet and the lighting is so much better now. Big difference. At some point as I don’t find the rings, I will have to get into his closet and check pockets, so it helps that it doesn’t look like a crypt in there.

At least things are looking so much better and getting super organized.

Oh, and I still haven’t found the small gold jewelry case (fits in the palm of your hand) so I still wonder if that is part of this. I don’t want to put all of my hopes on this though since I don’t remember if I ever used it or not.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I lost a ring for 5 years (it was not super valuable) and I searched for it for a long time before giving up. Turns out it was in my backpack in a small zip pocket that I had searched many times but it had eluded me by being tucked in deep within a corner. My mom was the one who found it many years later when she was preparing to use that bag for a trip.

They'll turn up!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think its time for another group hug @whitewave
1667774299964.png
something i try to practice in times like this is the power of positive thinking
so when you take a break from serching (which i think we think you need to)
just look down at your hand and imangine the missing rings back on there
focus on how releaved you are they are found and how happy you are
i know this is temporarly make beleave but you must have faith they will turn up

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@emmy12 thank you. It helps me to hear stories.

@Daisys and Diamonds thanks, yeah I’m going to stop looking for a few days and just live my life. They are also not in my nightstand dresser drawer, so I’m getting sad and discouraged again.

DH and I are going to the RV tomorrow to look, but only as a cursory look and not a search. I usually leave a few things in the RV because it’s a pain to have to clean the RV out after using it and usually I don’t have it done by the time DH wants to put it back so I tell him just to bring it back and it’s fine. It’s rarely fine lol. The the next time we go camping, I’m like Oh! So this is where X has been.

I don’t think the ball is the last place I had them because the band I wore with them is safe and the earrings I wore are safe also.

DH keeps reminding me: no one died, the house didn’t catch on fire…. You know. At the end of the day, these are replaceable (Even though they aren’t really because the diamonds are CBI)… I can replicate them though and that is the point. I just can’t stand the thought of what a waste this would be if they are forever gone to me. My mother never did find her wedding diamond that she lost several years ago, so it does happen. She remains sick about it. (My dad is deceased).

I should have found them by now. They should have been in places relevant to me. I keep trying to visualize the last time I wore them and I get nothing. I need to stop thinking about them so I can remain positive and like others have mentioned, visualize them on my hand, in the safe, etc.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry you’re going through this @whitewave, it’s such a terrible feeling.

My husband lost his wedding band a few years ago and we searched endlessly and in the same places multiple times. He kept feeling it was in the bedroom but we looked under the bed so many times. One night he was really determined and looked again and found it wedged in a tiny corner behind a bed post.

Is there a place your intuition keeps going back to? It might take several searches in the same place for the rings to turn up. Sending you good vibes for a successful search.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While you might not have last taken them off in the house, do you have a designated place in the house to put them when you take them off? Could it be a dish or something that might have fallen behind a piece of furniture? I thought that if the wedding band turned up in the closet that the rest would be there too. You generally wear all those rings at the same time? Just trying to think through where you might concentrate your search. Good luck when you feel up to looking again!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I read something on the internet yesterday that most lost jewelry is found near where it is supposed to be, so that would be my bedroom, my closet and my bathroom. I still need to look under the bed well. I took a glance but one of my dogs goes under there a lot and we constantly hear her all night long under all parts of it, so I really want DH to help me take off the mattress and box springs so I can see under all of it from above.

@MissGotRocks yes, that would be my closet. I do have a bulging back part of my purse shelves (you know that piece you put on the back of the shelf to make it pretty). apparently some of the nails came out so it’s bulging, but so far of the parts I can see, there is nothing back there (and I can see pretty far). This will be a real PITA to deal with and I will need help.

I also want to check the safe boxes again just in case they were there all along and I didn‘t see them the first few times I checked. I do need my prescription updated but it would be a miracle if they are there. The ring box is straightforward as you would expect.

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the helpful ideas. I also will be going back to my other house this month so although DH has been looking, I want to get in there and see for myself. (Even though I did check a few places myself last week).

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
@emmy12 thank you. It helps me to hear stories.

@Daisys and Diamonds thanks, yeah I’m going to stop looking for a few days and just live my life. They are also not in my nightstand dresser drawer, so I’m getting sad and discouraged again.

DH and I are going to the RV tomorrow to look, but only as a cursory look and not a search. I usually leave a few things in the RV because it’s a pain to have to clean the RV out after using it and usually I don’t have it done by the time DH wants to put it back so I tell him just to bring it back and it’s fine. It’s rarely fine lol. The the next time we go camping, I’m like Oh! So this is where X has been.

I don’t think the ball is the last place I had them because the band I wore with them is safe and the earrings I wore are safe also.

DH keeps reminding me: no one died, the house didn’t catch on fire…. You know. At the end of the day, these are replaceable (Even though they aren’t really because the diamonds are CBI)… I can replicate them though and that is the point. I just can’t stand the thought of what a waste this would be if they are forever gone to me. My mother never did find her wedding diamond that she lost several years ago, so it does happen. She remains sick about it. (My dad is deceased).

I should have found them by now. They should have been in places relevant to me. I keep trying to visualize the last time I wore them and I get nothing. I need to stop thinking about them so I can remain positive and like others have mentioned, visualize them on my hand, in the safe, etc.

You can. Wink is able to through Continental Diamond (their Legacy Diamonds are cut to CBI standards!)
Edited to add that if you needed to replicate your precious, don't forget Wink can also get your gemstone. Last week I contacted him because I had the GIA cert number for a diamond, but it was before report check and I did not have the measurements. It was for a diamond that I used when I worked on a project with him back in 2013. I had a diamond removed from a setting to place in a different ring and he still had records of the measurements from the appraisal he did. So now I can replace another stone into the empty setting.

I still hope you find your rings, but wanted to give you some encouragement if they needed to be replicated.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just FYI..(because I think you'll find yours! Pretty good price IMO.)

Last edited:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
So, I wanted to let you know that as I was going to sleep last night, my mind drifted onto this topic. No idea why, it just did. I have a very strong gut feeling that they are not lost. This sounds crazy, I know, but I do tend to get weird feelings and I even had a vision one time. My cousin and her husband had been waiting to adopt for three years. I was packing for vacation and dealing with my own infertility diagnosis. I had a vision of a baby boy. It felt peaceful, but I knew it wasn't my baby boy. She was offered the chance to adopt a newborn baby boy less than a month later! So, crazy as it sounds I had a vision of a hand (presumably yours) wrapped around the rings.

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
Every time I see an update to this thread, I jump to it hoping that it will be the update that the rings are found. I'll bet a lot of us are doing the same thing, so that's a lot of good vibes coming your way!

This might sound a little crazy but have you considered buying or renting a metal detector? It might help you search in some of those hard-to-get-to places.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I wanted to let you know that as I was going to sleep last night, my mind drifted onto this topic. No idea why, it just did. I have a very strong gut feeling that they are not lost. This sounds crazy, I know, but I do tend to get weird feelings and I even had a vision one time. My cousin and her husband had been waiting to adopt for three years. I was packing for vacation and dealing with my own infertility diagnosis. I had a vision of a baby boy. It felt peaceful, but I knew it wasn't my baby boy. She was offered the chance to adopt a newborn baby boy less than a month later! So, crazy as it sounds I had a vision of a hand (presumably yours) wrapped around the rings.

Thank you, I had a dream last night about the sapphire and diamond ring and that I found it behind my headboard. I’m waiting for DH to get home to help me check.

I also checked all of my prescription bottles and supplement and pain relief bottles because that would be like me to stuff them in there… it’s safe, secure and could easily be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results