shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some good vibes sent

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Omg how stressful! WIll be sending all the good wishes your way.

Make sure to check all the tiny zippered change purse parts of wallets. That’s where I slip any jewelry when I need to stash it while traveling (I never carry change so it works out well).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers crossed you find them soon. Have you checked that you didn’t hide them inside a pair of socks?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tonks I’m elbows deep into my closet and just checked all my handbags and no luck so far. I’ve only done half the closet.

@Austina thanks for the suggestion. I have never done that before, but if I was exhausted and if a hangover was involved, who knows? All drawers are next after the closet so I’ll be sure to check, thanks. It’s possible I dropped them in a drawer to get later, so they could have gravitated into anything in a drawer. Good thinking.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @whitewave I’ve found things in places I never dreamed I’d put them, so anything’s worth a try!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I will suggest this because it happened to me - next check all the pockets in your clothing and jackets. I once misplaced a ring for a year because I had slipped it into a pair of pants (probably washing my hands or doing a messy job at work) and forgot to put it back on. I completely forgot where I put it and searched everywhere that I though it could be. When I went to wear the pants the next summer and put my hand in the pocket to flatten out the front of them , there was the ring. Horribly tarnished (because it was sterling) but I was so happy to find it because losing items (even an inexpensive ring) really drives me crazy.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will suggest this because it happened to me - next check all the pockets in your clothing and jackets. I once misplaced a ring for a year because I had slipped it into a pair of pants (probably washing my hands or doing a messy job at work) and forgot to put it back on. I completely forgot where I put it and searched everywhere that I though it could be. When I went to wear the pants the next summer and put my hand in the pocket to flatten out the front of them , there was the ring. Horribly tarnished (because it was sterling) but I was so happy to find it because losing items (even an inexpensive ring) really drives me crazy.

Yes, this will be while I’m doing the closets, thanks.

UPDATE: I just found the channel set band. It was in the closet under stuff. No sign of the other two rings yet, but at least I feel accomplished for today.

I had figured this would take a few hours a day for 2 weeks. I want to only devote mornings to this search when I am fresh. I might stop here for today.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Some good news! Hopefully the other rings are close by!! Sending you good sleuthing vibes and finding them soon!
-C4C

Thankfully you found one of your rings! I think that means the others must also be at home!

If it makes you feel better I can tell the story of the time I lost a treasured (and expensive, special occasions) bracelet. I had meant to put it away at the bank before going for vacation. I came back from vacation, life resumed, and months later when I finally had an occasion to wear it, I went to the bank and it was nowhere to be found. I searched everywhere at home, was nowhere to be found. It had been long enough that I didn’t remember which bag I’d carried, but I checked every bag I had and it wasn’t there. I was convinced I dropped it in the bank, but it had been too long to expect any kind of tracing. I cried for ages over that bracelet.

And then one day - I want to say a year and change later (two years since the vacation) I was clearing out the linen cupboard and I found a bag (a forgettable one I never carry) and inside it was my bracelet!! I had basically taken it with me and somehow forgotten to put the bracelet away. Why I took that bag, I don’t know. How it ended up in my linen, I don’t know. But I did find my bracelet long after I’d given up hope!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crazie4Cuts thanks

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain wow, that is a story. It kinda sounds like what has been going on here. I didn’t leave for vacation one day and not come back for 7 months. I was in and out for 7 months: NYC, NOLA, Ireland, the Gulf coast, Seattle, Seattle again for an Alaska cruise, Norcal to visit my sister. Each of these trips was anywere from 3-13 days long with anywhere from 1-3 weeks home in between. Plus exhaustion. There was a lot of grab and go and I’ll organize it later.

Well, here I am later and it’s a disorganized mess.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you are making progress! The other two have got to be there somewhere.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@whitewave I’m happy you found your band! I’m hoping the other two will be found soon!
I once lost my watch. I thought it fell off my wrist. I looked forever but couldn’t find it. One day..more than a year later.. I decided to clean out my food closet. Way in the back my watch was sitting there behind some expired canned food..lol I must have taken it off to get something in the cupboard. It just got pushed all the way to the back. I was so excited that I found it.
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed they show up soon!

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
SOOOO many good vibes. This has happened to me before, and it is always somewhere 'weird' that didn't immediately come to mind and I find when I'm doing something else. Good luck.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Honestly @whitewave I’ve found things in places I never dreamed I’d put them, so anything’s worth a try!

I had thought I lost piece of jewelry, diamond heart pendant, and it was in my leggings drawer! Yep I had done some stashing lol. Positive vibes you will find your beautiful jewelry!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Yay for finding one ring.

I once lost a ring because I put it in a jacket pocket and there was a hole. The ring slipped between the outside of the jacket and the liner.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend of mine put her diamond earrings in a cup in her china cabinet. Found them accidentally almost two years later. Guess this is what happens when we are trying to do two things at once … which is almost always!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, everyone, long time no post. I’ve been doing 7 months of revenge traveling and have finally stopped and am trying to reintegrate into my life.

I have misplaced my CBI solitaire, my CBI and sapphire 3 stone ring and a channel set band. This is a combo I did wear together, so I don’t think they were taken. I don’t take them when I travel (I only take Fakes to travel with), so pretty sure I haven’t lost them on the road. I do have the other house and I did a cursory check there yesterday and nothing… I tore up my closet today and one of our safes and so far nothing. So they aren’t in the first 3 places I would have expected them to be.

You know how it’s been with the pandemic: I wasn’t wearing any jewelry, and with travel, I wasn’t taking them out once a month to do the ultrasonic etc, so I haven’t been paying much attention to my jewelry. I admit I am very discombobulated right now and I’ve cancelled plans to go somewhere this weekend because I need to calm down, center myself, clear my mind and find these rings.

I can’t remember the last time I wore them, so I can’t even start with that.

One place I think I likely wore them was the Mardi Gras ball last February, which makes me a bit anxious because we did stay at a hotel and my daughter was presented so it was chaos. The next morning we had to rush to get to the King’s brunch and we had been drinking at the ball, so god only knows what might have happened there. I can only hope they made it home and that wasn’t the last time I had them. So now that I said I don’t travel with them, I give an example of traveling with them. Gah, I have to go look at a photo from that night to see what jewelry I have on.

The more I look and don’t find them, the more I get a feeling of doom. The 3 stone is insured, I don’t know offhand if the solitaire is and I know the channel set is not. If the ball was the last place, then I need to check hub’s tux, etc. My daughter’s pearls she wore that night are safe and sound so I lean toward thinking the ball is not where I misplaced them.

If I had to guess I would say they are together and safe in one of the houses. I really hate this feeling. Please send me good juju and success in finding them vibes. I feel overwhelmed and anxious.

Thank you!

ok
try not to panic
(i am the Queen of lossing things)
a similar thing happened to my sister
they will turn up

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine put her diamond earrings in a cup in her china cabinet. Found them accidentally almost two years later. Guess this is what happens when we are trying to do two things at once … which is almost always!

i had my diamond (horrible diamonds) earings in a commereative teacup on the china cabinet waiting to be cleaned ( i felt dispondent because they are not PS quality or anywhere near it and i have DSS) and then like only last week i brought a flower in from outside and put it in the cup (with water in)
when the flower faded i threw the water into the bathroom sink
i heard a clunk
and rememebered

i calmly unscrewed the u bend under the sink (its not the first time this has happened) i mean they may not be PS quality but thats a couple of grand litterly down the drain - i think they are 1CTW
i found them

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i had my diamond (horrible diamonds) earings in a commereative teacup on the china cabinet waiting to be cleaned ( i felt dispondent because they are not PS quality or anywhere near it and i have DSS) and then like only last week i brought a flower in from outside and put it in the cup (with water in)
when the flower faded i threw the water into the bathroom sink
i heard a clunk
and rememebered

i calmly unscrewed the u bend under the sink (its not the first time this has happened) i mean they may not be PS quality but thats a couple of grand litterly down the drain - i think they are 1CTW
i found them

Wow - that was lucky and thanks to your ability to work on the plumbing! Makes no difference about their quality - they are yours and so they are very important to you. So glad you were able to recover them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - that was lucky and thanks to your ability to work on the plumbing! Makes no difference about their quality - they are yours and so they are very important to you. So glad you were able to recover them!

thank you
my heart did skip a beat
and eww the pipe was yucky

i do want to repurpose them one day into a pearl cluster ring
i would not high grade pearls into a ring so i think the diamonds will be a reasonable match

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. I’m so drained today so I’m not going to look. I have had 3 nights of bad quality/fractured sleep and when that happens… on the 3rd day I can’t function. So here I am.

I love hearing the found stories because it helps me think. With my own for the earring, would anyone have thought it would be between the dishwasher top and the counter top bottom where only a finger fits!?!? I could never do that again if I tried.

I did tell DH to check the magnasonic at the other house in case they have been sitting in that for a few months. I’m about to check the one I have here.

So tomorrow the menu of my search will go: finish in my closet by taking every piece of clothing down and shaking and checking pockets and do all drawers and cabinets. That way I can close the closet doors and know that is secure.

I probably won’t update every day, but I will update when I find them. I hope this doesn’t last too long. And yes, I’m praying to anything and anyone and the universe to help manifest this.

Forgive me for not acknowledging personally everyone who has posted. I’m brain drained. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I also went online and bought the equivalent of a 150 watt light bulb for my closet. So tired of the dimness. I’m going to light that sucker up like a torch lol

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing you all the luck! Glad it already worked for finding one. I’ve been there- I use it as an opportunity to focus on my good health or good fortune or good whatever. If losing a piece of metal and rock is my biggest problem, I count myself lucky. It still sinks the stomach though.

What is revenge travel?

Keep us posted!!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I must check in here often so to hear good news from you @whitewave . Sending additional good vibes over, thrice daily =)2

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck. Sincerely hoping you find them very quickly!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish we were closer - we could make fast work of the hunt! Good luck and keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results