shape
carat
color
clarity

I know I'm gonna shock many girls here but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stci

Ideal_Rock
OK. I'm tired out! I try to integrate your community but your simply don't accept my participation.

Each time I bring a subject you fall on me like a dog on bone. You judge me, you insult me, you reject me.

Enough is enough... you have the face to turn my subject into long hair topic. No respect!

I try to explain but you just don't want understand. You are always right and I'm always the clown on this forum.

It's ridiculous to see that you fire my subject and see other member use my idea to open their topic.

I'm french, not stupid. You are american and master of the world. If only you can do an effort to be king with other who cannot speak or write like you but nooooooo.... you kill by your word. You don't understand how you can hurt in gang. I'm alone to explain, to try to defend my idea and you are dozen to assasine my opinion.

Never comme here again, it's important for my mental health.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
stci|1305332527|2921268 said:
Just another question... hope this one not hurt sensitive souls.

You talk and you talk but is there only one of you who try to make a search to "American nails" on google or other search engine?

Do you really think I created this name to agress American girls on an american forum? I'm not crazy you know!

Many of you think I want to attack your community and it's absolutely not the case! You just don't want to understand!

All over the world it's a "name" for a type of false nails. Just that, nothing more! Probably cause you were the first one to use this type of false nails.

You always said that I'm rude. Why some lady are shock and tons of other are not? Is this my right to dislike "American nails style" or not? Is this my right to ask what you think without receive tons of insults? You treated me like a monster. Where are the logic to tell me I'm rude and condescend when I simply ask a question? You're not rude you? Why are you so agressive and suceptible?

I repeat: It's just a name for a type of false nails and It's true to say there are many women in America who wear this type of nails. I simply ask a question! I repeat one more time if a subject is too delicate for you, just ignore it! It's not from me, it's "nettiquette" (sorry I don't know how to say this word in english)!

I am not being defensive. I am simply and clearly stating that the style of nails to which you are referring are not popular in America. They are not the definition of an American manicure where I live. They are ugly. You have a misconception about American nails because someone where you live decided to name an ugly style of manicure, "American".

I can label my new type of cocktail a "martian martini" but that doesn't mean I actually copied it from little green men from Mars. It's just a name.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
stci~ Speaking as a person who has been on your side since the beginning, don't think that because posters got off topic or started another thread as a spin-off is anything to get defensive over. The off-topic is a normal act during conversation and has nothing to do with respect. The spin-off topics are done quite often. I do think that you've been attacked a fair bit in this thread so if you want to leave due to that, I get it. But, if it's more about the disrespect you see over turning the discussion to hair, please understand that's just how this forum works.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stci|1305342793|2921420 said:
OK. I'm tired out! I try to integrate your community but your simply don't accept my participation.

Each time I bring a subject you fall on me like a dog on bone. You judge me, you insult me, you reject me.

Enough is enough... you have the face to turn my subject into long hair topic. No respect!

I try to explain but you just don't want understand. You are always right and I'm always the clown on this forum.

It's ridiculous to see that you fire my subject and see other member use my idea to open their topic.

I'm french, not stupid. You are american and master of the world. If only you can do an effort to be king with other who cannot speak or write like you but nooooooo.... you kill by your word. You don't understand how you can hurt in gang. I'm alone to explain, to try to defend my idea and you are dozen to assasine my opinion.

geez stci,calm down before you have a heart attack.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
If you let people on a forum get to you, perhaps you do need to seek mental help. You're the one who started insulting people first. I was irked and i dont even wear fake nails.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1305346478|2921471 said:

Sinfully pink would help

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1305346561|2921473 said:

Sinfully pink would help
AN
pass it over to stci.. :bigsmile:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1305346751|2921478 said:
Autumnovember|1305346561|2921473 said:

Sinfully pink would help
AN
pass it over to stci.. :bigsmile:

It's making its way over...after I pass it to you first though

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

No no, please, let her flip out. After all, the masses are wrong and she is a brilliant French woman with the only opinion that matters!

Later, stci, enjoyed your GBCP. I hope you learn manners and return.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
How many American girls wear those ugly false nails? I can see tons here and It's so apparent, expensive and harmful for your true nails! I just don't understand!!!!

It's really an important market in USA but It's the only one country I can see so many women who use this type of nails! Could you explain the phenomenon for me please?

I know it's not easy to everyone to have beautiful natural nails but so many? I believe there are another reason but I can't find what.

Yes I know it's a little rude but I simply want to know why you wear acrylic or other material false nails.

stci...if you knew it was rude, then why did you post :confused:

I don't want you to leave PS, but I think you should try to think about the way your posts are worded...on the internet, the actual *words* in the post are all anyone has to go by to discern what you mean...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STCI - I brought up the topic of long hair, but it I didn't intend to change the topic. If you look over the conversation, you'll see that I was giving an example of a style that I react to ... it was an extension of the nail discussion. And, not wanting to start that discussion over, I'll leave it at that.

And looking over the thread, I think perhaps we might have have reacted a bit harshly to your posts. But when you come out fighting from the get-go (I'm gonna shock many girls here but... How many American girls wear those ugly false nails? ... Direct question always frustrate someone. It's there problem not mine... american nails are not beautiful. Simple as that.) you've got to expect some push-back. As they say here in America, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stci, I don't think I've ever said anything negative to you in the past, so take this for what you will:

It's not just the language barrier. FWIW I think your English is fine. But you are insanely oversensitive, and shockingly abrasive in your choice of words.

I don't even wear false nails and I was offended a little by how you phrased your initial post.

You've gotten this reaction multiple times over multiple threads - perhaps it's time for you take a step back and try to see what YOU are doing to initiate this kind of response?

Or, you know, you could just GBCPS. But remember - regardless of language or location, communication is a two-way street, and sometimes it's helpful to look at what YOU are contributing and HOW.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i sat here trying to figure out what GBCP stood for... thought it was google birth control pills for a while and wondered what that had to do with anything. duh, haha.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I dont wear acrylic nails either - couldnt care less if people do or dont...

i also find it *interesting* that you seem to be able to afford to have your nails done and buy shoes and pieces of jewellery, but yet not to have your pet given the care she needs? Cue sob thread...

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Blackpaw|1305349275|2921513 said:

i also find it *interesting* that you seem to be able to afford to have your nails done and buy shoes and pieces of jewellery, but yet not to have your pet given the care she needs? Cue sob thread...

Thank you for writing this. That particular thought has crossed my mind several times when reading this poster's threads.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1305349122|2921509 said:
i sat here trying to figure out what GBCP stood for... thought it was google birth control pills for a while and wondered what that had to do with anything. duh, haha.

Yeah, I also googled it and GBCPS and couldn't figure it out either.
Anyone want to say what GBCP stands for?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GBCP means "Goodbye, Cruel Pricescope." aka, a flounce.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1305339795|2921386 said:
TravelingGal|1305309265|2920893 said:
This is exactly how it is for me too. Also cemeting the opinion for me is that when I was in HS, there was only one girl in my AP class that had them (and she was a cheerleader...not bagging on cheerleaders, as I was one, but she was generally more into her appearance). The rest of the girls in my AP class did not have them (a lot of them were athletes too, mostly volleyball players as we were a HUGE v-ball school). All the fake nails were seen in the non AP classes. Horrible stereotype, I know, but really...I just didn't see them in the AP circuit!

Just wanted to comment on one point - whoa, fake nails were totally NOT allowed on my cheerleading squad. Nor were piercings during practice or games or competitions, or anything that could cause an injury if a stunt falls (we were actually forbidden from growing our nails out too long, and as a flyer, I was certainly grateful).

For that matter though, I really don't remember that many girls in my HS wearing fake nails, regardless of social circle.

And btw, I was totally a cheerleader in AP classes ;-)

I was a cheerleader in AP too...half of us were, half weren't. Mostly the half that weren't wore fake nails except the one.

I was a cheerleader in the 80's. Fake nails were definitely allowed back then, at least on our cheer squads. One girl even wore a hoop earring in her upper ear.

I went to a wealthy highschool, and there was a lot of fake nails, definitely.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1305357447|2921565 said:
GBCP means "Goodbye, Cruel Pricescope." aka, a flounce.

Thanks Monarch. ;-)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I really don't get this thread. Maybe stci is in a rural location where there aren't many nail salons? I used to live in Quebec (briefly, but long enough to find a nail salon) and I saw a lot of acrylic nails. I can't recall them being labeled as American or anything like that. I'm sure she mentioned living in Quebec in the thread about her sick dog so she should be fairly familiar with American culture.

This is clearly a case of stci being misinformed plus a bit of a language barrier. Its hard to get tone across when posting online to begin with, so I can imagine it being extra difficult when you're trying to write in a language you aren't entirely comfortable with. I know her posts can be offensive to some, but I think its probably best to just look the other way and assume she doesn't intend for them to come across that way.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1305373720|2921621 said:
I really don't get this thread. Maybe stci is in a rural location where there aren't many nail salons? I used to live in Quebec (briefly, but long enough to find a nail salon) and I saw a lot of acrylic nails. I can't recall them being labeled as American or anything like that. I'm sure she mentioned living in Quebec in the thread about her sick dog so she should be fairly familiar with American culture.

This is clearly a case of stci being misinformed plus a bit of a language barrier. Its hard to get tone across when posting online to begin with, so I can imagine it being extra difficult when you're trying to write in a language you aren't entirely comfortable with. I know her posts can be offensive to some, but I think its probably best to just look the other way and assume she doesn't intend for them to come across that way.

In the past, I have always assumed that Stci's "language barrier" defense was valid....as a matter of fact the 1st time I ever wandered into Hangout was while reading a thread all about it: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/perhaps-last-topic-but-important-for-me.157417/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/perhaps-last-topic-but-important-for-me.157417/[/URL] Many PSers took time to explain things to her.

BUT, WHEN A PERSON STARTS A THREAD WITH "I KNOW I AM GOING TO SHOCK GIRLS BUT...." , it leads me to believe she knows EXACTLY what she is doing. At this point, there is no excuse. You cant keep being RUDE and then scream "language barrier". My husband and his entire family is from France, English is their 2nd language too AND THEY WOULD NEVER word things the way STCI does.

In addition, I actually tried to ANSWER her convoluted INSULT thinly disguised as a question but she attacked me too.

I get it Stci, you have beautiful nails, no need for acrylics and you would **NEVER** (Gasp, the horror! :errrr: ) do your nails in the style that some salon near your house labeled "American Nails" that has NOTHING to do with the way we Americans do our acrylics (the style in photo 2 w/the shortened nail beds she was referring to).

Now its time to play the vicitm bc that seems to be your pattern.

Edited to add: I am sorry Chemgirl, I have no idea why I quoted your response bc it had nothing to do with you. That was a mistake.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skipping all the GBCPS dramz .... I just wanna comment on the "American Manicure" dealie ... um.... those are **** STAR NAILS. Check out the many season of "Jerseylicious" to see the shortened-nail-bed-huge-white-slab look in FULL EFFECT. This is just one of the many ticky tacky looks like overblown boobs and extra long bleached extentions and copper faux tans that come FROM THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF ****. Yucko.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
stci|1305267839|2920480 said:
Direct question always frustrate someone. It's there problem not mine.

Nobody is required to answer. I simply observe that American Nails are different from other places all over the world and... american nails are not beautiful. Simple as that. Just would like to know why.

If you don't support a subject, It's important to ignore it.
I have always found this to be a common cop-out answer when someone is being offensive and you are definitely being offensive.

In the past you have used language barrier as your reason for being abrasive, but I am beginning to believe that you don't really care if you offend people or not.

BTW, people wear "ugly acrylic nails" because they like them.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1305385972|2921697 said:
stci|1305267839|2920480 said:
Direct question always frustrate someone. It's there problem not mine.

Nobody is required to answer. I simply observe that American Nails are different from other places all over the world and... american nails are not beautiful. Simple as that. Just would like to know why.

If you don't support a subject, It's important to ignore it.
I have always found this to be a common cop-out answer when someone is being offensive and you are definitely being offensive.

In the past you have used language barrier as your reason for being abrasive, but I am beginning to believe that you don't really care if you offend people or not.

BTW, people wear "ugly acrylic nails" because they like them.

Ditto. I mean the title of this thread is worded in a way that shows that the OP knew she was being rude. I'm not particularly offended, but it's silly to pretend you aren't being offensive when you clearly are.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
mrs jam|1305349636|2921518 said:
Blackpaw|1305349275|2921513 said:

Thank you for writing this. That particular thought has crossed my mind several times when reading this poster's threads.

Thanks Mrs Jam, im glad i wasnt the only one to notice, ive wanted to say something to that effect for awhile...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
you need to be careful with your words... I think that whenever you start a thread with something like the following:

NATIONALITY + TRAIT/ACTVITY= UGLY, etc. is asking for confrontation.

Stci- you may not have meant to come across as rude, but the words you used put people on the defensive.

**If you had said, "Has anyone heard of an "American Manicure" ... here in Quebec, girls ask for an "american manicure" and this is what it looks like. I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you would want to shorten your nailbed like that.... is this common in the US??

You are entitled to your opinion, and likes/dislikes, but the words you use to express those, especially when attaching it to a country/nationality need to be weighed carefully.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Since I contributed to the thread jacking....

I just wanted to say that I am NOT sorry.

I can be rude too. :rolleyes:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree the OP could do with some soul searching, but so could the PS-etiquette lynch mob.

Really guys. :roll:

Two or three corrective posts is enough.
I believe these massive multi-page pile-ons are counter productive.
I find them more offensive and antisocial than anything the OP posted.

The OP is just one person, but the mob is a mob using bad manners to force their version of good manners.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Where is that popcorn eating smilie when you need it?
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results