shape
carat
color
clarity

I know I'm gonna shock many girls here but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Man, I loved having acrylics! My manicures lasted forever, and my nails always looked SO pretty. They don't make sense in my life right now (I play a sport that involves my hands and I rock climb, both of which completely wreck my nails), but I felt much more polished when I had them.

While I'm not a fan of the short nailbed look at all, it does kind of amuse me that that's one variation of a French manicure here in the States, given the condescending attitude from a French PSer about them.

Here is a pic of me when I had my nails done on a regular basis. (Please excuse the ridiculous face, I was hamming it up for my best friend who was taking the picture.) n26000309_31289676_558.jpg

And Sylvie, while asking a direct question isn't a problem, the issue is that you're asking a RUDE question. For somebody who has posted that they were considering leaving PS because nobody seemed to like you, it surprises me that when confronted with reasons WHY people take offense to your posts you decided it was a problem with everybody else. Perhaps PS is not a good fit for you? Nothing wrong with that at all, but it just seems like your communication style and that style that is prevalent and accepted on this board are very different.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1305309265|2920893 said:
This is exactly how it is for me too. Also cemeting the opinion for me is that when I was in HS, there was only one girl in my AP class that had them (and she was a cheerleader...not bagging on cheerleaders, as I was one, but she was generally more into her appearance). The rest of the girls in my AP class did not have them (a lot of them were athletes too, mostly volleyball players as we were a HUGE v-ball school). All the fake nails were seen in the non AP classes. Horrible stereotype, I know, but really...I just didn't see them in the AP circuit!

Whoa, Tgal - are you saying that in your mind, natural nails equals smart and fake nails equals not smart?

Actually, I shouldn't be shocked. We all make these sorts of associations about all sorts of things: hair extensions, tattoos, holes in ears, clothing choices, jewelry (remember the "cocktail ring" wars?), cars, etc. etc. etc. I always wonder about grown women who wear their hair super-long... I have no idea why, but I do. I guess it's what you do with those types of assumptions that counts. If dismiss an otherwise great candidate for a position out of hand ( :wink2: ) because she has hair down to her waist, I'm doing a discervice to her, to myself, and to the company I'm supposed to be building through my hiring decisions. If I'm dismissive of the checker at the grocery store for the same reason I might be diminishing both of our days a little bit, but maybe that's not such a big deal in the long run?

I'm part of a small group of women that has been meeting every other week since the beginning of the year. Three of the women wear their nails natural or with just polish. Three wear theirs longer - some fake, some ???, with "nail art." One of those started the class with nails that were at least four inches long (she's since shortened them, they're now about an inch long). When I first started this class I was very aware of these nails -- and I know that in my mind it was some sort of mark against the women who wore them. Now that I've gotten to know the women better I barely notice their nails - although I did notice when the claws were cut down to a length that was more to my liking!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
MC|1305305658|2920830 said:
Circe|1305304587|2920816 said:
MC|1305303939|2920802 said:
Italiahaircolor|1305302766|2920779 said:
Wow...

For the record, I have a gel overlay on my natural nails. If you saw them, you'd never know. They are super short and don't extend out past my finger tips. Years ago I cut the tip of my finger off in a car door and had to have it reattached, the nail bed never grew back normal, so I wear the overlay to camouflage that...guess that makes my hands ugly in French culture...who knew? And here I was thinking I actually made them look better. Thank God I live in America ;))

Stci, we all know English isn't you first language...and that's fine. But perhaps, before you decide to pop off on an issue you should research ways to kindly phrase your point. If you think, point blank, fake nails are ugly, that's totally cool. I think being rude, point blank, is ugly as well. You come on here, every so often, looking for comfort after you've offended someone and you're still not getting the point...it's not what you say but how you say it. And yes, contrary to your belief, when you're outrightly rude and offend people, it is your problem. At this point, it's apparently an ongoing problem.

Yep, the statement to leave drama!

Anyway, for those who want to see stcyis (or however you spell your name - I only speak english so only know how to speak like an American).... idea of acceptable...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nail-polishes-topic-enter-girls.158328/#post-2878497#p2878497']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nail-polishes-topic-enter-girls.158328/#post-2878497#p2878497[/URL]

Mee-youch! MC, she wasn't exactly the only participant on that thread ... not to mention the whole two wrongs not equaling a right thing?

Was I that mean? Sorry Circe. I've never had a french manicure but I am American and will comment as seems fitting to defending my country and those who chose to paint their nails whatever color they want to. Seems like some think it's okay to bash Americans to the point that people on vacation have to pretend to be from other countries to avoid being critisized. Next thing you'll see, we'll all be putting on gloves before going out in public!!!

Didn't offend me personally (I am and will remain an unabashed glitterball), but it seemed out of character! I can understand the defensiveness, though - I don't react that way to criticisms of America, but I would to criticism of New Yorkers. Different stereotypes hit us where we live, I guess. Go figure!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It's okay to have a personal opinion, but when generalizing that "Americans" do things one way, and the French do it better is just asking for trouble.

I personally don't have to have acrylics. I like my nails, but I'm going to show you some pictures, and I totally get what OP was trying to say (just not in the right way).

Princess, your nails are an example of nicely done acrylic french manicures. I'm posting another good one below, with longer white tips.
I'm also posting some not so nice ones with really square (even flared) ends which I'm NOT a fan of at all. I think those look REALLY fake, because no one's nails grow that way right?

good.jpg

flare.jpg

Attachments

• bad.bmp
    395.6 KB · Views: 567

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VRBeauty|1305311002|2920926 said:
This is exactly how it is for me too. Also cemeting the opinion for me is that when I was in HS, there was only one girl in my AP class that had them (and she was a cheerleader...not bagging on cheerleaders, as I was one, but she was generally more into her appearance). The rest of the girls in my AP class did not have them (a lot of them were athletes too, mostly volleyball players as we were a HUGE v-ball school). All the fake nails were seen in the non AP classes. Horrible stereotype, I know, but really...I just didn't see them in the AP circuit!

Whoa, Tgal - are you saying that in your mind, natural nails equals smart and fake nails equals not smart?

Actually, I shouldn't be shocked. We all make these sorts of associations about all sorts of things: hair extensions, tattoos, holes in ears, clothing choices, jewelry (remember the "cocktail ring" wars?), cars, etc. etc. etc. I always wonder about grown women who wear their hair super-long... I have no idea why, but I do. I guess it's what you do with those types of assumptions that counts. If dismiss an otherwise great candidate for a position out of hand ( :wink2: ) because she has hair down to her waist, I'm doing a discervice to her, to myself, and to the company I'm supposed to be building through my hiring decisions. If I'm dismissive of the checker at the grocery store for the same reason I might be diminishing both of our days a little bit, but maybe that's not such a big deal in the long run?

I'm part of a small group of women that has been meeting every other week since the beginning of the year. Three of the women wear their nails natural or with just polish. Three wear theirs longer - some fake, some ???, with "nail art." One of those started the class with nails that were at least four inches long (she's since shortened them, they're now about an inch long). When I first started this class I was very aware of these nails -- and I know that in my mind it was some sort of mark against the women who wore them. Now that I've gotten to know the women better I barely notice their nails - although I did notice when the claws were cut down to a length that was more to my liking!

I'd love to hear more about the associations you have with long hair - I wear mine down to my waist, and aside from occasionally worrying that I might look like a hippie, it never occurred to me that there might be any negative associations! I mean ... what do you wonder? Does it seem hippie-ish, high-maintenance ... what?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1305311002|2920926 said:

I'm saying that yes, in HIGH SCHOOL, I made that association, whether it's fair or not. And that is what started the fact that in my mind it's sort of cheap, as another poster said. I don't notice fake nails so much anymore unless it's really a bad job. But generally, I am not a fan of fake nails. I'm not a fan of women who can't do things because they "just got their nails done", fake or otherwise. My cousin's wife wouldn't do ANYTHING around the house after she got her fake nails done, which is fine because HE certainly needs to do things around the house too. But it wasn't right after she got them done either...it was pretty much a lot of things, all of the time because those dumb things were so long. They're divorced, although I'm sure it has a lot to do with more than her nails.

Your hands are one of the most useful parts of your body, if not THE most useful. Anything to make them any less useful, IMHO, is kinda dumb. When I was in college, I had longer nails than I do now. Because it didn't make me any less useful for what I needed to do then. Now, I'd scratch up my kid every way til' Sunday if I had long nails. For some people, long nails are fine...it doesn't get in the way of anything they need to do.

So yeah, if you can scale mountains with those talons (or just maintain what you need to do with your life), then awesome! More power to you and you don't apply to my obviously horrid way of thinking!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1305311092|2920929 said:
It's okay to have a personal opinion, but when generalizing that "Americans" do things one way, and the French do it better is just asking for trouble.

I personally don't have to have acrylics. I like my nails, but I'm going to show you some pictures, and I totally get what OP was trying to say (just not in the right way).

Princess, your nails are an example of nicely done acrylic french manicures. I'm posting another good one below, with longer white tips.
I'm also posting some not so nice ones with really square (even flared) ends which I'm NOT a fan of at all. I think those look REALLY fake, because no one's nails grow that way right?

Jaysonsmom, that first picture is a travesty because anything that draws my attention FIRST over a DIAMOND, is just a no no!!! :cheeky:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know what the negative connotations are, but I just went to a new hairdresser who is 43 with long hair that's several inches below her shoulders. She said her mom always asks her when she's going to cut her hair since she's older now! I guess in her mother's generation (and my mother's too, actually) it just isn't considered appropriate to leave your hair long. I'm not sure why either, though-maybe the hippie thing? It's interesting!

I have long hair currently but it's not super long-it's probably 5 inches or so below my shoulders. I plan to keep it that way until I feel like cutting it again. My hairstyles have varied wildly in adulthood-I've had everything from a mohawk to a fauxhawk to a buzzcut to bleach blonde spiky hair. I think I'm recovering from those days because my hair is about as plain as you can get right now! :cheeky:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1305311263|2920935 said:
I'd love to hear more about the associations you have with long hair - I wear mine down to my waist, and aside from occasionally worrying that I might look like a hippie, it never occurred to me that there might be any negative associations! I mean ... what do you wonder? Does it seem hippie-ish, high-maintenance ... what?

Circe - it looks like so much work to keep up, not to mention the extra weight on your head, neck and shoulder... it just makes me wonder why? Why would someone make that choice? There are two women who work in the same building I do who wear their hair very long. I've noticed that I'm more accepting of the one who I know by name and have worked with for many years - I'd say my reaction is more one of bemusement - than it is of the woman that I've seen around the building for a few years but never worked with. And when I do interact with my long-haired co-worker professionally, my concern is totally with the work product, not how she wears her hair! And I'd never actually ask either of them about their hair choices, I figure it's none of my business even if I do notice and have an option about those choices.

I truly hope I did not offend you. My point was just that I think many of us make these types of judgements throughout the day, some more than others I suspect. I used to call it recreational critiquing. I personally would like to do less of it but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I've seen my mother mouthing off now that she's letting go of some of her "filters" and if I get to that point, I want to be saving those pointed observations for something worthwhile, not something as personal as nails or hair. So, I think the real question is whether and how those judgements factor into how we interact with and treat other people.

But I still reserve the right - for now, anyway, to be totally judgmental about the guys who wear their pants with the waistband somewhere near their thighs!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Circe, when I hear of a woman with hair to her waist, I think immediately of either a fundamentalist home-school type or a girl who plays dungeons and dragons and attends renaissance fairs. I assume the hair is probably wavy and stringy and in very bad need of a haircut. These are just impressions that come to my mind if you throw out "hair down to her waist" and tell me to say what comes to mind; I wouldn't see a person with hair to her waist and immediately think of those things if she was well dressed or had her hair styled nicely. I've known a few people with very nice, healthy long hair and thought nothing of it other than how pretty it was.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VRBeauty|1305312698|2920961 said:
Circe|1305311263|2920935 said:

Circe - it looks like so much work to keep up, not to mention the extra weight on your head, neck and shoulder... it just makes me wonder why? Why would someone make that choice? There are two women who work in the same building I do who wear their hair very long. I've noticed that I'm more accepting of the one who I know by name and have worked with for many years - I'd say my reaction is more one of bemusement - than it is of the woman that I've seen around the building for a few years but never worked with. And when I do interact with my long-haired co-worker professionally, my concern is totally with the work product, not how she wears her hair! And I'd never actually ask either of them about their hair choices, I figure it's none of my business even if I do notice and have an option about those choices.

I truly hope I did not offend you. My point was just that I think many of us make these types of judgements throughout the day, some more than others I suspect. I used to call it recreational critiquing. I personally would like to do less of it but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I've seen my mother mouthing off now that she's letting go of some of her "filters" and if I get to that point, I want to be saving those pointed observations for something worthwhile, not something as personal as nails or hair. So, I think the real question is whether and how those judgements factor into how we interact with and treat other people.

But I still reserve the right - for now, anyway, to be totally judgmental about the guys who wear their pants with the waistband somewhere near their thighs!

Heheheheh - not offended at all (we all have our "things") - it just made me curious! The funny thing is, I wear my hair this long because it's so low maintenance: I mean, I wash it every other day and go to sleep with it wet, and I only have to get it cut every 6 months or so. When I had shorter hair, I had to get trims, blow dry it if I wanted it to lie straight, the works. :(

Well, that and I just think it's pretty. 8-)

BTW, totally with you on the low-pants. Anything that starts off as prison fashion is going to continue to get the side-eye from me: if your role models were smart tough guys, dude, they wouldn't have gotten caught! Glorifying ineptitude is tacky, on all counts.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
My school appointed an interim dean with waist-length hair. My first thought, when I saw her, was that it was odd they'd choose someone with an unprofessional appearance to represent the school (her clothes are totally appropriate, it was really just the hair). I wear my hair long right now but when I'm working I keep it shoulder length. I think people associate longer hair with childishness or vanity.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
iugurl|1305309724|2920904 said:
stci|1305259145|2920396 said:
Cehrabehra|1305258099|2920377 said:
How you start this thread sets people on the defensive.

And ???

I understand it's not easy to take care of our natural nails but when I look in France (for example), they never do acrylic or gel nails without plaque elongation. I never see a prothesist do that in USA. The result are spectacular! Perhaps it's mode or culture no?

Do you live in the USA? I was under the impression that you lived elsewhere. If you don't live here, how can you say a statement like the one bolded? How do you know so many girls were fake nails? Besides this "study" you speak of. Just because your nail salon calls something "American" doesn't necessarily mean it is from or the norm in America.

If you do live in America, may I ask what state? I am curious to see where women are wearing fake nails with such short pink area.

Thank you!!! That was the point I was trying to make. She is calling short nail beds on acrylics ugly but I have NEVER seen anyone here in the States actually do this/ask for it done that way. From what she says, not only is this on option where she lives (American Nails!?!), people ACTUALLY ASK FOR IT!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1305311058|2920928 said:
MC|1305305658|2920830 said:
Circe|1305304587|2920816 said:
MC|1305303939|2920802 said:
Italiahaircolor|1305302766|2920779 said:
Wow...

For the record, I have a gel overlay on my natural nails. If you saw them, you'd never know. They are super short and don't extend out past my finger tips. Years ago I cut the tip of my finger off in a car door and had to have it reattached, the nail bed never grew back normal, so I wear the overlay to camouflage that...guess that makes my hands ugly in French culture...who knew? And here I was thinking I actually made them look better. Thank God I live in America ;))

Stci, we all know English isn't you first language...and that's fine. But perhaps, before you decide to pop off on an issue you should research ways to kindly phrase your point. If you think, point blank, fake nails are ugly, that's totally cool. I think being rude, point blank, is ugly as well. You come on here, every so often, looking for comfort after you've offended someone and you're still not getting the point...it's not what you say but how you say it. And yes, contrary to your belief, when you're outrightly rude and offend people, it is your problem. At this point, it's apparently an ongoing problem.

Yep, the statement to leave drama!

Anyway, for those who want to see stcyis (or however you spell your name - I only speak english so only know how to speak like an American).... idea of acceptable...

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nail-polishes-topic-enter-girls.158328/#post-2878497#p2878497']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nail-polishes-topic-enter-girls.158328/#post-2878497#p2878497[/URL]

Mee-youch! MC, she wasn't exactly the only participant on that thread ... not to mention the whole two wrongs not equaling a right thing?

Was I that mean? Sorry Circe. I've never had a french manicure but I am American and will comment as seems fitting to defending my country and those who chose to paint their nails whatever color they want to. Seems like some think it's okay to bash Americans to the point that people on vacation have to pretend to be from other countries to avoid being critisized. Next thing you'll see, we'll all be putting on gloves before going out in public!!!

Didn't offend me personally (I am and will remain an unabashed glitterball), but it seemed out of character! I can understand the defensiveness, though - I don't react that way to criticisms of America, but I would to criticism of New Yorkers. Different stereotypes hit us where we live, I guess. Go figure!

Circe - I'm not offended or trying to be defensive (just being silly). I'm just entertaining myself with these comments! I think it's all a bunch of nonsense using the ESL crappy excuse to start a thread like this. God, if the same thing trash talk was brought up about any other culture (except French apparently), all hell would break loose. In fact, I decided to announce this thread as racist b/c it's attacking American culture. :cheeky:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
iugurl|1305309724|2920904 said:
stci|1305259145|2920396 said:
Cehrabehra|1305258099|2920377 said:
How you start this thread sets people on the defensive.

And ???

I understand it's not easy to take care of our natural nails but when I look in France (for example), they never do acrylic or gel nails without plaque elongation. I never see a prothesist do that in USA. The result are spectacular! Perhaps it's mode or culture no?

Do you live in the USA? I was under the impression that you lived elsewhere. If you don't live here, how can you say a statement like the one bolded? How do you know so many girls were fake nails? Besides this "study" you speak of. Just because your nail salon calls something "American" doesn't necessarily mean it is from or the norm in America.

If you do live in America, may I ask what state? I am curious to see where women are wearing fake nails with such short pink area.

She is NOT american or if she is, she's one of the ones who's pretending she's Canadian. lol

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1305313161|2920966 said:
Heheheheh - not offended at all (we all have our "things") - it just made me curious! The funny thing is, I wear my hair this long because it's so low maintenance: I mean, I wash it every other day and go to sleep with it wet, and I only have to get it cut every 6 months or so. When I had shorter hair, I had to get trims, blow dry it if I wanted it to lie straight, the works. :(

Thanks, Circe - and thanks for the long hair insights!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
suchende|1305313531|2920974 said:
My school appointed an interim dean with waist-length hair. My first thought, when I saw her, was that it was odd they'd choose someone with an unprofessional appearance to represent the school (her clothes are totally appropriate, it was really just the hair). I wear my hair long right now but when I'm working I keep it shoulder length. I think people associate longer hair with childishness or vanity.

Again, fascinating! I know I tend to put mine up or back for interviews and when I'm teaching, but I'll leave it in a simple pony-tail for office hours and faculty meetings: perhaps that's a policy I'll change! I can't fathom the thought of cutting it, though - the last time it was short, people kept mistaking me for a high school student. NOT what I'm aiming for these days. :tongue:

MC said:
Circe - I'm not offended or trying to be defensive (just being silly). I'm just entertaining myself with these comments! I think it's all a bunch of nonsense using the ESL crappy excuse to start a thread like this. God, if the same thing trash talk was brought up about any other culture (except French apparently), all hell would break loose. In fact, I decided to announce this thread as racist b/c it's attacking American culture. :cheeky:

Silliness, I'm always in favor of! Could we also claim sexism since it primarily targets women?

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I actually am about to go back to wearing them. I love them, because without them, my nails look really bad.

I have tried all sorts of nail strengtheners, and all different nail polishes. It doesn't matter - my nails always peel and chip, and they never get longer or look pretty.

I tried the Shellac gel manicures for awhile. They worked great, and my nails actually started to grow. Then, after a few manicures with it, I decided to go without it for awhile - and realized that my nails were seriously damaged from it! They are now even more thin and brittle than usual. I know that a lot of people say that the Shellac itself is not damaging and that it's the manner in which the nail technician takes it off that causes the damage (although I'm not entirely convinced), but since I went to a few different places and saw them all take it off me in the same way, I don't think I would be able to find anyone who could do it without damaging my nails. A friend of mine had a very similar experience.

I tried just using strengtheners and nice nail polishes again for a few weeks, but about half of my nails broke off really high up, so they are unnaturally short right now. It looks horrible, so it's back to acrylics for me.

PS. The way that this topic is worded is also offensive to me.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
suchende|1305313531|2920974 said:

Hmm. I have never considered a certain hair length to be unprofessional, at least in regards to women. I can understand unprofessional styles (ex. mohawk), color (ex. pink), or cleanliness/neatness (dirty or disheveled). Why is it unprofessional?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Really interesting thoughts about the long hair. Mine is very long...down to my waist. I must say though, its damn sexy. And not to be cocky, but people tell me so.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, long hair is pretty awesome!!

I've actually always wondered the opposite about hair. I never really understood why so many women just chop it off after a certain age, and that chop usually includes a flying leap off the fashion train too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JillyC|1305307716|2920874 said:
dragonfly411|1305304955|2920823 said:
somethingshiny|1305297148|2920675 said:
The panties in a wad is getting really old around here.

Hey, wait a minute.............I'm a Jersey housewife, and (I'll have to check to make sure) but I think my panties are in a wad over THAT statement! (Just kidding, I agree with you!)

Actually, I don't wear fake nails either and I do think a lot of them are fakey looking. My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law think I'm very unsophisticated for not doing my nails, but I just can't keep up the maintenance.

For gawd sakes you Americans, it isn't "Panties in a Wad, it's Knickers in a Knot". We've had this discussion before on PS--get with the program! :devil: :bigsmile: :cheeky:

And since I don't eat pie--I'll say it MILLERTIME! (or Ehler's Estate time....)

cheers--Sharon

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I thought stci lived in Quebec? From what I've seen, quite a few people have acrylics in Quebec. Maybe not in her area, but there are a lot of nail salons doing acrylics in Montreal. Americans aren't the only ones with fake nails! I agree that they can be nice, but that there are some pretty bad nails out there (ie out in the world, not just the US).

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I really don't get the defensiveness & righteous indignation about Stci's question. It seemed straightforward to me. I'm pretty quick to get disgusted when Americans are denigrated -- by Americans themselves or anyone else. She asked whether what she's seen & read is true. All sorts of weird things are marketed as "American" in foreign countries.

Her impressions are the result of the things we send them. TV shows, movies, magazines, videos, advertisements. It's we who portray ourselves, good or bad, to the world.

Good God, folks! If Stci's somewhat negative impressions get you riled, you're in for some bad times. My Dutch MIL, who had never been to the U.S., spoke no English, knew only what she saw in subtitled American TV series, cried for 3 days over the tragedy of her son's marrying an American! (His father made sure to mention that in the first hour we met.) She told him: "She'll divorce you. I know Americans! I watched Dallas!" Like it or not, we're portrayed everywhere by our media.

I'm surprised & a little teed off. If you're gonna get snarky, pick a more important reason than nails. Pick a person who means to hurt. Sheesh!

--- Laurie

Flame suit zipped up.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Laurie---I think its more so about the fact that this is a consistent pattern with Stci, that is getting to people.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm seeing far fewer fake nails these days. Their popularity is on a downhill slide, me thinks.

Now if we could only put the kibosh to the Oompa Loompa spray tan . . . :bigsmile:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1305322977|2921110 said:
Really interesting thoughts about the long hair. Mine is very long...down to my waist. I must say though, its damn sexy. And not to be cocky, but people tell me so.

Not trying to be in any way mean here (because it can certainly be sexy), but this is one of the reasons why it can be considered unprofessional for the business world. Just like spiked heels and cleavage for the worldworld isn't particularly OK, neither is REALLY long sexy hair.

It's may also be because no matter if you brush it and make it gorgeous, at some point in the day, longer hair looks more mussed up than shorter hair. If pulled back, you have a long ponytail, which unless entirely sleek, doesn't look mature either. A complete every day updo might work, but that's a lot of hair to tuck away every day.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have really long hair as well, but it's well kept, out of my face, and not wild or teased or voluminous. I think it's tame enough for an office setting.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1305327752|2921169 said:
Autumnovember|1305322977|2921110 said:

Not trying to be in any way mean here (because it can certainly be sexy), but this is one of the reasons why it can be considered unprofessional for the business world. Just like spiked heels and cleavage for the worldworld isn't particularly OK, neither is REALLY long sexy hair.

It's may also be because no matter if you brush it and make it gorgeous, at some point in the day, longer hair looks more mussed up than shorter hair. If pulled back, you have a long ponytail, which unless entirely sleek, doesn't look mature either. A complete every day updo might work, but that's a lot of hair to tuck away every day.

Thats why for work, it goes back into a clean, simple bun.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know that long sexy hair twisted into a bun is significantly less sexy, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results