shape
carat
color
clarity

Nail polishes topic! Enter girls!

stci

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of a gold nail polish with white gold rings?

Show us your nails with your gorgeous jewels if you wish! That would be beautiful!!! :love:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
STCI - I think it would look fine!

I personally keep mine with acryllic pink and white for fingers and paint my toes. My fingernails are very thin, they always have been, and tend to break quite easily, so I gave up on them a long time ago. I think having these nails on makes my fingers look longer and more slender anyways.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ha! I actually do this all the time if I'm traveling - the metallic stuff stays on FOREVER. Will definitely shoot a few pics the next time I do it ....

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't tried metallic colors (I prefer dark mauve and berry types of colors), but I think gold polish with WG rings would look good.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My DD does her nails all the time. ALL. The. Time.

She has every color under the sun including green, blue, orange, reds, pinks, gold, silver, on and on. She treats herself to a new polish for under $5 about once a week. So, I'm pretty sure we have every color ever made.

She doesn't pay much attention to which rings to wear with which polish though. She just globs it all together and really looks fine.

I splurged for her and bought her the gold Chanel polish, and it really is beautiful. Lasts a while, too. She wears it with white gold, no prob.

I do my nails maybe twice a year. I don't have the patience for it. Last time I did it, I used a different color (yellow, purple, red, green, and orange) for each nail. It was really fun and springy. I worked hard to make sure the colors all went together, though. You can't have any klunkers when you're doing something that bold.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I tend to use soft colours like what you'd get for french style (e.g. baby pink, ivory, etc.), but every once in a while I'll do hot pink or dark brown; I LOVE dark brown.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of gold? Is it a nude leaning gold shimmer or a yellowy foil gold? I think the specifics make a big difference here. I personally can't pull off any golds with my skin tone.

I am a bit of a nail polish addict-- I try not to think about how much money I've spent on bottles. I quickly console myself by saying that I never, ever get professional manicures or pedicures and my nails still look fabulous. Painting my nails is a therapeutic evening activity for me.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Same for me Prudential! It's a therapy....

I talk about any gold creme, shimmer or simply glitter. I have over 100 nails polishes color and I know many woman who have over 1000. They collect all type of bottles, colors and brand.

I can say that Chanel gold is incredible.

Ilander... your nails with differents colors is called "skittles mani" cute no? :D

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You'd have to post a photo because I haven't seen this look.

I don't paint my finger nails...leave them clipped short, but paint my toes all kinds of fun colors. I've collected OPI shades for years. Turns out some are now rare hard-to-find and people obsess over them. One gal offered me $25 for a bottle of a LE one I had (I did sell it to her ;-) lol

stci

Ideal_Rock
I don't have pics of my skittles mani but I found one for you on the web.

zoya-flash-collection-skittles-swatch.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a couple with a WG ring - let me know if you want just mani shots. :cheeky:

IMG_7390.JPG

IMG_7690.JPG

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Now I see gold nail polish is wonderful with wg ring! Gorgeous and thank you for the pics! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
stci|1300990249|2879149 said:
I don't have pics of my skittles mani but I found one for you on the web.

It has a NAME? :shock:

I thought I was being so clever . . . :nono:

But it's a fun look, isn't it?

stci

Ideal_Rock
HIhihi! iLander you are sooo cute!

Yes it has a name, several manicure have names like "Louboutin mani", "french mani", "crackle mani"...

Now... if you want to try beautiful nail polishes go to OPI website, have fun!

http://www.opi.com/nailstudio/NailStudio_SA.shtml

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I must admit, I am feeling quite jealous. I hardly get my finger nails done. I only do pedicures, not manicures and I just trim my nails short. For some reason I just keep chipping the paint on my fingers, right from day 1 of the manicure so it is just not worth doing my nails. Now I am learning how to play the violin together with my 5 year old, so I have to keep my finger nails short.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ecf8503|1301003127|2879433 said:
Here's a couple with a WG ring - let me know if you want just mani shots. :cheeky:

I'm a mega polish fan! Those are great golds. I think they'd make excellent holiday colors. The sparkles to me = new years or something. I have Rudolph Red that is read with sparkles. So fun around Christmas!

It'd be fun having a job at OPI coming up with names for various colors.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I've always struggled with my nails - they've always been thin and brittle, and they peel so easily. If I put nail polish on, it almost always chips within 24 hours. After 2 days, it's a mess.

I tried the acrylic nail thing, which was fine for awhile, but I actually grew allergic to the glue over the course of a month or two. I tried to ignore it when my fingers started itching, but I started breaking out in random patches of hives (I guess wherever I touched my body with my hands), I developed huge bags under my eyes, and I started getting a really stuffy, runny nose. It actually took me awhile to figure out what I was allergic to, since the allergy wasn't immediate. When I finally took the acrylics off, my nails were much thinner and more brittle than normal. It was a nightmare, but at least the allergic reaction began to go away after only a day or so.

I just recently discovered Shellac manicures, and I love them. I just had my third one done, and I have no idea how damaging they are to your nails over time, but they are great for me so far. My nails are growing longer, and I actually have a French manicure on my natural nails for the first time ever in my life.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
stci|1302058445|2888889 said:
HIhihi! iLander you are sooo cute!

Yes it has a name, several manicure have names like "Louboutin mani", "french mani", "crackle mani"...

Now... if you want to try beautiful nail polishes go to OPI website, have fun!

http://www.opi.com/nailstudio/NailStudio_SA.shtml

I love OPI. I must have some really old colors because they're not even listed. I do have I'm not really a waitress but it's too dark for my very pale hands. I use it on my toes though.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in dire need of a pedicure and am going to treat myself to one if I make it through this first week of my new (sigh) diet. I've been contemplating colors as I keep seeing Teals and Greens ... a glossy, teensy glittery GUNMETAL sounds awesome ... but I'm really wanting a vivid radioactive Violet. Something PUNCHY and wow.

Its too early for sandals in the Northeast -- but I've started a weekly yoga class and those ladies will see my toes ... and I might be doing swim lessons too: ditto. These crackly, scaly, calloused, ashy Winter Toes have got to GOES.

stci

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1302134085|2889665 said:
I am in dire need of a pedicure and am going to treat myself to one if I make it through this first week of my new (sigh) diet. I've been contemplating colors as I keep seeing Teals and Greens ... a glossy, teensy glittery GUNMETAL sounds awesome ... but I'm really wanting a vivid radioactive Violet. Something PUNCHY and wow.

Its too early for sandals in the Northeast -- but I've started a weekly yoga class and those ladies will see my toes ... and I might be doing swim lessons too: ditto. These crackly, scaly, calloused, ashy Winter Toes have got to GOES.

May I suggest OPI - Purple with a purpose? Fantastic violet really flashy!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I do my nails usually weekly, sometimes twice a week. I just love doing them, they make me feel girly. I had a glittery pink with a little heart on it. If anyone knows of a good bright pink color, please let me know, ive been looking, but havent found one i LOVE.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Jessie.... click on the link I gave + Brights + Shorts story. It's a beautiful bright pink! You gonna love it I think.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
OOOOO....Thank you so much. Im going to look right now.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Can anybody recommend a good ivory nail polish? I'm looking for something with matte texture that's not used in french manicure. I already have the french manicure version but I don't like how, even after 3 coats, you can still discern where the white of the nail starts. So basically I'm looking for something that makes the whole nail look ivory coloured.

Any suggestions?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
mayerling|1302245311|2890906 said:
Can anybody recommend a good ivory nail polish? I'm looking for something with matte texture that's not used in french manicure. I already have the french manicure version but I don't like how, even after 3 coats, you can still discern where the white of the nail starts. So basically I'm looking for something that makes the whole nail look ivory coloured.

Any suggestions?

ORLY Pure Porcelain... it covers completely in 2 coats. It is more of a creme finish (good link to explain the differences... http://www.lacquerized.com/2010/04/finish-it-up.html)but you can use a matte topcoat if you want. It's one of the few "white's" that I can get good coverage in two coats.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Jessie702|1302145047|2889860 said:
I do my nails usually weekly, sometimes twice a week. I just love doing them, they make me feel girly. I had a glittery pink with a little heart on it. If anyone knows of a good bright pink color, please let me know, ive been looking, but havent found one i LOVE.

If you like a bit of glitter in things, try China Glaze Strawberry Fields. It's a summer favorite-- great pink jelly base with golden shimmer.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
... a sneak peek into my collection. I'm keep it hidden. hahaha
IMAG01365.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
MissPrudential|1302268851|2890990 said:

Any suggestions?

ORLY Pure Porcelain... it covers completely in 2 coats. It is more of a creme finish (good link to explain the differences... http://www.lacquerized.com/2010/04/finish-it-up.html)but you can use a matte topcoat if you want. It's one of the few "white's" that I can get good coverage in two coats.

Thanks! Will check it out.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissPrudential|1302269723|2891000 said:
... a sneak peek into my collection. I'm keep it hidden. hahaha

I have drawers that look like that... :bigsmile:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1302273563|2891039 said:
MissPrudential|1302268851|2890990 said:

Any suggestions?

Thanks! Will check it out.

Just received this today, and have already tried it. I love it! However, it has a more pinkish tint than I would prefer. Could you suggest something a little more ivory/cream/beige-coloured?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results