shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my Unicorn 4.11 ct OEC due to the Magic of Pricescope

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
OMG, @lulu_ma! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am happy to be part of your search! I can’t wait to see it set. It is absolutely mesmerizing!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11 ! So glad you were involved in my quest! This is just more proof of how special PS'ers are.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone! The faceting is stunning and like many of these old charmers, she faces up really white no matter what she’s labeled! Can’t wait to see her set in her permanent home!!! Congrats!

Thanks @yennyfire ! There is something so special about these old stones :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful diamond! What a lovely looker she is! :kiss2:

Congratulations! :appl: Can't wait to see what you do with her!

Thanks so much @Alex T ! I can't wait until she is set too!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Stunning. The faceting is chunkalicious and that size!
M is for marvelous, magnificent, magical and mesmerizing!

So happy you found your dream stone and that setting is going to be amazing. ❤️

Enjoy your gorgeous OEC in blingy joy and good health!

Oh I think all those adjectives apply to you @missy! Without your and FK's guidance-I can only imagine what I would have ended up with!

Thank you so much for your time and wisdom. It's people like you that make PS the special place that it is!:love:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big congrats to you! :clap:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful!! The chunky-faceted sparkle is like a literal light in the darkness of the last year! Congratulations on your enviable find!

Aw @MiniMinerva that's such a nice thing to say! I totally feel that way about PS and this diamond :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a stunner. Can't wait to see this beauty set. Congratulations!

Thanks @HollyC ! I have to ask, when are we going to see the SMTB thread on your necklace?! (pretty please):lol:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Aww man I remember when that stone was posted and thought of you straightaway @lulu_ma

I know that searching for the one might seem like a needle in the haystack and I'm so thrilled for you.

Anything that comes from Alex is a winner haha and your giant oec is a real unicorn! Feel free to spam us with more photos hahaha I will never get tired of looking at it.

Thank you @maryjane04 ! My OEC Insta Posse totally delivered. I mean, seriously, I totally would have missed this opportunity! More pics to come!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was hoping you'd lower your color range to give yourself a much better chance of finding "the one". I'm so glad you did, and hit the jackpot right away!!!

When it comes to old cuts you can throw the GIA color grade out the window, they can often face up much whiter. However you have to be careful because some of the ones we saw faced up really yellow. I think it depends on the cut.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Absolutely stunning!!! Your bling dreams truly came true. Extraordinarily lovely. :appl:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I enjoyed following your journey and I’m so happy for you! This stone is beautiful!!!

...and now I know who to tag if I need some OEC personal shopping help!

@123ducklings Thank you! And please do tag me! Just call me the crazy OEC lady. I'm nothing if not resourceful...:loopy:

IMG_9951.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!!! @instaposse :lol: This stone is TDF! And your setting idea is Amazeballs! Holy cow she is so clean and white and lively! And that setting! Gah! Dying over here:kiss2:

This is why she's my Unicorn! :lol: Thanks for your kind words @ringo865 !

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping you'd lower your color range to give yourself a much better chance of finding "the one". I'm so glad you did, and hit the jackpot right away!!!

When it comes to old cuts you can throw the GIA color grade out the window, they can often face up much whiter. However you have to be careful because some of the ones we saw faced up really yellow. I think it depends on the cut.

Your DW's glorious ring totally inspired me!

My problem was my inability to see more OECs irl. The only GIA L I saw just faced up too yellow indoors. When I unpacked my M, I was floored by how white she is.

My concern for this stone is the depth. She's only 53.7% deep, but somehow the middle is lively. I think you are absolutely right-the cut is key.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Oh mannn, I have a soft spot for huge, chunky, warm OEC's!! Your stone is To Die For! o_O :kiss2: :P2 I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but is this vintage or antique? It would look amazing with an original vintage/antique setting, especially Edwardian or early Art Deco.

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! So beautiful. :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh mannn, I have a soft spot for huge, chunky, warm OEC's!! Your stone is To Die For! o_O :kiss2: :P2 I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but is this vintage or antique? It would look amazing with an original vintage/antique setting, especially Edwardian or early Art Deco.

Thanks @platinumrock ! I was just admiring your amazing Moonstone earlier today (totally missed it last week as I was in a OEC frenzy).:loopy:

I would love to find an original vintage setting, but I couldn't find anything that would fit this diameter. If you see any, please send them my way!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@123ducklings Thank you! And please do tag me! Just call me the crazy OEC lady. I'm nothing if not resourceful...:loopy:

IMG_9951.jpg

Was this your research? I love that you documented this! Would be good to reference in a few years :)

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @HollyC ! I have to ask, when are we going to see the SMTB thread on your necklace?! (pretty please):lol:

Haha I will post soon. I really am terrible at taking photos lol

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @platinumrock ! I was just admiring your amazing Moonstone earlier today (totally missed it last week as I was in a OEC frenzy).:loopy:

I would love to find an original vintage setting, but I couldn't find anything that would fit this diameter. If you see any, please send them my way!

Haha I don't blame you, your honker is blinding! I found an original 1920's French Art Deco platinum buttercup setting for my 3.17 diamond on Ebay. It was 12 mm (my stone is 9.21 mm), but I was able to get a jeweler to adjust the prongs to make it fit. I'll let you know when I find something.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results