shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my Unicorn 4.11 ct OEC due to the Magic of Pricescope

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Haha I don't blame you, your honker is blinding! I found an original 1920's French Art Deco platinum buttercup setting for my 3.17 diamond on Ebay. It was 12 mm (my stone is 9.21 mm), but I was able to get a jeweler to adjust the prongs to make it fit. I'll let you know when I find something.

Oh is there a thread on that ring? I would love to see the setting!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Was this your research? I love that you documented this! Would be good to reference in a few years :)

I’m a dork, I know. But, I had to keep track of the data somehow!:lol:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is EVERYTHING!! Damn! Well done!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yay! More pics and videos always welcome

@Tayberry Winter came back here in New England. It’s going to warm up again so I have try to get more footage later this week! :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is EVERYTHING!! Damn! Well done!

@nala I appreciate your complimentary comments-especially because reading about your own upgrade and her different outfits was so fun!

Thanks @Mreader ! I was thinking about doing an eight prong temp setting, but my dream setting is this Art Deco one. I don't have any rings with a halo and I have been carrying this pic around for months:

deco_setting.jpg

Wow, that stone in this mounting would be absolutely amazing! I love Art Deco style, and with your new stone, this ring would be a stunner. Can’t wait to see it all done!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that stone in this mounting would be absolutely amazing! I love Art Deco style, and with your new stone, this ring would be a stunner. Can’t wait to see it all done!

@LoverOfBeautifulThings I love all things Art Deco and Art Nouveau, but this would be my first ring in either style. I'm excited-and It's so fun to be able to share my excitement :)

*edited just peeked at your thread on your asscher-it's tdf-especially love the gallery-beautiful!

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! What a gorgeous stone and so white to boot! I'm biased because I love my M OEC and thinks she is very white as well, but I love the colors and pastels lower color OECs throw around. I'm so excited to see this in your setting!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! What a gorgeous stone and so white to boot! I'm biased because I love my M OEC and thinks she is very white as well, but I love the colors and pastels lower color OECs throw around. I'm so excited to see this in your setting!

Thanks @Moonie I love your ring and your diamond is so light and bright! I think the initial L I saw was just a yellow one. I'm so glad that I broadened my color range and took a chance on an M. These antique stones are just beautiful chameleons! :D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, gorgeous and huge! The best combination.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Catmom ! :D Btw, I could stare at your ec all day...and that setting:love:

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Moonie I love your ring and your diamond is so light and bright! I think the initial L I saw was just a yellow one. I'm so glad that I broadened my color range and took a chance on an M. These antique stones are just beautiful chameleons! :D

yes you never know with these old stones! agree that you just have to see the ONE to see what you want.

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
Okay, get ready for me to wax poetic...

Like many others, I have been home A LOT in the last year. Three kids remote learning, no eating out, no traveling, few work projects-in short, not too much fun. Enter PS-in the few spare moments I have to myself, I love logging on. I love seeing the bling and hearing everyone's stories. PS has become a lovely escape for me.

But...PS is infectious. Over the course of the last 7 months, I developed a case of OEC Fever. Can you really blame me? There are just too many beautiful OEC's on PS ~le sigh~.

As DH and I have a big anniversary coming up, I started collecting market data about 6 months ago. My intention was to make a trip to NYC this summer to shop OECs in person. Well, last month I decided I needed to see some OECs irl. Big mistake. Once I saw the OECs irl, I became obsessed.

I set a budget for myself and started looking for my dream 3.5+ carat J/K/L eye clean stone in earnest. Over the course of the last few weeks, I found out that there are no well-cut stones in my price and color range. I expanded my color range to M, but didn't have much luck. I got really discouraged.

On Saturday, March 7th, I posted a WTB. I knew it was a long shot, but figured that it couldn't hurt. By Tuesday, March 9th, due to the magic of PS, I purchased my dream stone from Parks Fine Group!

A BIG shout out to my OEC Insta Posse @Txborn79 @Dmndsr4evr11 @Mreader @Cerulean @Aurora26 @maryjane04 . Within 20 minutes of Alex Park's Insta posting, these ladies all jumped on to PS to let me know. @Txborn79 wins the quick draw award. I honestly believe that if I hadn't randomly logged onto PS last Tuesday that I would have missed this stone.

A HUGE thank you the OEC gurus. @missy and @ForteKitty I'm SO grateful that you helped me eliminate so many imperfect stones!

And there are so many others that I have learned from @prs @Rfisher and @Spring Day come to mind...sorry if I have forgotten to mention you--it's not intentional.

Without further ado, I present my spready 4.11 M/ VS1 OEC (10.74 x 10.68 x 5.76 mm)

coral2.jpg

My one sad glamour shot

facetcloseup.jpg

Close up

285vs411.jpg

Next to my 2.85 GIA F color ER

411vsstuds.jpg

Next to my I colored studs

Such pretty pretty stones! Can't take my eyes off them!:appl::appl::appl:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Catmom Me too! Excuse my over enthusiasm. I gotta get the OEC set soon! :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes this stone looks bright white and in late afternoon light she’s a pleasing creamy white. These old cuts are just mystifying.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations lulu ma all that hard work has paid off! What a beautiful OEC for you to enjoy. Such a white stone, it looks whiter than the i! I cannot wait to see it in show me the bling once you have had it set!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@meely thanks for your kind words! I can not wait for the OEC to be set. I am closely following your amethyst setting journey, too. I hope you can find a solution!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@meely thanks for your kind words! I can not wait for the OEC to be set. I am closely following your amethyst setting journey, too. I hope you can find a solution!

I’m sure you can’t you must be itching to wear it! Thanks for you kind words regarding my amethyst. Im trying to get two other projects signed off with DK then I will get back to it, hopefully a little bit of distance will have helped!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!! What an incredible, heirloom worthy stone! :love: She is absolutely beautiful, those facets and that dreamy colour are just to die for *sigh* you are one lucky lady!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much @GeorgieQ ! I appreciate your sweet words! I can not wait to get this baby set :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results