shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my Unicorn 4.11 ct OEC due to the Magic of Pricescope

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So excited for you to find a beautiful stone that you love! Looks like M to me compared to the L (he has a brown M that can't be compared to a yellow), but I have an O so I am fine with light yellow OECs! Embrace the color! Can't wait to see how you set it!

Whatever color she is, I'm in love :D

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, she is gorgeous and huge! Your search paid off in spades! Can't wait to see her set. What is her table size btw?

Thanks @Kim N I got really lucky! And she’s got a 51% table :)

*edited-btw your 3.15 ct K was one of the beauties that I filed under "the one that got away."

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your sweet comments. Honestly @lulu_ma, they’re so mesmerising, and I actually find the fact that they’re not stark white, part of their charm. I also love that the stones have a history, and I often muse that someone must’ve been very loved to have been given such a beautiful stone. Enjoy your beauty, I’m sure you will.

@Austina totally agree! This 4.11 is a creamy white when compared to the icy white of my EC, but she's just as beautiful to me. I didn't want a colorless OEC.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock
Oh my congrats, it’s beautiful @lulu_ma! I’m so happy for you!! :dance:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Drooling and swooning over here...such a beauty! Congrats, @lulu_ma!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
She is gorgeous, and that you've been holding onto is incredible too. May she bring you years of joy and happiness!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Hubba hubba!! That stone is gorgeous!!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
She is gorgeous, and that you've been holding onto is incredible too. May she bring you years of joy and happiness!

Thanks for your well wishes @RockFox ! I feel very fortunate :)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on finding something that speaks to you and you love. That’s what oecs are all about. Enjoy your beautiful new (to you) stone.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, get ready for me to wax poetic...

Like many others, I have been home A LOT in the last year. Three kids remote learning, no eating out, no traveling, few work projects-in short, not too much fun. Enter PS-in the few spare moments I have to myself, I love logging on. I love seeing the bling and hearing everyone's stories. PS has become a lovely escape for me.

But...PS is infectious. Over the course of the last 7 months, I developed a case of OEC Fever. Can you really blame me? There are just too many beautiful OEC's on PS ~le sigh~.

As DH and I have a big anniversary coming up, I started collecting market data about 6 months ago. My intention was to make a trip to NYC this summer to shop OECs in person. Well, last month I decided I needed to see some OECs irl. Big mistake. Once I saw the OECs irl, I became obsessed.

I set a budget for myself and started looking for my dream 3.5+ carat J/K/L eye clean stone in earnest. Over the course of the last few weeks, I found out that there are no well-cut stones in my price and color range. I expanded my color range to M, but didn't have much luck. I got really discouraged.

On Saturday, March 7th, I posted a WTB. I knew it was a long shot, but figured that it couldn't hurt. By Tuesday, March 9th, due to the magic of PS, I purchased my dream stone from Parks Fine Group!

A BIG shout out to my OEC Insta Posse @Txborn79 @Dmndsr4evr11 @Mreader @Cerulean @Aurora26 @maryjane04 . Within 20 minutes of Alex Park's Insta posting, these ladies all jumped on to PS to let me know. @Txborn79 wins the quick draw award. I honestly believe that if I hadn't randomly logged onto PS last Tuesday that I would have missed this stone.

A HUGE thank you the OEC gurus. @missy and @ForteKitty I'm SO grateful that you helped me eliminate so many imperfect stones!

And there are so many others that I have learned from @prs @Rfisher and @Spring Day come to mind...sorry if I have forgotten to mention you--it's not intentional.

Without further ado, I present my spready 4.11 M/ VS1 OEC (10.74 x 10.68 x 5.76 mm)

coral2.jpg

My one sad glamour shot

facetcloseup.jpg

Close up

285vs411.jpg

Next to my 2.85 GIA F color ER

411vsstuds.jpg

Next to my I colored studs

OMG, @lulu_ma! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am happy to be part of your search! I can’t wait to see it set. It is absolutely mesmerizing!!! Congrats!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Kim N I got really lucky! And she’s got a 51% table :)

*edited-btw your 3.15 ct K was one of the beauties that I filed under "the one that got away."

Thank you so much for the lovely comment!

I've long wanted to be quick enough on the trigger for one of Alex's diamonds, so how fortuitous that you happened to be logged into PS at the exact right time to snag your unicorn! Please continue to share your setting journey for her!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg it’s HUGE! And so beautiful! Congrats!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a gorgeous stone! The faceting is stunning and like many of these old charmers, she faces up really white no matter what she’s labeled! Can’t wait to see her set in her permanent home!!! Congrats!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful diamond! What a lovely looker she is! :kiss2:

Congratulations! :appl: Can't wait to see what you do with her!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. The faceting is chunkalicious and that size!
M is for marvelous, magnificent, magical and mesmerizing!

So happy you found your dream stone and that setting is going to be amazing. ❤️

Enjoy your gorgeous OEC in blingy joy and good health!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
So sexy, it's obscene :love: :love: and ginornmous!
I love that art deco setting and she's going to look beyond in it.

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful!! The chunky-faceted sparkle is like a literal light in the darkness of the last year! Congratulations on your enviable find!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunner. Can't wait to see this beauty set. Congratulations!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww man I remember when that stone was posted and thought of you straightaway @lulu_ma

I know that searching for the one might seem like a needle in the haystack and I'm so thrilled for you.

Anything that comes from Alex is a winner haha and your giant oec is a real unicorn! Feel free to spam us with more photos hahaha I will never get tired of looking at it.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I enjoyed following your journey and I’m so happy for you! This stone is beautiful!!!

...and now I know who to tag if I need some OEC personal shopping help!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on finding something that speaks to you and you love. That’s what oecs are all about. Enjoy your beautiful new (to you) stone.

Thanks @LLJsmom . You're new three stone is so fabulous-I was momentarily tempted to do a 3 stone myself. But that Art Deco setting keeps calling to me...

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looooove your new OEC! It’s going to look so glorious in that Art Deco setting!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!!! @instaposse :lol: This stone is TDF! And your setting idea is Amazeballs! Holy cow she is so clean and white and lively! And that setting! Gah! Dying over here:kiss2:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that OEC is amazing! Can't wait to see it set. I love the classy art deco setting too. Congrats!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results