shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my Unicorn 4.11 ct OEC due to the Magic of Pricescope

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Okay, get ready for me to wax poetic...

Like many others, I have been home A LOT in the last year. Three kids remote learning, no eating out, no traveling, few work projects-in short, not too much fun. Enter PS-in the few spare moments I have to myself, I love logging on. I love seeing the bling and hearing everyone's stories. PS has become a lovely escape for me.

But...PS is infectious. Over the course of the last 7 months, I developed a case of OEC Fever. Can you really blame me? There are just too many beautiful OEC's on PS ~le sigh~.

As DH and I have a big anniversary coming up, I started collecting market data about 6 months ago. My intention was to make a trip to NYC this summer to shop OECs in person. Well, last month I decided I needed to see some OECs irl. Big mistake. Once I saw the OECs irl, I became obsessed.

I set a budget for myself and started looking for my dream 3.5+ carat J/K/L eye clean stone in earnest. Over the course of the last few weeks, I found out that there are no well-cut stones in my price and color range. I expanded my color range to M, but didn't have much luck. I got really discouraged.

On Saturday, March 7th, I posted a WTB. I knew it was a long shot, but figured that it couldn't hurt. By Tuesday, March 9th, due to the magic of PS, I purchased my dream stone from Parks Fine Group!

A BIG shout out to my OEC Insta Posse @Txborn79 @Dmndsr4evr11 @Mreader @Cerulean @Aurora26 @maryjane04 . Within 20 minutes of Alex Park's Insta posting, these ladies all jumped on to PS to let me know. @Txborn79 wins the quick draw award. I honestly believe that if I hadn't randomly logged onto PS last Tuesday that I would have missed this stone.

A HUGE thank you the OEC gurus. @missy and @ForteKitty I'm SO grateful that you helped me eliminate so many imperfect stones!

And there are so many others that I have learned from @prs @Rfisher and @Spring Day come to mind...sorry if I have forgotten to mention you--it's not intentional.

Without further ado, I present my spready 4.11 M/ VS1 OEC (10.74 x 10.68 x 5.76 mm)

coral2.jpg

My one sad glamour shot

facetcloseup.jpg

Close up

285vs411.jpg

Next to my 2.85 GIA F color ER

411vsstuds.jpg

Next to my I colored studs

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A video and couple more shots:

03CF9BD3-BD5C-4B1B-98B4-8E8DC8BADE9F.jpeg

F6EA89B9-AEE0-437F-BCAF-ADDC4BCCF70E.jpeg

Alex thought this stone should have been graded higher color wise. Here she is between GIA L and M grading czs.

Attachments

• CC9E2557-590B-4336-9223-CC6F35480CBA.jpeg
    CC9E2557-590B-4336-9223-CC6F35480CBA.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ain't nothin' sad about that glamour shot! She is BIG and BEAUTIFUL. Yummmmmyyyy!!!! Nearly 11mm (if you round up) :lol: ...man alive! So excited to see her set!

Honestly, she is also so white for an M! I am impressed. I would expect nothing less from Alex Park! I think my favorite is the big open culet....I love it!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh I am IN LOVE with it! #lifegoals right there! How are you planning to set it? It's so lovely. Congrats!

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
SO gorgeous and ginormous! I also agree it looks higher than a GIA M. Such an amazing find and all your incredible patience clearly paid off :clap:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ain't nothin' sad about that glamour shot! She is BIG and BEAUTIFUL. Yummmmmyyyy!!!! Nearly 11mm (if you round up) :lol: ...man alive! So excited to see her set!

Honestly, she is also so white for an M! I am impressed. I would expect nothing less from Alex Park! I think my favorite is the big open culet....I love it!

Thanks @Cerulean ! I think my hands may have been shaking a bit when I was unpacking her. She looked white even tucked into the GIA cert sleeve-I was shocked!

Last edited:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh I am IN LOVE with it! #lifegoals right there! How are you planning to set it? It's so lovely. Congrats!

Thanks @Mreader ! I was thinking about doing an eight prong temp setting, but my dream setting is this Art Deco one. I don't have any rings with a halo and I have been carrying this pic around for months:

deco_setting.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Reactions: caf

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
SO gorgeous and ginormous! I also agree it looks higher than a GIA M. Such an amazing find and all your incredible patience clearly paid off :clap:

Thanks @Aurora26 ! I don't know if I'm patient, but I am determined :lol:.

I am so glad I posted that WTB!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love her facet pattern..She looks so white!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning stone :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
One more video in dim light because I can't help myself:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Drop dead gorgeous! This one is SOOOO much more beautiful than the others you posted before. Congrats to you for finding your OEC!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very petty!
~ Congratulations ~
It’s easy to agree yours may not be a true M, but that grading CZ M sure looks brown from that side view

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing diamond. Just beautiful!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, she is gorgeous and huge! Your search paid off in spades! Can't wait to see her set. What is her table size btw?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So excited for you to find a beautiful stone that you love! Looks like M to me compared to the L (he has a brown M that can't be compared to a yellow), but I have an O so I am fine with light yellow OECs! Embrace the color! Can't wait to see how you set it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your sweet comments. Honestly @lulu_ma, they’re so mesmerising, and I actually find the fact that they’re not stark white, part of their charm. I also love that the stones have a history, and I often muse that someone must’ve been very loved to have been given such a beautiful stone. Enjoy your beauty, I’m sure you will.

Nymf

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, what an amazing stone!!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Drop dead gorgeous! This one is SOOOO much more beautiful than the others you posted before. Congrats to you for finding your OEC!

Thanks @Mrs_Strizzle your OEC beauty is one of the reasons that I expanded my color range. And I am SO glad that I did!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Very very petty!
~ Congratulations ~
It’s easy to agree yours may not be a true M, but that grading CZ M sure looks brown from that side view

Thanks @Rfisher ! Totally agree on this Grading M. I think this GIA Grading Kit is going back. I hope I can find a better one elsewhere.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results