shape
carat
color
clarity

How a PS/WF GTG created the perfect diamond storm. . .

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been going through some rough times lately, with difficulties at work, etc. and i'm not in a good mood but this afternoon i signed in on PS and saw your ring and it put a smile on my face. It is truly wonderful. Just looking at it makes me feel happy!!
On another note, i really wish i could join all of you guys in one of those GTG's but unfortunately it is impossible because i live in Greece. PS has been like a second home and family for me and i'm grateful for everything that i've learnt here and for all the encouragement and great advice that i have received through the years....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been going through some rough times lately, with difficulties at work, etc. and i'm not in a good mood but this afternoon i signed in on PS and saw your ring and it put a smile on my face. It is truly wonderful. Just looking at it makes me feel happy!!
On another note, i really wish i could join all of you guys in one of those GTG's but unfortunately it is impossible because i live in Greece. PS has been like a second home and family for me and i'm grateful for everything that i've learnt here and for all the encouragement and great advice that i have received through the years....

Oh, Naty, how special your words are to me! I am sorry for your troubling times; just know that nothing good or bad lasts forever. I hope you find yourself in the good again sooner rather than later. You are such a sweetheart and I so appreciate your kinds words about the ring - humble thanks to you!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful diamond, 2.5 carats is such a great size, and a G, VS1! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving that new profile photo, @MissGotRocks!

Thanks mrs-b! It is so much better than the original ring! I asked Leon to cut into the band underneath the center stone to make room for the larger head/stone. I also asked for a small donut at the base of the head so that the rings didn't sit tightly flush. It creates the smallest gap so that the rings do have a bit of separation and the larger stone doesn't overhang the band. I figured he would tell me it wouldn't work but he liked the idea and he made it work. Such a win-win!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, 2.5 carats is such a great size, and a G, VS1! :love:

Thanks - I really never envisioned owning a 2.5 carat diamond but I do love the size! I don't think I'll ever want to upgrade the size though - especially in the three stone setting.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh- those voluptuous curves- dear Lord! Love these pics and your ring- swoon!!!! It is perfection !!!! You must be so happy!

Thank you so much - I really do love it!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @MissGotRocks... The most beautiful rock in the most perfectly-adjusted setting :kiss2:

Your profile comparisons on Pg2 of this thread tell a story that would take more than a thousand words to convey, I think. WF did marvellous work, and the slightly exaggerated center-to-side ratio looks right at home on your finger :cool2: And I have to say, I fall for that "centerstone covers most of the band next to it" look of your last addition every time :love: Your set is IMO simply the epitome of classic three-stone.

I *so* wish I'd been there to see you choose your stone!!! I very much hope to meet you and your baubles one of these days ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @MissGotRocks... The most beautiful rock in the most perfectly-adjusted setting :kiss2:

Your profile comparisons on Pg2 of this thread tell a story that would take more than a thousand words to convey, I think. WF did marvellous work, and the slightly exaggerated center-to-side ratio looks right at home on your finger :cool2: And I have to say, I fall for that "centerstone covers most of the band next to it" look of your last addition every time :love: Your set is IMO simply the epitome of classic three-stone.

I *so* wish I'd been there to see you choose your stone!!! I very much hope to meet you and your baubles one of these days ::)

Oh, Yssie, thank you for your comments! Keeping the three stone intact yet keeping it visually pleasing was a challenge I thought. I was prepared to go back to a solitaire setting if it didn't turn out well although hubby and I both hoped that the three stone would work. Leon not only made it work but this rendition is more pleasing than what I originally had and I marvel at his workmanship on the ring! Providing that donut to keep the rings a bit more separate AND keeping the stone from overhanging the band was another challenge that he seemingly met with ease. I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.

I truly missed the opportunity to have met you and would have loved to have heard your thoughts on the stone. However, family is always first and foremost and I certainly understand that. I too hope that our paths will cross one day. I have always admired your eye for detail and would love to see your collection as well!! A cyber hug will do for now though!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2E9A4B20-16C9-4829-8A42-5B2B97D19C50.jpeg 4407BAD3-B957-4453-AEA6-7880436A824E.jpeg 500CBF97-7907-43C6-83BF-A4FBD696EA63.jpeg 8F1D26AF-625A-4C41-8527-948A2C0EE73B.jpeg Some more pics!

MGR I have always admired your 3 stone. The size difference is massive!!! Amazing what a few mm can do. :))
The upgrade is gorgeous and your side diamonds look like perfect accent stones Awesome finger real estate! Congrats and enjoy your bling-tastic-ness!!:love::dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!! I have also enjoyed Reading the story behind it. Thank you for sharing your enthousiasm and pics!!! It’s the perfect 3-stone ring

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR I have always admired your 3 stone. The size difference is massive!!! Amazing what a few mm can do. :))
The upgrade is gorgeous and your side diamonds look like perfect accent stones Awesome finger real estate! Congrats and enjoy your bling-tastic-ness!!:love::dance:

Thank you! This setting has housed a 2.0, a 2.22, a 2.19 and now a 2.53 stone. I have loved them all but really like the size of this stone with the side stones. Guess I'm not much on wasting a setting - lol!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!! I have also enjoyed Reading the story behind it. Thank you for sharing your enthousiasm and pics!!! It’s the perfect 3-stone ring

Thank you so much! It was a fun journey to be sure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results