shape
carat
color
clarity

How a PS/WF GTG created the perfect diamond storm. . .

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous, MissGotRocks!! Stone and setting -- perfection!

So funny -- I was working online with Vera for a stretch on a diamond bangle. She's such a great communicator, quick to reply, but she got back to me at one point apologizing for taking a little longer (not that I felt that was the case), and said she'd had a lovely bunch of ladies in the store that day and so had been away from email for a bit. I was sure it had to be a PS group, and it was! Lovely ladies supporting your new diamond purchase! Such fun! :love:

It was loads of fun and I strongly encourage any one to attend one of these get togethers. Talking to folks that have the same love that we do is just like going to diamond nirvana!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay she’s perfect! I feel like that was a relatively short wait - and it’s fabulous

You ladies and your three stones really ruined me. And yours is particularly great.

Thanks Niel! It was so good to meet you and your husband. You are the queen of finding gorgeous stones at great prices. I am sure you could do a fabulous three stone if given enough time to find the side stones. I am always anxious to see your next find!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! MGR, it is fabulous!!!!!!!!! Not a bit too big. Beautiful color, setting. It's perfect! !!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! MGR, it is fabulous!!!!!!!!! Not a bit too big. Beautiful color, setting. It's perfect! !!!

It was a pleasure meeting you and spending some time with you. Your ring is fabulous too and your bands are just to die for. If I lived as close to WF as you do, I'd probably be a pest to them - ha!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesssssss!!!!! :love:I've been dying to see this and while I already knew it would be fabulous, it still blew me away when I saw the pics!! It was such a pleasure to meet you and go through this journey with you, so to speak. You knew I was firmly in the camp of 'Go for it!' and 'You'll get used to size quickly' especially when they reassured you they could use your setting - this stone definitely spoke to me over your other one and I'm now so happy you feel completely happy with your decision! Loveeee loveeee and can't wait to see more pics! Please post them soon! :kiss2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular MGR! I love the proportions with the side stones even more now. It really makes that gorgeous diamond the star! What a fantastic upgrade.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohhh yay!! It’s just as fabulous as we knew it would be!!! The size and proportions are perfect and it looks amazing on your hand!!! I know it was stressful (somehow, it always is!), but I definitely think you picked the right stone!! Congrats!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so beautiful! I love it!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have missed SO much LOL. MGR your stone is an absolute dream and the convergence of PSers at WF to view it with you....how incredibly fun!!! Those specs too :love:. The ring is perfect, they did an awesome job on tailoring it to your new large and in charge stone and your sweet side stones :P2. What a dream ring MGR!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, MGR! I also love the different proportions now, between your center and your sides.

Lovely!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR
what was the diameter difference b/t your last stone and this new one?. Luckily WF was able to fit this new stone to into your old setting.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesssssss!!!!! :love:I've been dying to see this and while I already knew it would be fabulous, it still blew me away when I saw the pics!! It was such a pleasure to meet you and go through this journey with you, so to speak. You knew I was firmly in the camp of 'Go for it!' and 'You'll get used to size quickly' especially when they reassured you they could use your setting - this stone definitely spoke to me over your other one and I'm now so happy you feel completely happy with your decision! Loveeee loveeee and can't wait to see more pics! Please post them soon! :kiss2:

Oh, thank you! How could I have done this without you? You were so helpful and meeting you was an absolute delight. You have such a spirit for life and I thank you so much for your support. If it ever stops raining, I will get more pics!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular MGR! I love the proportions with the side stones even more now. It really makes that gorgeous diamond the star! What a fantastic upgrade.

Thanks - I love the proportions so much more now too. I feel like the center stone has more definition - helped both by the size and that little magical donut that separates the rings ever so slightly. Definitely a win-win and I thank you for your kind words!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have missed SO much LOL. MGR your stone is an absolute dream and the convergence of PSers at WF to view it with you....how incredibly fun!!! Those specs too :love:. The ring is perfect, they did an awesome job on tailoring it to your new large and in charge stone and your sweet side stones :P2. What a dream ring MGR!!!!

Thanks JDDN! The get together was so much fun and having those great ladies to help me decide was just the bomb. Leon at WF did a fabulous job in making this stone fit this setting - I am always amazed by great talent!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning, MGR! I also love the different proportions now, between your center and your sides.

Thanks Mrs-B! So glad you like it. I really do like the larger center with these side stones. It truly stands out now and I love the look!!

Lovely!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR
what was the diameter difference b/t your last stone and this new one?. Luckily WF was able to fit this new stone to into your old setting.

DF, the 2.19 was 8.35 x 8.38 and this new stone is 8.76 x 8.80. According to the diamond comparison website, it was an 11% increase in diameter. In some ways it seems like more but there is of course more girth with this stone as the weight is spread throughout the entire stone and not just the surface. Because this was a flush fit setting, the band of this ring went all the way around. I'll attach a picture of the old and new. My thought was to cut a small portion out of the band underneath the center stone to be able to fit a new head for the center stone. He added a small donut to the base of the head so that my wedding band didn't sit flush against it. I figured they would laugh and say that wasn't possible but Leon at WF made it happen. I actually like the profile of the ring better now than before. Very pleased! side view.jpg newsideview.jpg New side view taken on Becca's hand at WF! You can see that the side stones are up a bit higher and set at a different angle too. Much better!

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story. Talk about a sense of community! That's why I love PS. :kiss2:

I'm loving your upgrade. The side stones look perfect with the new center. I really love it. Please post more pics. I'm dying to see more.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story. Talk about a sense of community! That's why I love PS. :kiss2:

I'm loving your upgrade. The side stones look perfect with the new center. I really love it. Please post more pics. I'm dying to see more.

It is a great community to be a part of - you meet people that you 'know' but don't 'know' in person. In five minutes you feel like you've known them your whole life! It's as though you speak a foreign language that most don't understand but they ALL get it right away. Just a fabulous feeling!

Thank you so much - I promise more pictures real soon. I am thrilled with it!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Excellent taste! I love it!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning MGR!!! I’m so pleased they were able to make your setting work with your fabulous new stone. What a knockout!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you. So happy. Your ring is stupendous. :appl::kiss2::appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, I loved reading through your story and your new diamond is gorgeous plus it looks fabulous in your setting. Congratulations!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You had a REALLY great trip to Texas! Congratulations :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh yay!! It’s just as fabulous as we knew it would be!!! The size and proportions are perfect and it looks amazing on your hand!!! I know it was stressful (somehow, it always is!), but I definitely think you picked the right stone!! Congrats!!

Thanks Yennie! So glad I got to meet you too and thanks for your love and support!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, I loved reading through your story and your new diamond is gorgeous plus it looks fabulous in your setting. Congratulations!

Thanks Marcy - you know how these ACA stones pull at the heart strings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results