shape
carat
color
clarity

How a PS/WF GTG created the perfect diamond storm. . .

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a Cinderella story! I had been looking for about a year to upgrade my ACA 2.19 stone to something just a smidge larger. I loved my stone but found myself wanting something just a bit larger. I had been looking at diamonds on WF for a year or more - looking in the 2.35 or so range. My sweet consultant, Becca, said that it wasn't a big enough upgrade to make a difference. My husband, who always encourages something bigger so you can see something for your money, agreed. I was hesitant. Lo and behold, this 2.53, G, VS1 stone was coming into WF. The stone went live and while interested, I was still skeptical about the size. As luck would have it, I was going to the PS/WF get together in about a week. I decided I would just wait and see it for myself. After a few days, I decided I had better reserve the stone - just in case it sold - you understand!

So I flew into Houston on a Thursday and met up with several PSers for dinner. What a warm, wonderful, fun evening we had! So much fun to swap jewelry around and get to know each other in real life a bit. It was like being able to reach into the computer screen that we all look at every day and touch these members - a truly priceless experience!

There was a breakfast scheduled for Friday morning before the AGS presentation and visit to WF. I had an appointment scheduled there before the presentation to view this stone so I had to skip the breakfast. I was first met by Vera - and for those of you have dealt with her - she is just as warm and friendly in person as she is online. What an asset to that company she is! Then I finally met Becca - after all the email conversations we had shared. I was finally looking at the stone in real time and while it was beautiful, I was still uncertain about the size. I poked my head around the corner as the others were arriving in the reception area and motioned for someone to come look. Suddenly, I had 10-12 seasoned PSers with me to give their opinions! How wonderful is that? When would you ever get to see a stone in real life and have all of these wonderful ladies to bounce it off of? It really was the perfect storm! They collectively liked the stone and assured me it wouldn't be too big. AC117 took pictures for me and I trusted her young eyes even more than my own. Making these kinds of decisions is always so nerve wracking for me but they made it so much easier. Pictures sent to my husband who really liked it too and it was a done deal! I was able to talk to Leon about reusing my three stone setting. My husband and I both liked the setting and while I considered going back to a solitaire I wasn't sold on the idea. I did not want to have to make a decision about another setting at that point either - I was already on overload! I told him my idea which was to cut out the band a bit underneath where the baskets sit, insert a new head for the center stone there creating a small donut so that my rings would not set completely flush. I wanted a bit of separation between the ering and the band and he liked the idea and thought it would work. For all of my angst about the whole thing, this deal was moving quickly and working out well - like a dream come true!

The hardest part was waiting for the arrival of my new ring. Your mind tends to wander and you can think up the most awful of outcomes. However, I need not have worried. Turns out Becca, my husband and my diamond friends were all correct - the stone was not too big. It is bigger of course but really gives the look that I was hoping for!**edited, no marked photos allowed in SMTB** 253&band.JPG

Pro pictures and quick snap I took today - I just haven't had time to take more pictures. I will work on this though and add as they become available. Many, many thanks to all my PS diamond buddies who helped me think this through and make a decision. I love you all and if I can ever return the favor, you know where to find me!

Lastly, a huge shout out to the entirety of Whiteflash for making this possible. Their friendship has certainly left a lasting impression on me. Saying thank you just doesn't seem to be enough to let them know how much I appreciated and enjoyed the weekend, meeting my new/old friends and their hospitality. PS was a gracious host as well and meeting Andrey and his wife was icing on the cake. Color me grateful!

Attachments

• 2.53 - 1.jpg
    2.53 - 1.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 638
  • 2.53 - 2.jpg
    2.53 - 2.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 615
Last edited by a moderator:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Well that is just simply perfect and beautiful.

What a heartwarming story!!!

I love your ring and what a special and especially gorgeous diamond!

Congratulations on your beautiful diamond!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Wow! I have a great memory and it’s all coming back to me now. Is that why you asked me if I could notice the size upgrade even though I only went up from a 2.20 to a 2.52? Of course it is!
So now that you have it, can you appreciate the size difference?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow!!!! :love::love::love: I could just cry missing the whole get-together plus missing your upgrade saga!!!!

That is magnificent! What an outstanding job WF did remaking your ring! I actually love the proportions of the larger center with the smaller sides! Tell me the mm of the center and sides again, please. I keep thinking about doing sides on my ring! Your whole set is just perfection now!:appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, it is beautiful! Congratulations and I loved reading the story! A upgrade to over 2.50 is just perfect in my opinion. When I upgraded, like you, I thought I wanted just over 2.-maybe 2.30 and I ended up with a diamond Brian Gavin found at 2.57 and couldn't be happier. I hope you end up feeling the same way. My first upgrade diamond was 1.70 so when I opened the box, I was like:love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Wow! I have a great memory and it’s all coming back to me now. Is that why you asked me if I could notice the size upgrade even though I only went up from a 2.20 to a 2.52? Of course it is!
So now that you have it, can you appreciate the size difference?

Yes, because I was trying to decide if I should consider going to a 2.50 size stone. I just wasn't interested in going into the details at that point because I was so torn. It would have been going from basically what you had to what you had traded up to. I just wondered if you thought the size difference was appreciable or not. I had not made up my mind at that time and your trade was a great example for me. I do indeed see the size difference and I love it! So glad I decided to go bigger than I originally considered.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow!!!! :love::love::love: I could just cry missing the whole get-together plus missing your upgrade saga!!!!

That is magnificent! What an outstanding job WF did remaking your ring! I actually love the proportions of the larger center with the smaller sides! Tell me the mm of the center and sides again, please. I keep thinking about doing sides on my ring! Your whole set is just perfection now!:appl:

Oh, DS, you were sorely missed at the GTG but we couldn't go on and on about it because we knew you had to attend your daughter's graduation. Between the two, there was no other choice for you but we did indeed miss you.

The 2.19 stone was 8.35 x 8.38. My former stone was 8.46 x 8.49. Initially, I didn't really see the size difference but as time went on, I missed it - as small as it was. I honestly thought if I got back to the size of my former stone, I'd be happy. I am so glad that I took everyone's advice and went for the 2.53 stone. It is decadent but I do love the proportions. I had also wanted a gap between the two rings for a long time so that the center stone didn't blend into the band. Leon made that possible!

The new stone measures 8.76 x 8.80 and I honestly don't know the measurements of the side stones. They are .33 each and really look more like accents with this stone than they did with the former. Only diamond enthusiasts understand the small nuances that take something from good to great - lol!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, it is beautiful! Congratulations and I loved reading the story! A upgrade to over 2.50 is just perfect in my opinion. When I upgraded, like you, I thought I wanted just over 2.-maybe 2.30 and I ended up with a diamond Brian Gavin found at 2.57 and couldn't be happier. I hope you end up feeling the same way. My first upgrade diamond was 1.70 so when I opened the box, I was like:love:

Thanks - I really love this 2.53 stone! I ran home at lunchtime to open this package with my husband and had the same reaction when I opened the ring box. By the time I got home though I was totally comfortable with it!! Funny how quickly the eyes adjust!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is just simply perfect and beautiful.

What a heartwarming story!!!

I love your ring and what a special and especially gorgeous diamond!

Congratulations on your beautiful diamond!

Thanks - it was all such a wonderful experience and will be treasured forever!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful experience and your new diamond is amazing!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous new stone for a beautiful lady! Congratulations MGR!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely thought it was a beauty. If you ever get the itch to upgrade again, I'll go to Whiteflash with my running shoes and swallow the diamond for you!:lol:
"Just swallow it!":whistle:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect for you @MissGotRocks I am so happy for you. The stone is amazing and you wear it so well. Congratulations and enjoy it every second. :love::love::love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations MGR, it is gorgeous! :love: :love::love:

The G-VS1 is delicious too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR
Congrats, beautiful ring! :love:. Can I have it? . The stone would look much better on my finger than yours. :devil:. A G VS1 H&A stone is my sweet spot!. :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, beautiful! The perfect size on you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful. :love: Congratulations @MissGotRocks and enjoy your gorgeous new ring.:appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully!:appl::love:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MGR - that's a stunner for sure! I have been almost a eager to see your new ring as you have! :cheeky: At the next GTG can we get you to upgrade to 3.53?! :devil:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely thought it was a beauty. If you ever get the itch to upgrade again, I'll go to Whiteflash with my running shoes and swallow the diamond for you!:lol:
"Just swallow it!":whistle:[/QUOT

Pinto, I feel pretty certain that this is it in terms of upgrades but if you are ever going to swallow a diamond, I want to be there!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations MGR, it is gorgeous! :love: :love::love:

The G-VS1 is delicious too.

Thanks cflutist - I love the color/clarity combo and having a three stone ring. Yours is beautiful as well!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MGR - that's a stunner for sure! I have been almost a eager to see your new ring as you have! :cheeky: At the next GTG can we get you to upgrade to 3.53?! :devil:

Thanks DeeJay! I think I am done with the upgrades but would be happy to facilitate someone else!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR
Congrats, beautiful ring! :love:. Can I have it? . The stone would look much better on my finger than yours. :devil:. A G VS1 H&A stone is my sweet spot!. :love:

You sold your Octavia so you now have money to buy one for yourself! Hope you get it soon so we can all drool over yours!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MGR

Wait a minute, it's my sweet spot and I think it would look better on MINE!!!:bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks it’s stunning! I’m so happy that it worked out to keep your current setting. It was meant to be yours and it looks perfect on you!
Enjoy it!!! I’m also very glad we got to meet =)2

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay she’s perfect! I feel like that was a relatively short wait - and it’s fabulous

You ladies and your three stones really ruined me. And yours is particularly great.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous, MissGotRocks!! Stone and setting -- perfection!

So funny -- I was working online with Vera for a stretch on a diamond bangle. She's such a great communicator, quick to reply, but she got back to me at one point apologizing for taking a little longer (not that I felt that was the case), and said she'd had a lovely bunch of ladies in the store that day and so had been away from email for a bit. I was sure it had to be a PS group, and it was! Lovely ladies supporting your new diamond purchase! Such fun! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MissGotRocks it’s stunning! I’m so happy that it worked out to keep your current setting. It was meant to be yours and it looks perfect on you!
Enjoy it!!! I’m also very glad we got to meet =)2

Thank you BrightIce! You are a very special lady and I enjoyed meeting you as well. Thanks for the encouragement - you did know what you were talking about. The diamond is gorgeous and not too big after all - lol! Your jewels are beautiful and I am so glad I got to see them all in person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results