shape
carat
color
clarity

Full National Lockdown in the UK. Again.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breakfast is magical here:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad i made you chuckle!

And do let us know how you get on tomorrow. I'm very jealous - the news here is frightening. This is so out of control now.

Indeed very worrying, stay safe everyone!

DK :confused2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to be the Debbie downer
but what's happening in London ?
i missed the news

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
Boris is winding me up re education.

I mean, make a ****ing decision and stick to it.

He seems to back track every. single. day.

OH is a secondary school science teacher, and he is so angry. As far as we're concerned, exams should have been cancelled back in September. And the curriculum should have been pared back. But no. It's still wishy-washy shite. And private schools have a HUGE advantage over state schools, as it stands, and we are dreading the summer exam results.

Sorry to moan. It is just SO frustrating and upsetting.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be the Debbie downer
but what's happening in London ?
i missed the news

London & surrounding areas are in a bad way & the hospitals have declared major emergencies. The majority of infections are occurring down there now, due to the super spreading strain. It's all just awful.

Yesterday the UK recorded 1,300 deaths from Covid. IN ONE DAY.

This is the highest daily death toll in this country & more than when we hit the peak last April. It scares me more this time.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
London & surrounding areas are in a bad way & the hospitals have declared major emergencies. The majority of infections are occurring down there now, due to the super spreading strain. It's all just awful.

This is the highest daily death toll in this country & more than when we hit the peak last April. It scares me more this time.

Oh this is dreadful
I did make sure i saw all the news tonight
please take care UL peeps
Stay home
Take care of each other

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am holding BoJo & the UK government completely responsible for this surge.

"Go ahead & enjoy Christmas. Be sensible, but you deserve to have a good time & see your families...."

I am so very thankful that as a large family, we decided to stay apart. It was emotionally tough & somewhat different, but we are so used to it being the 4 of us tucked up at home now, so we went all out & WAY overboard with gifts & games & food & had a really good time.

And right now, typing this, I have never been more thankful. My 77 year old mum & my 75 year old MIL were protected from extra risks.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, we came out of the second lockdown way too soon for the sake of the Christmas spending sprees to boost our economy; and allowing mixing indoors even at reduced numbers just for one frigging day was a huge mistake; and now we are suffering from the consequences.

All those who said "you can't cancel Christmas!" can shut the f**k up as far as I am concerned!

DK :roll2:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yep, London is a scary place to be right now. Paper is suggesting 1 in 30 Londoners currently have Covid, rising to 1 in 20 in some boroughs. The hospitals are already overwhelmed with the pre-Xmas infections, so god only knows what this will look like in three weeks.

I agree the government should have managed the last lockdown and Christmas completely differently, but it’s also the fault of the selfish ******s who have no common sense. Just because something isn’t illegal doesn’t mean you have to do it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, London is a scary place to be right now. Paper is suggesting 1 in 30 Londoners currently have Covid, rising to 1 in 20 in some boroughs. The hospitals are already overwhelmed with the pre-Xmas infections, so god only knows what this will look like in three weeks.

I agree the government should have managed the last lockdown and Christmas completely differently, but it’s also the fault of the selfish ******s who have no common sense. Just because something isn’t illegal doesn’t mean you have to do it.

Well said.

Stay safe down there, sweet.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the vaccine was fine - just a tiny little jab - 0.3ml. Barely noticed it go in.

Pretty sure no 5G microchips were implanted at the time <side eyes conspiracy theorists> :lol:

Glad it went well & you're feeling good. And that Bill Gates hasn't infiltrated your brain - that's always a bonus!

Hopefully you'll get your second dose in less than 12 weeks :roll:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it's going to be about 10 weeks as things stand. I edited my post as I didn't realise how controversial the gap is until I saw the other thread about vaccines here. Oh well. Not much choice! I'm grateful to have one at least.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI re dosing schedules.

"The available data continue to support the use of two specified doses of each authorized vaccine at specified intervals. For the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, the interval is 21 days between the first and second dose. And for the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, the interval is 28 days between the first and second dose. "

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just received an e-mail from National Express, UK's nationwide coach/bus operator, has announced the suspension of its entire network from 23:59 on Sunday 10 Jan 2021 until 01 Mar 2021 provisionally.

I vaguely remember they operated a reduced service during the first lockdown, and the suspension of their entire network is alarming to say the least!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG!! I talk to my family in London but they're not giving me the worst news. What I know is usually what I read on the news.

Please stay safe, @Alex T and all my fellow Brits. My heart goes out to you.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
@missy yep that looks quite clear from Pfizer / BioNTech re: spacing. But I think the UK government is kinda making things up as they go along, evidence be damned, and there's not a lot any of us can do about it :errrr:

I am distracting myself by messing around with my extremely belated 10 year anniversary ring, and yes I am shamelessly asking you all to come over and help me make a final decision between my final two choices (see my last post): https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/any-thoughts-on-this-emerald-cut.262480/page-2 :devil:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From this article in the BMJ it sounds like delaying the second dose is more likely to be a good thing where the Oxford vaccine is being used than for the other 2 vaccines.

I have to say, with the huge caveat that I don’t know enough to comment and shouldn’t really be (!), that their logic about vaccine shortages makes sense to me in the face of the Covid numbers we’re currently seeing. This is the NHS we’re talking about and is publicly funded - to me, that translates into a responsibility to protect as many people as possible, as much as possible. In the absence of any scientific info on the rna vaccine dose spacing and given that and anecdotal evidence about the Kent strain is suggesting that younger & healthier people are being hospitalised with this variant (rendering prioritisation tiers based on age and general health less useful), I think they’ve made the best decision given the remit of the NHS: partial protection for the masses, rather than absolute protection for the few. The gamble is whether that statement holds true for the rna vaccines, but we’re in such a sticky situation and gambles almost seem necessary.

Huge red flag on the part about potentially increasing mutations though...

(Who am I kidding? The government seem to have as much clue as Joe Blogs about how to deal with this and what the scientific information informs. Fingers crossed...)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With regard to the dosage interval, if there is no health disadvantage in lengthening the dosage interval between the first and second dose, then I do not have an issue with the government's approach in stretching the dosage interval to the stated maximum for each of the approved vaccine as approved by MHRA, in order to provide (a) more time to procure more vaccines and (b) to inoculate more vulnerable people with their first doses with the available number of doses to hand.

Personal opinion and all that.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just received an e-mail from National Express, UK's nationwide coach/bus operator, has announced the suspension of its entire network from 23:59 on Sunday 10 Jan 2021 until 01 Mar 2021 provisionally.

I vaguely remember they operated a reduced service during the first lockdown, and the suspension of their entire network is alarming to say the least!

Will the drivers still get paid ?
Is there some govt covid allowance for workers who cant work ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will the drivers still get paid ?
Is there some govt covid allowance for workers who cant work ?

No idea if they are paid per trip or per delivery or take a salary regardless of the number of trips/deliveries they make.

Yes there is a furlough scheme in place for the lockdowns.

I have not paid much notice to the details as Covid-19 has had minimal impact to my job and earning, and am one of the lucky ones, as I have friends in the hospitality and entertainment sectors that are greatly affected by the lockdowns and restrictions. :confused2:

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There had been numerous reports in the news as well as social media with regard to the police allegedly being heavy-handed with Covid-19 rules/restrictions breakers, in particularly driving a few miles to exercise etc...

The longer one spends on the road the risk of having an accident increases, especially this time of the year with cold and icy weather.

An accident will add strain to the already stretched emergency services.

Therefore, it should not be difficult to understand why one should stay at home and should not go out unnecessarily.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There had been numerous reports in the news as well as social media with regard to the police allegedly being heavy-handed with Covid-19 rules/restrictions breakers, in particularly driving a few miles to exercise etc...

The longer one spends on the road the risk of having an accident increases, especially this time of the year with cold and icy weather.

An accident will add strain to the already stretched emergency services.

Therefore, it should not be difficult to understand why one should stay at home and should not go out unnecessarily.

I agree. Those women deserve their fines for driving out of area to take a walk, as does the shady pub who had customers locked inside for a boozy night. Last time people were reluctant to shop people breaking the rules because they felt it was petty, but I'm glad people are reporting the rule breakers this time.

We are all fatigued & the number of people dying is off the scale due to irresponsible people & rule breakers.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. Those women deserve their fines for driving out of area to take a walk, as does the shady pub who had customers locked inside for a boozy night. Last time people were reluctant to shop people breaking the rules because they felt it was petty, but I'm glad people are reporting the rule breakers this time.

We are all fatigued & the number of people dying is off the scale due to irresponsible people & rule breakers.

A friend who would take his motorbike to go riding a certain distance away with one of his friends during the first lockdown as his once a day "exercise" has continued to do so during the second and third lockdown.

I have ignored his posts on FB, and may even snooze or unfollow him soon, as it makes me angry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results