shape
carat
color
clarity

Full National Lockdown in the UK. Again.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
My 40th was in lockdown and it was CRAP. My son had a temperature so we all self-isolated waiting for a covid test. I'd planned to meet my mother in a McDonald's car park and get a present off her.

Nobody (apart from people doing work) has been in our house. I think I've seem my mother 3 times- always a good 2m apart and outside.

I shielded for 4 months last year and am shielding again.

Looking at this lockdown I feel that it isnt strict enough. So many kids still in school (I know people arguing they are key workers when they are totally stretching it, or are working from home), so many services still open, queues for takeaway shops. Its too little too late.

I am joining you all in Paris and will be eating Paris-Brest, steak frites and drinking any booze going.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One person allegedly refused the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine when offered, as he/she would rather wait for the "English" one!

DK :wall::wall::wall:

WTF ??
If its one thing this pandemic has highlighted it is the presence of xenophobia

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 40th was in lockdown and it was CRAP. My son had a temperature so we all self-isolated waiting for a covid test. I'd planned to meet my mother in a McDonald's car park and get a present off her.

Nobody (apart from people doing work) has been in our house. I think I've seem my mother 3 times- always a good 2m apart and outside.

Looking at this lockdown I feel that it isnt strict enough. So many kids still in school (I know people arguing they are key workers when they are totally stretching it, or are working from home), so many services still open, queues for takeaway shops. Its too little too late.

I am joining you all in Paris and will be eating Paris-Brest, steak frites and drinking any booze going.

For an Island I'm dismayed that first UK lock down wasn't strict enough
Here, no one got the flu or hardly even a cold last year
Sales of cold and flu medicine was way down
Hand washing etc certainly helps but viruses come in from overseas

Taiwan is a great example of how an island with a large population can stay safe
In fact they have impressed me so much durring this pandemic once when we have overseas flights again i might just go have a look see

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For an Island I'm dismayed that first UK lock down wasn't strict enough
Here, no one got the flu or hardly even a cold last year
Sales of cold and flu medicine was way down
Hand washing etc certainly helps but viruses come in from overseas

Taiwan is a great example of how an island with a large population can stay safe
In fact they have impressed me so much durring this pandemic once when we have overseas flights again i might just go have a look see

I was born and originated from Hong Kong, a former British colony, and those in power insisted for its citizens to have identity cards. I had one when I was old enough to have one since I was about 11yo.

To this day, UK does not have ID cards for whatever reasons. :roll2:

That is just one example of what is wrong with UK for a start.

Personal opinion and all that, and I shall stop here or I will get very angry!

DK :roll2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was born and originated from Hong Kong, a former British colony, and those in power insisted for its citizens to have identity cards. I had one when I was old enough to have one since I was about 11yo.

To this day, UK does not have ID cards for whatever reasons. :roll2:

That is just one example of what is wrong with UK for a start.

Personal opinion and all that, and I shall stop here or I will get very angry!

DK :roll2:

We don't have them

but i see your point

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nah, it is most likely to the EC Aqua with step cut Morganite traps from Jeff W as a 3-stone ring, as I have wanted to set that Aqua since I had it in 2016!

DK :))

Sounds lovelly

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry @SapphireLover !

I CAN comfort you though: I know the original bakery where the Paris Brest was invented (it's tdf), the best place for steak frites and the wine generally decent here!!!

Something to look forward to!!
Hugs!!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry @SapphireLover !

I CAN comfort you though: I know the original bakery where the Paris Brest was invented (it's tdf), the best place for steak frites and the wine generally decent here!!!

Something to look forward to!!
Hugs!!

Although stupid Brexit means we can only bring back 21 bottles. We normally go to France every year and bring far more back than that!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh perfect, sounds like we have a solid plan & something to look forward to!!!!

I would like to join in the fun too please, as I LOVE Paris!!!

I have an idea where we could meet that is worthy of our combined blings!

DK :lol-2:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to join in the fun too please, as I LOVE Paris!!!

I have an idea where we could meet that is worthy of our combined blings!

Perfect!!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Only one Michelin star? Let’s go for ⭐⭐⭐

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only one Michelin star? Let’s go for ⭐⭐⭐

Yes, however, have you seen their bar?

Not many 3-star restaurants have bars that grand unless they are located inside a grand hotel, based on my own experience.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But will they tolerate my table dancing?? :think: :lol:

I have not seen the prices for their cocktails, however, if they are anywhere near what they charge at the American Bar at the Savoy, then I can't afford to get drunk in there!

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too flipping right they will! Heels, push up bra & everything!!

Yasss!!

(But bring comfortable shoes, place Vendôme is really only a 15 min walk)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results