shape
carat
color
clarity

Full National Lockdown in the UK. Again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thing is
everyone is entitled to a few kooky ideas so long as they don't harm other people
but its kinda like politics
Sometimes a friendship is worth more than an argument
Sometimes being kind is more important than being right
(Personally i feel politically its always me being the kind one when i know Im right ! ;)2 )
But once someone starts advocating behavour that endangers the life of other peoole - especially on mass like in a global pandemic -its not on

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lifted from a post in the FB lockdown pub group that I helped to set up for the pub I frequent.

20210105_215833.jpg

DK :roll2:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder why the Covid hoaxers think only THAT virus is a hoax. Since the seasonal flu and the common cold are also coronaviruses, aren't they hoaxes too? And what about AIDS? Also a virus. Why is THIS virus a hoax and not others?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs-b: Sending you lots of good wishes and healing dust!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once met a man whom I thought was very attractive, until it transpired that he believed in Bigfoot - and spent his time tracking the creature. :eek-2: :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I once met a man who I thought was very attractive, until it transpired that he believed in Bigfoot - and spent his time tracking the creature. :eek-2: :lol:

See
so long as it doesn't eat into his jewlwry gift buying budget im fine with that :lol:

Way down south we have peeps who hunt out moose and otters that no one has seen for 100 years ???

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like they're wasting their time, then!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once met a man whom I thought was very attractive, until it transpired that he believed in Bigfoot - and spent his time tracking the creature. :eek-2: :lol:

That's not bad actually!!! Better to hunt big foot than the poor animals in Africa!

I think it would be wonderful if everyone who had the inclination to hunt went out and spent their lives looking for Bigfoot or the Yetti!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's not bad actually!!! Better to hunt big foot than the poor animals in Africa!

I think it would be wonderful if everyone who had the inclination to hunt went out and spent their lives looking for Bigfoot or the Yetti!

This is a nice movie if the kids didn't see it a couple years back- its on Netflix here
220px-Smallfoot_(film).png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you get some sort of documentation when you get the vaccine ?
i mean when we open our boarders the vacine will most likely be a condition of entry?

I know Samoa is a much smaller island than the UK but two years ago when they had the measles epidemic (due to a significant amount of people and young children not being vaccinated due to scare mongering) the health authorities went door to door to vaccinate the population

To Samoa's credit they certainly learnt their lesson, and are doing absolutely everything to keep their people safe from covid

Its just we have an army camp and an air force base nearby
At least use their medics to help in the vacinations
(When it finally gets here)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @Alex T I think FB attracts so many nutcases, I had a run in with someone yesterday (yes, I know, I should just walk away), but when people start saying things like it’s all the fault of the Govt because BJ didn’t sack Cummings, I’m afraid I can’t just say nothing. I pointed out that this is down to personal responsibility, we are being asked to comply with restrictions to keep us safe, and those who don’t because someone else didn’t, wouldn’t comply whatever the circumstances, so stop trying to blame other people. Most of us are and have been complying, we saw the same things but it didn’t mean we all said, ok, if they didn’t comply then I won’t.

I really don’t understand how people still think this is a coax, why would any Govt want to wreck their economies, what do they get out of it? I’m horrified to hear of that man, in a responsible position spouting such c**p. I wonder if he’ll actively try and influence his staff not to get vaccinated?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a nice movie if the kids didn't see it a couple years back- its on Netflix here
220px-Smallfoot_(film).png

OMG I went and search all over Netflix for "Little Foot"

I didn't check your post because I was sure it was "Little Foot"

I was sooo upset when I couldn't find it!

Haha I have finally found it under the collect name! Will watch it with the kid as we are on holidays (at home! Not away!)!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Fellow English person here. I really struggle with how effective this lock down is going to be. I live in a village which is quite popular with day trippers, who like to come walking up here. We now have three coffee shops on our high street, and we can get hoards of people, with queues of 20+ outside for takeout coffee, majority not wearing masks and definitely not 2m apart. I saw about 50 adults drinking coffees and chatting in the car park. Whilst I want my local businesses to succeed, and of course outside transmission rates are lower than inside, I can't help but wonder how effective it will be.

I am really struggling with one friend. I have basically cut off contact with her- she has become an antivaxxer, thinks it does exist but has been exaggerated and figures are lies and its all by government and MSM to hide child abuse. She posts lists of ingredients in vaccines that are nonsense- for example, pig gelatine when her kids mainline Haribo. And when I've tried to discuss it with her she looks at me and tells me she is a solicitor and can do her own research.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi SapphireLover, what's MSM?

Thanks!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T. and SapphireLover: I have a question. I've been reading about Tier 5 and the new UK lockdown in the press. But I'm unclear about what the difference is between Tier 5 and the big lockdown you had in March. (I think it was March.) Is this one more restrictive than the first big lockdown, or less?

And also, what's the difference between Tier 4 and 5? It seemed like Tier 4 was pretty restrictive.

Thanks!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
This is wonderful news all things considered. I’m in Canada and the plan is to open schools on Monday. I hope they don’t as they also plan to bring patients to the first tent hospital in Burlington.

Schools shouldn’t be open when we’re resorting to tent hospitals.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
@Jambalaya MSM= main stream media.

They arent calling this a tier 5, really. In March EVERYTHING shut, no takeout, building sites, opticians, everything. This time there are more and more things allowed to open. As far as I can see this lockdown just seems to be like Tier 4 but with schools and playgrounds shut and extremely clinically vulnerable told to "shield" again, so not even allowed to shops for food.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, SapphireLover!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya MSM= main stream media.

They arent calling this a tier 5, really. In March EVERYTHING shut, no takeout, building sites, opticians, everything. This time there are more and more things allowed to open. As far as I can see this lockdown just seems to be like Tier 4 but with schools and playgrounds shut and extremely clinically vulnerable told to "shield" again, so not even allowed to shops for food.
I was just about to type all of this, so you've saved me the job!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I refrained from commenting on Covid-19 related posts amongst other topics in FB and other social media since a small incident back in mid December when a friend argued about whether cinemas should be opened and why they are high risk, after I mentioned I felt safe going to see WW84 mid week in the afternoon when there were only about 8 people in the entire auditorium that could accommodate over 300 people!!!

I stopped commenting to preserve my sanity, as it is not always easy to be what appears to be a lone voice of optimism against a tidal wave of negativity at times.

However, I am sticking up for MHRA, UK's regulator for medicinal products.

People's memories are very short, in that the MHRA were praised for their accelerated review and approval process for the first vaccine in December; yet they are now being criticised for holding up the final product release process that led to the delay in the vaccination roll out.

MHRA does not, and has never cut corners. They do not yield to political pressures, and everyone who has had any dealings with them can attest to that fact, myself included.

I am glad to hear the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS, my own professional body) has pressed for community pharmacists who are already trained to administer flu vaccine to help with accelerating the Covid-19 roll out. Apparently, they offered and were initially ignored until the president of RPS went on air on national radio to voice her concerns for not getting involved recently, allegedly.

Hey ho!

Stay safe everyone!

DK :roll2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live in the U.S. in North Carolina. I just saw on the news last night that one town (I forget where this was) was going to open schools up completely, no online, their nuts.

:-o

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear, for those who object to GMOs, I wonder if they would allowed themselves to be inoculated with the AZ vaccine as it contains GMOs!!!

MHRA Approval of AstraZeneca Vaccine

DK :))

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T certainly a very long and thorough lockdown is needed but do they have a plan after lockdown? Any contact tracing etc?

Because surely you can't just lock down and then go back to normal. It would never end!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T certainly a very long and thorough lockdown is needed but do they have a plan after lockdown? Any contact tracing etc?

Because surely you can't just lock down and then go back to normal. It would never end!

Unless the country is geographically remote / in an island situation (which the UK actually are!) and making use of this situation (no incoming flights) plus sparsely populated , I'm afraid those measures seem not to be enough. At least in a place like Europe, where we've been working so hard on interconnecting all EU countries ( I like to remind people it's all started out as a plan to ensure piece after two horrible wars, which has worked out splendidly so far). So even the strict masking requirements and excellent contract tracing haven't worked after the first lockdown for the Euro countries. We have a general curfew in France, parts of Germany and Belgium , which I think is good (people inclined to go to work only , where they have to follow the strict sanitary protocols , and then straight back home).
It's the private and family settings where people let their guard (and mask) down. Understandable but dangerous....

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As @kipari said, we have had contact tracing for many months in the UK & Europe.

What will happen after the hard lockdown ends is anybodies guess at the moment, as they haven't come up with an exit plan as such. But Bojo has made it extremely clear the targets & measures are constantly moving & will need to be reacted to. So although vaccinations are well under way & we're all at home currently, despite the scientific advisers optimistically saying the summer months may bring back normal life for the most part, they are saying that next winter there may need some form of restrictions again, until everybody is vaccinated.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results